PDA

View Full Version : I'm NOT bashing....

madillsoonerfan5353
10/26/2010, 07:56 AM
...T. Lew, I love the guy! But is he ready for the NFL after this year? Please tell me why?

Discuss

meoveryouxinfinity
10/26/2010, 08:02 AM
he's inconsistent, most of his talent is real but some of it is due to the position he plays in the system

Mad Dog Madsen
10/26/2010, 08:08 AM
If the season ended right now I would say he's not ready. All it takes is a few good games though. The whole defense is not playing like they should be so I think it's not just T. Lew. He made alot of plays last year because of Gerald McCoy also...

gaylordfan1
10/26/2010, 08:14 AM
Hmmmm, I think he is an amazing talent. He has led this team in tackles since his (rs) freshman year. Is a huge vocal leader for this defense, and brings the confidence to motivate our young players. I guess your basing this on his one bad game against Mizzou. He is a LB, and yes he did have problems covering WR's all game. But who wouldn't have. STEP had a good analysis of him in another thread. I can't quote exactly what he said, but something along the lines of he is around the 3rd to 4th best OLB in CF. I think he STEP said somewhere along early 2nd round if he leaves early. I personally hope he doesn't leave.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/26/2010, 08:24 AM
Hmmmm, I think he is an amazing talent. He has led this team in tackles since his (rs) freshman year. Is a huge vocal leader for this defense, and brings the confidence to motivate our young players. I guess your basing this on his one bad game against Mizzou. He is a LB, and yes he did have problems covering WR's all game.

I'm not basing it on one game, someone stated early this year that he need to shut his mouth and play also? I understand that he has led the team in tackles since he started on day one and broke Boz's frosh tackle mark, but that can be because of him playing weakside lb in this defense, right? I think he is a great player and I hope he stays also, but I just wanted to see what some of you think. I know that he and Wort were put in tuff match ups against WRs vs. mizzOU.

:gary:

Landthief 1972
10/26/2010, 08:55 AM
Seriously? Of course the guy's NFL caliber. It's tough for any LB to have to play man to man on receivers all night when the DL isn't getting to the QB at all. Not to mention, he actually wraps up when he tackles, unlike Carter, who seems to think he's Brandon Everage. I guess Carter's arms are strapped to his side or something. :P

madillsoonerfan5353
10/26/2010, 09:33 AM
unlike Carter, who seems to think he's Brandon Everage. I guess Carter's arms are strapped to his side or something. :P

I lol'd on that one, the guy does bring the wood! No question T. Lew is NFL talent, but I just wanted y'alls take on it.

:pop:

Sooner Brewcrew
10/26/2010, 10:07 AM
Doesn't seem like he's made near as many plays as he did last year to me. Not sure what's going on with him.

IronHorseSooner
10/26/2010, 10:26 AM
I believe that he will stay for his senior year, along with Broyles, not as much because they could develop more, but due to the current state of the NFL. As in, there could be no or a truncated 2011 season. The thing is, both guys are Top 5 in their respective positions. I think T-Lew could definitely contribute on an NFL roster, as would Broyles, but another year could do both of them good. I have seen both of them as late first, early second round projections.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 10:36 AM
I hope he stays but I think he's ready.

Okie35
10/26/2010, 11:08 AM
Seriously? Of course the guy's NFL caliber. It's tough for any LB to have to play man to man on receivers all night when the DL isn't getting to the QB at all. Not to mention, he actually wraps up when he tackles, unlike Carter, who seems to think he's Brandon Everage. I guess Carter's arms are strapped to his side or something. :P

Especially on teams fastest players its a mismatch. Even the good ones will get burnt.