PDA

View Full Version : The Tea Party is actually getting scary

Pages : [1] 2

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 12:51 PM
First, we have Gingrich in June saying that the Tea Party will become the militant arm of the GOP

Next, we have Sharron Angle saying that she thinks that if "the people are so unsatisfied by the tyranny of the current party, that our 2nd amendment rights are not out of the question"

Now, even MORE straightfoward Tea Party congressional candidate Stephen Broden was asked if violence would be an option in 2010 if the composition of the government remained unchanged by the elections. “The option is on the table,” Broden said. “I don’t think that we should remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms."

Seriously, this is going too far. Vote the man out in 2012 like civilized democratic human beings. This is America, not Bolivia.

soonerscuba
10/27/2010, 12:56 PM
First, we have Gingrich in June saying that the Tea Party will become the militant arm of the GOP

Next, we have Sharron Angle saying that she thinks that if "the people are so unsatisfied by the tyranny of the current party, that our 2nd amendment rights are not out of the question"

Now, even MORE straightfoward Tea Party congressional candidate Stephen Broden was asked if violence would be an option in 2010 if the composition of the government remained unchanged by the elections. “The option is on the table,” Broden said. “I don’t think that we should remove anything from the table as it relates to our liberties and our freedoms."

Seriously, this is going too far. Vote the man out in 2012 like civilized democratic human beings. This is America, not Bolivia.I see no reason why they won't be co-opted and tamped by the establishment like every other movement of their kind has in this country.

sooner n houston
10/27/2010, 12:57 PM
No it is not far enough!

Serge Ibaka
10/27/2010, 01:09 PM
Yeah, democracy really sucks when it doesn't work in your favor, amirite?

I can't understand the rhetoric. Racism is the only explanation. Where was all of this "taking America back!" crap when Clinton was in office?

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 01:12 PM
I once was at a party when Missouri Senator Dick Gephardt walked in. It's funny how folks change when a guy like that that you completely disagree with is right in front of your face. I saw folks who had spewed stuff about how they hated him and why, stand there and shake the guys hand and wish him well.

These TeaPot rallys really remind me of that night sometimes. They all show up and are angry and ready for someone to lead them and what they believe in and when asked why they like a certain candidate...lots of them say stuff like because he'll put an end to this current administration! Watching folks get all star struck is amazing. These folks that are running that think they can fix our Country don't seem to have a clue...they are just taken aback by the number of people who show them interest.

You have to think that if the TeaPots don't join with the Pubs it will continue to make a mess out of things. I have said this more than once...this all reminds me of when Perot ran for office. After that Ralph Nader tried to put together a third party and found out how powerful the Dems and the Pubs were and was unable to get himself on the ballot in every state. People really need to ask some of these folks how the heck they are going to either take over the Republican Party and nominate their Candidate. If they don't and try to go it alone...I'm uncertain how things will turn out. Should TeaPots oust Dems in the next election will the Republican party absorb these folks? Do these folks want to be absorbed or do they want Power of the Republican Party? I guess we'll see soon.

Veritas
10/27/2010, 01:30 PM

I can't understand the rhetoric. Racism is the only explanation. Where was all of this "taking America back!" crap when Clinton was in office?
Well, let's see, there was right-wing smear campaigns like "The Clinton Chronicles." There were the impeachment proceedings based on a beej.

You're right, *you* can't understand the rhetoric. But just because you don't get it doesn't mean that it must be racially motivated.

Okla-homey
10/27/2010, 01:37 PM

Newt is a historian, thus he should know better. The Tea Party is nothing like the Waffen SS. The Waffen SS had sharper outfits, panzers and great marching bands.;)

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 01:38 PM
Newt missed his calling?

mgsooner
10/27/2010, 01:45 PM
What the Broden dude said is borderline illegal.

Serge Ibaka
10/27/2010, 01:56 PM
Well, let's see, there was right-wing smear campaigns like "The Clinton Chronicles." There were the impeachment proceedings based on a beej.

Good point. Fine, they aren't racist; they're just crazy.

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 03:15 PM

I can't understand the rhetoric. Racism is the only explanation.

Oh, of course!

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 03:17 PM

Seriously, this is going too far. Vote the man out in 2012 like civilized democratic human beings. This is America, not Bolivia.

Let me get this straight. An Appeals court in the United States more or less is allowing non citizens to vote and you are more concerned with the tea partiers?

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 03:19 PM
I attended a banquet where the Left gave this dude a standing ovation.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n233/glasscottage/Politics/WmAyers.jpg

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 03:36 PM
Eh, I am to the point right now where I don't think an armed insurrection would be that bad. What is it going to cost us? Our high standing in the international community? Our perch as the world's "sole" superpower? Those things have been gone for a while. Let the idiots have an armed uprising. Let them kill a few (million) folks.

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 03:38 PM
Eh, I am to the point right now where I don't think an armed insurrection would be that bad. What is it going to cost us? Our high standing in the international community? Our perch as the world's "sole" superpower? Those things have been gone for a while. Let the idiots have an armed uprising. Let them kill a few (million) folks.

I am all for the argument that if you don't like the government, vote 'em out. But that argument disappears once the government starts allowing non-citizens the ability to vote.

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 03:40 PM
I am all for the argument that if you don't like the government, vote 'em out. But that argument disappears once the government starts allowing non-citizens the ability to vote.

It hasn't

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2010, 03:42 PM
It hasn't

Words don't mean anything anymore, man. Just make **** up and keep repeating it.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 03:50 PM
Frozen, are you ready for next Tuesday?

Frozen Sooner
10/27/2010, 03:53 PM
Sure I am. Should Republicans win back control of the House (which they probably will) or Senate (less likely) then hey--the political process generally works and if people believe Republicans will do a better job, then give them the opportunity. I don't believe that, but in general I'm not going to pout and make up lies in order to convince myself that my side didn't really lose.

The point is to move the country forward. If Republicans can do it, good on 'em.

JohnnyMack
10/27/2010, 03:54 PM
Our oligarchy really enjoys all the time wasted on **** like this that simply doesn't matter. Keep up the good work boys!

dwarthog
10/27/2010, 03:58 PM

As opposed to those nice young Dems that showed up at the RNC in St. Paul?

Or in Denver at the DNC?

Or pick your G8 conference...

The Remnant
10/27/2010, 04:03 PM
proud tea party member and loving it

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:07 PM
Let me get this straight. An Appeals court in the United States more or less is allowing non citizens to vote and you are more concerned with the tea partiers?
If you are a non citizen who tries to vote, you will be deported. And yes, I'm less concerned about one little state than I am a nationwide movement.

Scott D
10/27/2010, 04:07 PM
But there isn't any official Tea Party, it's just a repackaged Republican party filling people who consider themselves Tea Partiers with more of what they want to hear in order to secure their votes.

our fail democracy works.

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 04:08 PM
Just had a friend text me this with a link to the Tea Party Armed insurrection links. I must admit, I lol'd

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. 6This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:08 PM
If you are a non citizen who tries to vote, you will be deported. And yes, I'm less concerned about one little state than I am a nationwide movement.

Are you telling me that corruption doesn't happen? Let me pull your head out of the sand.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:10 PM
Are you telling me that corruption doesn't happen? Let me pull your head out of the sand.
Sorry, please take your has-nothing-to-do-with-what-I-just-said goggles off and read my post again.

Scott D
10/27/2010, 04:11 PM
forget about it SCS, he's on a roll....

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:14 PM
I love arguing with libs

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:16 PM
I love arguing with libs
You aren't doing much arguing. And I'm more classic liberal than "modern" liberal anyways.

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 04:16 PM
me too, much more intelligent discussions:D

I am kidding. Maybe.

I am.

Maybe

Yeah, kidding

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:18 PM
So basically SC your argument is that you are becoming afraid of the tea party movement, yes?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:21 PM
So basically SC your argument is that you are becoming afraid of the tea party movement, yes?
I'm saying its gone from a grassroots movement with some promise to a possibly militant bunch of paranoid wackjobs that is a bigger threat to my personal wellbeing and liberty than Obama could ever be.

Scott D
10/27/2010, 04:22 PM
it's ok SCS, it'll be neutered by the other rats aboard the GOP ship as she sails along in the night.

Serge Ibaka
10/27/2010, 04:23 PM
it's ok SCS, it'll be neutered by the other rats aboard the GOP ship as she sails along in the night.

And not a moment too soon.

Scott D
10/27/2010, 04:24 PM
****, I'm positive the Democratic party was neutered by the rats that left the Green Party.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:24 PM
Well, nothing personal but I think not only my well being but the well being of future generations are in financial jeopardy much more so because of this administration's fiscal policies than what a few loons might say while out of power.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:27 PM
Well, nothing personal but I think not only my well being but the well being of future generations are in financial jeopardy much more so because of this administration's fiscal policies than what a few loons might say while out of power.
The well being of future generations is primarily in jeopardy because of selfish individuals, not the government. Mismanagement by PRIVATE corporations, attempts by millions of "average" Americans to live beyond their means, now finally government spending to try to "fix" all of that.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:28 PM
The well being of future generations is primarily in jeopardy because of selfish individuals, not the government. Mismanagement by PRIVATE corporations, attempts by millions of "average" Americans to live beyond their means, now finally government spending to try to "fix" all of that.

The latter is the largest problem.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:30 PM
The latter is the largest problem.
I agree, but it never would have happened if the first two had never occurred.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:37 PM
W warned that Freddy and Fannie should have been regulated as early as 2003 but the left argued otherwise in an attempt to give home ownership to first time buyers that could not afford it. The public sector got in the way of private supply and demand. The banks were forced to take on absurd credit risks and POP!

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:38 PM
Tea Party "platform"...thank god theres no armed revolution here

Identify constitutionality of every new law: Require each bill to identify the specific provision of the U.S. Constitution that gives Congress the power to do what the bill does.
Looks like a good idea on paper...not sure how effective it would be due to the Elastic Clause.

Reject emissions trading: Stop the "cap and trade" administrative approach used to control carbon dioxide emissions by providing economic incentives for achieving reductions in the emissions of carbon dioxide.
A

Demand a balanced federal budget: Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require a balanced budget with a two-thirds majority needed for any tax modification.
They'd better demand an end to Iraq and Afghanistan then.

