PDA

View Full Version : World Series Prediction

SPuL
10/26/2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.flockaball.com/baseball/mlb/2010/10/26/for-arguments-sake-the-2010-world-series/

who you guys got? :mad:

JLEW1818
10/26/2010, 12:59 PM
Giants in 7

SPuL
10/26/2010, 01:35 PM
I hope Rangers take it. Cliff Lee is that dude

GrapevineSooner
10/26/2010, 02:44 PM
Rangers in 6

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2010, 02:56 PM
Giants in 2

texaspokieokie
10/26/2010, 03:37 PM
i pick the rangers to win.

i want the giants to win; but as a dodgers fan,it's tuff rooting for giants.

JohnnyMack
10/26/2010, 03:55 PM
Rangers in 5.

texaspokieokie
11/1/2010, 09:24 AM
well, if it's the rangers, it'll have to be 7.

who came up with stupid "claw & antlers" ???

not really too stupid, has sold a million caps & shirts.

ranger fans @ home look out of place, all wearing red or blue & team wearing white, as they should.

ouleaf
11/1/2010, 01:13 PM
Well I had hoped that with the Rangers facing another Lefty last night in Bumgarner, that they would have fared better at the plate like they did in game 3, but Bumgarner pitched the game of his life. He got some help from really good defense by the rest of the team on a few, but for the most part he just completely shut down the lineup. He made Vlad look silly up there the whole night.

The Rangers just aren't hitting as well as they did in the first 2 series. Hamilton, Vlad, Kinsler, and Nellie's averages are all way down in the .100's or low .200's. About the only one worth their salt right now at the plate is probably the least likely in Mitch Moreland.

You have to have hope with Cliff taking the mound tonight, but if the Rangers don't grab a lead early, I worry about their ability to play from behind. The Giants are a really good team and playing really good baseball right now.

I just don't like the Rangers chances of winning 3 straight at this point.

texaspokieokie
11/1/2010, 04:26 PM
Lee is very good, but Lincecum is also good.

Blue
11/1/2010, 08:43 PM
Giants pitching has been amazing all postseason. To shut the Phillies and rangers lineups down, you'd have to be.

One of the best pitching performances by a staff of all time imo. Of course I'm only 30.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 08:44 PM
Giants.

ouleaf
11/1/2010, 10:04 PM
Welp, Rangers just plain lost to the better team. Lincecum was amazing. Cliff was very good, but it doesn't really matter how good of an outing he has if he doesn't get any run support.

Rangers had one helluva season. Who goes bankrupt and makes it to the World Series? Really?

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 10:16 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101101&content_id=15949454&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2010, 12:25 AM
You know, up until last night, I chalked this up to the Rangers not being disciplined at the plate and not forcing the Giants pitchers to work.

But you know what?

That's what happens when you've got guys dealing. They force you to do things you don't want to do.

Took me about 5 innings to realize that even if the Rangers had managed to extend this one more game to San Francisco, it would have only changed the venue for where the Giants would be doing their celebrating.

Still wish Cliff would have walked Renteria though.

texaspokieokie
11/2/2010, 07:58 AM
i picked the rangers, so i was dead wrong !!!

wanted Giants to win, so i am pleased !!!

most always root for NL.

ouleaf
11/2/2010, 08:26 AM
Still wish Cliff would have walked Renteria though.

Word is that is exactly what Molina wanted to do b/c Rowand hadn't done anything all night. I think Cliff's "I don't walk anybody" mentality got the better of his judgement there.

GrapevineSooner
11/2/2010, 09:25 AM
Word is that is exactly what Molina wanted to do b/c Rowand hadn't done anything all night. I think Cliff's "I don't walk anybody" mentality got the better of his judgement there.

Yeah.

And from where Bengie was setup, it looked like Cliff was trying to get him out on a cutter that dove to the inside of the plate and down.

And it didn't cut.

That's the way baseball go.

yankee
11/2/2010, 08:23 PM
i predict the giants will win it in 5 games.

texaspokieokie
11/3/2010, 10:27 AM
Cliff was a tremendous factor in the play-offs, but not so much in reg season or WS. (of course if he were there all of NEXT season, he would surely be
a great asset)

just wonder how far rangers are willing to go to keep him ???

tuff to compete with yanks if they really want him.

ouleaf
11/3/2010, 12:02 PM
Cliff was a tremendous factor in the play-offs, but not so much in reg season or WS. (of course if he were there all of NEXT season, he would surely be
a great asset)

just wonder how far rangers are willing to go to keep him ???

tuff to compete with yanks if they really want him.

I can't blame Cliff for testing the waters and see all the offers he'll get. This is probably his last real chance at a big time contract. Hopefully he'll stay here, but nobody really knows for sure. I think he made a profound impact on the rest of the guys in the rotation, especially CJ. Also, just having a true Ace like that on your roster gives the entire team so much confidence that even if they are going through a slump, at least every 5 days you are going to more than likely have a good showing from one of the best pitchers in the game.

dwarthog
11/3/2010, 03:31 PM
i predict the giants will win it in 5 games.

Crap, you beat me to it.... :(

texaspokieokie
11/4/2010, 09:13 AM
giants just had too much pitching !!!

texaspokieokie
11/8/2010, 11:10 AM
see where yankees have already contacted Cliff Lee's agent. guess they're serious this time.