PDA

View Full Version : Obama at 37% approval

SoonerNate
10/26/2010, 05:40 PM
LMFAO @ Mr Hope and Change

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/Hi_assets/TopHitPageNews.html

America is on to the fact that this man is clearly an idiot.

Currently, two-thirds of Americans (67%) have a negative opinion of the job President Obama is doing while just over one-third (37%) have a positive opinion. This continues the president's downward trend and he is now at the lowest job approval rating of his presidency.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 05:48 PM
A POTUS on the rise....:D

Veritas
10/26/2010, 05:53 PM
It's Bush's fault. :rolleyes:

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 05:55 PM
FIRE KEVIN WILSON ! ! !

He's Woodrow's kin! :D

Penguin
10/26/2010, 05:56 PM
Let's keep the champagne on ice. Reagan was at 35% at this point.

Veritas
10/26/2010, 05:57 PM
Let's keep the champagne on ice. Reagan was at 35% at this point.
That was Bush's fault too. :D

Cornfed
10/26/2010, 05:58 PM
If you look deep enough there is allways a Bush at the heart of things.

Okla-homey
10/26/2010, 05:59 PM
Granted, that's just one poll, but when POTUS gets down below 40% in his approval rating and stays there, he can't lead, because Congress ain't skeered of him.

In fact, people in Congress start making hay with the fact they affirmatively oppose an unpopular Prez's policies.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 05:59 PM
I thought Bush didn't drink? :D

badger
10/26/2010, 06:00 PM
Bush was also hovering around the 30s by the time he left office if I recall correctly. Being president just doesn't make you as popular as it used to :rolleyes:

But regardless, he is our elected president till 2012, so he will be the face of the nation and the leader of the free world and we should support him as such, even if we have no intent of ever casting a vote for him when he's up for re-election.

Blue
10/26/2010, 06:00 PM
At this point I think he's irrelevant.

Fire his economic advisors and everybody at the Fed and I'll vote for him in 2012.

SoonerNate
10/26/2010, 06:01 PM
Granted, that's just one poll, but when POTUS gets down below 40% in his approval rating and stays there, he can't lead, because Congress ain't skeered of him.

In fact, people in Congress start making hay with the fact they affirmatively oppose an unpopular Prez's policies.

I think he's finished (lame duck). Aside from a war or terrorist attack, his trust is gone and the majority that did vote for him have buyer's remorse.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 06:02 PM
At this point I think he's irrelevant.

Fire his economic advisors and everybody at the Fed and I'll vote for him in 2012.

He's only irrelevant if he's lost the keys to the nukes...if he's still got them 63% are still ****ting their pants.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/26/2010, 06:03 PM
Nobody could win right now

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 06:08 PM
On a serious note....I think the guy really thought once he was POTUS he'd find Bin Laden and that his numbers would never be in question. Should that happen and OBL is found...he'll have a resurgence but I'm beginning to think that even if OBL dies during this administration Al Queda won't divulge it, they'll continue to build on him being their Dalai Lama/Ghandi of Death.

Cornfed
10/26/2010, 06:10 PM
Ben laden is serving ice creame in DT Austin.

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 06:12 PM
But regardless, he is our elected president till 2012, so he will be the face of the nation and the leader of the free world

Yep.

and we should support him as such...

Nope.

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 06:13 PM
He's only irrelevant if he's lost the keys to the nukes...

C'mon, StoopTroup, no President could be that stupid.

SoonerNate
10/26/2010, 06:15 PM
LMAO.

soonerscuba
10/26/2010, 06:16 PM
I think he's finished (lame duck). Aside from a war or terrorist attack, his trust is gone and the majority that did vote for him have buyer's remorse.I would be curious what percentage of that number is disaffected Democrats that won't be voting Republican anyway.

The Republicans should tread very, very lightly in 2012, because if they bow to the tea party, they are going to get rolled.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/26/2010, 06:19 PM
Lets go Modern Whig Party

SoonerNate
I would be curious what percentage of that number is disaffected Democrats that won't be voting Republican anyway.

The Republicans should tread very, very lightly in 2012, because if they bow to the tea party, they are going to get rolled.

Wrong. This is a center right nation. Ask yourself why Obama campaigned as a centrist.

StoopTroup
C'mon, StoopTroup, no President could be that stupid.