Simplify the tax system: Adopt a simple and fair single-rate tax system by scrapping the Internal Revenue Code and replacing it with one that is no longer than 4,543 words – the length of the original Constitution.
Not a bad idea again, not sure why they care if its 4543 words long, as long as the code is simplified.

Audit federal government agencies for constitutionality: Create a Blue Ribbon taskforce that engages in an audit of federal agencies and programs, assessing their Constitutionality, and identifying duplication, waste, ineffectiveness, and agencies and programs better left for the states or local authorities.
"Create an agency to investigate other agencies" is what I'm reading here

Limit annual growth in federal spending: Impose a statutory cap limiting the annual growth in total federal spending to the sum of the inflation rate plus the percentage of population growth.
Sure

Repeal the healthcare legislation passed on March 23, 2010: Defund, repeal and replace the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Replace with _______ ?

Pass an 'All-of-the-Above' Energy Policy: Authorize the exploration of additional energy reserves to reduce American dependence on foreign energy sources and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation.
Sure

Reduce Earmarks: Place a moratorium on all earmarks until the budget is balanced, and then require a 2/3 majority to pass any earmark.
Sure

Reduce Taxes: Permanently repeal all recent tax increases, and extend current temporary reductions in income tax, capital gains tax and estate taxes, currently scheduled to end in 2011.
Not sure how they plan on balancing the budget while slashing taxes without cutting some seeeeeerious spending not mentioned in the platform.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:45 PM
I think they (when referring to balancing the budget) are referring to non defense discretionary spending. I am well in favor of a balanced budget amendment. Our grandchildren would thank us all.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 04:47 PM
I think they (when referring to balancing the budget) are referring to non defense discretionary spending. I am well in favor of a balanced budget amendment. Our grandchildren would thank us all.
What do you think should be slashed? Military, all entitlements, education:confused:

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:50 PM
What do you think should be slashed? Military, all entitlements, education:confused:

Take a pen to line items throughout the budget and cut pork first. Then cut out the waste in the defense contracts, Medicare, and yes education.

ddub0224
10/27/2010, 04:52 PM

How about the ever growing government beaurocracies & agencies, GSEs, war chests, congressional staffs, lifetime benefits, etc, etc, etc

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 04:55 PM
How about the ever growing government beaurocracies & agencies, GSEs, war chests, congressional staffs, lifetime benefits, etc, etc, etc

This is a big one. You serve 5 years and you're guaranteed like 75% of your salary for the rest of your life. It's absurd.

SO MUCH WASTE

Scott D
10/27/2010, 04:57 PM
95% of governmental waste is on Capitol Hill, and won't go anywhere no matter what the letter behind the name is be it D, R, G, I, or this invisible T.

ddub0224
10/27/2010, 05:00 PM
I'm saying its gone from a grassroots movement with some promise to a possibly militant bunch of paranoid wackjobs that is a bigger threat to my personal wellbeing and liberty than Obama could ever be.

I'm glad there is none of that on the other side, especially showing up at voting stations.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8321/blackpanthers.jpg

ddub0224
10/27/2010, 05:01 PM
95% of governmental waste is on Capitol Hill, and won't go anywhere no matter what the letter behind the name is be it D, R, G, I, or this invisible T.

AMEN to that.

Scott D
10/27/2010, 05:01 PM
Voter intimidation? I'm shocked....I mean nobody would ever do that at any time in this country......

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:02 PM
Would you continue giving money to a child that continued to waste it? And yet the Democrats want to raise taxes. I say no more until you can straighten your books out from the waste. If you need money bad enough in DC you can find a way to cut the waste. Quit asking the taxpayers for more though while spending trillions.

SouthCarolinaSooner
Voter intimidation? I'm shocked....I mean nobody would ever do that at any time in this country......
Except the Panthers...and honest Abe ;)

soonerscuba
Take a pen to line items throughout the budget and cut pork first. Then cut out the waste in the defense contracts, Medicare, and yes education.

How about the ever growing government beaurocracies & agencies, GSEs, war chests, congressional staffs, lifetime benefits, etc, etc, etcThen we'll sprinkle magical fairy dust on bills that makes them immune to judicial review. After using the Elixer of Revenue from Tax Cuts, we'll cure all the children and bankroll the boomers entitled healthcare. Finally, using the Blessed Ancient Staff of Political Expediency we will have our elected officials go back to their districts and tell them the fantastical tale of how defunding the NEA saved America! Hail! Hail! Hail!

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:04 PM
Then we'll sprinkle magical fairy dust on bills that makes them immune to judicial review. After using the Elixer of Revenue from Tax Cuts, we'll cure all the children and bankroll the boomers entitled healthcare. Finally, using the Blessed Ancient Staff of Political Expediency we will have our elected officials go back to their districts and tell them the fantastical tale of how defunding the NEA saved America! Hail! Hail! Hail!

Scuba thinks the government needs more of our $.

ddub0224
10/27/2010, 05:04 PM
Then we'll sprinkle magical fairy dust on bills that makes them immune to judicial review. After using the Elixer of Revenue from Tax Cuts, we'll cure all the children and bankroll the boomers entitled healthcare. Finally, using the Blessed Ancient Staff of Political Expediency we will have our elected officials go back to their districts and tell them the fantastical tale of how defunding the NEA saved America! Hail! Hail! Hail!

That sounds racist to me.....that is the correct response, right?

soonerscuba
10/27/2010, 05:11 PM
Scuba thinks the government needs more of our $.I would think a simple look at the deficit would overwhelmingly confirm that point. What, should we pretend like our obligations simply don't exist? At some point austerity must sit in, and people will have to realize that the days of kicking the empire can down the road are over.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:11 PM
I'm glad there is none of that on the other side, especially showing up at voting stations.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8321/blackpanthers.jpg

Hope and Change

ddub0224
10/27/2010, 05:15 PM
I would think a simple look at the deficit would overwhelmingly confirm that point. What, should we pretend like our obligations simply don't exist? At some point austerity must sit in, and people will have to realize that the days of kicking the empire can down the road are over.

"Obligations" are not rights to be mandated by the government. We as humans are obligated to take care of one another...obligated by humane compassion...not mandated by the government.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:15 PM
Well, perhaps we should have thought of how we were going to pay for this healthcare b.s., bailouts, etc... prior to paying them. Obama takes out trillions in iOUs and then comes to us asking to pay for them?

Can't pay for it, repeal it then.

The audacity of a fool in the white house.

soonerscuba
10/27/2010, 05:17 PM
Well, perhaps we should have thought of how we were going to pay for this healthcare b.s., bailouts, etc... prior to paying them. Obama takes out trillions in iOUs and then comes to us asking to pay for them? The audacity of a fool.Medicare Part D, Iraq, Afghanistan. It was a bipartisan effort.

Wait, I mean "IT WAS ALL THEIR FAULT!!!!!!"

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:18 PM
Medicare Part D, Iraq, Afghanistan. It was a bipartisan effort.

Wait, I mean "IT WAS ALL THEIR FAULT!!!!!!"

So let's spend a trillion more! :(

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 05:21 PM
So let's spend a trillion more! :(
How eager are you to be out of Afghanistan?

Okla-homey
10/27/2010, 05:27 PM
The point is to move the country forward. If Republicans can do it, good on 'em.

Therein lies the nubbin of the dispute. We do not want to "move the country forward." We want to restore the country to Reagan Era glory.:D

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:32 PM
Their idea of "moving forward" is less freedoms and personal liberties. Tell us what we can eat, what we can drive, what words are acceptable...

No thanks.

My Opinion Matters
10/27/2010, 05:33 PM
Therein lies the nubbin of the dispute. We do not want to "move the country forward." We want to restore the country to Reagan Era glory.:D

In other words, you want to create another credit bubble that will burst 25 years from now.

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 05:33 PM
Sure is a lot of dick in this thread.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:34 PM
I'd take the 80's over this depression any day.

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 05:42 PM
I'd take the 80's over this depression any day.
Living in the past doesn't work. Have you ever tried to recreate a vacation you took that you had a memorable time? It's usually different and afterwards, for me, I found that if I'd taken a a vacation to a new destination I would then have new memories rather than a not as great memory of a past memory. That's what your trying to do and it's just because you are scared of the future. At least that's the way it appears to me when folks say that stuff about the 80's. If you are headed back to the 80's then you are gonna have to give up your flat screens, smart phones and laptops. What fun would that be. I'll take...let's see what around the corner for $2000 Alex.

Friscokid
10/27/2010, 05:52 PM

I am glad you weren't around in the 1770's....

My Opinion Matters
10/27/2010, 05:53 PM
Sure is a lot of dick in this thread.

Thanks for noticing. I'm all-natural, btw.

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 05:54 PM
I'm unhappy with the tyranny of every President since JFK...I don't remember the ones before that.

Friscokid
10/27/2010, 05:56 PM
Good point. Fine, they aren't racist; they're just crazy.

And the current guys aren't??? or are they just plain stupid????

Friscokid
10/27/2010, 06:03 PM
W warned that Freddy and Fannie should have been regulated as early as 2003 but the left argued otherwise in an attempt to give home ownership to first time buyers that could not afford it. The public sector got in the way of private supply and demand. The banks were forced to take on absurd credit risks and POP!

Just ask Barney Frank!!!!!

Friscokid
10/27/2010, 06:05 PM

What do the feds do for education that the states don't do?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 06:15 PM
I am glad you weren't around in the 1770's....
Bull****. Don't compare your cause to the original patriots because you are none of the sort. Its convenient than republicans always invoke "the founding fathers" while completely ignoring half of what they said. I love my country and if she were in need of an insurrection to correct herself, I'd be all in for it.

Serge Ibaka
10/27/2010, 06:20 PM
"Obligations" are not rights to be mandated by the government. We as humans are obligated to take care of one another...obligated by humane compassion...not mandated by the government.

We are the government. It is our compassion.

Democracy, man.

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 07:30 PM
We are the government.

And therein lies the problem.

AlbqSooner
10/27/2010, 07:58 PM
Newt is a historian, thus he should know better. The Tea Party is nothing like the Waffen SS. The Waffen SS had sharper outfits, panzers and great marching bands.;)

Although my sarcasm meter is working, I am a bit surprised by this response from you Homey.

