PDA

View Full Version : I do not like the new intro sequence

SoonerPride
10/28/2010, 01:58 PM
Maybe I'm the only one.
Maybe no one else cares.
But I finally have to vote a big thumbs down on the new Owen Field intro sequence.

The "there's only one Oklahoma" meme is getting stale, but that's still OK with me. The video at least shows highlights and builds anticipation to a crescendo. The stadium revs itself up into a fever pitch to see the team run on the field and then...and then...

And then zilch. Instead of the team entering the field, they cut to live footage of the players meandering from the locker room to the SE corner of the stadium to finally trot onto the field.

Talk about anti-climactic.

Lame. Would someone please wake me up when they get ready to come out?

I thought it was a just a hitch in their production the first couple of times. But it finally got through my thick skull at the ISU game that this was their intended sequence of events. Announce starting lineups, then play intro video, and then a minute or two later the team enters the field.

*yawn*

NormanPride
10/28/2010, 02:11 PM
I wish it had less practice and more highlights, but I like the tension that builds when you see the live shot of them going from the locker room to the field. Of course the first game was awful like that, but you've got to work out the bugs the first time.

Oh, and this thread is bri-nip.

cmoneyou
10/28/2010, 04:51 PM
The entire pregame has a weird flow to it. The crowd gets up for the band, then they kill the crowd noise with the very slowly paced starter intros, then they get the crowd back up with the video, then slow it down again with the walk out. It may be what they are attempting to do, but it would be cool if the live feed of the walk out was incorporated into the video with music and everything and the actual entrance onto the field coincided with "there is only one oklahoma" or "this is oklahoma football."

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 04:53 PM
They try to change it up every year...so what...this one wasn't their best. It happens. We're doomed anyway.

jumperstop
10/28/2010, 04:55 PM
They're ok, I think they just seems weak after the awesome ones we has in 08 and 09.

yermom
10/28/2010, 05:16 PM
it works ok now, but the first game they didn't have the timing right yet

i like it now

i still think our stadium doesn't work the crowd very well though

TrophyCollector
10/28/2010, 09:50 PM
Bring back Moby and James Garner

TUSooner
10/28/2010, 09:57 PM
Back in the day <cough cough> we didn't have no goldang hi-falutin "video intros" and we sat on ice cold wood benches, and we got splinters in our butts and were dang proud to do it for Bud & the boys! And we won 47 straight, ya buncha spoiled crybaby whippersnappers! So save all that fancy hollywood **** for the TV. <cough>

nuthin

OKLA21FAN
10/28/2010, 10:00 PM
maybe we should lift more weights?

brian
10/28/2010, 10:06 PM
i think it is kind of lame compared to that last few years, jmo

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 10:09 PM
i think it is kind of lame compared to that last few years, jmo

I'm guessing next year will kickass then.

SoonerPride
10/29/2010, 08:06 AM
Bring back Moby and James Garner

I thought the 'Body Rock' intro was the best too.

Lott's Bandana
10/29/2010, 08:54 AM
I don't like the practice shots either.

aggy's was exactly like that recently and I pooh-pooh'd it. Now ours is very similar...sigh.

We need some Elvis Peacock, Steve Davis, Thomas Lott - I like Tillman but how about Lil' Joe as the MC?

C&CDean
10/29/2010, 09:08 AM
What's "stale" is the Pride's pre-game routine. I physically shudder/cringe when they play GOF anymore. It's tired as hell, and everybody looks like uncoordinated honkies trying to clap in time to the music they can barely hear. It's tired and lame. ****ing stop it.

cmoneyou
10/29/2010, 09:11 AM
What's "stale" is the Pride's pre-game routine. I physically shudder/cringe when they play GOF anymore. It's tired as hell, and everybody looks like uncoordinated honkies trying to clap in time to the music they can barely hear. It's tired and lame. ****ing stop it.

This. How many years has it been the same? I can confirm it has been the same at least since 03.

Lott's Bandana
10/29/2010, 09:12 AM
"uncoordinated honkies" is redundant

C&CDean
10/29/2010, 09:13 AM
"uncoordinated honkies" is redundant

Speak for yourself cracka.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 09:18 AM
Speaking of uncoordinated honkies, SicEm posted this little gem at the hideout featuring some asteriskites really getting down:

_ujazryZ2Xk

yermom
10/29/2010, 09:28 AM
This. How many years has it been the same? I can confirm it has been the same at least since 03.

it seems they dropped GOF but added it back after 9/11

sooneron
10/29/2010, 09:29 AM
AWESOME!

I'm posting this every time that Lid posts in a FB thread. Which may never happen again. heh:texan:

MEH, I NEED SOME TIME BACK FROM THAT "SHOW"

yermom
10/29/2010, 09:30 AM
the good news is that someone's Silver Alert somewhere can be cancelled

AMSooner
10/29/2010, 09:49 AM
it seems they dropped GOF but added it back after 9/11

This is true. They finally got rid of it, then 9/11 happened and they brought it back. Mr. AMSooner and I curse the terrorists every time we hear it.

Lott's Bandana
10/29/2010, 10:01 AM
Speaking of uncoordinated honkies, SicEm posted this little gem at the hideout featuring some asteriskites really getting down:

_ujazryZ2Xk

Why the **** would you video that? Srsly.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 10:03 AM
Why the **** would you video that? Srsly.

