PDA

View Full Version : A case for international(World) Government

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/27/2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQTOqXC0qYs&feature=player_embedded://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4cbe0065e7de331a1c0st03vuc

yermom
10/27/2010, 04:03 PM
other countries need permission to have opinions?

Scott D
10/27/2010, 04:08 PM
they didn't run their opinions past the golden eib microphone probably.

10/27/2010, 04:44 PM
other countries need permission to have opinions?Are you under the weather?(Shirley, you can do better than that)

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:47 PM
I'll play devils advocate here (I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS AT ALL!) but....paybacks a bitch America

JohnnyMack
10/27/2010, 04:55 PM
Mmmmmm....Megyn Kelly. Want. Sex.

10/27/2010, 04:56 PM
I'll play devils advocate here (I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO DO THIS AT ALL!) but....paybacks a bitch AmericaSo, Americans are entering all those countries illegally, and staying there, and getting govt. freebies? I.Did.Not.Know.That!

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 05:00 PM
So, Americans are entering all those countries illegally, and staying there, and getting govt. freebies? I.Did.Not.Know.That!
No I was aiming at more or less a century of US intervention in Latin American affairs

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 06:17 PM
It's sad that it's come to this but what can you expect from the republican outsourcing of jobs all over the World? Now these Countries think they have a valid interest in keeping their access to the Country.

Obama? I'd say it's his problem but probably more of another backlash from the previous administration.

Ike
10/28/2010, 10:55 AM
The coverage from Fox there is so bad that I really can't tell from them what exactly is going on here.

So I had to dig a little deeper.

The court allowed these countries to submit Amicus Briefs (or Friend-of-the-court) briefs. Which if I understand that correctly, hardly amounts to interference. IF they make a good argument then they make a good argument, and the court should hear it...good ideas or arguments can come from anywhere. And as I understand it, foreign governments routinely submit amicus briefs, even to the supreme court.

Ike
10/28/2010, 10:58 AM
In other words...it's really a non-story

http://volokh.com/2010/10/07/ninth-circuit-lets-foreign-governments-file-amicus-briefs-in-challenge-to-arizonas-immigration-laws/

For instance, SB 1070, whether right or wrong, and federally preempted or unpreempted, does affect the interests not just of Mexicans who are illegally in the U.S. but also Mexicans who are legally in the U.S. (Investigation of suspected illegal aliens will inevitably lead to some burden even on legal aliens, since not every suspected illegal alien will prove to actually be an illegal alien — that doesn’t mean SB 1070 is a bad law, but it does mean that Mexico has an interest in the law even as to its entirely law-abiding citizens, and not just its citizens who are violating U.S. immigration law.) Why shouldn’t Mexico advocate on its citizens’ behalf? And why shouldn’t our institutions listen politely to such advocacy?

10/28/2010, 01:18 PM
No I was aiming at more or less a century of US intervention in Latin American affairsPrayers for you and your ilk.