PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Surgery paid by the Taxpayer

Sooner5030
10/29/2010, 02:26 AM
Another reason J6P gets “angry” and goes to these Tea Party protests. Hopefully these union driven excesses will wake up folks and require them to get a calculator and determine what benies we want and can pay for. On a lighter note…….teachers with racks ROCK!!

gubment teat providing teatties (http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_news/new_york_state/NY-TeachersCosmetic-Surgery-20101028-apx)

Teachers Spent $9M On Cosmetic Surgery in 2009

Published : Thursday, 28 Oct 2010, 12:19 PM EDT

BUFFALO, N.Y. - The state-appointed authority overseeing Buffalo public school finances says taxpayer-covered cosmetic surgery rung up by the city's teachers totaled nearly $9 million in 2009.

The Buffalo Fiscal Stability Authority reports that last year's costs for such elective procedures as chemical peels and other skin treatments are up $8 million over the 2004 tab for cosmetic surgery provided under the teachers' union contract.

School district officials say teachers or their dependents accounted for 90 percent of the approximately 500 people who received cosmetic surgery last year. About 10,000 district employees are eligible for the benefit.

The president of the teachers' union says the union has agreed to give up the benefit in the next contract.

GKeeper316
10/29/2010, 03:06 AM
i dont have a problem with taxpayer funded plastic or cosmetic surgery... as long as its some poor kid who lost half his face when he face planted on some pavement or something of that nature...

chemical peels? really? thats ****ing ridiculous.

Sooner5030
10/29/2010, 03:33 AM
Yep…..it’d be nice to see some details on what the $9 million went towards. Teatties and peels vs. reconstructive surgery for trauma.

I think folks need to understand that given our current fiscal problems at the federal, state and local levels every single expenditure will soon be scrutinized by the media and citizens. If you’ve been ‘getting over’ the mob will be looking to cut your benies.

Leroy Lizard
10/29/2010, 04:00 AM
The president of the teachers' union says the union has agreed to give up the benefit in the next contract.

It just goes to show you how much power they have lost over the years. Ten years ago they would have fought back.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/29/2010, 08:37 AM
i dont have a problem with taxpayer funded plastic or cosmetic surgery... as long as its some poor kid who lost half his face when he face planted on some pavement or something of that nature...

Agreed, there are things for quality of life, recovery from necessary surgery, etc. But chemical peels and elective cosmetic surgery, should be for your own dime...

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 09:18 AM

You would call that Reconstructive Plastic Surgery. Sometimes after that...people need a bit more work done once they have completely healed.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 09:23 AM
So I can't hold out any hope for a taxpayer funded weiner enlargement?

virginiasooner
10/29/2010, 09:24 AM
So I can't hold out any hope for a taxpayer funded weiner enlargement?

You could always buy youself a Hummer.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 10:04 AM
My experience left me feeling self-conscious about the size of my scar tissue.

olevetonahill
10/29/2010, 10:05 AM
This is Udder Bull ****. The dayum Gov. should Have a Federal Clinic in every town doing nothing But making sure every WOMAN has a Nice rack. See Titties is that important.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/29/2010, 10:14 AM
My experience left me feeling self-conscious about the size of my scar tissue.

That would qualify IMO as this would be part of a continuing treatment for a previous injury.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/29/2010, 10:16 AM
This is Udder Bull ****. The dayum Gov. should Have a Federal Clinic in every town doing nothing But making sure every WOMAN has a Nice rack. See Titties is that important.

I see it now, some politician proclaiming instead of a chicken in every pot, a nice, large rack for every man's woman (or woman's woman?)... :eek:

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 10:23 AM
That would qualify IMO as this would be part of a continuing treatment for a previous injury.

:D LMAO....

TheHumanAlphabet
10/29/2010, 10:29 AM
:D LMAO....

I'm thinking I missed a reference in there somewhere as to not what I was thinking about...

olevetonahill
10/29/2010, 10:34 AM
I see it now, some politician proclaiming instead of a chicken in every pot, a nice, large rack for every man's woman (or woman's woman?)... :eek:

Oh and as far as the Gov, They would require that all the Wimmens need to go around Topless to prove the That the program werks ;)

yermom
10/29/2010, 10:45 AM

heh