PDA

View Full Version : You know what grinds my gears?

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 07:17 PM
When someone (admittedly usually someone who is a homer for one political party) makes a valid point about the shortcomings/bad judgement/illogic of the other party, they are met with the inevitable "Well, your side does it too, and it's worse cause X."

WTF?? Really. Someone just pointed out that the political ideology/party you dry hump is full blown retarded, but it is ok cause their ideology/party is retarded too. You are telling me that doing stupid *** **** is ok, cause someone else does, what in your mind at least, is stupider?

Something about mothers, and yelling, and "if everyone jumped off a bridge would you?"

Seriously, BOTH OF YOUR PARTIES ARE OUT FOR ONE THING! SECURING THEIR POWER, AND PADDING THEIR POCKETS!!

Why, in this modern day, are so many Americans so...dumb? And anyone who says "Well, I vote for the lesser of evils" have you ever thought, why does it have to be this way? Why can't we pick someone who is more interested in US than he is in his check book, his office window's view, and his car? WHY?

You want to know why? Cause Americans are ****ing lazy! We accept that this is the way it is, and that this is the way it has always been..the way it will always be. We all, every single one of us, sit back and think that we are voting for the lesser of evils, when democrats and republican/tea partiers are really just two sides of the same coin. You think the Koch brothers give a **** about the tea party cause? Hell no, but it sure distracts the masses from what they are doing.

**** it, I got King of the Hill to watch on my DVR.

sooner59
10/27/2010, 07:19 PM
Here is a visual aid.

http://madebygeeks.com/blogs/adam/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/picture3-thumb.jpg

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 07:25 PM
Sadly, my own laziness trumps even Peter Griffen's

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 07:26 PM
What's stupidier is doing the same thing every four years and expecting the same results. I don't think Jon Stewart is the savior of our Country but the other night he had multiple sound bites of John McCain saying "The system is broke" starting in 1989 to present.

I don't much like how thinks turned out with our Current Potus but I think we might have dodged a bigger bullet by watching McCain lose.

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 07:27 PM
Dodged one bullet only to step in front of another.

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 07:28 PM
Dodged one bullet only to step in front of another.

yep.

We all are under attack.

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2010, 07:28 PM
When someone (admittedly usually someone who is a homer for one political party) makes a valid point about the shortcomings/bad judgement/illogic of the other party, they are met with the inevitable "Well, your side does it too, and it's worse cause X."

WTF?? Really. Someone just pointed out that the political ideology/party you dry hump is full blown retarded, but it is ok cause their ideology/party is retarded too. You are telling me that doing stupid *** **** is ok, cause someone else does, what in your mind at least, is stupider?

Something about mothers, and yelling, and "if everyone jumped off a bridge would you?"

Seriously, BOTH OF YOUR PARTIES ARE OUT FOR ONE THING! SECURING THEIR POWER, AND PADDING THEIR POCKETS!!

Why, in this modern day, are so many Americans so...dumb? And anyone who says "Well, I vote for the lesser of evils" have you ever thought, why does it have to be this way? Why can't we pick someone who is more interested in US than he is in his check book, his office window's view, and his car? WHY?

You want to know why? Cause Americans are ****ing lazy! We accept that this is the way it is, and that this is the way it has always been..the way it will always be. We all, every single one of us, sit back and think that we are voting for the lesser of evils, when democrats and republican/tea partiers are really just two sides of the same coin. You think the Koch brothers give a **** about the tea party cause? Hell no, but it sure distracts the masses from what they are doing.

**** it, I got King of the Hill to watch on my DVR.

http://www.engageselling.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/bender-applause.jpg

King Crimson
10/28/2010, 06:48 AM
the whole dichotomy of lib/con, GOP/DONK is so ineffectual it makes me laugh/vomit.

i voted early today...don't call me a slacker.

[next post: "you are a slacker"]

if i said the same things in 2003 on this board that "the Tea Party" says now; you get called an anti-american. populist legitimacy only means something when "you agree with it".

sin,

the Tea Party.

liberals are stealing away the government, are they?

maybe once, we ought to think about the similarity of the criticisms of the last two administrations beyond party honking.

look at how the structure is wrong, not choosing sides to play the samo kickball game.

SoonerStormchaser
10/28/2010, 07:44 AM
You are such a slacker KC. Jeez.

Big 8
10/28/2010, 08:36 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how the power/money elite can convince so many of the commoners to support what is best for them (the elite) with a few wedge issues and a little propaganda. Americans, and Oklahomans in particular, are mostly ignorant sheep.

The
10/28/2010, 08:39 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Democracy just doesn't work.

OUinFLA
10/28/2010, 08:57 AM
money = power
power = ability to make more money

kinda like a mobius

Tulsa_Fireman
10/28/2010, 09:02 AM
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Democracy just doesn't work.

Good thing we're not a democracy then, huh?

picasso
10/28/2010, 09:17 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how the power/money elite can convince so many of the commoners to support what is best for them (the elite) with a few wedge issues and a little propaganda. Americans, and Oklahomans in particular, are mostly ignorant sheep.

You mean like the unions and Obama?

I agree completely.

OhU1
10/28/2010, 09:25 AM
Because it's easier to yell "liberal" and not have to think anymore.

Because it's easier to say "Republicans are for the rich" and not have to think anymore.

I've all but tuned out political "discussion" because the participants tend to be emotionally invested in the same way fans root for a football team. Even worse is the fact that many merely parrot and adopt what a TV or radio personality says as a proxy for thinking for themselves and automatically refer to the celebrity to communicate "what they think".

saucysoonergal
10/28/2010, 09:58 AM
Until one party does what is best for the country and not what is best for their supporters, I will say they all are the suck.

Bourbon St Sooner
10/28/2010, 10:09 AM
Well I'm telling you that "reconditioned" motor oil just doesn't work. Spend a few extra bucks on the real stuff and that will stop that gear grinding.

Your welcome.

Big 8
10/28/2010, 10:12 AM
You mean like the unions and Obama?

I agree completely.

Oh, you poor deluded soul.

It's not just Obama and the unions. It's also Bush, Cheney, the Republicans, banks, insurance companies, etc.

Position Limit
10/28/2010, 10:24 AM
politics use to be somewhat tolerable before fox news and and other mass media delivered it to the ignorant masses via sound bites, talking points and low grade graphics. picasso's comment about unions and obama is a perfect example. he's is ignorant of both topics and the only information he holds is a talking point.

PDXsooner
10/28/2010, 11:11 AM
The fall of our empire has begun.

badger
10/28/2010, 11:12 AM
It is essentially the Poke argument - anytime one of their players or coaches does something wrong (let's see, we have Bo Bowling, Victor Johnson, Sean and Eddie Sutton and now, the leading receiver in the nation, Blackmon) they do not take ownership of their player or coach. Instead, they quickly point out any fairweather fan cheatin' gooner fault they can.

Man up, people of the political (and pokeical) world. When your party (or team) effs up, don't take the Adam/Eve blame game approach:

God: Did you eat the fruit I commanded you not to eat?
Adam: The woman gave it to me!
God: Did YOU eat the fruit that I commanded you not to eat?
Eve: The snake tricked me!

It's old... as old as the book of Genesis. Give it up already.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 11:56 AM
Union lobbyist money vs Corporate Lobbyist Money?

Exactly who is ruining the Country?

King Crimson
10/28/2010, 03:17 PM
if weren't for Big Rock Candy Mountain, we'd all be sad.

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 03:38 PM
The fall of our empire has begun.
Oh, bullbutter. :rolleyes: