PDA

View Full Version : Dorial Green-Beckham

BoomerSooner3
10/31/2010, 01:10 AM
Not sure why he doesn't have thread yet, but he deserves one.

Kid is a stud and might be the #1 player in the country for 2012. 6'6 4.4

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/OOZhNHopEd-lugAcxJTdpg/maxpreps-male-athlete-of-the-year--dorial-green-beckham.htm

I think he was at the Colorado game tonight. He likes OU, Arkansas, and Mizzou from what I hear.

If we get him, our offense in 2012 could be absolutely sick. Landry, Metoyer, Stills, Millard, Finch, Brandon Williams, DGB, Franks, Haywood, and an experienced O-line.

picasso
10/31/2010, 10:13 PM
dayum.

Tigeman
11/1/2010, 12:40 AM
Wonder if he can throw at all? Cam Newton type! HAHA.

On a serious note though...We're gonna have to fight Mizzou on this one...but even worse, that prick CUM! That SOB is going after him REALLY REALLY HARD! Supposedly his coach/adopted dad has some times to FL. as he grew up in Coral Gables. Not sure how much that comes into play. Of course the Gator's current season can't help much!

SONofa47straitSOONER
11/1/2010, 01:01 PM
"I want one." -(Tony Stark, Ironman 2)

His height, speed and athleticism would add that "Gresham" dimension. Imagine Dorial on the field at the same time as Stills, 100 meter state champ Franks or #1 WR Metoyer, Millard, Finch and Brandon Williams. And Danzell Williams and Brandon Carter have got football skills that would work on either side of the ball.

All this top-knotch talent will motivate players like Brennan Clay, Justin McKay, Jonathan Miller and Austin Haywood to raise their game for playing time.

The Sooner's future looks bright.

soonerboy_odanorth
11/1/2010, 05:24 PM
Not sure why he doesn't have thread yet, but he deserves one.

Kid is a stud and might be the #1 player in the country for 2012. 6'6 4.4

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/OOZhNHopEd-lugAcxJTdpg/maxpreps-male-athlete-of-the-year--dorial-green-beckham.htm

I think he was at the Colorado game tonight. He likes OU, Arkansas, and Mizzou from what I hear.

If we get him, our offense in 2012 could be absolutely sick. Landry, Metoyer, Stills, Millard, Finch, Brandon Williams, DGB, Franks, Haywood, and an experienced O-line.

Why wait for 2012? OUr offense is going to be absolutely amazing next year, regardless. Broyles basically said he is coming back next year. (See Tulsa World.)

As of right now it looks like we are replacing Mensik and Murray, and that's it.

Don't forget Clay, Miller, and Calhoun (I'm not giving up on him, I hope he doesn't) for depth at RB. And I love the improvement both Hanna and Ratterree have made. Our offensive line depth next year is just awesome.

And everyone should be excited about the D next year, too. We may have our strongest collection of CB's here in the Stoops era in Fleming, Hurst, and Colvin. Proctor has played well in relief of Q and Nelson. So he'll man one safety, and Jefferson the other... or Javon Harris who also looks like a stud. He had a lot of PT and looked good against CU.

And then, look at the depth in the front 7. It is almost unbelievble. This is what we'll have to build from next year NOT including this year's recruits:

DE: Alexander, King, Washington, Grissom, Ndulue, Brown, Johnson.
DT: Walker, McGee, McFarland, Noble, Peterson, Williams, Humphrey.
LB: Box, R. Lewis, Ibiloye, Wort, Nelson, Bird, Franklin, Favors.

And not listed among those 22 (22!) players is one Travis Lewis, who may or may not be NFL bound, especially if there is a labor dispute.

Even if you look at the kicking aspect, though we still grind our teeth about them, they are collectively better than they were last year, and I think will continue to get better. And we haven't even seen Easley or Hunnicutt yet. So we may get an answer from those two with another year of development.

Guys and dolls... holy carck, this team next year has every chance to be off the charts good.

Tigeman
11/1/2010, 06:12 PM

R. Lewis will be at DE next year

Adrian
11/8/2010, 08:27 PM
At 6'6", it would be hard for even Landry Jones to overthrow him... :rolleyes:

Tigeman
11/9/2010, 12:57 AM
IDK, schmitty's only gonna beef him up more. Expect more and more Steroid balls! LOL

sooner518
11/9/2010, 09:46 AM
watching his highlights, it looks like hes just jogging all over the field. he just makes everything look easy.

setem
11/12/2010, 08:51 PM
He sounds like a stud! We should get him!

IronHorseSooner
11/13/2010, 10:53 AM
Why wait for 2012? OUr offense is going to be absolutely amazing next year, regardless. Broyles basically said he is coming back next year. (See Tulsa World.)

