PDA

View Full Version : Thank-you unidentified gas main buster person

Okla-homey
10/28/2010, 04:15 PM
So, there's a 16" natural gas main in the alley behind our building. At about 2:30 today, we evacuated our building because somehow, said gas line in the alley ruptured and was spewing dead dinosaur farts so powerfully you could actually see it.

The ONG crew that showed up couldn't turn off the appropriate valve because it was stuck. They further advised,"it ain't likely this thing will be shut-off for several hours. " Meanwhile, TFD sorta cordoned off the whole area, presumably to prevent someone inadvertantly sparking the gas geyser off.

So we all went home. The End.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 04:38 PM
Damn! Dangerous as hell that was.

hipsterdoofus
10/29/2010, 08:52 AM
Thats nothing....in downtown OKC yesterday some homeless person left their crap laying around and so of course it was automatically assumed to be a bomb...

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 09:08 AM
Homey...did your area get the all clear this morning?

Oldnslo
10/29/2010, 09:31 AM
probably too concentrated to flare up right there, but those of us, I don't know, maybe a block or so away from there, might just go FOOOOM.

brb

TheHumanAlphabet
10/29/2010, 10:32 AM
mmm, a BLEVE or fuel-air explosion...

soonerchk
10/29/2010, 11:23 AM
Thats nothing....in downtown OKC yesterday some homeless person left their crap laying around and so of course it was automatically assumed to be a bomb...

Tell Dude to use the toilet next time.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 11:28 AM
Looks like Homey took the day off. Maybe he's getting ready for the TG. :D

Okla-homey
10/29/2010, 06:01 PM
Looks like Homey took the day off. Maybe he's getting ready for the TG. :D

Nope, I was in Okmulgee all day doing stuff for a client. But I was able to get in the building this morning.

I checked out the scene of the leak too. Looked like ONG had to cut and dig about a dozen holes in that alley before they found a functional valve.