PDA

View Full Version : Another ESPN reporter hotel pranked

3rdgensooner
10/26/2010, 11:00 AM
Homeboy lives with his mom...

Pranknet Boss Hoaxed ESPN Reporter (http://rss.thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/pranknet-boss-hoaxed-espn-reporter)

OCTOBER 25--As suspected (http://rss.thesmokinggun.com/documents/florida/pranknet-style-hoax-fools-espn-reporter) in these parts, last week’s telephone prank victimizing an ESPN reporter was the handiwork of Pranknet and was actually placed by the Canada-based leader of the online vandalism group (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/telephone-terrorist), according to a recording of the call.

Early last Thursday morning, Elizabeth Moreau received a call in her room at the Hilton Garden Inn in Gainesville, Florida from a man purporting to be “Jeff Anderson,” the hotel’s manager. The caller was actually Tariq Malik, the 26-year-old Pranknet founder who lives with his mother in a Windsor, Ontario apartment.

Moreau, who covers college sports for ESPNU, was told of an “emergency situation” at the Hilton. The 27-year-old reporter was led to believe that there was a gas leak at the hotel, and was first instructed by “Anderson” to place a wet towel at the base of the room’s front door. Moreau replied, “Are you kidding?” Malik responded, “No, I’m not kidding, ma’am. This is an emergency.”

When Moreau returned to the phone, Malik claimed that the “authorities” had instructed him to direct hotel guests to establish “full oxygen clearance” in their rooms by breaking out windows with a toilet tank lid. A hesitant Moreau, who had been awakened by Malik’s call, replied, “You really want me to throw this thing out the window?” Malik urgently stressed that, “We’ve already had to do this for four other rooms so far. Please, ma’am, it’s an emergency.”

After questioning whether, “I’m strong enough to do this,” Moreau tossed the lid through the window (the resulting cascade of glass can be clearly heard on the recording). “Well, one worked well,” Moreau announced. She then noted, “I’m so ****ing freaked out right now.”

He directed Moreau to “unplug your electrical appliances because they do contain electrical charges and so we don’t want any situation where they could potentially explode.” After having Moreau identify herself by name, the Pranknet boss then claimed to be connecting her to his supervisor, who would arrange for a room refund.

At this point, Malik--who places his calls via Skype--conferenced Moreau in with a Hilton Garden Inn front desk employee named Scott. Switching roles, Malik told the hotel worker that he had gotten into an argument with his wife Elizabeth and she “got upset ‘cause I cheated on her and she broke the window, we’re gonna need a new room.”

Moreau responded, “Are you kidding me? Are you ****ing kidding me right now that you just did this? Who is this?” Malik remained silent as Moreau continued speaking with the confused hotel clerk, telling him, “Someone just pranked me and said that my room was on fire and I needed to throw the top of my…is this a joke?”

Malik then jumped back into the conversation, pretending to wrestle the phone from his wife. “This is not funny to me right now,” Moreau said. “I’m gonna ****ing call 911.” Malik responded, “You shoulda sucked my dick harder, I told you that I like to get head.”

The
10/26/2010, 11:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6skLC.jpg

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 11:11 AM
Homeboy lives with his mom...

Pranknet Boss Hoaxed ESPN Reporter (http://rss.thesmokinggun.com/documents/internet/pranknet-boss-hoaxed-espn-reporter)

Someone needs to knock the ever-lovin' crap out of a certain homeboy.

Partial Qualifier
10/26/2010, 11:14 AM
that's hilarious

virginiasooner
10/26/2010, 11:21 AM
that's hilarious

Sorry, don't find that the least bit funny. Notice how this loser lives in his mother's basement. Hope the Mounties can take care of this -- if not, maybe his mother.

badger
10/26/2010, 11:26 AM
It's only funny till it happens to you.

But... come on, lady. If there truly was a gas leak, the hotel would have shut the gas off, then informed guests that if they experience and nausea or dizziness to report to go the hospital immediately and everyone else, get fresh air. My gawd woman... a toilet seat lid through a window. :mad:

Howzit
10/26/2010, 11:37 AM
I have a gas leak.

This is not a prank.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2010, 11:39 AM
somebody light a match so I can see where its leaking from

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 11:41 AM
It's only funny till it happens to you.

But... come on, lady. If there truly was a gas leak, the hotel would have shut the gas off, then informed guests that if they experience and nausea or dizziness to report to go the hospital immediately and everyone else, get fresh air. My gawd woman... a toilet seat lid through a window. :mad:

This all comes clear in hindsight. But when pressed for time and on the phone with someone that sounds believable, it isn't too hard to get fooled into doing something stupid.

I don't find the prank the least bit funny, especially if someone had been hurt by a flying ceramic toilet lid or glass. (And I am sure the hotel doesn't find replacing a window funny either.)

badger
10/26/2010, 11:48 AM
:rolleyes:

Howzit
10/26/2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks Tailwind. :)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/image.php?u=36430&dateline=1147559809

well sob.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 12:39 PM
How hard would it have been for her to call the front desk to confirm the Hotel Manager who was calling her was for real?

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 01:16 PM
How hard would it have been for her to call the front desk to confirm the Hotel Manager who was calling her was for real?

Not hard, but she simply didn't think of that.

C'mon, we're talking about people here. When do people always do the calm, rational thing?

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 01:20 PM
Not hard, but she simply didn't think of that.

C'mon, we're talking about people here. When do people always do the calm, rational thing?

About the time someone instructs me to bash a hotel window out.

batonrougesooner
10/27/2010, 09:18 AM
I disagree. It's hilariously funny.

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 09:27 AM
You can kind of imagine what it looked like as she was following his orders...

WildBlueSooner
10/27/2010, 11:13 AM
I disagree. It's hilariously funny.

This :P

texaspokieokie
10/27/2010, 11:18 AM
that's hilarious

Not funny at all !!!! no humor in it.
just STUPID !!!!!!!

olevetonahill
10/27/2010, 11:52 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_MNK0lQqf-vc/SLVuWEwZ2CI/AAAAAAAADCY/Ks5DsigIiw4/s400/Killjoy1.jpg

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 12:12 PM
Not funny at all !!!! no humor in it.
just STUPID !!!!!!!

This made me start laughing again. WTF?

Partial Qualifier
10/27/2010, 12:46 PM
He directed Moreau to “unplug your electrical appliances because they do contain electrical charges and so we don’t want any situation where they could potentially explode.” After having Moreau identify herself by name, the Pranknet boss then claimed to be connecting her to his supervisor, who would arrange for a room refund.

At this point, Malik--who places his calls via Skype--conferenced Moreau in with a Hilton Garden Inn front desk employee named Scott. Switching roles, Malik told the hotel worker that he had gotten into an argument with his wife Elizabeth and she “got upset ‘cause I cheated on her and she broke the window, we’re gonna need a new room.”

Moreau responded, “Are you kidding me? Are you ****ing kidding me right now that you just did this? Who is this?” Malik remained silent as Moreau continued speaking with the confused hotel clerk, telling him, “Someone just pranked me and said that my room was on fire and I needed to throw the top of my…is this a joke?”

Malik then jumped back into the conversation, pretending to wrestle the phone from his wife. “This is not funny to me right now,” Moreau said. “I’m gonna ****ing call 911.” Malik responded, “You shoulda sucked my dick harder, I told you that I like to get head.”

Upon further review....... yep. Still funny. :D

badger
10/27/2010, 12:47 PM
I stand by my original statement, that this is only funny if it doesn't happen to you, so the thought of it happening to you should automatically make it less funny.

Partial Qualifier
10/27/2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah because instead of enjoying pranks for what they are, I should instead put myself in the prankee's shoes and...

now wait.. what!? :confused:

The part that made it funny was the guy acting like he's wrestling the phone away from his disgruntled wife. I'm sorry, but that's comedic genius

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 12:50 PM
Imagine that mouth with a hook in it...

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/files/2010/09/elizabethmoreau.jpg

The
10/27/2010, 12:51 PM
I'd watch her dance naked in front of a mirror.

kbsooner21
10/27/2010, 01:47 PM
LMFAO!