PDA

View Full Version : Big Question for the CU game...

gaylordfan1
10/28/2010, 10:43 PM
I haven't figured out how to make a poll thread, so if anyone can tell me PM me.

Who will have more rushing yards against Colorado, Murray or Finch?

I'm predicting Finch as the player of the game. Any thoughts?

olevetonahill
10/28/2010, 10:45 PM
I haven't figured out how to make a poll thread, so if anyone can tell me PM me.

Who will have more rushing yards against Colorado, Murray or Finch?

I'm predicting Finch as the player of the game. Any thoughts?

Ya have to be a sponsor ;)

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 10:46 PM
Before you submit your new thread...scroll down to where it says Post a POLL and check the box.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 10:46 PM
Ya have to be a sponsor ;)

Oh yeah...there's that little chestnut....lol

gaylordfan1
10/28/2010, 10:48 PM
Kool! But, I'm more interested in what you guys think about the question. :D

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 10:49 PM
I totally agree with you except I think it's Murray. :D

gaylordfan1
10/28/2010, 10:54 PM
I'm just wondering how long it will take for this lil guy to learn the check downs at the line of scrimmage. It's my understanding thats why he isn't in the game more. I'm just hopping Stoops sees the possibilities with this kid, and that his abilities to change the game with one play out weighs playing Madu in front of him.

goingoneight
10/28/2010, 11:04 PM
If Finch can continue to do well in what's considered still a "green" state for him, I say play him over Madu. I really think madu was moved back to RB at the start of camp because of disappointment with Calhoun and Miller not being healthy. You can say you wanna play the freshman all you want to, but they had redshirt written all over them until they made it through camp just as impressive as at the start of camp. Unfortunately, Finch had the injury.

Madu was always healthy; but couldn't beat out Chris Brown for playing time. He moves to WR, has issues settling into it, moves back to RB and all along people are all over this guy about how good he is and how he might be better than DM. I never saw it... still don't. Not only do I think OUr freshmen are more talented, it appears they take care of the football better. Madu has either dropped or lost the ball at some of the worst times in recent years. I hope the guy has a successful end to his senior year, but I wouldn't be all that depressed if we went with a DM/Finch/Clay look and Madu and Calhoun did the mopup duty the rest of the year, either.

gaylordfan1
10/28/2010, 11:20 PM
Well, its obvious why D. Murray and the coaching staff have been so high on Finch throughout the year. I know he hasn't banged out a big run, but man I think he is a block or a shoestring tackle away from busting one out. I will say he is pretty consistent at getting yards when needed, and turning a busted play into positive yards.
I will be honest, after Madu fumbled the ball I didn't want him back into the game. Esp, that close of a game. He just has tendency of coughing it up. I did give him props for the return, although I couldn't figure out how he got caught from behind.
I do have a agenda, I've been high on Finch every since I got ahold of his highlight film. I've been waiting to see this kid for a long time.

soonercastor
10/28/2010, 11:27 PM
D. Murray.

sooner59
10/29/2010, 01:34 AM
I hope they both go for 200.

Collier11
10/29/2010, 01:44 AM
Murray will have 4 carries for 584 yards, Finch 3 carries for 454 yards

soonercastor
10/29/2010, 02:09 AM

:pop:

and we play defense the rest of the game :eek:

Seamus
10/29/2010, 03:29 AM

We playing in Canada?

Whet
10/29/2010, 06:37 AM
I think he will get more overall yardage in the game, but not by much.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 07:27 AM
How much either one of them gets depends mostly on how much Broyles and the other receivers are getting.

Okie35
10/29/2010, 08:48 AM
Considering Finch isn't 100% and doesn't start lol, I'd say Murray but Finch will have a good game as well because I doubt this game will be close. Finch, Clay, Franks, etc... will probably all get some burn.

BigTime1
10/29/2010, 09:37 AM
I hope they both go over a 100 but I would like to see more and more of Finch...Hes got the ability to break the game open for everybody...he requires plenty of attention from defenses...I also really like the set with him at rb and DM at slot that is brutal

Okie35
10/29/2010, 09:42 AM
I hope they both go over a 100 but I would like to see more and more of Finch...Hes got the ability to break the game open for everybody...he requires plenty of attention from defenses...I also really like the set with him at rb and DM at slot that is brutal

He's still green and still has to learn more of the offense. Yea, w/ Finch in the backfield and DM at slot that's pretty scary. We used to do that all the time last Saturday was the first time I've seen it in a while. I remember when Madu used to be put there too.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 09:47 AM
It will be interesting to see how Finch does once Teams start to see tape on him. Right now he's a wild card and is getting the benefit of not being locked in on like Murray.

The kid looks like something special indeed. Having them both right now works better than pitting them against each other. Murray is gone this year so Finch has the luxury of getting some snaps behind a terrific Legendary Back who is on his way to the NFL Draft soon.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 09:57 AM
I personally like the idea of them seeing him on film. It means they will have to devote practice time to 2 different styles of back.