PDA

View Full Version : Do you think if the fans boycotted this season...

Big 8
10/29/2010, 01:24 PM
of "men's basketball" in the LNC anyone would be able to tell?:pop:

lasooner123
11/8/2010, 10:52 PM
thats kinda funny but sad cause no

StoopTroup
11/8/2010, 10:53 PM
I've boycotted since kelvin hung up the phone.

NormanPride
11/9/2010, 10:03 AM
Why boycott? All it does is hurt the team. The coach will be fired if we lose regardless of whether fans show up or not. But if no fans show up then we just hurt the players and future plans to get better.

...sooner
11/9/2010, 10:34 AM
man this is sad. those guys are working hard. & its not this teams fault we had **** heads last year.. this is a WHOLE new team.. & ya they might not be that great & but you should still want to support your sooners no matter what. because they could come out & surprise a lot of people. ill still be there even if they lose every game

fwsooner22
11/9/2010, 11:08 AM
So many great typists with some much time on their hands. Willing to criticize something they haven't even seen. Look, don't go that's fine and you have every right AND I have the right to wish you would go away.

badger
11/9/2010, 11:09 AM
Let me skip my usual novel - don't boycott.

ouleaf
11/9/2010, 12:36 PM
Boycotting makes no sense. Fans not showing up for lack of desire to watch a mediorcre team makes far more sense. I hope the Men can get off to a decent start and inspire more fans to come out and watch live rather than on the television or not at all.

I do feel like a weight has been lifted off this teams shoulders b/c they really don't have a lot of pressure to succeed. Everyone knows it's a rebuilding year and they can focus on developing better habits and playing better team basketball.

Sooner95
11/10/2010, 05:05 PM
Geez, go to the frakin game. Hell you could live where I do and have to drive an hour to watch (ACK) big10 hoops............................................. .

__________________________^_______________________ ______

StoopTroup
11/14/2010, 08:01 PM
If I don't boycott can I post FIRE CAPEL! posts after every loss?

booomer
11/15/2010, 07:01 AM
Boycotting makes no sense. Fans not showing up for lack of desire to watch a mediorcre team makes far more sense. I hope the Men can get off to a decent start and inspire more fans to come out and watch live rather than on the television or not at all.

I do feel like a weight has been lifted off this teams shoulders b/c they really don't have a lot of pressure to succeed. Everyone knows it's a rebuilding year and they can focus on developing better habits and playing better team basketball.

Me too. We purchased the mini-season tickets this year just like we always have.

yankee
11/15/2010, 01:33 PM
believe it or not, i'm actually going to my first basketball game tonight...and i'm a junior. i never even saw blake griffin play. i suck. :mad:

but i'm excited to be going tonight!

KBoomer11
11/18/2010, 06:10 PM
I usually go to every game barring lots of homework. I would much rather have a team like we have this year than the team we had last year, but boy, it's going to be a looong year..

wilson63
11/23/2010, 08:11 AM
so basically your taking the NCAA stance..punish the team now for something they had nothing to do with in the past. I like this team..they play hard and play as a team...this is our University..support it or be a fan of another school...but when the program turns around ..please don't ask for a seat on the schooner.....