PDA

View Full Version : Quack QB favoring throwing hand...

ouduckhunter
10/27/2010, 04:02 AM
Link: http://tinyurl.com/2ekh69y

From Kezi.com

Daily Duck: Darron Thomas Favoring Throwing Hand
Watch VideoBy Steve Andress

EUGENE, Ore. --- 'Fidgeting' may be the best word to describe what Ducks starting quarterback Darron Thomas was doing with his throwing hand Tuesday at practice, but he was definitely favoring his right thumb and, at times, doing the same with his whole hand.

Thomas is not listed on the injury report.

Discomfort with his throwing hand was most visible in the first half-hour of practice, while warming-up and throwing balls to his receivers.

Thomas tested the flexibility in his right thumb countless times and often pulled on it with his left hand. He then squeezed multiple parts of his throwing hand above the thumb.

We've attached the raw video of him warming up above.

After practice, Offensive Coordinator Mark Helfrich didn't make anything of the observations, saying "He's fine."

The discomfort was obvious, and at the very least, something we'll keep on eye on and follow-up with Wednesday.

No reason to speculate at this point, only observations.

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2010, 04:03 AM
Won't bother me one bit if they drop a game because of this.

ouduckhunter
10/27/2010, 04:04 AM
Amen!

Okie35
10/27/2010, 06:20 AM
Won't bother me one bit if they drop a game because of this.

I would rather them lose at full strength so we don't hear they lost because of that. I think they still beat SUC though because SUCs weakest thing is their run defense. Costa is probably the better thrower anyway.

soonercastor
10/27/2010, 06:37 AM
Auburn (@Ole Miss)
Oregon (@USC)
MSU (@ Iowa)

I could use some upsets this week, and this certainly helps. I hope he gets better after the USC loss :rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2010, 07:42 AM
I would rather them lose at full strength so we don't hear they lost because of that. I think they still beat SUC though because SUCs weakest thing is their run defense. Costa is probably the better thrower anyway.

True.

yankee
10/27/2010, 08:03 AM
if thomas goes down, costa is good enough to lead that team. he's about as good of a backup QB as there is.

OUEngr1990
10/27/2010, 08:05 AM
nobody felt sorry for us when in this situation, I don't feel sorry for them!

85sooners
10/27/2010, 09:33 AM
:texan:

rekamrettuB
10/27/2010, 11:07 AM
USC and the points is looking better. USC had the week off and this is their bowl game.

SoonerWarMachine#1
10/27/2010, 11:23 AM

Well I hope so, I've seen girl's throw with more authority than this dude