PDA

View Full Version : What a joke has Kansas become....

soonercastor
10/30/2010, 05:06 AM
Kansas is a 19 points underdog against Iowa State today :eek:. Tells you how low the program is this year.

Turner Gill :gary:

CatfishSooner
10/30/2010, 06:16 AM
STFU BWHAHAHHHAHHA

Leroy Lizard
10/30/2010, 09:52 AM
Was Turner Gill the head coach that many wanted Auburn to hire? IIRC, they hired Chizik over some black coach and it pissed off a lot of people.

KantoSooner
10/30/2010, 09:55 AM
"...become..."?

That would indicate that they were, at one point in their history, not a joke. Is this true?

humblesooner
10/30/2010, 10:20 AM
"...become..."?

That would indicate that they were, at one point in their history, not a joke. Is this true?

I would guess they weren't considered a joke the year Mangina took them to the Orange Bowl.:confused: :confused:

Football Jim
10/30/2010, 12:16 PM
The folks in Lawrence are definitely ticked that Turner seems to be such a dud.
That said, the Fat Man had to go. My nephew works in the KU Ath. Dept. and Mangino was not the type of guy you wanted to be around. Literally he is a pig.

Will Turner get things together? ......No.....we are talking about KU football;)

yermom
10/30/2010, 12:19 PM
we are back to 2002 :D

picasso
10/30/2010, 12:19 PM
That said, the Fat Man had to go. My nephew works in the KU Ath. Dept. and Mangino was not the type of guy you wanted to be around. Literally he is a pig.

Will Turner get things together? ......No.....we are talking about KU football;)

That may be but you know he's laughing right now at the expense of KU, while enjoying a bowl of tofu.

agoo758
10/30/2010, 12:20 PM
Kansas is a 19 points underdog against Iowa State today :eek:. Tells you how low the program is this year.

Turner Gill :gary:

Iowa State isn't quite the doormat that it once was.

And I believe that the fall out and the chaos from the firing of magino, the AD being forced to resign, and what I can assume some type of magino faction within the team, there are a lot of factors beyond Gill's control that has contributed to what has happened this year.

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 12:22 PM

Sad you would take a jayhawks opinion of him being a pig over what he actually was doing for their Program. The KU folks couldn't take the crap they got about him being a pig and sacrificed their Football Program because of their own selfish pride. They did a witch hunt on him and now they deserve to be Div IA cellar dwellers. I saw Mark here in Norman and I thought the dude knew how to Coach. Screw what ever personal habits these guys have. If you win games and take your Team to Bowls...what else is there?

Eielson
10/30/2010, 12:23 PM
Was Turner Gill the head coach that many wanted Auburn to hire? IIRC, they hired Chizik over some black coach and it pissed off a lot of people.

Yeah. Gill wasn't hired for racist reasons...

picasso
10/30/2010, 12:24 PM
Sad you would take a jayhawks opinion of him being a pig over what he actually was doing for their Program. The KU folks couldn't take the crap they got about him being a pig and sacrificed their Football Program because of their own selfish pride. They did a witch hunt on him and now they deserve to be Div IA cellar dwellers. I saw Mark here in Norman and I thought the dude knew how to Coach. Screw what ever personal habits these guys have. If you win games and take your Team to Bowls...what else is there?

The KU folks are the Texas Longhorns of the north. They are pompous, pasty white jerkwads for the most part.

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 12:25 PM
The KU folks are the Texas Longhorns of the north. They are pompous, pasty white jerkwads for the most part.

One of my Uncles live there. They are completely delusional

Soonermagik
10/30/2010, 12:26 PM
I'm betting both Tech and KU regret firing their former coaches. Both programs really stink now. Tech doesn't have the firepower it once did. Kansas looks terrible all the way around.

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 12:27 PM
I'm betting both Tech and KU regret firing their former coaches. Both programs really stink now. Tech doesn't have the firepower it once did. Kansas looks terrible all the way around.

AMEN.

royalfan5
10/30/2010, 01:04 PM
Let's not forget that KU lost their last 7 games last year with the best QB and WR in their history. They probably were going to suck this year no matter who was in charge.

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 01:07 PM
Which is pretty much like just rolling another large log on the fire.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/30/2010, 01:32 PM
The KU folks are the Texas Longhorns of the north. They are pompous, pasty white jerkwads for the most part.I believe many of their fans are as big OU-Haters as any fan base in the Midlands.

picasso
10/30/2010, 01:41 PM
I believe many of their fans are as big OU-Haters as any fan base in the Midlands.

Yep. I once dated a chick in KC and all of her friends were KU grads. They were bigger jerkoffs than the ksu types.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/30/2010, 01:51 PM
Yep. I once dated a chick in KC and all of her friends were KU grads. They were bigger jerkoffs than the ksu types.One of their Doosh fans came to an OU gamewatch at the OU(Tilted Kilt) sportsbar here in PHX last year, and casually made digs against OU all night, while sitting at a table with us OU fans. He acted like he was trying to convert us into OU haters. It was preposterous. Whatta Doosh!

OUthunder
10/30/2010, 02:00 PM
Bring back the walking Krispie Kreme.

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 02:08 PM
Bring back the walking Krispie Kreme.

I'd like to see him replace Tulsa's Coach

ThinMan
10/30/2010, 02:34 PM
Everyone took the points on that right?

badger
10/30/2010, 03:39 PM
I don't know how much they're losing to Iowa State by now, but I know it's a lot.

Kansas deserves this, whole-heartedly. I'm sorry that it happened to Turner Gill, because he seems like he has good intentions and is a nice guy, but KU, the Jayhawks who were not satisfied with Orange Bowls and contentions for the Big 12 North, THEY deserve this. Boo on them, hope you lose a lot more, and I know you will, because you just paid Mangino a $3 million buyout and are on the hook for five years (at $2 mil per year) with Turner Gill with no buyout in the contract.

soonercastor
10/30/2010, 03:42 PM
Iowa State will be looking to be bowl eligible @ Colorado in a couple of weeks

sooner59
10/30/2010, 04:03 PM
Will Iowa State and Baylor both go to bowls this year?

Soonermagik
10/30/2010, 04:43 PM

Yes, toilet and cereal.

sooner59
10/30/2010, 04:46 PM
Whatever happened to the Salad Bowl?

Soonerson1975
10/30/2010, 04:50 PM
Whatever happened to the Salad Bowl?

That's one bowl that they can't blame Mangino taking with him.

Crucifax Autumn
10/30/2010, 04:50 PM
Mangino ate it when the rest of the buffet was gone.

soonercastor
10/30/2010, 04:56 PM
HAHAHHAHAAH. I thought he didnt eat salad :P

MyT Oklahoma
10/30/2010, 05:56 PM
One of my Uncles live there. They are completely delusional

Oh you have no f-ing idea. I've lived here (Kansas) all of my life. We are talking a truly lost cause (i.e., KU).

VA Sooner
10/30/2010, 06:22 PM
Mangino was just mean to his players... and see what niceness brings.

Bunch of cry-babies. Probably trying to remember Mangino's cell phone number now.

bluedogok
10/30/2010, 07:09 PM

Yes, toilet and cereal.
...better than the bowl the Whorns might end up at.

The Tech fans that I know where none too happy about Leach being sacked....they are even less happy with what has happened this season.

soonercastor
10/30/2010, 07:12 PM
...better than the bowl the Whorns might end up at.

They might not even end up in a bowl

TheHumanAlphabet
10/30/2010, 07:25 PM
Dear KU, how is that nicey no touchy coach working out for you?

You are doing what I had hoped for...losing and stinking up the place. Mangino deserved better from KU.