Wow...you finally get a base hit after I lob one over the plate for ya...maybe there's hope for you yet.

soonerscuba
10/26/2010, 06:21 PM
This is a center right nation.As evidenced by all three elected sectors of government being controlled by Democrats and them winning the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 06:23 PM
I would be curious what percentage of that number is disaffected Democrats that won't be voting Republican anyway.

I do think the Pubs and the TeaPots like to throw out the idea that the folks who voted for him are mad at him and that they'll not go to the polls for him again. I think it's quite possible but their running of their mouths about it towards election time might also inspire them to vote for him just to stick it to the man.

soonerscuba
10/26/2010, 06:25 PM
I will agree that the dynamics of the country as envisioned by the founders via districting and representation certainly lends itself to appearing as a center right country, but it's population dynamics are far to complex to suggest there is an overriding political dominance, and if I was taking a shot at it, it probably wouldn't be conservative.

landrun
10/26/2010, 06:43 PM
As evidenced by all three elected sectors of government being controlled by Democrats and them winning the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.

That will be true for about 6 more days.

landrun
10/26/2010, 06:47 PM

I think the opposite is true.

The tea partiers and the independents (many of whom are tea partiers) are through with the left because of the same reasons.

The national debt
Taxes
Completely obscene spending
Bailing out the rich and unions at the expense of the middle class

If the Republicans allow the deficit to bloom over the next two years, or at least don't fight it, the fiscal conservatives will exit the party in masses.

starclassic tama
10/26/2010, 06:48 PM
kinda disturbing how some people seem to be happy when a president not aligned with their political values is failing... seeing it in this thread and also saw a lot of it from the left when w. was in office.

SoonerNate
10/26/2010, 06:57 PM
kinda disturbing how some people seem to be happy when a president not aligned with their political values is failing... seeing it in this thread and also saw a lot of it from the left when w. was in office.

LOL.

I disagree with his policies and yes am delighted that the majority of Americans now agree and aren't simply of the belief as that of his base that wish to free load off of the working class. You bet I'm happy.

Crucifax Autumn
10/26/2010, 06:57 PM
If I made it up to a 37% approval rating I'd have myself a little party.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 07:14 PM
Bailing out unions at the expense of the middle class

lol.

soonerscuba
10/26/2010, 07:24 PM
I think the opposite is true.

The tea partiers and the independents (many of whom are tea partiers) are through with the left because of the same reasons.

The national debt
Taxes
Completely obscene spending
Bailing out the rich and unions at the expense of the middle class

If the Republicans allow the deficit to bloom over the next two years, or at least don't fight it, the fiscal conservatives will exit the party in masses.I think the Tea Party is vastly overstated, and their golden child has favorability rating somewhere in the low 20s. If they nominate Romney or Daniels, I will expect a fight, if it's Palin or Newt they lose, and lose big.

If only the Republicans were so in love with austerity when they actually govern. The Tea Party is a right-wing, isolated populist movement that will get completely blown out of the water in a national. You can chose not to believe that, but I think such an asskicking will probably needed to get them back to normalcy.

For the record, I am for a Republican victory in this cycle.

Boarder
10/26/2010, 07:52 PM
Newsweek disagrees.

http://www.newsweek.com/2010/10/22/poll-obama-approval-jumps-dems-more-fired-up.html

Blue
10/26/2010, 08:19 PM
Who cares? They all suck. There is no Tea Party. The Republicans hijacked it a year and a half ago.

Now we get stories of voter fraud. This country is screwed. Two parties that do the same exact thing. Suck Banker dong.

picasso
10/26/2010, 08:29 PM

You don't think the fact that the Republicans moving more towards the middle and spending money like a pro athlete had anything to do with their recent demise?
I think they should listen to their base.

picasso
10/26/2010, 08:31 PM
As evidenced by all three elected sectors of government being controlled by Democrats and them winning the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 presidential elections.

How did they campaign? Obama is the only one who openly talked about nationalizing things and taking over. Only most folks didn't listen.

How many ultra left types campaign as a centrist? Please.

OUthunder
10/26/2010, 08:31 PM
A POS on the rise....:D

Fixed it for ya! :D

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 08:32 PM
^lol

XingTheRubicon
10/26/2010, 09:19 PM

math is hard

soonerscuba
10/26/2010, 09:58 PM
math is hardGood catch, 4 of the last 5.

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 12:46 AM
kinda disturbing how some people seem to be happy when a president not aligned with their political values is failing...

Oh yeah, this is just a recent trend. :rolleyes:

C'mon, who doesn't like to see the opposition fail?

Big 8
10/27/2010, 10:50 AM
LMFAO @ Mr Hope and Change

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/Hi_assets/TopHitPageNews.html

America is on to the fact that this man is clearly an idiot.

I wonder if that's the same 67% who don't know what Roe vs. Wade is?

There is a lot of ignorance and hate in this country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/new-rule-smart-president_b_253996.html

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 10:55 AM

Aaahhh, the mantra of the arrogant Left. "Those who oppose us just need more educating."

Big 8
10/27/2010, 10:57 AM
Aaahhh, the mantra of the arrogant Left. "Those who oppose us just need more educating."

Nope, smart guy, everyone needs more educating.

landrun
10/27/2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/new-rule-smart-president_b_253996.html

First off, you're linking to an article from Bill Maher. :rolleyes:

Next...

I'm the bad guy for saying it's a stupid country, yet polls show that a majority of Americans cannot name a single branch of government, or explain what the Bill of Rights is. 24% could not name the country America fought in the Revolutionary War. More than two-thirds of Americans don't know what's in Roe v. Wade. Two-thirds don't know what the Food and Drug Administration does. Some of this stuff you should be able to pick up simply by being alive. You know, like the way the Slumdog kid knew about cricket.

I'll bet you 90% of the people mentioned here are poor and uneducated.
They vote Democrat. So you're sort of arguing against yourself here.

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 11:08 AM
Which voter couldn't figure out how to punch a ballot in Florida?

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 11:12 AM
I'll bet you 90% of the people mentioned here are poor and uneducated.
They vote Democrat. So you're sort of arguing against yourself here.

Why would the poor and uneducated feel voting for the Pubs would help them straighten out their lives? I'm not trying to argue...but you act like it's really bad that they vote Democratic because they are poor and only have a HS education or less. I know quite a few folks who didn't ever graduate form HS, went to war to defended our Country and then came back to start a business and even became involved in politics. I've seen plenty of Pubs and Dems and now Teapots get asked direct questions about The Bill of Rights, Constitutional Law and even relevant current topics and give a deer in the headlights answer.

Truth is...it's not the Politicians that suck the most it's the Internal Structure of our Gov't and no matter what party gets into power...it isn't gonna get fixed without dismantling a lot of our current system and that can't happen as those folks would need jobs in the private sector that just aren't there after 8 years of the Bush administration.

You shouldn't pick on the poor and downtrodden IMO.

For me...I see a whole lot of poor and downtrodden who are College Grads who have lost jobs and are now 2 years into selling everything they had amassed off and now are leaning on family and friends. Unless some Politicians fix this...they aren't going to vote for anyone who has real answers.

OklahomaTuba
10/27/2010, 11:38 AM
This is what happens when you have a President who thinks the majority of folks in this country are "the enemy (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/25/in-appeal-to-hispanics-obama-promises-to-push-immigration-reform/)'.

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 11:44 AM
This is what happens when you have a President who thinks the majority of folks in this country are "the enemy (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/25/in-appeal-to-hispanics-obama-promises-to-push-immigration-reform/)'.

How the heck did you deduce that from that linked article? I scanned it a bit but really?

“I’m going to keep my promise on immigration reform,” Mr. Obama said.

OklahomaTuba
10/27/2010, 11:48 AM
‘We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us,’

I don't think he was talking about Osama, just people who happen to disagree with him.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 12:15 PM
Which voter couldn't figure out how to punch a ballot in Florida?

Thank you.

/winner

I was here and it was my cOUnty and none of us who punched it for Bush had a problem. It's the left that is ignorant and in need of handouts.

landrun
10/27/2010, 12:28 PM
Truth is...it's not the Politicians that suck the most it's the Internal Structure of our Gov't and no matter what party gets into power...it isn't gonna get fixed without dismantling a lot of our current system and that can't happen as those folks would need jobs in the private sector that just aren't there after 8 years of the Bush administration.

http://www.miseryindex.us/urbymonth.asp <--- reality check here

Truth is, those private sector jobs were there after 6 years of the Bush administration. They just disappeared after the democrats took control of government for the last 2 years of his presidency. That's a little fact that democrats hope no one ever notices or that you will willfully ignore it.

