PDA

View Full Version : Our Teams Attitude

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 08:47 AM
..After the loss. How do some of you think they are doing with it? Will they use it to inspire themselves. Shake it off like it didn't happen? Call it a bad night? Prepare to collect buffalo skins?

Anyone seen any Interviews?

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 08:51 AM
Listen very carefully to what the coaches tell them?

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 08:57 AM
Listen very carefully to what the coaches tell them?

I'd hope that's what happens. There's always that little head thing the Coaches can't sometimes get to.

KantoSooner
10/29/2010, 09:20 AM
I was told in no uncertain terms that our team has no attitude. That in essence the players were utterly unconnected free agents who gathered for practices and games, but otherwise had little influence on each other or collective identity.
So I guess that kind of moots your question. (That it also moots the entire concept of team sports may be inferred.)

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 09:37 AM
NO SWAGGER?

soonercastor
10/29/2010, 10:11 AM
NO SWAGGER?

:eek: :eek:
http://www.hellinthehallway.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/oh-no-you-diint-emu.jpg

just mention that word

;)

To answer your question, I think it will depend on what goal the coaches had set for them at the beginning of the season (Big XII championship would be my guess). If that's the case then the coaches will just have to remind them that they are still in purty good shape to reach that goal. However if it was the MNC then there could be a let down, although the coaches would also take care of that. So basically if those guys they hired are around we should be fine :gary:

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 10:13 AM
:D

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l5rxr5IocR1qcghcho1_400.jpg

madillsoonerfan5353
10/29/2010, 10:29 AM
I was told in no uncertain terms that our team has no attitude. That in essence the players were utterly unconnected free agents who gathered for practices and games, but otherwise had little influence on each other or collective identity.
So I guess that kind of moots your question. (That it also moots the entire concept of team sports may be inferred.)

If this is the truth, I don't like it. I do recall a Tony Jefferson interview on soonersports.com, when he was asked what the California kids bring to the team he said that they conect with the *saxet* kids and they bring a SWAGGER to the team. What I'm getting at is that he didn't act like he cared what the SOONERS means on his jersey. I think this could be a problem with this coaching staff, they get guys who are great players, but could care less where they are playing. We need to start looking at some of the lower star talent that know OKLAHOMA history and WANT to play for the SOONERS! (Aaron Colvin, Sam Bradford, GK)

:gary:

mightysooner
10/29/2010, 10:40 AM
They'll play like world beaters Saturday in Norman and crush Colorado.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 11:01 AM
This is starting to turn into the Sunshine pumping thread I hoped it would. Nice job everyone! :D

NOVSooner
10/29/2010, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=madillsoonerfan5353;3014510]If this is the truth, I don't like it. I do recall a Tony Jefferson interview on soonersports.com, when he was asked what the California kids bring to the team he said that they conect with the *saxet* kids and they bring a SWAGGER to the team. What I'm getting at is that he didn't act like he cared what the SOONERS means on his jersey. I think this could be a problem with this coaching staff, they get guys who are great players, but could care less where they are playing. We need to start looking at some of the lower star talent that know OKLAHOMA history and WANT to play for the SOONERS! (Aaron Colvin, Sam Bradford, GK)

On the flip side, I'd rather have talent and swagger than a sense of "entitlement" because they have SOONERS on the jersey. So far these young ones (jefferson, stills, millard, etc.) seem to be coachable and have respect not only for the team but for the leaders of this team as well. what you are stating almost seems like the problem they have at florida this year with the freshman coming in and the ordeal they had before season started.

as far as the original post ?, Habern was interviewed by Ubben I believe and stated the team still knows its goals and they have a great chance to achieve them as long as they take care of business.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/29/2010, 11:23 AM
On the flip side, I'd rather have talent and swagger than a sense of "entitlement" because they have SOONERS on the jersey. So far these young ones (jefferson, stills, millard, etc.) seem to be coachable and have respect not only for the team but for the leaders of this team as well. what you are stating almost seems like the problem they have at florida this year with the freshman coming in and the ordeal they had before season started.

as far as the original post ?, Habern was interviewed by Ubben I believe and stated the team still knows its goals and they have a great chance to achieve them as long as they take care of business.[/QUOTE]

I agree I want the talent to, but if they come in here and don't know a thing about the history of Oklahoma, they might not play as hard as the kids that want to be SOONERS! It might seem silly to some, but one thing that gets me in the RRS we don't see the horns down after a big play that much anymore! Or the hooke em horn for fact. I think of RR last year when he made a big play in the backfield coming down the stretch he got up and put a double horns down, or Kejuan Jones got smacked to his *** crossing the goal line and got up and you got horns down. I just think so of these kids could care less, they are just worried about getting to the next level. I'll stop crying now. BOOMER!

:gary:

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 12:05 PM
Entitlement = not good IMO.

OU_Sooners75
10/29/2010, 12:06 PM
We have had players that have thought that way for as long as I can remember. Not a bad thing, but it would be nice to have more Oklahoma Grown kids on our roster that have pride in playing for OU, not just looking at it as a stepping stone to the NFL.

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 12:26 PM
We have had players that have thought that way for as long as I can remember. Not a bad thing, but it would be nice to have more Oklahoma Grown kids on our roster that have pride in playing for OU, not just looking at it as a stepping stone to the NFL.

I would say that is most players at most schools. Money speaks, tradition and a free education don't....

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 12:28 PM
We ought to just start paying them for performance.

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 12:31 PM
I think our players will do fine this weekend. I just like how this team seems to have a team first attitude vs a "it's all about me cause I'm the superstar" attitude. I think the latter has been seen in some of Bob's other teams/players.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 12:46 PM
Well...surely all these guys talk and if some Sooner Born Sooner Bred Homeboys start getting excited and tell why they are there and what it means to play here...I think it has to be intoxicating. Just take one look at all those players faces after they beat teh whorns....every time we take one of these pics after a win....yep...all Sooners. Just IMO....

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/613587/48446_texas_oklahoma_football.jpg

ouerocs
10/29/2010, 12:55 PM
Ill ask Roy Finch tonight. He's going to be at a halloween party here in moore tonight. He's best friends with my buddy trevor.

jumperstop
10/29/2010, 12:59 PM
Ill ask Roy Finch tonight. He's going to be at a halloween party here in moore tonight. He's best friends with my buddy trevor.

Get a picture of him dressed up if you can. :D That's be funny to see.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 01:07 PM

Sweet. Have fun...

OUthunder
10/29/2010, 01:13 PM
The only question that I really have left about this team is which other road game do they lose in?

Stoolwater
Faggieland
Wacoff

MoJoOkie
10/29/2010, 01:14 PM
I don't see the Cali boys acting all entitled. To me, it looks like they play with as much passion out there as anybody; and they're the youngsters. You can include Finch and Nelson it that as well. So far, during the games, they have seemed pretty resilient. I would expect them to play the buffs hard and win going away. I think the schedule helped us a little here. At home, against a decent, but wounded opponent, just before some critical away games. It lines up well for us.

SoonerNate
10/29/2010, 01:14 PM
HOW ABOUT OUR D COACHES ATTITUDES?

Why does this staff always blame the players?

MoJoOkie
10/29/2010, 01:15 PM
The only question that I really have left about this team is which other road game do they lose in? That's the spirit.

OUthunder
10/29/2010, 01:15 PM
Sweet. Have fun...

Clevor Trevor sighting?

swardboy
10/29/2010, 01:33 PM

BS...Stoops has the team locked in dungeon tonight before the game. Or, he better.

rainiersooner
10/29/2010, 01:33 PM

Wow I'm surprised there's no curfew the night before a game.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 01:49 PM
Amazing how everyone knows everyone on the team.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 01:53 PM
LOL...

Wonder how much James Hale would charge for info like that.

I was kind of hoping we would have seen some Picks of Finch dressed up like Billy Sims with a Blowout Fro or Lil Joe in silver slippers.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/29/2010, 02:58 PM
HOW ABOUT OUR D COACHES ATTITUDES?

Why does this staff always blame the players?

THIS^^^^^^ I wish BV would job shadow Jay Norvell for about a week or two! :D

BOOMER!

madillsoonerfan5353
10/29/2010, 03:00 PM
Entitlement = not good IMO.

+1