Webster's definition:

2: aggressively active (as in a cause) : combative <militant conservationists> <a militant attitude>

This hardly equates to violent resistance.

picasso
10/27/2010, 08:02 PM
Their idea of "moving forward" is less freedoms and personal liberties. Tell us what we can eat, what we can drive, what words are acceptable...

No thanks.

You do realize you lose personal freedoms when things are nationalized right? Like the health care system and um stuff?

Cornfed
10/27/2010, 08:19 PM
If my checkbook looked like the US budget vs deficit I would be in jail.

OUthunder
10/27/2010, 08:23 PM

No thanks.

Don't forget that they want to control your thermostat and aide in the influx of illegal aliens into our country. All hail the Progressive Demorats.

soonerscuba
10/27/2010, 08:29 PM
Don't forget we also want to kill your Grandma.

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2010, 09:05 PM
Why is this argument so much crap about "the other side did it too" and "I don't like what the other side is doing/stands for" instead of "my side would do/not do that" and "I like what my side is doing/stands for"?

Cornfed
10/27/2010, 09:21 PM
Why is this argument so much crap about "the other side did it too" and "I don't like what the other side is doing/stands for" instead of "my side would do/not do that" and "I like what my side is doing/stands for"?

It's called resposnibility and nobody wants it.

Sooner5030
10/28/2010, 12:45 AM
the Rs and Ds have made us into Foodstampistan or the Banana Republic. Not sure how some new parties could screw it up any worse. Of course you have the lib line of defense that everything new has a hidden racists agenda. Nice.

The Rs spent too much money from 00-06. The Ds have spent even more since then. Every other claim/statement is a partison POS.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 12:45 PM
We are the government. It is our compassion.

Democracy, man.

That doesn't even come close to making sense. Democracy has nothing to do with a government mandating how we have to live our lives. Democracy is about having personal freedoms, liberties, and rights. Democracy is about letting the people's voices be heard. The government is an extension of the people, not the people are an extension of the government.

The funny thing is, is that this is exactly what the Dems were screaming about several years ago....that GB was an out of control tyrant that did whatever he wanted and spent more than he should. But, now that BO has jumped in the drivers seat and slammed on the accelerator down the exact same path, it's suddenly alright.

And the same holds true for the Reps but in reverse now. Those who never said anything about GW should be careful how they criticise BO. My point is that Obama can blame Bush, who can blame Clinton, who can blame Reagon, who can blame Carter. The whole mess has been decades in the making.

Scott D
10/28/2010, 12:47 PM
I think the blame goes back to John Quincy Adams.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 12:48 PM

Excellent point. And the answer to that question is: because their would be no conversation. We need to vote them ALL out.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 12:51 PM
I think the blame goes back to John Quincy Adams.

Hmmm, I think you might be onto something.

SoonerNate
10/28/2010, 12:54 PM
I would suggest that if anyone want to be in the "in crowd" you consider joining our tea party. It's gonna be a party next Tuesday and all the haters will be left standing in the dark.

Scott D
10/28/2010, 12:56 PM
will you be serving scones or crumpets?

soonerscuba
10/28/2010, 12:58 PM
will you be serving scones or crumpets?Crumpets with little Hitler mustaches drawn on them.

SoonerNate
10/28/2010, 12:59 PM
Scott D, the system is broken. A large new blood of normal folks are headed to Washington. The powers that be continue to make fun of them but they are scared to death.

Mr Smith returns to Washington this Tuesday!

And LOL @ so many of you threatened by CHANGE.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 01:01 PM
A large new blood of normal folks are headed to Washington.

It's not the 1st time this has happened...and I'm going to reserve judgment for now on exactly how normal they all are. I've never stomped a Woman in the head before.

Scott D
10/28/2010, 01:03 PM
Nate, if new blood means people like Christine O'Donnell who needs a padded cell, or grossly misinformed people like Sharron Angle who go silent when called out about their gross inaccuracy that was intentionally done specifically to hit certain emotional nerves, then I weep for the future.

saucysoonergal
10/28/2010, 01:03 PM
Abby somebody.

SoonerNate
10/28/2010, 01:05 PM
Nate, if new blood means people like Christine O'Donnell who needs a padded cell, or grossly misinformed people like Sharron Angle who go silent when called out about their gross inaccuracy that was intentionally done specifically to hit certain emotional nerves, then I weep for the future.

Don't let a couple bad apples spoil the bunch. Don't worry O'Donnell is losing badly and Angle winning shows you all you need to know about Reid (A man that party elected LEADER!!!) LOL

Scott D
10/28/2010, 01:05 PM
The fact that she won her primary showed me all I needed to know.

OklahomaTuba
10/28/2010, 01:08 PM
I've never stomped a Woman in the head before.That was a woman??

It's hard to tell the difference with libz these days. ;)

OklahomaTuba
10/28/2010, 01:09 PM
The fact that she won her primary showed me all I needed to know.You didn't happen to notice who won the Democratic Senate primary here in Oklahoma, did you??

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 01:13 PM
Tuba....you have to know that as much as I understand you and even guys like Nate...

I have lost faith in every damn politician in this Country and folks who defend so many of these idiots look like bat-**** crazy people to many of us. I know you're a nice guy but we're not gonna agree on things as long as you continue to defend one side and act like like they have answers. Not many of us over 40 believe they do whether they are Dem, Teapot or Pub...

But...I think you know my stance. Maybe Nate doesn't...I guess you have a new one to mentor....lol

Leroy Lizard
10/28/2010, 01:20 PM
I have lost faith in every damn politician in this Country and folks who defend so many of these idiots look like bat-**** crazy people to many of us. I know you're a nice guy but we're not gonna agree on things as long as you continue to defend one side and act like like they have answers. Not many of us over 40 believe they do whether they are Dem, Teapot or Pub...

I read the signs you place out in front of your home when traveling through the Mojave Desert. :D

OklahomaTuba
10/28/2010, 01:21 PM
I know you're a nice guy but we're not gonna agree on things as long as you continue to defend one side and act like like they have answers.I think this is the difference. You expect one side to do something and have an answer. I don't want them to have an answer, any of them, I want them to get outta my ****ing way.

Scott D
10/28/2010, 01:23 PM
You didn't happen to notice who won the Democratic Senate primary here in Oklahoma, did you??

I've heard the concerns. Seems to me that politics generally tend to bring out the moonbats for all parties.

JohnnyMack
10/28/2010, 01:24 PM
I had a one night stand with Christine O'Donnell (http://gawker.com/5674353/i-had-a-one+night-stand-with-christine-odonnell?skyline=true&s=i)

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 01:24 PM
I think this is the difference. You expect one side to do something and have an answer. I don't want them to have an answer, any of them, I want them to get outta the ****ing way.

That's been done though.

I really feel frustrated too as from the time Nixon was President until GHB had us "Read his Lips under the glow of a 1000 points of light...I voted for every Republican that could tie his tie correctly.

I grew out of it...

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/28/2010, 01:28 PM
And LOL @ so many of you threatened by CHANGE. The Rev. Franklin Graham will be running the country, and we will have to tithe an extra 20% to the Federal Govt.'s church of choice, which will be CHURCH of CHRIST, of course. In the new theocracy, you will have to thank God, for all your blessings, and Lent will be observed by all...

NO WONDER THEY ARE ASKEERED!

OklahomaTuba
10/28/2010, 01:29 PM
That's been done though.Not recently.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 01:31 PM
Not recently.

True...I'm just pig-headed and should learn to trust again....lol

Sooner5030
10/28/2010, 01:37 PM
$1.6 and $1.3 trillion deficits are scary.

The OP needs to adjust his perspective-o-meter.

Welcome to Foodstampistan.......brought to you by libruls fighting poverty.

My Opinion Matters
10/28/2010, 02:08 PM
I would suggest that if anyone want to be in the "in crowd" you consider joining our tea party. It's gonna be a party next Tuesday and all the haters will be left standing in the dark.

The "in crowd"? I didn't realize we were electing 8th grade student council president.

On second thought, that's exactly what we're doing. I'll shut up and take Howzit's Cosmo Quiz now.

sooneron
10/28/2010, 02:13 PM

In crowd? I've seen the video and pictures. None of those people have EVER been the "in crowd".

KC//CRIMSON
10/28/2010, 02:57 PM
In crowd? I've seen the video and pictures. None of those people have EVER been the "in crowd".

Most of them can't even string along three complete sentences let alone be in the "in crowd."

If the Tea Party wins, America "even Nate" loses.

8xXObxxvYXE

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 03:20 PM
Most of them can't even string along three complete sentences let alone be in the "in crowd."

8xXObxxvYXE

Ah, Keith Overthetop with MSNBC. Now there's real entertainment. I almost watched it but I didn't want to double his ratings.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 03:25 PM

8xXObxxvYXE

Pretty sickening to listen to his views on all those "Normal People" huh?

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 03:28 PM
Ah, Keith Overthetop with MSNBC. Now there's real entertainment. I almost watched it but I didn't want to double his ratings.

There you go...go blindly into the night...that's much better.

I've heard so many folks bash the voters who went to the poles for Obama because they were blind uninformed people who were just trying to elect a Black Man as President and you are going to dismiss a guy who is on MSNBC's opinion that might just inspire those same senseless people to vote again in this election. I'd think you'd be more pro-active in calling him on those folks platforms.

Oberman isn't my favorite On Air personality and neither is Glenn Beck but folks listen to him nearly as much as Glenn.

Scott D
10/28/2010, 03:32 PM
won't a bunch of people lose Fox News in a few days anyway?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/28/2010, 03:39 PM
$1.6 and $1.3 trillion deficits are scary.

The OP needs to adjust his perspective-o-meter.

Welcome to Foodstampistan.......brought to you by libruls fighting poverty.
I agree, so are talks of armed revolution by leaders of a large movement in a democratic nation.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 03:44 PM
There you go...go blindly into the night...that's much better.

I've heard so many folks bash the voters who went to the poles for Obama because they were blind uninformed people who were just trying to elect a Black Man as President and you are going to dismiss a guy who is on MSNBC's opinion that might just inspire those same senseless people to vote again in this election. I'd think you'd be more pro-active in calling him on those folks platforms.

Oberman isn't my favorite On Air personality and neither is Glenn Beck but folks listen to him nearly as much as Glenn.