Liberals always want to blame Bush for the loss of jobs. But it is a little dishonest to ignore the FACT that before the Dems showed up, Bush had one of the best unemployment rates of any president in history. It was 4.9 they day Reid became the senate majority leader and Pelosi became speaker.

Within two years, the unemployment rate almost doubled.

Somehow the dems want you to believe that the person they mocked as being powerless and a lame-duck is to blame for what happened after they came to power while at the same time wanting you to accept the notion that his outstanding unemployment rate before they showed up means nothing. :rolleyes:

soonerscuba
10/27/2010, 12:32 PM

Truth is, those private sector jobs were there after 6 years of the Bush administration. They just disappeared after the democrats took control of government for the last 2 years of his presidency. That's a little fact that democrats hope no one ever notices or that you will willfully ignore it.

Liberals always want to blame Bush for the loss of jobs. But it is a little dishonest to ignore the FACT that before the Dems showed up, Bush had one of the best unemployment rates of any president in history. It was 4.9 they day Reid became the senate majority leader and Pelosi became speaker.

Somehow the dems want you to believe that the person they mocked as being powerless and a lame-duck is to blame for what happened after they came to power while at the same time wanting you to accept the notion that his outstanding unemployment rate before they showed up means nothing. :rolleyes:So, the economy turns by who is elected to Congress? What of Reagan's presidency?

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 12:36 PM
Thank you.

/winner

I was here and it was my cOUnty and none of us who punched it for Bush had a problem. It's the left that is ignorant and in need of handouts.
Highlighted key points for you there

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 12:38 PM

Somehow the dems want you to believe that the person they mocked as being powerless and a lame-duck is to blame for what happened after they came to power while at the same time wanting you to accept the notion that his outstanding unemployment rate before they showed up means nothing. :rolleyes:

Somehow you want to believe that who's in office has control of the economy. It's just not true...it's why I always throw out the Bush stuff. I know exactly where you're headed with this stuff. I'll never agree with what Obama did to help those Corporations...IMO....they should have been forced to bankruptcy. Inserting capital from the taxpayers account was completely the wrong way to go. What is right is that we definitely need laws in place to keep those Corporations from being able to do what they did. It was more Bush's fault than Obama as he was there for 8 years and I'll never believe that he didn't understand how out of control things were. Obama walks in and is faced with a historical moment and makes a huge mistake.

When I was getting my BS in accting we had a guy from the Federal Reserve in Kansas City as a guest Speaker. One of the things that shocked me to learn is that nobody watchdogs them. They police themselves. That's a lot of trust. I didn't think it was right then and I know it's not right now.

Presidents have power but they aren't all-powerful...it's why our Founder's created three branches of Gov't.

soonerscuba
10/27/2010, 12:43 PM
Somehow you want to believe that who's in office has control of the economy. It's just not true...it's why I always throw out the Bush stuff. I know exactly where you're headed with this stuff. I'll never agree with what Obama did to help those Corporations...IMO....they should have been forced to bankruptcy. Inserting capital from the taxpayers account was completely the wrong way to go. What is right is that we definitely need laws in place to keep those Corporations from being able to do what they did. It was more Bush's fault than Obama as he was there for 8 years and I'll never believe that he didn't understand how out of control things were. Obama walks in and is faced with a historical moment and makes a huge mistake.

When I was getting my BS in accting we had a guy from the Federal Reserve in Kansas City as a guest Speaker. One of the things that shocked me to learn is that nobody watchdogs them. They police themselves. That's a lot of trust. I didn't think it was right then and I know it's not right now.

Presidents have power but they aren't all-powerful...it's why our Founder's created three branches of Gov't.But what if I really want to pretend that somehow my policies have had an affect on people's home purchases, but later pretend that my poltical opponent was the one that advocated that those same policies I trumpeted that resulted in a massive mortgage crisis that set off a downfall of American financial systems?

