PDA

View Full Version : Yay!

Okla-homey
10/30/2010, 01:00 PM
Lookin' good on Tuesday for restoration of the proper order at the federal level. But remember to vote.

And you vote in Oklahoma, please consider voting for Jari Askins, she is the only Okie gubernatorial candidate with a functioning brain. And you want that quality in a governor.

The Democrats' final push to woo undecided voters appears to have fizzled, potentially putting dozens of competitive House races beyond reach and undermining the party's chances in at least four toss-up Senate seats, according to party strategists and officials.

Independents, a crucial swing bloc, seem to be breaking sharply for Republicans in the final days of the campaign.

One nonpartisan prognosticator, Stuart Rothenberg, said Friday he thought the Republicans could pick up as many as 70 House seats—something no party has achieved since 1948. The Republicans need 39 seats to take the majority. Fading Democratic support among independents is also keeping alive the GOP's longer-shot hopes of taking the Senate.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304879604575582472322281134.html?m od=WSJ_hp_MIDDLENexttoWhatsNewsSecond

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 01:04 PM
I thought you were pulling fer Super-Trooper?

VeeJay
10/30/2010, 04:48 PM
I'm still trying to sort out that whole Florida Clinton-Crist-Meek-Rubio mess.

This gives legitimacy when people look at our country as unsustainable.

Scott D
10/30/2010, 04:54 PM
Homey you keep talking like that and rushy clone is going to put you in the axis of ignore.

Okla-homey
10/31/2010, 02:17 PM
Homey you keep talking like that and rushy clone is going to put you in the axis of ignore.

I am an enigma and an anethma to people like Rushy because I don't vote straight party ticket. I vote based on who I beleive is the better person and who will do the best job. Admittedly, there are a couple issues that are deal-breakers for me, but generally, as long as the Donk is solid on my key issues, I'll vote for a Donk of substance over a vapid 'Pub. That is certainly the case this year in the Oklahoma gubernatorial race.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 02:23 PM
I feel the same way Holmes.

SoonerStormchaser
10/31/2010, 02:24 PM
And you vote in Oklahoma, please consider voting for Jari Askins

If I did vote in OK...no way in hell would I vote for her...and the wife isn't either.

Okla-homey
10/31/2010, 06:12 PM
If I did vote in OK...no way in hell would I vote for her...and the wife isn't either.

Alrighty then. It's a good thing you don't vote in Oklahoma.

SoonerStormchaser
11/1/2010, 07:56 AM
Well, she ain't getting the wife's or stepdaughter's votes either.

You guys wanna insult Fallin's affair with the trooper, fine (of course, I'm sure none of you have made any kind of mistakes in your life, so go ahead, keep stoning her for it). You guys wanna insult what you think is her lack of a brain, fine. But I have seen or heard NOTHING that would convince me to vote for Askins if I had voter registration in OK.

Ton Loc
11/1/2010, 08:10 AM
But I have seen or heard NOTHING that would convince me to vote for Askins if I had voter registration in OK.

Sorta sounds like you made a conscious decision to not hear or see anything. I mean, its not like she's hiding her website, commercials, debates, and interviews from you.

SoonerStormchaser
11/1/2010, 09:04 AM
Nope...but again, there's nothing I've seen that would seal the deal for voting for her...and to be fair, same goes with Fallin. Just like with two years ago in my local state congressional race, if I think I don't like any of the candidates or am not informed enough to make an honest decision, I leave that section blank. This year, I'd leave this section blank if I were voting in OK. Frankly, I don't think either of em are worth a damn.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2010, 09:14 AM
Fallin's not a lawyer.

That alone is reason to vote for her.

JohnnyMack
11/1/2010, 09:33 AM
Mary Fallin just runs around screaming, "Obama!" and "Family Values!" and all the sheeple lap it up. Predictable.

3rdgensooner
11/1/2010, 09:35 AM
You guys wanna insult Fallin's affair with the trooper, fine (of course, I'm sure none of you have made any kind of mistakes in your life, so go ahead, keep stoning her for it). She (or anyone else for that matter) can be a dirty whore all day long as far as I am concerned. Just don't run for public office touting "family" or "Oklahoma" values.

SoonerStormchaser
11/1/2010, 10:42 AM
And just how many of you have committed an indiscretion or done something stupid that you wish you could take back? Do you consider yourself to still be a moral person?

OUinFLA
11/1/2010, 10:54 AM
I'm still trying to sort out that whole Florida Clinton-Crist-Meek-Rubio mess.

This gives legitimacy when people look at our country as unsustainable.

It appears to me that Crist initiated this. He was the one to gain.
Kudos to Meek for not backing down, even though he is way behind in the polls.
I think it will backfire on Crist, his interviews since the incident portray him as someone who doesnt really want to answer the questions about it.

I dont know how many of you in other states have Early Voting, we have had it in Fla for a couple of years. That's how I voted this year. We can vote early during the preceeding 15 days of election day. Pretty convenient.

So far Early Voting in Fla has logged over 2 million voters.
Im guessing this mid-term election will set record levels across the country.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2010, 10:55 AM
And just how many of you have committed an indiscretion or done something stupid that you wish you could take back? Do you consider yourself to still be a moral person?

How do you know she wishes she could take it back?

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2010, 11:03 AM
Mary Fallin just runs around screaming, "Obama!" and "Family Values!" and all the sheeple lap it up. Predictable.People lap it up because Obumblfuk is such a disaster and liberalism is a miserable failure.

JohnnyMack
11/1/2010, 11:05 AM
How do you know she wishes she could take it back?

Oh I bet she wishes she could take it. Back.

OhU1
11/1/2010, 11:13 AM
Just don't run for public office touting "family" or "Oklahoma" values.

Cheating and divorcing are Oklahoma values. Look at the stats. ;)

soonerscuba
11/1/2010, 11:30 AM
Askins would be the only thing standing between the legislature and OK being a national punchline.

picasso
11/1/2010, 11:32 AM
Askins would be the only thing standing between the legislature and OK being a national punchline.

Why so? Askins is running as a conservative.

3rdgensooner
11/1/2010, 11:34 AM
Cheating and divorcing are Oklahoma values. Look at the stats. ;)Haha, oh yeah, I forgot.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/1/2010, 12:32 PM
I'll be voting for as many 3rd party candidates as I can reasonably find to vote for.

I guess after tomorrow we'll be back to the big government Republicans instead of the bigger government Democrats.

soonerscuba
11/1/2010, 12:36 PM
Why so? Askins is running as a conservative.I think there is a fundamental difference between being conservative and being a wingnut. The Oklahoma legislature is a hive of wacky ideas that thankfully get vetoed before they can do little but be embarrassing (i.e. the 10th amendment nonsense, and voter ID nonproblems). Oklahoma has every right to govern within the frame work of the U.S. and Oklahoma Constitution, a sensible veto saves the state in thousands of dollars of court costs for things that won't constitutionally wash anyway.

SoonerMustang
11/1/2010, 12:54 PM
I think there is a fundamental difference between being conservative and being a wingnut. The Oklahoma legislature is a hive of wacky ideas that thankfully get vetoed before they can do little but be embarrassing (i.e. the 10th amendment nonsense, and voter ID nonproblems). Oklahoma has every right to govern within the frame work of the U.S. and Oklahoma Constitution, a sensible veto saves the state in thousands of dollars of court costs for things that won't constitutionally wash anyway.

Amen, they should save all the political platitudes and start working for the betterment of all Oklahomans.

OklahomaTuba
11/1/2010, 12:54 PM
Askins would be the only thing standing between the legislature and OK being a national punchline.Oh I dunno about that, the donks have done a damn good job making themselves a national punchline already.