PDA

View Full Version : Decide what your DEMOCRAT VOTE will do, by Thomas Sowell

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/31/2010, 01:47 AM
http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article/552199/201010291911/Will-Voters-Set-US-Free-From-Obamas-Hold-.htm

JohnnyMack
10/31/2010, 09:40 AM
French toast for breakfast today. Then off to get a haircut before football starts.

Viking Kitten
10/31/2010, 10:42 AM
Heh heh...the link says "news and anal." Heh heh heh.

10/31/2010, 12:35 PM
Here's another beauty, comrade VK.
http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?v=hdSU4zkUQu

SanJoaquinSooner
10/31/2010, 01:47 PM
I just received my defined benefits "open enrollment" package for 2011.

It appears my cost for the medical plan I have (Employee + Family in Kaiser HMO) is decreasing 5%. Surprised me, since the benefits now include no co-pay for preventive, kids covered until age 26 if not covered elsewhere, no cap on annual or lifetime limits.

Regarding Sowell's article, I agree with him about not knowing what's in bills. But that problem isn't limited to health care reform. Nobody knew just how bad NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND was going to be either... you don't get the details of the subsequent regulations constructed by the politburo's appointee's until much later.

And regarding the overall issue of health care, the unsustainability of it really is based on the huge number of old f**kers who rack up millions in cost so they can live long enough for their great grandchildren can see how they weren't. Medicare is the ticking time bomb.

bluedogok
10/31/2010, 03:44 PM
I just received my defined benefits "open enrollment" package for 2011.

It appears my cost for the medical plan I have (Employee + Family in Kaiser HMO) is decreasing 5%. Surprised me, since the benefits now include no co-pay for preventive, kids covered until age 26 if not covered elsewhere, no cap on annual or lifetime limits.
Do you have a new deductible? Consider yourself lucky and a rarity if your premium went down without a deductible.

Our insurance doubled and my wife and I are on our own policies at our respective employers. That wasn't the big hit though, we went from a co-pay system to an old fashioned deductible systems. Mine happened last year with minimal increase, as a single insured I have a 5,000 deductible then an 20/80 split for in-network care, my wife's is 3,000. I never come close to meeting a deductible, never have since I have been off my parents policy.

I am with a small firm (50 employees scattered between Texas and Indiana) with many younger females and the Indy office have had quite a few births which always skews the insurance rates. My wife is with a non-profit and they have many employees with disabilities so that skews their rates.

11/1/2010, 12:20 AM
If this article helps even one person to focus on what the Democrat party has done to America, and especially since they've had control of the govt. for the last 4 yrs, it's a start, and a positive thing

Crucifax Autumn
11/1/2010, 12:33 AM
What if it has the opposite effect on some other dumbazz, thus counterbalancing the one person mentioned?

LosAngelesSooner
11/1/2010, 01:01 AM
What if it has the opposite effect on some other dumbazz, thus counterbalancing the one person mentioned?
It already has. Witness the thread starter...

Condescending Sooner
11/1/2010, 10:10 AM
My insurance went up $200.00 a month. Everyone's that I know of had increases as well. I think Joaquin is in a very small minority.

SoonerNate
11/1/2010, 11:50 AM
It already has. Witness the thread starter...

Would you be happy had W mandated you purchase something against your will?

11/1/2010, 01:54 PM
Would you be happy had W mandated you purchase something against your will?LAS goes silent... that's his answer.

The
11/1/2010, 01:56 PM
Would you be happy had W mandated you purchase something against your will?

Not a fan of all those bombs my tax payer dollars went to.

11/1/2010, 02:02 PM
Not a fan of all those bombs my tax payer dollars went to.But, you DO like govt. takeover and destruction of the private sector?

The
11/1/2010, 02:04 PM
But, you DO like govt. takeover and destruction of the private sector?

What in the world are you talking about? Government take over of what? Are you like the Dale Gribble of this board? Black Helicopters and whatnot?

11/1/2010, 02:37 PM
Government take over of what? Who let you out of the root cellar? Don't you have a tv or radio or a means to assimilate current events...for the last 2 yrs

The
11/1/2010, 02:40 PM
Who let you out of the root cellar? Don't you have a tv or radio or a means to assimilate current events...for the last 2 yrs

I still have no idea what you are talking about. Have we been invaded? Is it Norway?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2010, 02:43 PM
I guess The thinks its entirely normal for the federal government to own car companies, insurance companies, the student loan industry, etc???

Maybe he has been in Norway???

The
11/1/2010, 02:49 PM
I guess The thinks its entirely normal for the federal government to own car companies, insurance companies, the student loan industry, etc???

A tad bit of hyperbole there, don't you think?

KC//CRIMSON
11/1/2010, 03:07 PM
My insurance went up $200.00 a month. Everyone's that I know of had increases as well. I think Joaquin is in a very small minority.

Mine went down as well. Granted it only when down eight dollars a bi-weekly paycheck, it still went down.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2010, 03:29 PM
A tad bit of hyperbole there, don't you think?
No, I was being modest, actually.

The
11/1/2010, 03:52 PM
No, I was being modest, actually.

Good for you.

Cornfed
11/1/2010, 05:03 PM
I'm doing the "random" ballot this year, I will randomly go down the ballot and mark the first box untill all sections have a mark. (just teasing)

11/1/2010, 06:55 PM
Lordy Lordy, it all happens tomorrow!

11/2/2010, 12:14 AM
Bring It, beyonces

King Barry's Back
11/2/2010, 09:04 AM
"regarding...health care, the unsustainability of it really is based on the huge number of old f**kers who rack up millions in cost so they can live long enough for their great grandchildren can see how they weren't." -- SanJoaqinSooner

Hey, SJS, can you clarify that part about the "old f**kers" a little bit? It reads kind of like maybe you left a word out, and I can't quite figure your meaning.

Except it kind of sounds like maybe you don't like old people and wish they would die? If so, I am guessing you are still pretty young, and healthy. Good for you.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/2/2010, 09:54 AM

Yeah things are terrible in Norway (http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/) I've heard

As a student, it would be great if the government took over predatory student lending industries. Or better yet, subsidized my education like the rest of the developed world.

The
11/2/2010, 10:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/ruJ0V.jpg

Bourbon St Sooner
11/2/2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah things are terrible in Norway (http://hdr.undp.org/en/statistics/) I've heard

As a student, it would be great if the government took over predatory student lending industries. Or better yet, subsidized my education like the rest of the developed world.

Maybe the gov't can give you a paycheck just for existing:rolleyes:

Cornfed
11/2/2010, 01:40 PM
I think the Govt should regulate everything. Including Hyperbole.

tommieharris91
11/2/2010, 01:43 PM
Know who else used hyperbole? Hitler.

There. Godwin wins again.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/2/2010, 01:44 PM
Maybe the gov't can give you a paycheck just for existing:rolleyes:
Thats a big jump from education...

Cornfed
11/2/2010, 01:47 PM
Know who else used hyperbole? Hitler.

There. Godwin wins again.

Hitler also used the toilet. :P

11/2/2010, 03:17 PM
Tomorrow is your voting day, dems. Get there early and often!