Signed,
Clinton and/or Bush

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 12:46 PM
But what if I really want to pretend that somehow my policies have had an affect on people's home purchases, but later pretend that my poltical opponent was the one that advocated that those same policies I trumpeted that resulted in a massive mortgage crisis that set off a downfall of American financial systems?

Signed,
Clinton and/or Bush

I'd suggest you run that by your handlers....lol

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 02:07 PM
Highlighted key points for you there

You want to compare unemployment figures between this Bush "idiot" as you claim and Obama?

And you leftists claim EVERY Republican as idiots. You did it to Nixon, Reagan, Bush 1, Quayle, Bush 2, O'Donnell, Palin, Angle, etc...

Same old tired line.

soonerscuba
10/27/2010, 02:11 PM
And you leftists claim EVERY Republican as idiots. You did it to Nixon (no), Reagan (no), Bush 1 (no), Quayle (yes), Bush 2 (sometimes), O'Donnell (yes), Palin (yes), Angle (yes), etc...

Same old tired line.W was not as dumb as people thought, but really, really bad at policy formulation.

soonerscuba
10/27/2010, 02:12 PM
Also, O'Donnell is a moron. Most Republicans I know think this.

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 02:21 PM
You all missed your chance at fixing our great Country. http://images.chron.com/blogs/txpotomac/dukakis%20tank.jpg

Fugue
10/27/2010, 03:14 PM
Dukakis reminds me a little of Dark Helmet

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 03:20 PM

Either Dark Helmet or the cue ball dude....lol

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/05/spaceballs2.jpg

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 03:22 PM
or the little man in tha boat.

The Remnant
10/27/2010, 04:05 PM
Obama's approval rating is that high?

Sooner_Havok
10/27/2010, 04:14 PM
Can we stop with this "leader of the free world" crap? The rest of the Free world called, we are not their leader anymore.

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:21 PM
Can we stop with this "leader of the free world" crap? The rest of the Free world called, we are not their leader anymore.

Lately he hasn't been leading anything other than us into bankruptcy. I agree.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/27/2010, 05:23 PM
Yeah they called back in '03

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 05:35 PM
Lately he hasn't been leading anything other than us into bankruptcy. I agree.

When you say us...do you mean you?

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 05:39 PM
When you say us...do you mean you?

I mean the U.S. Kool-Aid extra sweet tonight?

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 05:43 PM
I mean the U.S. Kool-Aid extra sweet tonight?

In other words you don't have an answer, you just like to argue.

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 06:13 PM

What about this hair helmet?

http://jeff_mariotte.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c3f8153ef013486af9f82970c-320wi

SoonerNate
10/27/2010, 06:26 PM
She is a great American

Cornfed
10/27/2010, 08:24 PM
Inserting capital from the taxpayers account was completely the wrong way to go.

I agree with your post but have to point out that the money was borrowed, agreed taxpayers will have to pay it back for the govt but we went into debt to get the money now.

OUthunder
10/27/2010, 08:24 PM

O'Donnell > Kerry

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 11:14 PM
She is in need of a hair dresser

FIFY

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2010, 11:19 PM
O'Donnell > Kerry

So what? Seems to me that saying "that guy was even a bigger moron than my moron" is just giving up.

Cornfed
10/27/2010, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjZPCo_Cf_0

texaspokieokie
10/28/2010, 08:22 AM
What about this hair helmet?

http://jeff_mariotte.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c3f8153ef013486af9f82970c-320wi

at least, she has balls.

texaspokieokie
10/28/2010, 08:23 AM
lookie there, over 1000 & got another star.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/28/2010, 08:35 AM
Representative John Boehner of Ohio, the presumptive House speaker should Republicans gain control of the chamber, is viewed favorably by 37 percent of respondents and unfavorably by 37 percent.

Boehner ties Obama.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/28/2010, 09:01 AM

You know its bad when a Dem tells his President and party leader to shov his endorsement. Then the previous ruling family and ex-President comes in to campaign for you to help out his friends and his wife (the SecState) stays out of the country to let you flop in the wind...

JohnnyMack
10/28/2010, 09:30 AM

Christine O'Donnell lost me with her push to advance "Intelligent Design" in schools. She's a typical neo-con in tea-party clothing.