To provide evidence that whitey should only country dance or sit the f*ck down? :D

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 10:21 AM
White gurl gets her *** tapped by a dude with a microphone....

sooneron
10/29/2010, 10:23 AM
As to the video, I think it would probably be better to start on the team exiting the locker room with no audio as they start walking down the hall, THEN cut to the vid. Of course, what do I know? :rolleyes:

TopDawg
10/29/2010, 02:34 PM
They seriously got rid of GOF for a while? I don't remember that.

we didn't have no goldang hi-falutin "video intros" and we sat on ice cold wood benches, and we got splinters in our butts

You've just described the K-State football experience.

SoonerNate
10/29/2010, 02:57 PM

_ujazryZ2Xk

This makes me embarrassed to be white.

King Barry's Back
10/29/2010, 07:34 PM

_ujazryZ2Xk

OMG, I can't unsee that.

TopDawg
11/2/2010, 11:19 PM
They seriously got rid of GOF for a while? I don't remember that.

I'm still curious about this.

If they brought it back after 9/11 that would mean it was in 2001 and I'm almost certain that it was part of the pregame in 1999 (my last year as a student). So if it was gone, that means it was only gone for the 2000 season (and/or the beginning of '01). If that's the case, I'd say that's reason enough to get rid of it forever...but I don't remember it being gone that year. Is that the timeline you all are talking about?

Norman Tugwater
11/2/2010, 11:30 PM
I think your boys intro needs some Eye In The Sky for the music. That song really pumps me up.
What pumps you guys up?

sooneron
11/2/2010, 11:31 PM
oh God...

GottaHavePride
11/3/2010, 11:06 PM
I'm still curious about this.

If they brought it back after 9/11 that would mean it was in 2001 and I'm almost certain that it was part of the pregame in 1999 (my last year as a student). So if it was gone, that means it was only gone for the 2000 season (and/or the beginning of '01). If that's the case, I'd say that's reason enough to get rid of it forever...but I don't remember it being gone that year. Is that the timeline you all are talking about?

Negative. We got rid of it at the beginning of the 2001 season. It was gone for one or two games, and then September 11 happened, and we brought it back. The drill never changed - it was the same damn drill with some other tune stuck in there. I can't even remember what other tune we put in there.

You know what bothered me at the game? The entire Pride actually rarely played from the stands except after scores. The damn drumline, however, played after nearly every play. (I know it's not the drumline's fault, but beJEEzus, are they all pansies now that can't handle playing that frequently?)

GHP = not a fan of the current band staff. (With a couple of exceptions.)

Side note: the twirler chick that broke out the flaming batons last weekend? Now THAT kicked ***.

yermom
11/3/2010, 11:13 PM
that's the first time i've seen her do the flaming baton thing, but the last one did it a few times

and they changed the video again. pretty drastically.

soonerboomer93
11/4/2010, 12:50 AM
yeah, i liked the one this weekend

stoops the eternal pimp
11/4/2010, 12:51 AM
when they show the players walking out from the locker room, it reminds me of hulk hogan coming out of the locker room to beat the iron sheik..

that is how cool i am

Seamus
11/4/2010, 03:22 AM

_ujazryZ2Xk

So that's how whores mate.

oumartin
11/4/2010, 07:17 AM
ya know if you put a different body and different face on that one girl with the big rear she might be halfway attractive.

TopDawg
11/4/2010, 09:59 AM
Negative. We got rid of it at the beginning of the 2001 season. It was gone for one or two games, and then September 11 happened, and we brought it back.

Gotcha...thanks.

TopDawg
11/4/2010, 09:59 AM
that's the first time i've seen her do the flaming baton thing, but the last one did it a few times

and they changed the video again. pretty drastically.

I'm pretty sure this is the same girl as last year. Are you talking about one from before last year?

NormanPride
11/4/2010, 10:04 AM
No, this girl is new I think. She and the drum major do something different each game at the end of pregame. One game she leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. The next game they both bent all the way back like doing a kind of strut-bow. I like the change-up.

C&CDean
11/4/2010, 10:11 AM
The drum major is the son of one of my co-workers. Like anybody gives a ****...

OUmillenium
11/4/2010, 11:03 AM
when they show the players walking out from the locker room, it reminds me of hulk hogan coming out of the locker room to beat the iron sheik..

that is how cool i am

With EYE OF THE TIGER music cranking = awesome

TopDawg
11/4/2010, 12:15 PM
No, this girl is new I think. She and the drum major do something different each game at the end of pregame. One game she leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. The next game they both bent all the way back like doing a kind of strut-bow. I like the change-up.

Last year it was this girl:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs329.snc4/41527_1457910104_4420185_n.jpg
http://www.g3graphx.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/141.jpg

Is it a different one this year?

oumartin
11/4/2010, 12:35 PM
are those the same girl? bottom pic girl seem sto have a tighter smaller butt.

TopDawg
11/4/2010, 01:07 PM
It's the same girl in those two pics.

NormanPride
11/4/2010, 01:10 PM
SEXIEST SHORTS EVER

And you may be right. I thought Meredith had one more year, but I guess this girl was here a year ago.

C&CDean
11/4/2010, 01:41 PM
I ain't down with the Hooter's nylons thingie. Skin for the win.

soonerborn45
11/4/2010, 01:47 PM

_ujazryZ2Xk

I was waiting for the dork in the green shirt to start doing the shopping cart or the lawn mower. :eek: