PDA

View Full Version : Just for you Texaspokie, Game 2 World Series musings

SPuL
10/29/2010, 03:52 PM
http://www.flockaball.com/baseball/mlb/2010/10/29/cains-domination-renterias-redemption-a-bullpen-meltdown-and-other-game-two-musings/

:mad:

texaspokieokie
10/29/2010, 04:13 PM
thanx !!

GrapevineSooner
10/30/2010, 10:29 AM
Allow me to address this...

And for Ron Washington to not utilize closer Neftali Feliz, who worked a total of 3.0 innings in the ALCS, and who hadn’t pitched since last Friday night’s clincher, is unacceptable

The 4-5-6 hitters were due up for Texas. Had they used Feliz to stop the bleeding, his spot in the lineup would have come up as the 6th spot in the inning.

Let's say for the sake of argument that the Rangers get a run in, have two runners on, and two out.

Clearly, you'd have to pinch hit for him in this instance. But in doing so, if you drive the tying run or go ahead run in, you've suddenly lost your closer.

Thank you, ridiculous NL Rules.

texaspokieokie
10/30/2010, 03:30 PM
yep, much better to walk in a couple runs.

texaspokieokie
11/1/2010, 09:19 AM
Allow me to address this...

The 4-5-6 hitters were due up for Texas. Had they used Feliz to stop the bleeding, his spot in the lineup would have come up as the 6th spot in the inning.

Let's say for the sake of argument that the Rangers get a run in, have two runners on, and two out.

Clearly, you'd have to pinch hit for him in this instance. But in doing so, if you drive the tying run or go ahead run in, you've suddenly lost your closer.

Thank you, ridiculous NL Rules.

i much prefer the NL rules.