People can listen to whoever they want...and they will. My point is relative to all the Beck bashing that goes on. No I am not defending Beck, and in fact I avoid the exrtemes on both sides. What bothers me is that the left thinks Beck is crazy, but someone like Oberman is a journlist. They are both entertainers! They are driven by ratings and cater to their target audiences. Oberman to the right is a nutjob. People don't understand this. Same goes for Obama. Palin to the left is Obama to the right.

Scott D
10/28/2010, 03:48 PM
If you people will excuse me, it's almost sundown. I need to go to Dearborn to savagely beat any Arab women that may be outside of their homes. At least that's what I need to go do according to Sharron Angle.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/28/2010, 03:48 PM
People can listen to whoever they want...and they will. My point is relative to all the Beck bashing that goes on. No I am not defending Beck, and in fact I avoid the exrtemes on both sides. What bothers me is that the left thinks Beck is crazy, but someone like Oberman is a journlist. They are both entertainers! They are driven by ratings and cater to their target audiences. Oberman to the right is a nutjob. People don't understand this. Same goes for Obama. Palin to the left is Obama to the right.
Beck and Oberman are opposite sides of the same coin. Obama, unlike Palin, is articulate and although misguided, knows what he is saying to some extent.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 03:50 PM
I agree, so are talks of armed revolution by leaders of a large movement in a democratic nation.

Those are not the leaders of a large movement. Those are leaders of a small faction moving in conjunction with the large movement. But yes talk like that has nothing postive to add.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 03:54 PM
Beck and Oberman are opposite sides of the same coin. Obama, unlike Palin, is articulate and although misguided, knows what he is saying to some extent.

Being articulate (especially from a teleprompter) should not be misconstrued as intelligent. As you say, just because you sound like you know what you are talking about doesn't mean you do. He could give a moving speach to a huge crowd and say that 2+2=5 but that doesn't mean he knows math. Unfortunately public opinion is based on the surface most of the time rather researching for themselves.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/28/2010, 03:57 PM
Unfortunately public opinion is based on the surface most of the time rather researching for themselves.
Like....Obama=marxist

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 04:00 PM

That's a good way to feel about it. Not much different than me.

I don't think there is enough guys calling some of those folks on their bat-**** crazy platforms though. I tell ya....I feel for the folks who were staunch Republicans right now because a good number of them I know are speechless when they see some of these folks talk about what they are going to do once in office. Tough spot to be in when you have to stow stuff like that in order to neuter a sitting President.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 04:14 PM
If you people will excuse me, it's almost sundown. I need to go to Dearborn to savagely beat any Arab women that may be outside of their homes. At least that's what I need to go do according to Sharron Angle.

Missed that one. Please enlighten.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 04:17 PM

I wouldn't worry about Angle. According to Reid, he personally saved this country from the brink of disaster so there is no way anyone would vote against him.

Frozen Sooner
10/28/2010, 04:18 PM
Being articulate (especially from a teleprompter) should not be misconstrued as intelligent.

Graduating from Harvard Law School as president of the Law Review is a pretty good indicator someone is intelligent.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedailymirror/2008/09/barack-obama-ha.html

Damn, the LA Times was part of the conspiracy to cover up Barack Obama's Kenyan birth way back in 1990!

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 04:27 PM
Graduating from Harvard Law School as president of the Law Review is a pretty good indicator someone is intelligent.

Damn, the LA Times was part of the conspiracy to cover up Barack Obama's Kenyan birth way back in 1990!

Good point. Lawyers do make the best politicians. He is very intelligent at what he does as a politician. Unfortunatalely law school does not teach economics. Nor does it teach you how to effectively manage. (I know you were going to say that is why he has advisors). Hard to know how to run a country with a couple years in the Senate and really nice framed diploma.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 04:36 PM
Hard to know how to run a country with a couple years in the Senate and really nice framed diploma.

If you had folks that put the Country first instead of the Special Interests they owe...things might be a bit different on a President. One guy arguing with the House and Senate the 1st two years of his Presidency hasn't been good for our Country either. It looks like we're up for 2 more years Minimum and then the job is up for grabs or so it would seem.

All of this is keeping a recovery at bay IMO.

After 1970 our Country changed and "TRUST" in politicians wasn't anything most folks felt comfortable with. Nixon's Administration and Technology have really changed things and more people are voicing opinions now than ever before.

Rodney King's drug induced plea of "Can't we just get along!" has long since been answered with a resounding..."Maybe if it doesn't cost me anything and you'll do all the work".

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 04:38 PM
Has this been posted in this thread yet?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/28/rise-far-right-violence-elections_n_775326.html

WASHINGTON -- This election season, a man was arrested for hitting a protester (http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2010/10/19/1221438/man-72-accused-of-assaulting-walla.html) at a rally for Washington GOP Senate candidate Dino Rossi, a man stomped on the head of a woman (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/25/rand-paul-supporter-stomps-head_n_773857.html) at a campaign event for Kentucky GOP Senate candidate Rand Paul, local police wrestled to the ground (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/27/democrat-arrested-eric-cantor_n_774811.html) a Democratic man at an event for Rep. Eric Cantor (R), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-Ariz.) received suspicious powder (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/22/AR2010102204097.html) to his office, biker supporters of Florida GOP congressional candidate Allen West harassed a Democratic tracker (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/10/goper-allen-west-has-leather-clad-security-eject-dem-tracker-video.php) and Alaska GOP Senate candidate Joe Miller's private security force handcuffed and detained a reporter (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/18/joe-miller-security-guard_n_766010.html).

And all that was in just the past two weeks.

"It's been quite amazing over the last couple months, but really over the last two years," said Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center, which monitors hate groups and extremism. "I'd date this, in many ways, to the rise to power of Obama. Many people we saw coming with AR-15s to town halls and so on, and all of that. But I do think that it's gotten even hotter out there. I think the reaction to the stomping of that woman's head has been quite amazing. The idea that the guy could say that he needed an apology and that he's not being condemned by the political class from sea to shining sea is astounding."

While there has been an increased number of highly publicized incidents in recent weeks, there was also a spike in violence or threatened violence (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/03/23/slaughter-threats/) during the health care debate toward lawmakers who supported the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. People vandalized congressional offices and threatened to assassinate officials and their families. Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.) had a picture of a noose faxed to his office (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/03/clyburn-says-photo-of-noose-faxed-to-his-office-after-hcr-vote-video.php) after he voted for health care reform. A former militia member named Mike Vanderboegh even proudly took credit for encouraging people around the country to break the windows of lawmakers' offices (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/22/1830379/democratic-offices-vandalized.html).

There has also been a significant amount of violence-tinged rhetoric (http://pr.thinkprogress.org/2010/10/pr20101028/index.html) coming from politicians. Nevada GOP Senate candidate Sharron Angle floated "Second Amendment remedies (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/16/sharron-angle-floated-2nd_n_614003.html)" as a "cure" for an out-of-control Congress. Last week, a Republican House candidate in Texas said a violent overthrow of the government is "on the table (http://thinkprogress.org/2010/10/22/gop-violent-overthrow/)." Former Alaska governor Sarah Palin has taken some flack for using gun imagery after the passage of health care reform, telling her supporters to "reload (http://thehill.com/blogs/twitter-room/other-news/88879-dem-lawmaker-takes-exception-with-palin-reload-comment)."

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, last year, hate groups stayed at record levels, and "anti-immigrant vigilante groups" soared by nearly 80 percent (http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/spring/rage-on-the-right). The largest, jump, however, came from so-called "patriot" groups, made up of militias and other groups that distrust the federal government and believe its plotting to impose a "one-world government." Those rose 244 percent in 2009, going from 149 groups to 512.

Potok attributes the rise to three factors: 1) The change in racial demographics in the country, with Obama as the apotheosis of this fact, 2) anger over the rough economy, and 3) the mainstreaming of "demonizing propaganda and conspiracy theories," encouraged by the likes of Glenn Beck (http://mediamatters.org/research/200906120029), Lou Dobbs (http://thinkprogress.org/2007/05/30/dobbs-leprosy/), and Rep. Michele Bachmann (http://thinkprogress.org/2009/06/27/census-bachmann-mpr/) (R-Minn.).

Potok noted that the rise in radical right-wing activity began even before Obama was elected, pointing to multiple plots to kill him (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_assassination_threats). He added that the rise in violence has basically exclusively come from the far right.

"They [The far left] have burned down some things and done some various serious arson attacks, but it's tiny," he said. "There's a tiny anarchist movement, there's a small but fairly violent animal rights and radical environmental movement, but these things absolutely pale in comparison to the right. So no, I think the radical right...is large and growing, and I think that it's impossible to say that of the extreme left."

At a meeting with progressive bloggers yesterday, Obama addressed the stomping of the MoveOn.org activist and the rise in violence, saying, "I think that one of the things that I've always tried to promote is civility in politics. I think we can disagree vigorously without being disagreeable. And what we saw on the video was an example of people's passions just getting out of hand in ways that are disturbing (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/27/obamas-interview-with-progressive-bloggers_n_775112.html)."

"In fairness, I don't expect every candidate to be responsible for every single supporter's actions, but I do think that all of us have an obligation to set a tone where we say the other side is -- may be wrong but it's not evil, because when you start going down that path of demonizing folks, then these kinds of incidents are more likely to occur," he added. "And my expectation in the remainder of this campaign is that all candidates out there are a little more careful about making sure that they're framing the debate around issues and sending a clear message to their supporters that our democracy works when we disagree, we debate, we argue, it gets contentious, but that there are certain lines we don't cross."

Instead of a time-out after the stomping at the Paul rally, Tim Profitt -- the stomper -- has enraged many people even further by showing no remorse for giving the young woman a concussion, saying that she should actually apologize to him (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/27/rand-paul-supporter-tim-profitt_n_774614.html). MoveOn has launched a "You Can't Stomp On Us! (http://pol.moveon.org/cantstomp/photos.html)" page, asking people to submit photos holding signs with the phrase. "In 2010, in American women deserve better than to be assaulted and then blamed for it," the site states. "In 2010, in America, engaging in political protest is not an invite for a beating."

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 04:41 PM
It's been discussed today yes.

