PDA

View Full Version : "Baylor Looks to Upset the Surging Longhorns"

yermom
10/27/2010, 10:43 PM
that's the tagline Fox is using for their game this weekend. "surging"? is that what they call it when you are twitching on the ground when you have a seizure?

OU_Sooners75
10/27/2010, 10:44 PM
Would it really be an upset?

OUstud
10/27/2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah, reverse the names and it's almost accurate...

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2010, 10:45 PM
How would it be an upset when they are ranked higher and ahead in the conference?

And * is surging alright...Surging downward.

gaylordfan1
10/27/2010, 10:51 PM
is that what they call it when you are twitching on the ground when you have a seizure?

Postictal..... :D

soonercastor
10/27/2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah, reverse the names and it's almost accurate...

This

Intown
10/27/2010, 10:54 PM
Does that make Baylor better than ISU???

yermom
10/27/2010, 10:54 PM
if this game was in Waco, i'm thinking Baylor might be favored

Baylor ranked and already bowl eligible, and with a better record than Texas.

this season is crazy and it's barely half over.

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2010, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking the second half will be even more fun.

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 11:16 PM
Purging?

Octavian
10/27/2010, 11:26 PM
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/348/jacksonpopcornl.gif

Okie35
10/27/2010, 11:50 PM
if this game was in Waco, i'm thinking Baylor might be favored

Baylor ranked and already bowl eligible, and with a better record than Texas.

this season is crazy and it's barely half over.

Tejas is favored by 7.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/27/2010, 11:57 PM
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/348/jacksonpopcornl.gifMichael Jackson? Michelle Obama?

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 11:58 PM
Tejas is favored by 7.

That's a game I wouldn't go near as a gambler.

soonercastor
10/27/2010, 11:59 PM
yeah so in Waco they would be -3, maybe.

SicEmBaylor
10/28/2010, 12:27 AM
I don't care what the line is. I just want to lick their delicious salty tears when we win.

Okie35
10/28/2010, 12:29 AM
That's a game I wouldn't go near as a gambler.

I hear ya.

OU_Sooners75
10/28/2010, 12:30 AM
Now, if they were playing in Waco, I would say Texas -7.

But they have lost in Au**** to two worse teams. I don't see this changing.

Ill take the Baylor +7

deweydw
10/28/2010, 06:34 AM
I don't care what the line is. I just want to lick their delicious salty tears when we win.

Ooooooookaaaaaaayyyyyy........... You're weird...

http://www.weirdlook.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/no-more-milk.jpg

AlbqSooner
10/28/2010, 07:26 AM
Surging - as in the football gods didn't apply enough power when the switch was thrown on the electric chair the first time or three so they are tapping it up a little and trying again.

TUSooner
10/28/2010, 07:46 AM
Seething?

Fox needs to buy a few dictionaries for the drudges that write their headlines.

Soonerwake
10/28/2010, 07:57 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I think Texas wins going away.. Just like I think they beat the Pokes there too... :(

They will be up this week. They have heard all week how much they suck, and it will have an effect. :texan:

CrimsonJim
10/28/2010, 08:52 AM
"What is this Fox you speak of?", said the DishNetwork customer. :mad:

SoonerNutt
10/28/2010, 08:53 AM
As much as I hate to say it, I think Texas wins going away.. Just like I think they beat the Pokes there too... :(

They will be up this week. They have heard all week how much they suck, and it will have an effect. :texan:

***** is hard to predict. They lose to UCLA and ISU in Austing, but whip NU in Lincoln. I would bet on them or against them.

At home, they could make light work of Baylor, but who knows with these guys. If they struggle early, look for the crowd to become surly. Home field advantage could be a disadvantage to a certain degree for :texan:

SoonerPr8r
10/28/2010, 08:56 AM
Would it really be an upset?

I know I wouldn't be upset.

KantoSooner
10/28/2010, 09:30 AM
I link the 'surging' characterization with the cholera epidemic in Nigeria and get an apt description.

Texas, a team really flowing at both ends.

OklaPony
10/28/2010, 09:42 AM
I'm hoping for a repeat of 1989.

Sic 'em Bears!

Mississippi Sooner
10/28/2010, 09:52 AM
"What is this Fox you speak of?", said the DishNetwork customer. :mad:

Fox and Dish can both KMWA.

Dan Thompson
10/28/2010, 10:00 AM
When a caller to Mad Money told Cramer he was from Austin, Cramer said something welcoming the Longhorn caller.

The caller said "WE ARE THE SHORTHORNS RIGHT NOW".

85sooners
10/28/2010, 10:29 AM
:texan: :texan: :texan:

TheHumanAlphabet
10/28/2010, 10:30 AM

If Baylor wins, Mack may just blow a gasket and have an aneurysm on the field.

Sooners78
10/28/2010, 10:33 AM
If Baylor wins, Mack may just blow a gasket and have an aneurysm on the field.

He may also blow a johnson rod!

Sooners78
10/28/2010, 10:40 AM
***** is hard to predict. They lose to UCLA and ISU in Austing, but whip NU in Lincoln. I would bet on them or against them.

I wouldn't say they whipped NU. Fuskers win handily if receivers make easy catches. I know, it's part of the game and NU deserved to lose because of those mistakes, but I'm just sayin', don't give ***** too much credit for the win.

***** has a pretty good defense, but GG and the offense blow t@rds. I think RG3 will have some success. He's a stud, and that offense is loaded with great athletes.