SoonerNate
10/28/2010, 12:02 PM
He looked like a beaten puppy last night on Jon Stewart. Poor Obama. The audience was even laughing at his remarks. They don't even believe his bs anymore.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 12:09 PM
He looked like a beaten puppy last night on Jon Stewart. Poor Obama. The audience was even laughing at his remarks. They don't even believe his bs anymore.

Not one of his best nights. Looks like he's been out of the White House and actually seen how people are hurting and how pissed they are at every damn politician in this Country and now isn't sure there is going to be a fix to it when or if Pubs take control after this election. I mean...his last words were..."Get out and Vote folks".

SoonerNate
10/28/2010, 12:39 PM
If he at least made the effort to appear that jobs were his top priority the folks would cut him some slack. He just appears out of touch much like Bush 1 did when he didn't know what a grocery scanner was.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/28/2010, 12:42 PM
Why is the President on these shows? What happened to the dignity of the office? Every where you turn, he is on some TV show... Its like he is begging people to "please like me".

OklahomaTuba
10/28/2010, 01:25 PM
Dudes going down in flames, big time.

Despite voters feelings toward Obama personally, 56 percent say he does not deserve to be re-elected, while 38 percent say he does deserve to be re-elected president." Worse, Schoen adds, "43 percent say that Barack Obama has been a better president than George W. Bush, while 48 percent say Bush was a better president than Obama has been."http://politics.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2010/10/27/poll-most-want-obama-fired-in-2012

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 01:27 PM
If he at least made the effort to appear that jobs were his top priority the folks would cut him some slack. He just appears out of touch much like Bush 1 did when he didn't know what a grocery scanner was.

And he still got re-elected...amazing huh?

OklahomaTuba
10/28/2010, 01:31 PM
He did?

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 01:32 PM
I took that as GWB's first term

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 01:41 PM
All this proves is that Republicans will hate any Democrat President no matter what and Democrats always turn and eat their own until it's time to vote, then they vote for their own establishment.

If it makes you feel better, sweet. But it doesn't mean a damn thing.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 01:43 PM
All this proves is that Republicans will hate any Democrat President no matter what and Democrats always turn and eat their own until it's time to vote, then they vote for their own establishment.

That's pretty much what has happened and the Pubs and the Teapots treated it like chum in the water instead of explaining what they intend to do is log-jam everything until the next Presidential Election, which will be even better for all of us.

SoonerNate
10/28/2010, 02:09 PM

Not any Dem. If you guys would put moderates at the top of your leadership instead of the Pelosi / Obamas.... just sayin'

JFK would not be allowed in today's Democrat party.

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 02:21 PM
Obama IS a moderate.

And the fact that you can't see that only proves how far you and your Tea Party ilk have moved to the right.

J.F.K. would be just fine in today's Democratic Party. He'd be right there next to Obama, politically. You know who else would? Nixon. He'd be a BIG OL' Democrat in today's climate. Shoot...to you guys Reagan would be a "big government Liberal" who is "soft on defense since he wants to reduce our nuclear arsenal by 2/3."

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 02:25 PM
Oh, and by the way, I WISH my party would put moderates at the top of our leadership instead of the empty puppets it currently has in Michael Steele and the double-talking big business blow job artists in McConell, Cantor and Boehner.

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 02:28 PM
Oh, and by the way, I WISH my party would put moderates at the top of our leadership instead of the empty puppets it currently has in Michael Steele and the double-talking big business blow job artists in McConell, Cantor and Boehner.

Would benefit any party IMO.

Veritas
10/28/2010, 02:29 PM
Obama IS a moderate.
Maybe not compared to all those folks in Hollyweird, but he ain't a moderate.

And what do you have against blow job artists? I'm a big fan of artists. I'm a big fan of blow jobs. I can't see how a combination of the two would be bad. Unless they try to paint your taint or something whilst fellating. That would be bad.

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 02:33 PM
Oooh...."taint painting!"

I can see an NEA sponsorship on the horizon!

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 02:33 PM
And, yea...he's a moderate...across the danged board.

We could start listing the issues and pointing out how he plays to both sides evenly...but that would be actual "discussion," which we all know is against SO board rules.

;)

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 02:39 PM
Maybe not compared to all those folks in Hollyweird, but he ain't a moderate.

And what do you have against blow job artists? I'm a big fan of artists. I'm a big fan of blow jobs. I can't see how a combination of the two would be bad. Unless they try to paint your taint or something whilst fellating. That would be bad.