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 04:53 PM
sweet

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/28/2010, 04:56 PM
Good point. Lawyers do make the best politicians. He is very intelligent at what he does as a politician. Unfortunatalely law school does not teach economics. Nor does it teach you how to effectively manage. (I know you were going to say that is why he has advisors). Hard to know how to run a country with a couple years in the Senate and really nice framed diploma.
Sincerely hope you aren't a Palin fan

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 05:13 PM
And that right there supports the argument that I have been making all afternoon. Obama and Palin are the two extremes and you get labled as a follower of one. Why?

No I do not think Palin would make a good President, just as I do not think Obama is a good president. To effectively run the country, and as cliche as this is, you have to govern from the middle. The political pendulum overswings every couple election cycles and that party takes it as a sign that the country gives them free reigns to go crazy. It happen when Clinton got in, it happend when Bush got in, and now its happening with Obama.

10/28/2010, 05:16 PM
I agree, so are talks of armed revolution by leaders of a large movement in a democratic nation.Well, Dear Leader has talked of a National Militia, as large and well equipped as the US Armed Forces. It would be another way he could spend billions, and put unemployed folks to work.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 05:17 PM
I can't find one freaking person that deserves to be elected.

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 05:18 PM
Well, Dear Leader has talked of a National Militia, as large and well equipped as the US Armed Forces. It would be another way he could spend billions, and put unemployed folks to work.
^^^ THIS IS A LIE ^^^

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 05:24 PM
^^^ THIS IS A LIE ^^^

Why big letters?

Actually in the primaries, he did talk about developing a domestic militia that would match the number of persons in our armed forces. I'll find it for you tonight and post.

ddub0224
10/28/2010, 05:26 PM
You probably won't find anything on it in your huffington post though....crazy huh?

SoonerNate
10/28/2010, 05:59 PM

George W Bush was the first President ever to have degrees from both Yale and Harvard University. Does that make him smart in your eyes? Or does that definition only fit your limited scope when it is a democrat?

10/28/2010, 06:36 PM
George W Bush was the first President ever to have degrees from both Yale and Harvard University. Does that make him smart in your eyes? Or does that definition only fit your limited scope when it is a democrat?Well, he sometimes didn't do a good job while giving an impromptu speech...therefore YET ANOTHER STUPID REPUBLICAN!(ain't they all?haha)

47straight
10/28/2010, 06:37 PM

57 states? What?

10/28/2010, 06:43 PM
And that right there supports the argument that I have been making all afternoon. Obama and Palin are the two extremes and you get labled as a follower of one. Why?

No I do not think Palin would make a good President, just as I do not think Obama is a good president. To effectively run the country, and as cliche as this is, you have to govern from the middle. The political pendulum overswings every couple election cycles and that party takes it as a sign that the country gives them free reigns to go crazy. It happen when Clinton got in, it happend when Bush got in, and now its happening with Obama.Reagan wasn't a middle-of-the-roader, and he was far and away the best president we've had since well before WWII. He set up a prosperity unlike any in history. Too bad subsequent presidents didn't understand economics, or in the present case, hates capitalism and prosperity.

Frozen Sooner
10/28/2010, 06:45 PM
George W Bush was the first President ever to have degrees from both Yale and Harvard University. Does that make him smart in your eyes? Or does that definition only fit your limited scope when it is a democrat?

Did I call him dumb?

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 06:46 PM

GWB viewed himself an average Student, however he was the First POTUS elected that had an MBA which he earned after that stellar record of duty in the Texas Air National Guard.

The guy was a tad privileged and it was pretty well expected of him to do well.

Obama's road to higher Education was a bit different.

Comparing the two is pretty laughable.

VeeJay
10/28/2010, 08:00 PM

The hardcore lefties hate him too because he hasn't been liberal enough. I guess the moonbats hate the coloreds too. :rolleyes:

Scott D
10/28/2010, 08:02 PM
Missed that one. Please enlighten.

Grossly Misinformed Sharron Angle (http://www.freep.com/article/20101008/NEWS07/101008018/Nevada-Senate-hopeful-Sharron-Angle-Muslim-law-takes-hold-in-Dearborn-other-U.S.-cities)

She made the allegation that Dearborn, MI doesn't follow the same laws as the rest of the United States, but instead operates under Sharia Law. She has since been invited by the Mayor of Dearborn, MI one Jack O'Reilly (clearly a muslim name of an arab guy) to visit Dearborn and see how wrong she is.

She also named Frankfort, TX as being operated under Sharia Law and not the US Constitution.

Leroy Lizard
10/28/2010, 08:22 PM
(deleted)

Scott D
10/28/2010, 08:27 PM
(deleted)

truly, your best post ever. Hall of fame material.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 08:39 PM
truly, your best post ever. Hall of fame material.

:D

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/28/2010, 09:03 PM
Reagan wasn't a middle-of-the-roader, and he was far and away the best president we've had since well before WWII. He set up a prosperity unlike any in history. Too bad subsequent presidents didn't understand economics, or in the present case, hates capitalism and prosperity.
No, he was not. Reaganomics as successful economic policy is and was a myth. Ill allow you to gather yourself before I continue.

Reaganomics did not even achieve its own goals. Reagan pledged to return, or advance, to a free market and to “get government off our backs.” He called for a massive cut in government spending, an even more drastic cut in taxation, particularly the income tax. He promised a balanced budget by 1984 after that wild spender Carter had raised the budget deficit to $70 million. He also wanted a return to the gold standard, where money is supplied by the market rather than by government.

Reagan also called for free markets internationally and stocked his cabinet and administration with adherents to Adam Smith and Frederic Bastiat's work.

How did his promises fair?

Gold went down the drain very quickly.

In 1980, the last year of free-spending Jimmy Carter the federal government spent $591 billion. In 1986, the last recorded year of the Reagan administration, the federal government spent $990 billion, an increase of 68%.

Proponents of Reaganomics say that these numbers are unfair comparison, we should compare federal spending in these two years as percentage of GNP instead. But the greater the amount of inflation generated by the federal government (from spending), the higher will be the GNP. Federal spending as percent of GNP in 1980 as 21.6%, and after six years of Reagan, 24.3%. Another (and probably better) comparison would be percentage of federal spending to net private product, that is, production of the private sector. That was 31.1% in 1980, and up to 34.3% in 1986. Even percentage wise, Reagan brought us a substantial increase in government spending. There was never much difference between Reagan’s and Congress’s budgets and Reagan never proposed a cut in the total budget.

The the most embarrassing, failure of Reaganomic goals was the deficit. Jimmy Carter ran deficits of $40-50 billion and up to $74 billion; but by 1984, when Reagan had promised to achieve a balanced budget, the deficit had settled down comfortably to about $200 billion.

10/28/2010, 10:13 PM
No, he was not. Reaganomics as successful economic policy is and was a myth. Ill allow you to gather yourself before I continue.

Reaganomics did not even achieve its own goals. Reagan pledged to return, or advance, to a free market and to “get government off our backs.” He called for a massive cut in government spending, an even more drastic cut in taxation, particularly the income tax. He promised a balanced budget by 1984 after that wild spender Carter had raised the budget deficit to $70 million. He also wanted a return to the gold standard, where money is supplied by the market rather than by government.

Reagan also called for free markets internationally and stocked his cabinet and administration with adherents to Adam Smith and Frederic Bastiat's work.

In 1980, the last year of free-spending Jimmy Carter the federal government spent $591 billion. In 1986, the last recorded year of the Reagan administration, the federal government spent $990 billion, an increase of 68%.

Proponents of Reaganomics say that these numbers are unfair comparison, we should compare federal spending in these two years as percentage of GNP instead. But the greater the amount of inflation generated by the federal government (from spending), the higher will be the GNP. Federal spending as percent of GNP in 1980 as 21.6%, and after six years of Reagan, 24.3%. Another (and probably better) comparison would be percentage of federal spending to net private product, that is, production of the private sector. That was 31.1% in 1980, and up to 34.3% in 1986. Even percentage wise, Reagan brought us a substantial increase in government spending. There was never much difference between Reagan’s and Congress’s budgets and Reagan never proposed a cut in the total budget.

The the most embarrassing, failure of Reaganomic goals was the deficit. Jimmy Carter ran deficits of $40-50 billion and up to $74 billion; but by 1984, when Reagan had promised to achieve a balanced budget, the deficit had settled down comfortably to about $200 billion.Goombyebye, silly guy.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 10:18 PM
Goombyebye, silly guy.

At least you were able to gather yourself. Nice job.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/28/2010, 10:21 PM
Goombyebye, silly guy.
Feel free to refute anything I said, or keep dodging because you have nothing.

Scott D
10/29/2010, 12:41 AM

congratulations, you've made his list of ignore. Welcome to the club.

OnlyOneOklahoma
10/29/2010, 08:24 AM

Your post was awesome. Thanks!

Was Reagan the one who drastically cut taxes on the rich? He was way before my time. I always hear people speak of him with reverance, the only thing to really revere is SALT as far as I can tell.

Crucifax Autumn
10/29/2010, 08:49 AM
The thing with Reagan is most of the stuff he got grand credit for then has fallen apart in retrospect as far as long-term consequences. The things he didn't get credit for then have proven to be very wise policies in retrospect.

Frozen Sooner
10/29/2010, 08:55 AM
The thing with Reagan is most of the stuff he got grand credit for then has fallen apart in retrospect as far as long-term consequences. The things he didn't get credit for then have proven to be very wise policies in retrospect.

As part of an assignment yesterday I was reading the prosecution and defense sentencing recommendations for Oliver North. What was interesting is that the different views of reality presented by both sides almost coincide with how people on both sides of the aisle view the Reagan presidency.

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 09:14 AM
As part of an assignment yesterday I was reading the prosecution and defense sentencing recommendations for Oliver North. What was interesting is that the different views of reality presented by both sides almost coincide with how people on both sides of the aisle view the Reagan presidency.

Our Country was pretty divided then. I really do think most folks didn't want to believe that Ronnie knew anything about it and it would be best for our Country to let Oliver North take the heat. I always had a gut feeling that Ronnie knew about it but he really didn't see it as a big deal and maybe didn't understand the details.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/29/2010, 10:02 AM
Your post was awesome. Thanks!

