PDA

View Full Version : Should FarVrah Start this Week?

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 12:02 PM
Dude's Streak is still intact....

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2010, 12:04 PM
It is a streak that will unlikely ever be broken...Not sure why he would put himself through that.

That or do a NASCAR move...start the game and do one series and rest for the rest of the game. and still get credit for the start.

badger
10/29/2010, 12:08 PM
Ohhhh, I'll play your game, you rogue!

If Childress, the brainless wonder whose incompetence is only rivaled by Greg Davis as far as football smarts go, decides to sit Favre, Favre will not only pout, I could see him walking out on the organization.

Favre has said repeatedly how unimportant the streak is... which by now I think we've all figured it out that it is indeed important to him, otherwise he wouldn't keep trying to shoot down it's importance (let along play no matter how injured his ankles, hands, and other injured appendages are).

If Childress ends the streak rather than Favre, than Brett is dead to him.

Maybe that's what the fans want. It's what I wanted a few years ago, but alas, can't always get what you want.

Dwight
10/29/2010, 12:10 PM
I honestly think he should be benched for the rest of the season. He's done more harm than good for the Vikings....plus he sucks

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 12:12 PM
Didn't they say he's played in 200 something consecutive games? When I heard them talking about it, they didn't say anything about him starting. I thought he missed a start a couple years back with the Jets or am I mistaken?

Dwight
10/29/2010, 12:14 PM
Didn't they say he's played in 200 something consecutive games? When I heard them talking about it, they didn't say anything about him starting. I thought he missed a start a couple years back with the Jets or am I mistaken?

I believe you are mistaken. I think it's 291 consecutive games, to be precise

badger
10/29/2010, 12:15 PM

Um... no.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Bydq7ft6Jhc/TF7909g-mnI/AAAAAAAAADk/fzKKdKJ6F78/s1600/trollface.gif
Unless of course you're referring to the playoffs, in which case yes, Favre missed several games while with the Jets that season

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 12:22 PM
Um... no.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Bydq7ft6Jhc/TF7909g-mnI/AAAAAAAAADk/fzKKdKJ6F78/s1600/trollface.gif
Unless of course you're referring to the playoffs, in which case yes, Favre missed several games while with the Jets that season

Trollface? Why do I get the troll face? My question was valid though. When I heard on ESPN the just said consecutive games, not starts. And if he missed multiple game then I'm correct. Unless it's one of those gay made up stats, where he started 291 regular season games only on sundays when his team has won by three touchdowns in the snow....

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 12:23 PM
GAH!!! What a waste of 1000th post....thanks Badger...

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 12:33 PM
Badj is a bit sensitive right now. I figured you'd like this thread. Just figured I better get it started. :D

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 12:35 PM
I just voted yes as I think he should play until he is swallowed up by the field.

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 12:40 PM
Badj is a bit sensitive right now. I figured you'd like this thread. Just figured I better get it started. :D

That time of the month?

SoonerLB
10/29/2010, 12:51 PM
I bet if KW had the chance, he'd play him the first series, . . . . . you know, 2 swing passes and a draw play up the center's butt! ;)

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 01:08 PM
That time of the month?

Your on your own Home Skillet....LOL

OUthunder
10/29/2010, 01:11 PM
First off, I laugh at crybaby Packer fans who hate on Farve. He wanted out of that ****ty state with good reason. You should thank him really, he gave you some great years and a Super Bowl title. Just admit that your pissed because he gave you the finger and wanted out.

With that said, I hope that he retires a Viking. Minnesota wants him and as long as he thinks he can play an entire game, let him. However, playing just to keep a streak alive is bush league IMHO.

Scott D
10/29/2010, 01:13 PM
not only should he start, he should make sure he does irreparable damage to that ankle while being clearly ineffective. His dumb *** should have stayed retired.

badger
10/29/2010, 01:25 PM
First off, I laugh at crybaby Packer fans who hate on Farve.

You're just asking Dean to ban you. CRYBABY PACKERS? Oh yeah, I'm really crying up a storm that he's some other fanbase's problem now :rolleyes:

GAH!!! What a waste of 1000th post....thanks Badger...

Bawww, look at the cute widdle poster with their cute widdle post count :O

Badj is a bit sensitive right now. I figured you'd like this thread. Just figured I better get it started.

Sensitive? To what, exactly? The sun? I'm indoors. The Packers? We won last week. The Sooners? It was only a matter of time before we got our token-since-2000 loss outta the way. To you boys? Hell, I've put up with you for this long, what's another season, another thread...

That time of the month?

No... wait...why are you asking? Ew.

C&CDean
10/29/2010, 01:28 PM
First off, I laugh at crybaby Packer fans who hate on Farve. He wanted out of that ****ty state with good reason. You should thank him really, he gave you some great years and a Super Bowl title. Just admit that your pissed because he gave you the finger and wanted out.

With that said, I hope that he retires a Viking. Minnesota wants him and as long as he thinks he can play an entire game, let him. However, playing just to keep a streak alive is bush league IMHO.

I'm a Packer fan, but I don't hate on Favre. I think he's a ****ing numbskull for coming back after retiring the first time though. And going to the pansy-assed purple viqueens of minnasooohtah makes it that much worse for a Packer fan. I hearted him when he was in NY. Not so much when I see him in those putrid colors. And finally, if he goes into the HOF wearing purple he's gayer than Sicem.

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 01:37 PM
I think most people agree that he has had a good career, I just think people are getting tired of the "I'm retiring, oops changed my mind I'm playing" crap...

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 01:47 PM
Favre's a rahtard.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 02:04 PM
I think Farve's deal is a kind of opposite approach. For instance....Barry Sanders...it didn't look like Barry needed to retire back when he did...he just wanted to be released from Detroit. When that didn't happen...he said "SEE YA!". The idea that he could have broken records blah blah blah had no affect on him.

Brett...I always thought he would have stayed in GB as long as he wanted but GB wasn't happy and they fixed a Trade. Now he gets booed when he goes back there. The Jets traded him too. Now he's just doing what the hell he wants to do...kind of like that LeBron Commercial that's out right now.

He could retire but I get the feeling he likes the controversy. It's funny how all the Schlong pics and stuff are popping up on him too. Almost like folks are trying to force him into retirement.

Maybe it's nothing but I just get the feeling he likes ****ing with everyone after he got passed around. Dude can still play better than a rookie most days.

Scott D
10/29/2010, 02:38 PM
Not a Lion fan but the ****ty part of what Barry Sanders did was wait until just before training camp to decide he was going to retire...by fax if I remember correctly. Way to let the team plan the draft around your decision that you had all spring to make.

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 02:41 PM
Not a Lion fan but the ****ty part of what Barry Sanders did was wait until just before training camp to decide he was going to retire...by fax if I remember correctly. Way to let the team plan the draft around your decision that you had all spring to make.

How many times has that first round draft pick for the Lions been a season changing pick?

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 02:50 PM

He didn't feel like he was a part of the Team so he did what Barry wanted to do. He also had tried to get them to release him....they thought they could pressure him IMO.

It wasn't like the Lions were gonna have a shot at the Super Bowl either.

Both sides were pretty ****ty from what I remember.

I saw him play the Oilers in the Astrodome before he retired.

C&CDean
10/29/2010, 03:03 PM
I think it's fairly well documented that Barry Sanders was/is bat**** crazy.

badger
10/29/2010, 03:26 PM

He was an interesting case... ended up going to OSU because they wouldn't return his recruiting tape, left early from school because his daddy wanted money, then the Lions became a run-only team... and it sank them. Running the ball alone will not win enough ball games, even if your running back is Barry Sanders. This is why it makes me smile when Pokes think they will be OK without Blackmon when they still have Kendall Hunter - you. are. doomed. KSU, mark it in ink.

Anyway, the day the Packers held him to negative-one rushing yards (yard? i guess "yard") for a game was so good that it made the hall of fame... but frankly, we could beat the Lions whether Barry ran minus-1 or 200, and so could everyone else in the NFL.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 03:52 PM

Just want he had to endure in stoolwater probably was enough to make him snap

TheHumanAlphabet
10/29/2010, 04:02 PM
He should start only if he comes on the field with a copy of the phallic photo he sent to the lady in his hands...

Blue
10/29/2010, 04:15 PM
Yes, he should start. Only bc I'm starting the Patriot Defense and they should be good for about 4 turnovers and maybe a TD if Favre is chunking it around.

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 11:05 AM
At this point No + If he starts for one snap and goes out his streak is BS. HELL NO! = 16

Yes + For one play then he should go out that way his record is intact. = 14

No's have the lead in the poll so it looks like he'll definitely play. Dude always goes against the flow of good sense. :D

TXBOOMER
10/30/2010, 12:55 PM
Favre is a tough Mutha. If he can play, let him play. They have had a tough schedule this year. I count three Sooners on that team so I hope he plays well.

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 01:00 PM
At this point No + If he starts for one snap and goes out his streak is BS. HELL NO! = 16

Yes + For one play then he should go out that way his record is intact. = 14

No's have the lead in the poll so it looks like he'll definitely play. Dude always goes against the flow of good sense. :D

UPDATE!

16-16....lol

BoulderSooner79
10/30/2010, 01:34 PM
Childress can choose to lose if he benches Favre and starts Jackson.

-or-

He can start Favre, and lose that way.

StoopTroup
10/30/2010, 02:06 PM
17-17!

LMAO!

Okie35
10/30/2010, 02:07 PM
Brett's going to start.

Scott D
10/30/2010, 02:48 PM
I'm saddened for the fact that one of the choices wasn't "Yes, and watch him get Theismann'd"