As of right now it looks like we are replacing Mensik and Murray, and that's it.

Don't forget Clay, Miller, and Calhoun (I'm not giving up on him, I hope he doesn't) for depth at RB. And I love the improvement both Hanna and Ratterree have made. Our offensive line depth next year is just awesome.

And everyone should be excited about the D next year, too. We may have our strongest collection of CB's here in the Stoops era in Fleming, Hurst, and Colvin. Proctor has played well in relief of Q and Nelson. So he'll man one safety, and Jefferson the other... or Javon Harris who also looks like a stud. He had a lot of PT and looked good against CU.

And then, look at the depth in the front 7. It is almost unbelievble. This is what we'll have to build from next year NOT including this year's recruits:

And not listed among those 22 (22!) players is one Travis Lewis, who may or may not be NFL bound, especially if there is a labor dispute.

Even if you look at the kicking aspect, though we still grind our teeth about them, they are collectively better than they were last year, and I think will continue to get better. And we haven't even seen Easley or Hunnicutt yet. So we may get an answer from those two with another year of development.

Guys and dolls... holy carck, this team next year has every chance to be off the charts good.

What will be interesting to see is if Blake Bell jumps Drew Allen to be the back up next year. We will have five (yes, five!) scholly QBs next year, and they are all good.

We should be ashamed of all of the RB talent that we have (but we are not!:D ). According to one service, B. Williams might end up being the #1RB in the country by the time it is all said and done. People forget, but Calhoun was the #1 (or #2) RB in his class. Folks, those are our back ups! That's not to mention J. Miller, who is also pretty good.

TE/FB should be good as well as we will have two improving Sr. TEs. Millard will be all-conference by the time he is done, and Heywood is going to be good as well. I am looking forward to Stephenson and Tapko. Stephenson is a Gresham-esque TE (6'6', 235 as a FR). Tapko is the #1 recruit from KS.

OUr WRs will either be guys with incredible speed or moves in the open field (Broyles, Stills, Franks, B. Carter, Powell, Jackson) or outstanding size (D. Miller, Metoyer, McCay, Reynolds, McClain). I when I mean speed, I mean burners. Broyles will be the best WR in the college game (if he isn't already), and Metoyer was the best at his level. Landry and the rest of OUr QBs have no excuse for not having excellent targets.

OUr line will be huge. Across the board, OUr line will average about 6'5" and well over 300! We should start 2 SR tackles (Jones and Stephenson), two JRs with two years as starters (Evans and Habern), and either Ikard or Good. One problem with OUr line this year is that this is the first full year for them as OL. Ikard was a TE before parts of Spring camp. I am absolutely looking forward to seeing some of OUr FR, RS FR, and SOPH OL next year. We have some absolute earth-movers back there (Irwin, Shead, Dar. Williams, Farniok, Dismukes, Alandoye, Woods, and Thompson). I hope we get back to some power-running, and maybe if Coach Mangino gets involved, as some here think he will, then we have the guys to do it.

We will have 20 scholly DL next year, and just one of them is a SR (Big Frank)! What that means is that we will be good and deep there for the next few years. Like OUr OL, we are just very young and need more time. We have also been without maybe OUr best run stopper this year, Casey Walker, as he took that cheap shot against the thugs from Cincy. Here's what we look like next year:

1st Team: King, McGee, Walker, Alexander
2nd Team: R. Lewis, McFarland, Noble, RJ Washington
3rd Team: Ndulue, Peterson, Humphries, Grissom
4th Team: Brown, Dam. Williams, Hughes
5th Team: C. Washington, Phillips, Wade, Anderson

LB should be interesting, as we have no SRs in that group. T. Lewis might or might not come back. Even if he doesn't, we still should be good, experienced and athletic.

We will miss QC and Nelson in the secondary, but it isn't like the guys have no experience. Jefferson may be preseason all-conference.

cjames317
11/13/2010, 12:59 PM
... OUr line will be huge. Across the board, OUr line will average about 6'5" and well over 300! We should start 2 SR tackles (Jones and Stephenson), two JRs with two years as starters (Evans and Habern), and either Ikard or Good. One problem with OUr line this year is that this is the first full year for them as OL. Ikard was a TE before parts of Spring camp. I am absolutely looking forward to seeing some of OUr FR, RS FR, and SOPH OL next year. We have some absolute earth-movers back there (Irwin, Shead, Dar. Williams, Farniok, Dismukes, Alandoye, Woods, and Thompson). I hope we get back to some power-running, and maybe if Coach Mangino gets involved, as some here think he will, then we have the guys to do it...

Let's hope Jonathan Gray realizes what this means.