Was Reagan the one who drastically cut taxes on the rich? He was way before my time. I always hear people speak of him with reverance, the only thing to really revere is SALT as far as I can tell.
The tax cuts in 1981 did not cut taxes at all. It is true that tax rates for higher-income brackets were cut, but for the average person, taxes increased. The reason is that income tax rates were offset by other forms of tax increase. Inflation raising people into higher tax brackets, so that you pay higher taxes even though the tax rate schedule has officially remained the same. The second source of higher taxes was Social Security tax, which kept increasing.

I agree, foreign policy-wise Reagan was quite good. But he is not the economic giant and protector of laissez-faire values that some make him out to be today.

texaspokieokie
10/29/2010, 10:09 AM
i lived in CA when he was guv. thing i remember most was that he got welfare rolls cut by something like 100,000.

(number may be way off, but that's what i think i remember)

10/29/2010, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaSooner
"Feel free to refute anything I said, or keep dodging because you have nothing."

Your specious arguments are not worth the time to address. Seriously. Drop the hate, and read "Free To Choose" by Milton Friedman, and "Liberty and Tyranny" by Mark Levin. You will be a better person for doing so.

olevetonahill
10/29/2010, 11:12 AM
I hate to admit this But I aint a big fan of Wings at all .

StoopTroup
10/29/2010, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaSooner
"Feel free to refute anything I said, or keep dodging because you have nothing."

Your specious arguments are not worth the time to address. Seriously. Drop the hate, and read "Free To Choose" by Milton Friedman, and "Liberty and Tyranny" by Mark Levin. You will be a better person for doing so.

I thought maybe just reading the Constitution, Bill of Rights...the Gettysburg address and the like would straighten out everything?

ddub0224
10/29/2010, 12:37 PM

The the most embarrassing, failure of Reaganomic goals was the deficit. Jimmy Carter ran deficits of $40-50 billion and up to $74 billion; but by 1984, when Reagan had promised to achieve a balanced budget, the deficit had settled down comfortably to about $200 billion.

Sounds like may be talking with one of the last Jimmy Carter fans! Here are a couple of other facts regarding the 80's which is considered by the Cato Institute to be the greatest sustained economic expansion & wave of prosperity ever:

- real median income grew by average of $4k during the Reagan; before Reagan there was no growth, post Reagan -$1,500
-inflation & unemployment fell faser under Reagan than preceeding or following year
- American economy grew by $15 trillion (over 30% in size)
- every income bracket grew its income
- lowered interest rates from predecessor
- consumer & investor confidence ratings grew from predecessor

Scott D
10/29/2010, 12:48 PM

how can you hate Tim Daly?

SoonerNate
10/29/2010, 12:49 PM
Reagan won 49 states for a reason. LOL @ all the revisionist brainwashed by modern public education haters.

ddub0224
10/29/2010, 12:54 PM
Election time comes down to jobs - Reagon created them.

This election cycle will be no different. When people don't have jobs, they vote accordingly. Suddenly the environment, sexual issues, etc don't matter as much. If you can't creat jobs, you aren't going to get the votes.

JohnnyMack
10/29/2010, 12:54 PM

Neg spek. Order up!

soonerscuba
10/29/2010, 12:55 PM
Reagan won 49 states for a reason. LOL @ all the revisionist brainwashed by modern public education haters.Heh, you think he won Vermont by hardline conservative purism? The man was a pragmatist, as most effective leaders are.

soonerscuba
10/29/2010, 12:56 PM
Election time comes down to jobs - Reagon created them.

This election cycle will be no different. When people don't have jobs, they vote accordingly. Suddenly the environment, sexual issues, etc don't matter as much. If you can't creat jobs, you aren't going to get the votes.So now, the government does indeed create jobs? I hope the Republicans aren't out of consumer demand juice.

olevetonahill
10/29/2010, 12:58 PM
Neg spek. Order up!

Hey I always order em when I go to Hooters tho

SoonerNate
10/29/2010, 01:06 PM
What's up with pansies ordering mild wings? Why don't you just order chicken nuggets. If they aint hot, what's the point?

ddub0224
10/29/2010, 01:13 PM
So now, the government does indeed create jobs? I hope the Republicans aren't out of consumer demand juice.

Sorry, let me clarify for those who obviously have nothing to rebut with but to argue linguistics. And technically your rebuttal to what I wrote shoudl have been that Reagon personally hired all those millions of people...not the government.

I should have said that Reagon created and used economic policy condusive to job creation that was created by the private sector. Business owners are confident to hire when they can project future costs and even more so when those costs are projected to go down.

olevetonahill
10/29/2010, 01:17 PM
What's up with pansies ordering mild wings? Why don't you just order chicken nuggets. If they aint hot, what's the point?

Hell If know, But Im old and **** so I caint eat the Hawt stuff no mo :mad:

soonerscuba
10/29/2010, 01:35 PM
Sorry, let me clarify for those who obviously have nothing to rebut with but to argue linguistics. And technically your rebuttal to what I wrote shoudl have been that Reagon personally hired all those millions of people...not the government.

I should have said that Reagon created and used economic policy condusive to job creation that was created by the private sector. Business owners are confident to hire when they can project future costs and even more so when those costs are projected to go down.Alright, then what exactly are the Republicans going to do that will both create demand and lower debt?

Also, more jobs were added to the workforce in the 70s than the 80s, by number and percentage of available force. That suggest to me that there is quite a bit more at play than presidental poltics in terms of econommic performance.

SoonerNate
10/29/2010, 01:55 PM
By lowering taxes on corporations, you create an incentive for companies to take more risks and grow. In order to grow, companies demand more employees to produce more thus creating jobs. It's not difficult unless you've never taken business courses before.

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2010, 05:20 PM
Why big letters?

Actually in the primaries, he did talk about developing a domestic militia that would match the number of persons in our armed forces. I'll find it for you tonight and post.
The big letters were so n00bs could read it. Same reason I used small words.

Oh...and I'm still waiting for your amazing post of proof for something that simply isn't true at all. :pop:

ddub0224
10/29/2010, 05:42 PM
The big letters were so n00bs could read it. Same reason I used small words.

Oh...and I'm still waiting for your amazing post of proof for something that simply isn't true at all. :pop:

We can start here. More to come where he explains further.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

ddub0224
10/29/2010, 05:46 PM
Would you also like to hear how it would be started with "mandatory civil service" for all between the ages of 18-25? This was all said during the campaign my friend.

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2010, 06:05 PM
Would you also like to hear how it would be started with "mandatory civil service" for all between the ages of 18-25? This was all said during the campaign my friend.
Sure! Keep 'em coming! I LOVE it when people try this kind of tactic...it's so easy to make 'em look foolish. :D

LOL!

Scott D
10/29/2010, 06:14 PM

I guess it depends on your perspective of "mandatory civil service" but nobody seemed to balk too much when said "m c s" was the draft.

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2010, 06:17 PM
I guess it depends on your perspective of "mandatory civil service" but nobody seemed to balk too much when said "m c s" was the draft.
Next we'll have him explain to us how Israel is a "Communist/Socialist State" with their mandatory civil service. ;)

Scott D
10/29/2010, 06:25 PM
so be it. Personally, I have no issue with the US as a nation having mandatory military or governmental employment via a person choosing one of the two options. It gives the opportunity for training for those who don't go to college and those who do go to college get a slight delay on that which can also be used as part of repayment of student loans during their college period.

That being said, I don't trust this nation on a federal level no matter who is in the oval office or what group of bull****ters have the majority on capitol hill to manage to accomplish this in any reasonable manner.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/31/2010, 04:13 PM
Reagan won 49 states for a reason.
This is a pi$$ poor analogy at best

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/31/2010, 04:22 PM
Sounds like may be talking with one of the last Jimmy Carter fans! Here are a couple of other facts regarding the 80's which is considered by the Cato Institute to be the greatest sustained economic expansion & wave of prosperity ever:

- real median income grew by average of $4k during the Reagan; before Reagan there was no growth, post Reagan -$1,500
-inflation & unemployment fell faser under Reagan than preceeding or following year
- American economy grew by $15 trillion (over 30% in size)
- every income bracket grew its income
- lowered interest rates from predecessor
- consumer & investor confidence ratings grew from predecessor
No, absolutely not a Carter fan economically.

-While real wages fell
-Unemployment under Reagan was 6.75% compared to 6.35% during Carter, Nixon and Ford.
-Average productivity decreased
-Private investment as a % of GDP FELL
-Well, they couldnt have fallen any lower :P

OnlyOneOklahoma
10/31/2010, 07:26 PM
I want mandatory civil service because it would end the hero worship.

KC//CRIMSON
10/31/2010, 08:08 PM
nnUfPQVOqpw

LosAngelesSooner
10/31/2010, 09:03 PM
I want mandatory civil service because it would end the hero worship.
The only "hero worshiping" going on is with the imaginary Democrats in the Neo-Cons minds or with various Neo-Con/Tea Bagger icons, like Palin, Beck, etc.

The freakin' left has ALWAYS feasted upon their own. They are often more critical (for legitimate reasons) than we Republicans are of a Dem President.

ddub0224
11/1/2010, 08:14 AM
Sure! Keep 'em coming! I LOVE it when people try this kind of tactic...it's so easy to make 'em look foolish. :D

LOL!

Speaking of foolish, where is your response to what you claimed was a lie? Kinda hard to refute when you see it come straight out of his mouth, huh?

SoonerNate
11/1/2010, 09:35 AM
This is a pi$$ poor analogy at best

The libs are in denial. It's gonna be a blood bath.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/1/2010, 02:15 PM
The libs are in denial. It's gonna be a blood bath.
That wasn't what I was saying at all. The "won every state so he must be right" statement is what I was talking about.
Youre a fan of these comparisons so you should understand
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/ef/Reichstagswahl_1933.png/770px-Reichstagswahl_1933.png
Hey look at that, 33 out of 35, must be right eh?

*I am NOT comparing Reagan to Hitler

ddub0224
11/1/2010, 04:04 PM
Speaking of foolish, where is your response to what you claimed was a lie? Kinda hard to refute when you see it come straight out of his mouth, huh?

