PDA

View Full Version : Broyles Coming Back Next Year?

kelloggOUballa
10/31/2010, 03:20 AM
On setting single-game receiving yard record:

"People compared me to Mark Clayton in the beginning, so I feel like that's what I had to do to fill his shoes. I have a whole other year left, so I'm just going to make the best of it."

Not sure where he is projected in the draft, I know Kiper has him as the No. 3 or 4 non-senior WR. But this would be awesome if he is indeed staying!

Okie35
10/31/2010, 03:40 AM
I think Broyles will stay. I saw it earlier on the bottom line it showed the top 5 receiver prospects. He was 4th... behind Blackmon, Green, and Jones and in front of Jeffery.

pappy
10/31/2010, 03:43 AM
I hope he stays. He talks like the kind of guy who enjoys being there and knows that the nfl will still be there after his senior year.

sooner59
10/31/2010, 03:44 AM
I think he will stay as well. Oh and if he does...how bad will we suck next year. :D

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 04:45 AM
plus the potential NFL lockout will have an effect on it.

swardboy
10/31/2010, 07:38 AM
Why not stay and be the definitive #1 NFL prospect the next year...lots of dinero!!!!

Kudos to Landry for some pin-point passing on the deep routes...that sure helps a WR out.

RacerX
10/31/2010, 07:53 AM
plus the potential NFL lockout will have an effect on it.

This.

badger
10/31/2010, 07:59 AM
He's said a few times that he wants to stay. I'm all for it. We'll be absolutely sick on offense next year.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/31/2010, 08:00 AM
I hope he stays also, but why would he? With him being a special teamer and the fact that he goes up and fights for the ball he could be a late first rounder! Plus we have started to see a bunch of the little guys have pretty good careers . Why take the chance and get hurt?
:gary:

OUthunder
10/31/2010, 08:04 AM
Give him a Conoco credit card and he'll be back, lol.

SunnySooner
10/31/2010, 08:37 AM
I hope he stays, but if not, I hope the Rams snap him up so he and Sammy can play catch on Sundays. It'd almost be as good as watching us play a 2nd game every weekend. ;)

OUEngr1990
10/31/2010, 09:39 AM
Broyles was born in the shadow of Owen field, he we stay as long as he can to soak up the Sooner experience. I have no doubt..

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 09:47 AM
I thought it was funny how ESPiN was mentioning that Maehl(sp?) kid from Oregon with his 8 catches for 145 yards and 3 TDs, and yet no mention of Broyles that had a much better game with 9 catches 203 yards and 3 TDs.

Lets see here, last time I checked Broyles averages 22.56 yards per catch 1 of 3 catches were for TDs.

That oregon kid averaged 18.13 yards per catch and 1 of 2.67 catches for TDs.

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 09:49 AM
I hope he stays also, but why would he? With him being a special teamer and the fact that he goes up and fights for the ball he could be a late first rounder! Plus we have started to see a bunch of the little guys have pretty good careers . Why take the chance and get hurt?
:gary:

Can you say NFL player Lockout?

Next season there is no real advantage of going in the first round. There will be a cap on what first rounders can make. So why not just take in the experience and enjoy college one more year?

Besides, he is from Norman, he is one of those kids that love wearing the Sooners on his chest.

That is why he would stay! And there is a chance to get hurt onany play. Doesn't matter if it is this year or next. And as wee saw with Bradford, and even Willis MaGhee (from Miami, FL), it doesnt really matter if you get hurt or not, you will still get drafted and paid if the NFL thinks you deserve it!

VA Sooner
10/31/2010, 10:02 AM
Projected in the top 20 so far... plenty more games to shine and rise.

Widescreen
10/31/2010, 10:04 AM
I thought it was funny how ESPiN was mentioning that Maehl(sp?) kid from Oregon with his 8 catches for 145 yards and 3 TDs, and yet no mention of Broyles that had a much better game with 9 catches 203 yards and 3 TDs.

Lets see here, last time I checked Broyles averages 22.56 yards per catch 1 of 3 catches were for TDs.

That oregon kid averaged 18.13 yards per catch and 1 of 2.67 catches for TDs.

Broyles was playing CU and Oregon was playing USC. I suspect that's why.

oumartin
10/31/2010, 10:07 AM

It's like when you see someone light up our defense. It's really nothing new so it typically won't make their highlights. :D

OU_Sooners75
10/31/2010, 10:28 AM

LMFAO....so that explains why it happens every game agaisnt the scrubs then right? oh wait!

And USC is not exactly a good team this year, but nice try in trying say they are.

Okie35
10/31/2010, 11:43 AM
LMFAO....so that explains why it happens every game agaisnt the scrubs then right? oh wait!

And USC is not exactly a good team this year, but nice try in trying say they are.

Yea if SUC had an ounce of defense they would've won. They should've studied the Oregon/Arizona State game.

Widescreen
10/31/2010, 02:05 PM

You misunderstand. I'm not saying USC is any good. I'm saying the national media loves to talk about them and so Oregon having success against them is a way bigger deal to them than us beating a nobody CU team.

josh09
10/31/2010, 02:11 PM
His size is what is against him when talking about the NFL. If he stays and puts on a show for another year, he'll be a much better prospect than if he left this year, because the odds are probably against him growing any taller! :D

Iam4OUru
10/31/2010, 02:12 PM
You misunderstand. I'm not saying USC is any good. I'm saying the national media loves to talk about them and so Oregon having success against them is a way bigger deal to them than us beating a nobody CU team.

Let's not forget who was callin' the game.