Now V....he's a Father of two kids and is married and IMO a more realistic role model than Cosby was on a TV show. That considered...he doesn't come off to far from moderate most times....I'll agree that he's done some stuff than makes me scratch my head....

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 02:41 PM
Oh, CERTAINLY he's pulled some "head scratcher" moments for all of us. I don't agree with everything he's done. He's left a lot of campaign promises on the floor...that said, anyone who tries to paint him as a "socialist, communist, anti-american" etc...is being EXTREMELY dishonest intellectually and is probably quite a lazy thinker.

LosAngelesSooner
10/28/2010, 02:43 PM
And I say "probably," because the only other explanation outside of willfull ignorance is deliberate manipulation.

SoonerNate
10/28/2010, 05:47 PM
LA, did you see the audience on Jon Stewart laughing their a$$es off at him?

StoopTroup
10/28/2010, 05:53 PM

Nate...did you see my post about the Leader of your Party and her response to be President? I only ask as I think you are going to need to prepare yourself for the laughter that will come from this...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146732

The Remnant
10/29/2010, 11:39 AM
I get it . If you can't defend the "anointed one", bring up Palin. You are beginning to sound like a Democrat running for office.

Big 8
10/29/2010, 11:44 AM
Politics aside, I think the commander in chief defends himself quite well, in his own words. Of course, someone as smart as he is can be pretty intimidating to the ignoramus anti-intellectuals out there, of which we have so many in Oklahoma.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/209395

SoonerNate
10/29/2010, 01:17 PM
Politics aside, I think the commander in chief defends himself quite well, in his own words. Of course, someone as smart as he is can be pretty intimidating to the ignoramus anti-intellectuals out there, of which we have so many in Oklahoma.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/17390/209395

Smart?

The guy can't speak to a classroom of children without a teleprompter!

LOL

OklahomaTuba
10/29/2010, 02:49 PM
He's still trying to figure out how many states we have.

OUthunder
10/29/2010, 04:01 PM
He's still trying to figure out how many states we have.

He's still trying to find his birth certificate too.

oumartin
10/29/2010, 04:08 PM
he's at 37 percent because t 30 percent of people polled were afraid of being labeled as racists if they gave their actual opinion

JohnnyMack
10/29/2010, 04:12 PM
Birthers rule.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_IlH0VeTJce8/TH6KNYges4I/AAAAAAAAAWE/mzmn51PEMvI/s1600/tin-foil-hat-3.jpg

SoonerNate
10/29/2010, 04:16 PM
I am volunteering for Allen West in my district. He is a black conservative running for Congress. If you don't agree with his policies you must be racist.

See how ignorant that sounds? But that's the way the left labels any of us that disagree with Barrack Hussein Obama.

texaspokieokie
10/29/2010, 04:18 PM
@ 37% he's vastly overrated.

pphilfran
10/29/2010, 04:26 PM
He is a divider...

He takes shots at those that appose his agenda....and then, in the next breath, wants those same people to come aboard and support his issues...and then he wonders why they won't come to his aid...

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2010, 05:30 PM
Nope. I saw them applauding and cheering for him throughout the episode...one of the highest rated episodes in Comedy Central's history.

But I'm sure you'll try to spin it to where Obama was actually booed off stage, regardless of the facts. :cool:

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2010, 05:31 PM
It'll be fun watching the Meltdown: Part 2 after he's re-elected. :D

SoonerNate
10/29/2010, 05:33 PM
OBJECTION!!

Okla-homey
10/29/2010, 06:06 PM
I just wish the GOP could have pulled off recapturing the Senate in order to block any further appointments of lib SCOTUS justices. I blame the Tea Party for that.

At least we'll be waving buh-bye to that vile witch Pelosi as Speaker of the House.

LosAngelesSooner
10/29/2010, 06:08 PM
I just wish the GOP could have pulled off recapturing the Senate in order to block any further appointments of lib SCOTUS justices. I blame the Tea Party for that.

At least we'll be waving buh-bye to that vile witch Pelosi as Speaker of the House.
I won't miss Pelosi, that's for danged sure. I also won't miss crappy extreme right appointments like Roberts and Alito.

A split power structure is my preference, always.