Position Limit
10/28/2010, 10:40 AM
fox needs to exit the college football broadcasting complex completely. they are terrible in every aspect of the production.

badger
10/28/2010, 10:49 AM
SicEm, here's some additional motivation for you courtesy of one of your arrogant state rivals on a different message board:

I have a message for our beloved baptists in Waco. I would appreciate it if someone who goes to their site would link up and send them a message for me.

I want to tell them that I admire them. I admire the fact that they are better fans than we are. I admire them because they've been through so much these past years.

Chuck Reedy, Dave Roberts, Kevin Steele and now Guy Morriss.

Why can't we get better coaches here, they ask? Why can't we get better recruits here? We pray, we pay, we cheer, we wear green, we travel back to Waco now and then, we fly our little flags with our little foam fingers. We care. We want to win.

I want them to read this while the lingering defeat still stings in their loins. I have the answer to these questions. You can read my response and then go have a better life with the satisfaction of having this knowledge.

The reason you can't have better coaches and better recruits is simple.

You're Baylor.

You're not the Aggies or the Whorns. You're not even close. You can't even compete with Tard. TCU? Forget it. I know you're all passionate.

But you're Baylor.

I know you think I'm just running smack, but really I'm not.

You're Baylor.

Say it.

I'm Baylor.

I'm Baylor.

You're getting it.

I'm Baylor. I beat A&M one year out of 20+. Not much better against the other Texas schools. I'm not going to get any better. Really. I'm not. I'm Baylor.

I'm that kid that nobody picked to be on their team. But at that Fall Festival that year, I paid my $10 and dunked the captain of the football team in that dunking booth when he laughed at me for throwing like a girl. And it felt good.

I'm Baylor.

I got voted Most Likely to Succeed from the brass section of the band, and I made them proud by being accepted into a school lower ranked than the other Texas schools. But I paid more than the other kids did.

I'm Baylor.

I went to school in the worst city in this great state. They had to put a school here because otherwise, we'd all have to be Temple College fans.

I'm Baylor.

Notice how I didn't mention Koresh or people who died in your city. You shouldn't mention people who died in my bonfire. Ever again. Because these people are our brothers and sisters, and our pain for them is real.

But you won't do that anymore because now you know who you are.

You're not getting any better.

You'll never be worth mentioning on ESPN except when you take your annual asskicking by your fellow Texas schools you piggybacked into this great conference (our most sincere apologies to TCU).

You're Baylor.

And you'll be watching your daddies during the bowl season.

Decorate your trees and trim them with the green and gold. Spend Christmas with nighttime dreams of candy canes, Jolly St. Nick and an upset at Kyle or against Texas next year.

And then wake up. Take a whizz. Comb your hair. Kiss your kids.

And then remember what I told you.

You're Baylor.

Sooners78
10/28/2010, 10:54 AM

LMAO, weird but funny.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/28/2010, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't say they whipped NU. Fuskers win handily if receivers make easy catches. I know, it's part of the game and NU deserved to lose because of those mistakes, but I'm just sayin', don't give ***** too much credit for the win.

***** has a pretty good defense, but GG and the offense blow t@rds. I think RG3 will have some success. He's a stud, and that offense is loaded with great athletes.Dittos. Huskers minus that mystifying performance DROPPING 8 PASSES in the cows game, might be the best team in the Big 12.

yermom
10/28/2010, 01:06 PM
LMAO, weird but funny.

some people should really watch more South Park :D

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s05e01-scott-tenorman-must-die

skip to about the 20:00 mark for the reference... if you don't want to watch the whole thing

stoopified
10/28/2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah, reverse the names and it's almost accurate...True dat

Sooners78
10/28/2010, 03:06 PM
some people should really watch more South Park :D

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s05e01-scott-tenorman-must-die

skip to about the 20:00 mark for the reference... if you don't want to watch the whole thing

I wish I had the last 30 seconds of my life back. I'm just glad I didn't watch the whole 20 minutes!

Bourbon St Sooner
10/28/2010, 04:10 PM
Purging?

What happens to * fans' lunch after watching their offense?

Bourbon St Sooner
10/28/2010, 04:14 PM
SicEm, here's some additional motivation for you courtesy of one of your arrogant state rivals on a different message board:

If you have to trash talk Baylor, that says something about where your program is.

badger
10/28/2010, 04:25 PM
If you have to trash talk Baylor, that says something about where your program is.

Oh yeah - and the sad pathetic part about it is that it was from back when Guy was in charge, not right now. So, while they were still attending bowls under Fran Fran, they wrote that :D

Now, I imagine, it would go something more like this:

I'm Baylor.

I recruit good basketball players that could have attended A&M, so we obviously cheat.

I'm Baylor.

I hired Art Briles and lucked out, because everyone knows that A&M had a bigger hire with a bigger name in Mike Sherman... and Art Briles won't stay in Waco long either, so there!

I'm Baylor.

I don't have crazy fans who yell "uncover" and stand entire games and "hump it" and order everyone around me to do the same, nor pay as much to attend games. Therefore, I must be inferior to A&M because good things cost good money.

I'm Baylor.

And I'm not good enough to be called Texas A&M.

:rcmad:

Football Jim
10/28/2010, 07:05 PM
I wonder how many brain cells are active with the staff of ESPN sometimes. Texas.....Surging????:confused: