PDA

View Full Version : Would people please stop with the 'calm down" threads?

agoo758
10/25/2010, 11:11 PM
No one is screaming at the top of their lungs, no one is calling for any players to be benched or any coaches to be fired, and no one is calling for the program to be cut, so the following people who constantly criticize any dissenting opinion (you know who you are) please stop putting words in our mouth and throwing us into the lions den just because we bring up the fact that we failed to win on Saturday, and please stop repeating yourselves. Thank you. I am out, I am annoyed, and yes, I am a little drunk. :P

Cornfed
10/25/2010, 11:12 PM
Calm down.......;)

3rdgensooner
10/25/2010, 11:12 PM
You should probably calm down. :)

agoo758
10/25/2010, 11:13 PM
Fair enough. I'll probably wake up and regret this post tomorrow, but I stand by what I say.

King Barry's Back
10/25/2010, 11:24 PM
Fair enough. I'll probably wake up and regret this post tomorrow, but I stand by what I say.

I've said it once. And I'll say it again.

STOP.

CALMING.

DOWN.

DAMN.

IT.

oudavid1
10/25/2010, 11:32 PM
EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!

SoonerPr8r
10/25/2010, 11:41 PM
Take a chill pill. If ya can't handle a pill try the chill strips. Just put one on your tough and chill.

SoonerStud615
10/25/2010, 11:49 PM
No one is screaming at the top of their lungs

Great call BIG GAME BOB ! Even worse than the onside attempt against West Virginia ! How about giving us a chance to win ? No way you go for two there. Any 7th grade coach could make that call. What a joke !

SIX ****ING RUNS IN THE SECOND HALF?

no one is calling for any players to be benched

Landry Jones is not the future that is all.:pop:

Put finch in!

It's official...Finch should play, Madu not so much...

or any coaches to be fired

Kevin Wilson may you please just drop dead. My dog has more play calling imagination than you. Line up in the I and run off the edge, not once. Pump the ball deep, not once. You suck.
ban me please. I do not care.

quit with the KW it is the Defense that always crumbles .... BV needs to go.

Although I agree, "enough with the Calm Down threads," those things are being said, thus the calm down threads aren't without some justification.

Collier11
10/25/2010, 11:51 PM
The calm down threads are because we get sick of the constant bitching and moaning, its the same stuff over and over ya know. Some people just need to realize that we arent going to go undefeated every year, it just doesnt happen

soonercastor
10/25/2010, 11:53 PM
the multiple calm down threads are as annoyin' as the bitchin' threads

agoo758
10/25/2010, 11:59 PM
The calm down threads are because we get sick of the constant bitching and moaning, its the same stuff over and over ya know. Some people just need to realize that we arent going to go undefeated every year, it just doesnt happen

As far as i'm concerned, typing about getting sick about the bitching and moaning is bitching and moaning in itself, and they are acting like everyone on SF is doing it when its only 2 or 3 morons who don't get on this site that often to begin with.

agoo758
10/26/2010, 12:00 AM

^ This.

SoonerPr8r
10/26/2010, 12:09 AM
and now we have threads bitching about the calm down threads that are actually just people bitching about all the bitching

agoo758
10/26/2010, 12:12 AM
and now we have threads bitching about the calm down threads that are actually just people bitching about all the bitching

Oh, I'll certainly bitch, and I am the first one to address this issue. I don't mind one calm down thread, but when there are a dozen of them that say the exact same thing about 20 hours after everyone has calmed down, and no one has really said a word, then its a problem. Just as it would be a problem if several other people started a thread just like this one.

olevetonahill
10/26/2010, 05:45 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

batonrougesooner
10/26/2010, 06:10 AM
I'm lost...

soonercastor
10/26/2010, 06:12 AM
I'm lost...

Try one o' these
http://www.texasoutside.com/GPS/garmin-nuvi-260-A.jpg

;)

TUSooner
10/26/2010, 06:48 AM
It's a ****ing football board on the internet. This is EXACTLY where you talk and vent about the game, and that's how some people get over it. So all people who say "calm down" need to calm down.

IGotNoTiming
10/26/2010, 06:59 AM
My "freak out" is battling my "calm down" as a normal everyday process, so these kinda threads only serve to confuse me

btb916
10/26/2010, 07:01 AM

Yap.

tcrb
10/26/2010, 07:09 AM
I prefer the "sky is falling" threads where the "freak out" people co-mingle with the "calm down" people. :pop:

soonerbrat
10/26/2010, 07:32 AM
you're all a bunch of morans

soonerboy_odanorth
10/26/2010, 08:08 AM
SERENITY NOW!

SERENITY NOW!

http://www.leedberg.com/seinfeld/kramer/kramer.jpg

C&CDean
10/26/2010, 08:44 AM
Generally speaking, the average hater = the average whorn fan. The same guys who were screaming "we're gonna plunger-rape them yella clad goobers from Columbia!!" last week and stating that MU didn't have a chance in hell in beating us are the same people who are freaking the **** out over this loss.

Y'all are a bunch of hacks. A bunch of boners. More worthless than a bag of dicks. Faux fans. Whiney little faggot bitches. You can call it "football discussion" all you want. I'll call it infantile temper-trantrum teeth gnashing no football knowing idiocy. You throw your temper tantrum at the house in front of the TV. Throw your hat, kick the dog, cuss the coaches to the moon and back. Then you settle down and act like someone who has been there before. You're gonna look awful stupid if this team wins out. I sure hope you do.

The
10/26/2010, 08:46 AM
a bag of dicks.

:texan:

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2010, 08:47 AM
boner

3rdgensooner
10/26/2010, 09:43 AM
More worthless than a bag of dicks.Uhm, are they motorized?

SoonerPride
10/26/2010, 09:54 AM
It finally feels like football season.

soonerchk
10/26/2010, 10:02 AM
Please don't calm down, I need the entertainment.

soonerbrat
10/26/2010, 10:03 AM
and please don't kick the dog.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 10:29 AM
Generally speaking, the average hater = the average whorn fan. The same guys who were screaming "we're gonna plunger-rape them yella clad goobers from Columbia!!" last week and stating that MU didn't have a chance in hell in beating us are the same people who are freaking the **** out over this loss.

Y'all are a bunch of hacks. A bunch of boners. More worthless than a bag of dicks. Faux fans. Whiney little faggot bitches. You can call it "football discussion" all you want. I'll call it infantile temper-trantrum teeth gnashing no football knowing idiocy. You throw your temper tantrum at the house in front of the TV. Throw your hat, kick the dog, cuss the coaches to the moon and back. Then you settle down and act like someone who has been there before. You're gonna look awful stupid if this team wins out. I sure hope you do.

Although I really would have preferred we win out....it was nice seeing some of the "FIRE [insert Coaches name here]" be silenced for over a month. However you just knew if our team lost a game, and it didn't need to be a game against a Team like KU either, that those same folks would crawl out of their holes of depression and begin their newest run at calling for some bat **** crazy fix that would lead to OU's Football Team falling back to 1999 type of fresh start or even replacing one of the three best Head Coaches in Oklahoma Football History.