That was really sad and pathetic that you resort to going and giving negative speks to all my postings. Acting out in childish rage when someone knocked your idol off the self-created pedestal. Don't worry LASooner, even though you were wrong, you can still cling to hope. Never let go...never let go.

soonerscuba
11/1/2010, 04:10 PM
That was really sad and pathetic that you resort to going and giving negative speks to all my postings. Acting out in childish rage when someone knocked your idol off the self-created pedestal. Don't worry Froze, even though you were wrong, you can still cling to hope. Never let go...never let go.Normally I see crazy people babbling to themselves on subways.

ddub0224
11/1/2010, 04:22 PM
The only "hero worshiping" going on is with the imaginary Democrats in the Neo-Cons minds or with various Neo-Con/Tea Bagger icons, like Palin, Beck, etc.

T-shirts, songs, people fainting and crying when they see him...good call. No hero imagery there.

ddub0224
11/1/2010, 04:26 PM
Normally I see crazy people babbling to themselves on subways.

That was actually a typo that I corrected. Sorry Froze, that was an insult to you. I meant that to LASooner. LASooner is the big bully in the spek room when he gets pie in his face in public.

Scott D
11/1/2010, 04:28 PM
I should probably point out that LASooner and LAS are not the same people. In fact LASooner doesn't post anymore.

ddub0224
11/1/2010, 04:38 PM
I should probably point out that LASooner and LAS are not the same people. In fact LASooner doesn't post anymore.

Ok, its LosAngelesSooner...the guy with Paul Mitchell as his avatar.

SoonerBorn68
11/1/2010, 07:25 PM
That was actually a typo that I corrected. Sorry Froze, that was an insult to you. I meant that to LASooner. LASooner is the big bully in the spek room when he gets pie in his face in public.

Please don't confuse LASooner with LosAngelesSooner. One makes cool Sooner videos, the other doesn't.

Leroy Lizard
11/1/2010, 07:37 PM
Please don't confuse LASooner with LosAngelesSooner. One makes cool Sooner videos, the other doesn't.

Yeah, but he will claim he knows the director.

Frozen Sooner
11/1/2010, 07:45 PM

Whatevs.

TUSooner
11/2/2010, 09:14 AM
I still don't get how the Tea Party is branded as racist. Of course, there are racists in it, just like in any other organization, but I see the movement as a response to out-of-control one-party rule by the liberal Dems, not a reaction to Obama.
And I know this post probably has nothing to do with where this thread is currently, but deal with it, OK?

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/2/2010, 09:44 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/59/Dale_Robertson_Racist_Sign.jpg
this probably has something to do with it

olevetonahill
11/2/2010, 09:56 AM
I still don't get how the Tea Party is branded as racist. Of course, there are racists in it, just like in any other organization, but I see the movement as a response to out-of-control one-party rule by the liberal Dems, not a reaction to Obama.
And I know this post probably has nothing to do with where this thread is currently, but deal with it, OK?

And Of course SCS finds a Pic says It Proves the T Party is all racist:rolleyes:

From what I can see it seems the Libs and the More Left leaning Centrist are doing all they can to discredit the Ts.

As far as I can tell they are shaking things up with the established a**holes and gettin in some New blood, which is a good thing.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/2/2010, 09:59 AM
And Of course SCS finds a Pic says It Proves the T Party is all racist:rolleyes:

From what I can see it seems the Libs and the More Left leaning Centrist are doing all they can to discredit the Ts.

As far as I can tell they are shaking things up with the established a**holes and gettin in some New blood, which is a good thing.
Yes, because I said "this picture means all tea partiers are racist"

TU Sooner asked why the Tea Party is labelled as racist. Your founding president or whatever holding a sign like that would be a pretty good reason.

And the Ts/republicans are doing the same thing to democrats/other republicans. Your point?

olevetonahill
11/2/2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, because I said "this picture means all tea partiers are racist"

TU Sooner asked why the Tea Party is labelled as racist. Your founding president or whatever holding a sign like that would be a pretty good reason.

And the Ts/republicans are doing the same thing to democrats/other republicans. Your point?

yer a weird dude:rolleyes: TU asks why the WHOLE T PARTY is labeled Racist. YOU Post a Pic sayin this is why. What the hell else am I gonna deduce from that ?

And then by MY ONE ****ING POST IN THIS THREAD , you deduce that Im a member of said T-Party. Boy Ya need to take yer assumptions out and get em cleaned cause you dont know **** from shinola about ME:P

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/2/2010, 10:09 AM
yer a weird dude:rolleyes: TU asks why the WHOLE T PARTY is labeled Racist. YOU Post a Pic sayin this is why. What the hell else am I gonna deduce from that ?

And then by MY ONE ****ING POST IN THIS THREAD , you deduce that Im a member of said T-Party. Boy Ya need to take yer assumptions out and get em cleaned cause you dont know **** from shinola about ME:P
When a leader is labelled is one thing, the label is often passed onto other members in the group. Its not a hard concept to understand. I didn't mean that, "you're" was meant ambiguously at any Tea Partier.

EDIT: I really hope you're a troll

olevetonahill
11/2/2010, 10:23 AM
When a leader is labelled is one thing, the label is often passed onto other members in the group. Its not a hard concept to understand. I didn't mean that, "you're" was meant ambiguously at any Tea Partier.

EDIT: I really hope you're a troll
Dayum after all these years Im busted ,:D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 12:36 PM
No need to refute such an obvious lie. Oh, and a complete and utter out of context distortion of truth is a LIE, by the way. ;)

And I don't need to refute you when you display you're a crazy person all by yourself.

That was really sad and pathetic that you resort to going and giving negative speks to all my postings. Acting out in childish rage when someone knocked your idol off the self-created pedestal. Don't worry LASooner, even though you were wrong, you can still cling to hope. Never let go...never let go.
Oh, I negged you because you're a fanatical ultra-right wing loon AND a n00b who started the negging first.

Then, after I negged the crap out of you, I put you on ignore because all of your silly neg messages are actually a violation of board rules, so rather than report you, I just ignored you.

By the way...whining about spek?

ALSO a violation of board rules. :pop:

You want a freakin' tissue? LOL!

Ok, its LosAngelesSooner...the guy with Paul Mitchell as his avatar.

Lord. You don't even know who Zod is?

I am Zod.

Kneel before Zod.

:gary:

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 12:37 PM
Dayum after all these years Im busted ,:DNot a troll, I can vouch for you on that.

But you DO like pushing buttons, which is a HORRIBLE thing that no poster on here should EVER do. :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 12:40 PM

EDIT: I really hope you're a trollVet isn't a Troll.

And he's not a member of any Tea Party. The only party he may be a member of is a Whiskey and Red Meat Party which, I'm proud to say, I too am a member of.

Also, in his defense, I doubt he knew that the guy in that photo was an establishing leader of one of the big Tea Parties. He probably just thought it was a random fat old dude.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 12:41 PM
Yeah, but he will claim he knows the director.Now why would I do that? I've never met the guy.

I've met, hung out with and now have a friendship with Ridley Scott, but he's never edited a Sooner video so that's irrelevant.

And I only claim truthful things. Things that are based in fact.

But you wouldn't know about that, would you Captain Insecurity?

TUSooner
11/2/2010, 12:45 PM

True, little things like that don't help! :rolleyes: I believe the badly worded poster is intended to suggest that we the people are the "slaves" of Congress, btw Eugene(?) Robinson had a column on this subject today. He's generally level-headed, but I think he got it wrong by inferring that the Tea Party is motivated by the President's race. He did, however, say right off the bat that there is nothing racist about the small-gubment, low tax etc ideas of the tea party.

mgsooner
11/2/2010, 12:46 PM
ROTFLMAO at the Paul Mitchell comment ahahahaha

olevetonahill
11/2/2010, 12:57 PM
Vet isn't a Troll.

And he's not a member of any Tea Party. The only party he may be a member of is a Whiskey and Red Meat Party which, I'm proud to say, I too am a member of.

Also, in his defense, I doubt he knew that the guy in that photo was an establishing leader of one of the big Tea Parties. He probably just thought it was a random fat old dude.

I dont align with any party cept a Good one with Hawt chicks, Yer right I had no clue who that dude is, I also dont pay tention to any political hacks. I vote for who I think will do the best jorb.

Now why would I do that? I've never met the guy.

I've met, hung out with and now have a friendship with Ridley Scott, but he's never edited a Sooner video so that's irrelevant.

And I only claim truthful things. Things that are based in fact.

But you wouldn't know about that, would you Captain Insecurity?

Well to be truthful Ima call BS :eek: :pop:

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 01:01 PM
No need to refute such an obvious lie. Oh, and a complete and utter out of context distortion of truth is a LIE, by the way. ;)

And I don't need to refute you when you display you're a crazy person all by yourself.

Oh, I negged you because you're a fanatical ultra-right wing loon AND a n00b who started the negging first.

Then, after I negged the crap out of you, I put you on ignore because all of your silly neg messages are actually a violation of board rules, so rather than report you, I just ignored you.

By the way...whining about spek?

ALSO a violation of board rules. :pop:

You want a freakin' tissue? LOL!

Lord. You don't even know who Zod is?

I am Zod.

Kneel before Zod.

:gary:

Yes I am the crazy person, because I pretend to be a villain from Superman. And yes I knew who he was I just thought Paul Mitchell was more fitting for a fruit in Cali who rubs elbows with beautiful people.

The only lie here is the part about negging. You negged me first with random letters to which I responded. You then responded by neggin all my posts. Grow up man. Don’t start something and then threaten to go tattle. If you were going to “report me” they could tell who did it first. Geeez, what are we back in 2nd grade now!?!?!?

Back to the lie, please enlighten me as to how your warped, radical, left wing mind interprets this. I have reposted since you obviously didn’t watch it the first time. I know this may limit your response ability, but you can’t blame it on George Bush or claim racism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s&feature=related

You said it was a lie that Obama said he wanted a civilian military equal in size and funding to our current military. Tell me what part about that is a lie?

mgsooner
11/2/2010, 01:04 PM
lol

TUSooner
11/2/2010, 01:07 PM
Back to the lie, please enlighten me as to how your warped, radical, left wing mind interprets this. I have reposted since you obviously didn’t watch it the first time. I know this may limit your response ability, but you can’t blame it on George Bush or claim racism....

LosAngelesSooner is not a warped radical left-winger. He only seems like one compared to the over-the-edge right-wing rug chewers who usually post here. Just sayin'. ;)

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 01:10 PM
I dont align with any party cept a Good one with Hawt chicks, Yer right I had no clue who that dude is, I also dont pay tention to any political hacks. I vote for who I think will do the best jorb.

Well to be truthful Ima call BS :eek: :pop:Won't change the fact that what I said was true. ;)

Leroy Lizard
11/2/2010, 01:12 PM

Tell us again your story about sharpshooting.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 01:12 PM
Yes I am the crazy person, because I pretend to be a villain from Superman. And yes I knew who he was I just thought Paul Mitchell was more fitting for a fruit in Cali who rubs elbows with beautiful people.

The only lie here is the part about negging. You negged me first with random letters to which I responded. You then responded by neggin all my posts. Grow up man. Don’t start something and then threaten to go tattle. If you were going to “report me” they could tell who did it first. Geeez, what are we back in 2nd grade now!?!?!?

Back to the lie, please enlighten me as to how your warped, radical, left wing mind interprets this. I have reposted since you obviously didn’t watch it the first time. I know this may limit your response ability, but you can’t blame it on George Bush or claim racism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s&feature=related

You said it was a lie that Obama said he wanted a civilian military equal in size and funding to our current military. Tell me what part about that is a lie?Holy Crap you're easy. :D

BTW...if I wanted to report you, I would have ya big baby. But I didn't.

Now keep crying about how the big ol' meanie poked you with a neg stick for having crappy posts and generally being a ginormous LIAR.

;)

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 01:13 PM
LosAngelesSooner is not a warped radical left-winger. He only seems like one compared to the over-the-edge right-wing rug chewers who usually post here. Just sayin'. ;)

Thank you for the clarrification. I often mistake ignorance with blind liberalism...such as blindly following and defending Obama regardless of facts.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 01:14 PM
Tell us again your story about sharpshooting.Do I really need to? I mean, it's pretty well documented.

And it's not really a big deal. I qualified at 1000 yards in a shooting contest back when I was in High School. Tons of soldiers do it all the time as well as other hunters.

You're the hugely insecure person who can't believe that anyone else can do anything good simply because you suck in general at most things. :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 01:14 PM
Thank you for the clarrification. I often mistake ignorance with blind liberalism...such as blindly following and defending Obama regardless of facts.
Which I have never done.

Now...how can you explain your massive ignorance? And your penchant for lying about stuff? :pop:

Leroy Lizard
11/2/2010, 01:15 PM
Do I really need to? I mean, it's pretty well documented.

Indeed. :D

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 01:15 PM
Holy Crap you're easy. :D

BTW...if I wanted to report you, I would have ya big baby. But I didn't.

Now keep crying about how the big ol' meanie poked you with a neg stick for having crappy posts and generally being a ginormous LIAR.

;)

Nice try. Keep avoiding the issue. I'm surpised you didn't put me on ignore again and go back to your imaginary happy place.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 01:16 PM
LosAngelesSooner is not a warped radical left-winger. He only seems like one compared to the over-the-edge right-wing rug chewers who usually post here. Just sayin'. ;)NoNoNo! Since I'm not a completely crazy Kool Ade drinking neo-con/tea bagger I MUST be an Obama Lovin Commie/Fascist Socialist America hatin' Lib. :D

Facts mean nothing! Hyperbole is everything!!

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 01:17 PM
Indeed. :DIndeed. :)

Nice try. Keep avoiding the issue. I'm surpised you didn't put me on ignore again and go back to your imaginary happy place.Why ignore such an entertaining train wreck of a n00b poster?

btw...you should fix your "r" key. It keeps messing up all the time. Either that or you're a really terrible speller.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 01:18 PM
Have fun, kids. I'm gonna go vote.

Need to save America from the crazy Tea Baggers...oh, yeah...and legalize pot. :D

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 01:20 PM
NoNoNo! Since I'm not a completely crazy Kool Ade drinking neo-con/tea bagger I MUST be an Obama Lovin Commie/Fascist Socialist America hatin' Lib. :D

Facts mean nothing! Hyperbole is everything!!

Haha, I think you are starting to confuse yourself now. Touche to your rebuttal. Because I dare speak out about the great one and not accept everything he does or says as gold, then I must be a tea-partier. Negative my friend. Why don't you go back through all my posts (again) and find one that supports your generalization.

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 01:35 PM
Indeed. :)

Why ignore such an entertaining train wreck of a n00b poster?

btw...you should fix your "r" key. It keeps messing up all the time. Either that or you're a really terrible speller.

Well, you said you had to put me on ignore yesterday. That is why I asked. I guess you're wearing your big boy pants today.

Actually spelling is not one of my stronger points...kind of like you with reasoning. But I think in this instance I will have to get that R key checked out. Thanks for your concern.

TUSooner
11/2/2010, 01:40 PM

I think we can now place you on our spectrum.

Waaaaaay thataway ===============================>

V.I.Lenin...Far Left...Left...Center...Right...Far Right...Far Wrong...Tuba/Rush's Parrot...Hitler

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 01:45 PM
I think we can now place you on our spectrum.

Waaaaaay thataway ===============================>

V.I.Lenin...Far Left...Left...Center...Right...Far Right...Far Wrong...Tuba/Rush's Parrot...Hitler

So is the whole lib support group out in full force today? You post a youtube clip of the great one proving someone wrong...and BAM! Here comes the cavalry.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/2/2010, 01:48 PM
So is the whole lib support group out in full force today? You post a youtube clip of the great one proving someone wrong...and BAM! Here comes the cavalry.
derp derp derp derp

http://www.militaryheritage.com/images/charge%20of%20the%20light%20brigade.jpg

OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 01:57 PM
derp derp derp derp

http://www.militaryheritage.com/images/charge%20of%20the%20light%20brigade.jpg

OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Haha, now that was actually humorous.

SouthCarolinaSooner
11/2/2010, 02:01 PM
Haha, now that was actually humorous.
im glad you got the historical irony :D

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 02:18 PM
im glad you got the historical irony :D

Image that. A neo-con, tea-bagging lunatic (or whatever else any non-Obama worshiper is called) actually has a sense of humor and enjoys cordial bantering.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 03:09 PM
Haha, I think you are starting to confuse yourself now. Touche to your rebuttal. Because I dare speak out about the great one and not accept everything he does or says as gold, then I must be a tea-partier. Negative my friend. Why don't you go back through all my posts (again) and find one that supports your generalization.
"The Great One?"

Someone is talking about Babe Ruth?

Perhaps YOU should refrain from both the hyperbole as well as the gross generalizations. You're doing a ton of both.

And making a fool or yourself at the same time

Well, you said you had to put me on ignore yesterday. That is why I asked. I guess you're wearing your big boy pants today.

Actually spelling is not one of my stronger points...kind of like you with reasoning. But I think in this instance I will have to get that R key checked out. Thanks for your concern."Big Boy Pants?"

Really?

The little n00b is trying to say other people (especially me) aren't wearing their "big boy pants?"

And this is after crying like a little baby over getting a couple of tiny orange icons next to his widdle name?

LOL! :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 03:10 PM
So is the whole lib support group out in full force today? You post a youtube clip of the great one proving someone wrong...and BAM! Here comes the cavalry.Ha!

You're getting depantsed in front of EVERYONE BY everyone now, ya big liar. LOL!

This is quite amusing. :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 03:13 PM
Nice try. Keep avoiding the issue. I'm surpised you didn't put me on ignore again and go back to your imaginary happy place.
Oh, you're still on "ignore" along with the other ultra-right wing loonies.

Now, the rational Obama critics and true "slightly far" right wingers are fine. But they have brains and often bring up reasonable points, many of which I actually agree with.

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 03:16 PM
Ha!

You're getting depantsed in front of EVERYONE BY everyone now, ya big liar. LOL!

This is quite amusing. :D

Not really. Foolish looking one here is you. Do you want me to post the clip again. I can. Still waiting.

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 03:19 PM
Oh, you're still on "ignore" along with the other ultra-right wing loonies.

Now, the rational Obama critics and true "slightly far" right wingers are fine. But they have brains and often bring up reasonable points, many of which I actually agree with.

Gaurantee you I am closer to the center than you are. Trouble is, you sound so far left that you don't know where the center is. I will repeat once again...show me a post where I have a view that is ultra-right wing. It's ok to venture away from the support group. Go on....go on....

ddub0224
11/2/2010, 03:24 PM
"Big Boy Pants?"

Really?

The little n00b is trying to say other people (especially me) aren't wearing their "big boy pants?"

And this is after crying like a little baby over getting a couple of tiny orange icons next to his widdle name?

LOL! :D

Noob talk -- Do you feel "entitled" to be right since you have been on here longer? I guess technically the right thing to do then would be to redistribute some of your posts to me so we would be equal, right? Then no on would feel like a noob :)

It is nice to see you stick around all day in the public forum though today.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 03:32 PM
Not really. Foolish looking one here is you. Do you want me to post the clip again. I can. Still waiting.
PLEASE! Go for it! :D

I love it when people totally misrepresent, take out of context and distort reality in order to lie and then try to claim they are being honest.

Besides...we're all having fun laughing at your idiotic posts, so the more the merrier! :D

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 03:33 PM
Gaurantee you I am closer to the center than you are. Trouble is, you sound so far left that you don't know where the center is. I will repeat once again...show me a post where I have a view that is ultra-right wing. It's ok to venture away from the support group. Go on....go on....Show me a post where I'm even a LITTLE "left wing." :D

You can't.

I'm about as center politically as you can get. There are a few here with me. Veritas, for instance.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 03:34 PM
Noob talk -- Do you feel "entitled" to be right since you have been on here longer? I guess technically the right thing to do then would be to redistribute some of your posts to me so we would be equal, right? Then no on would feel like a noob :)

It is nice to see you stick around all day in the public forum though today.This post doesn't even make sense.

TUSooner
11/2/2010, 03:34 PM

You are Rush's Parrot, aren't you? One squawking bird is already more than enough. I hope you can start coming up with something more interesting than merely calling anyone to your left a "lib." We can tolerate "stupid" and "wrong" and even "false," around here, but "boring" and "unimaginative" don't sell much.

LosAngelesSooner
11/2/2010, 03:37 PM
Amen.