PDA

View Full Version : Dave Lamont, Florida Atlantic Announcer, FLIPS OUT During Broadcast (VIDEO)

CrimsonJim
10/28/2010, 12:20 PM
During Saturday's college football game between Florida Atlantic and Arkansas State, FAU play-by-play announced Dave Lamont flipped out on the air.

After FAU quarterback Jeff Van Camp got nailed in the head while sliding, Lamont went ballistic and argued that a flag should have been thrown. He was so angry about the flag not being thrown, that he even said he would fight anyone in the press box.

It was reported that Lamont apologized and he will be in the booth for Saturday's Shula Bowl against FIU, according to FAU Athletic Director Craig Angelos.

V9REY0kS1Ek

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/28/dave-lamont-florida-atlan_1_n_775371.html

Sooners78
10/28/2010, 12:40 PM
I listen to WBAP on my morning drive to work. Those guys played the audio, and couldn't stop laughing about it, especially when he got to the part about fighting anyone in the pressbox. LMAO!

badger
10/28/2010, 12:43 PM
Sounds like an F-bomb around the minute mark, so probably NSFW in case any of you want to play without headphones

oumartin
10/28/2010, 12:44 PM
so, when does he take over for BBS?

At least you can understand him

toast
10/28/2010, 12:47 PM
I can think of times when I would have been like that trying to call an OU game...

TheHumanAlphabet
10/28/2010, 12:47 PM
Classic!

TahoeSOONER
10/28/2010, 01:10 PM
I can't stop laughing.....I'll fight anyone in the press box, like they have anything to do with it.

Calling for the commish! You can stare at me all you want, epic.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/28/2010, 01:46 PM
Okay, so were the ASU fans staring at him because they heard him from the press box. Assume it was at ASU or why would he fight his own people??

CatfishSooner
10/28/2010, 03:26 PM
heh

Howzit
10/28/2010, 03:50 PM
This brings to mind an episode involving me back in the early 00's when we were playing at Mizzou. It was the game in which Stoops went for the fake field goal to win the game late.

Back then, I would, on occasion become a bit excitable, even angry, and express my displeasure in colorful language directed at the television. This was, of course before I reached enlightenment. It got to the point that everyone in the house moved upstairs when OU football games came on, even Ruby, our chocolate lab.

I don't even remember which play this stemmed from, in fact there were probably several candidates, but there must have been one in particular that elicited an eruption that exceeded my normal high standards. After the game my daughter, Jr (she was probably about 8 at the time), came downstairs to chastise me. She said, "Dad, you just used every single bad word, all in the same sentence."

Thankfully I am now a mature adult, entrenched firmly in Nirvana.

oumartin
10/28/2010, 04:07 PM
You're getting old Howzit. Stoopsie didn't coach in the early 90's. :)

toast
10/28/2010, 04:10 PM
that's ok I've blocked out most of the 90's in my head too

agoo758
10/28/2010, 04:14 PM
I love the other guy. "It looks like the team isnt the only one melting down here."
:D

Howzit
10/28/2010, 04:17 PM
You're getting old Howzit. Stoopsie didn't coach in the early 90's. :)

:O

I meant 00's.

And you're right, I am getting old.

Leroy Lizard
10/28/2010, 04:59 PM
He needs to be fired. You just can't do that on the air. (Well, you can. But you shouldn't.)

kevpks
10/28/2010, 05:12 PM
Howard will probably push to give the guy a raise.

prrriiide
10/28/2010, 07:19 PM
This brings to mind an episode involving me back in the early 00's when we were playing at Mizzou. It was the game in which Stoops went for the fake field goal to win the game late.

Back then, I would, on occasion become a bit excitable, even angry, and express my displeasure in colorful language directed at the television. This was, of course before I reached enlightenment. It got to the point that everyone in the house moved upstairs when OU football games came on, even Ruby, our chocolate lab.

I don't even remember which play this stemmed from, in fact there were probably several candidates, but there must have been one in particular that elicited an eruption that exceeded my normal high standards. After the game my daughter, Jr (she was probably about 8 at the time), came downstairs to chastise me. She said, "Dad, you just used every single bad word, all in the same sentence."

Thankfully I am now a mature adult, entrenched firmly in Nirvana.

LOL!

The other day I had my 4 y.o. asking me "Daddy, why you say dose mean fings to da udder cars?"

sooneron
10/28/2010, 09:19 PM
Yeah my daughter told me not to use the word idiot when directed at other drivers this AM. She said that I should just say , "C'mon people, let's go people!!" Hilarious hearing this from a 3.5 year old.

And Crimson Jim, your idea of "(VIDEO)" is extremely weak.

TrophyCollector
10/28/2010, 09:20 PM
I am guessing that he is a man and he is 40.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 09:25 PM
That'll haunt him for a long time....lol

CrimsonJim
10/28/2010, 10:16 PM

Sorry, I just copied the original title and didn't think to...well, I just didn't think. :O

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 10:19 PM
It's too bad there wasn't some video...it would have probably ruled....lol

CrimsonJim
10/28/2010, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I'm sure that would have been quite amusing.

Howzit
10/29/2010, 08:59 AM
LOL!

The other day I had my 4 y.o. asking me "Daddy, why you say dose mean fings to da udder cars?"

Yeah my daughter told me not to use the word idiot when directed at other drivers this AM. She said that I should just say , "C'mon people, let's go people!!" Hilarious hearing this from a 3.5 year old.

*snort*

I remember once when Jr was probably between 2 and 3, I'm driving the wife's mini van (shut it) and some driver is going really slow is in front of me. I didn't even realize I had said it, but from the car seat in the back I hear this little tiny voice, mimicking me, saying, "Come on, hoss!"

When I looked back at her she had this big you-know-what eating grin on her face.

sooneron
10/29/2010, 09:35 AM
Hell, when we were getting the new car last spring. We were in the dealership and my daughter is sitting in a Matrix or something. SHE leans out the window and YELLS, "Come on people let's go!!" Really loud. the place came to a standstill. She had the hand gesture and everything. heh

SoonerKnight
10/29/2010, 04:20 PM
*snort*

I remember once when Jr was probably between 2 and 3, I'm driving the wife's mini van (shut it) and some driver is going really slow is in front of me. I didn't even realize I had said it, but from the car seat in the back I hear this little tiny voice, mimicking me, saying, "Come on, hoss!"

When I looked back at her she had this big you-know-what eating grin on her face.

The wife's mini van? SURE!! :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
10/29/2010, 04:58 PM
Hell, when we were getting the new car last spring. We were in the dealership and my daughter is sitting in a Matrix or something. SHE leans out the window and YELLS, "Come on people let's go!!" Really loud. the place came to a standstill. She had the hand gesture and everything. heh

Horns-down, right?

King Barry's Back
10/29/2010, 06:38 PM
Oh, me. I'm a sucker for little kid stories. My daughter only knows about 15 words, and most of those are German, but I am sure my time will be coming soon.