I know I'm a Bob Stoops Fan until the day I die and that won't change even if he ends up Coaching somewhere else someday. Just as a person Bob is one of the nicest guys I've ever met and he also grasped just how important winning and tradition was in bringing our Team back to it's winning ways. Winning doesn't mean "Winning OUt" every year...it means being a Team that is expected to win or a Team that gets circled on opponents schedule and yes...a team that is voiced to be one of the Top programs every year that could go the distance. We are that type of Team again. We've been that type of Team since Bob came to Norman. Folks who put all their feelings on their sleeve that we should win a MNC every year are delusional. It just doesn't happen. It's particularly sad to me that these type folks feel the need to do this and still call themselves a fan. For me they border on being a Bandwagoner and should really get a grip on reality. I've met so many of these Wonderful Players and their Families over the years and to see them have to endure the unbridled mouths of people who bag on their Son right in front of them without giving two ****s about their feelings is amazing. I've seen this scenario numerous times and I feel for these kids who grew up dreaming to be a Sooner and live the dream and then have to endure criticism that is completely uncalled for from someone who really thinks their a fan. A real fan pats these kids on the back and tells them to keep fighting and that we got their back no matter what. I think more folks need to zip up the criticism and start to realize that you have to make due with what we have once recruiting for the year is complete. This year will continue to help our recruiting process as Bob has again proven that we are one of the premier Teams to beat not just this year....but nearly every year since he's been Head Coach. I can understand folks analyzing the games and even the Coaches and maybe even wishing the Coaches would do things different but I believe the current system we have may not be perfect but it's as good as most Teams in Div IA and it's that way every year.

It's awesome to be a Sooner Fan.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2010, 10:31 AM
Sir, you need to calm down.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 10:33 AM
Sir, you need to calm down.

Quite possibly you are right. :D

You got a taser? :pop:

I might need a hug too...:D

http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2003_Anger_Management/tn/2003_anger_management_001.jpg

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2010, 10:36 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1017478_o.gif

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 10:37 AM
I should have never botoxed my lips.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2010, 10:38 AM
I should have never botoxed my dong

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 10:38 AM
Pics? :eek: :pop: :hot:

OKLA21FAN
10/26/2010, 10:39 AM
you're all a bunch of morans

they need to get a brain

soonerbrat
10/26/2010, 10:39 AM
http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1017478_o.gif

what is he doing?

3rdgensooner
10/26/2010, 10:40 AM
Although I really would have preferred we win out....it was nice seeing some of the "FIRE [insert Coaches name here]" be silenced for over a month. However you just knew if our team lost a game, and it didn't need to be a game against a Team like KU either, that those same folks would crawl out of their holes of depression and begin their newest run at calling for some bat **** crazy fix that would lead to OU's Football Team falling back to 1999 type of fresh start or even replacing one of the three best Head Coaches in Oklahoma Football History.

I know I'm a Bob Stoops Fan until the day I die and that won't change even if he ends up Coaching somewhere else someday. Just as a person Bob is one of the nicest guys I've ever met and he also grasped just how important winning and tradition was in bringing our Team back to it's winning ways. Winning doesn't mean "Winning OUt" every year...it means being a Team that is expected to win or a Team that gets circled on opponents schedule and yes...a team that is voiced to be one of the Top programs every year that could go the distance. We are that type of Team again. We've been that type of Team since Bob came to Norman. Folks who put all their feelings on their sleeve that we should win a MNC every year are delusional. It just doesn't happen. It's particularly sad to me that these type folks feel the need to do this and still call themselves a fan. For me they border on being a Bandwagoner and should really get a grip on reality. I've met so many of these Wonderful Players and their Families over the years and to see them have to endure the unbridled mouths of people who bag on their Son right in front of them without giving two ****s about their feelings is amazing. I've seen this scenario numerous times and I feel for these kids who grew up dreaming to be a Sooner and live the dream and then have to endure criticism that is completely uncalled for from someone who really thinks their a fan. A real fan pats these kids on the back and tells them to keep fighting and that we got their back no matter what. I think more folks need to zip up the criticism and start to realize that you have to make due with what we have once recruiting for the year is complete. This year will continue to help our recruiting process as Bob has again proven that we are one of the premier Teams to beat not just this year....but nearly every year since he's been Head Coach. I can understand folks analyzing the games and even the Coaches and maybe even wishing the Coaches would do things different but I believe the current system we have may not be perfect but it's as good as most Teams in Div IA and it's that way every year.

It's awesome to be a Sooner Fan.

I heart this post

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 10:41 AM
I should have never botoxed my dong

Tailgate pics don't lie....:D

http://loyalkng.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/to-skinney-skinny-jeans-.jpg

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 10:42 AM
what is he doing?

He tasered himself.

stoops the eternal pimp