View Full Version : Mike Tirico:

OU Engineer
10/25/2010, 10:51 PM
On MNF just now:

"You never go for two until you absolutely have to"

:pop:

sooner518
10/25/2010, 10:56 PM
clearly the words of someone who isnt thinking logically and rationally.
"durr if you put the 2 point conversion off until the last minute, then you can claim that you only were one possession away from tying it! dur!!"

SoonerPr8r
10/25/2010, 11:02 PM
^this

Its just like choosing to go on defense first in college overtime. You know what you are getting into and what you need to do the rest of the game. Now punting in your own territory down by 9 after that, is a bad move.

oudavid1
10/25/2010, 11:11 PM
Either way we would have had to, if Bob thought it was best in the situation, which i actually agree with him, it wasnt his fault we didnt get it. And remember, Mike Tirico gets paid to broadcast, Bob gets payed to coached.

picasso
10/25/2010, 11:15 PM
On MNF just now:

"You never go for two on one until you absolutely have to"

:pop:

Fixed.

MoJoOkie
10/26/2010, 07:22 AM
Mike Tirico: Where's he coachin'? What's his record.

btb916
10/26/2010, 07:55 AM
Mike Tirico: Where's he coachin'? What's his record.

Stoops' record when going for two early: 0-1 in 2010. :P

Sooners78
10/26/2010, 08:02 AM
If you wait to go for 2 until you absolutely must, then the defense is more likely to do everything they can to stop you. I agree with the call.

TUSooner
10/26/2010, 08:06 AM
Fick percentages and probabilites and all that statistical and mathematical crap.
BOB WAS RIGHT THEN, BECAUSE HE'S ALWAYS RIGHT, AND NOBODY CAN SECOND GUESS HIM!!!!!

:rolleyes:

PS- Mike Tirico = student of the game > avergage sophomoric message-board poster

rekamrettuB
10/26/2010, 08:52 AM
So nobody heard John Gruden say "we say it every week...always wait to attempt the two pointer"?

TUSooner
10/26/2010, 09:21 AM
If you wait to go for 2 until you absolutely must, then the defense is more likely to do everything they can to stop you. I agree with the call.

But they won't try as hard the first time you try? :confused: :rolleyes:

That's just silly. And by "silly" I mean "dumber than ****!!"

;)

Sooners78
10/26/2010, 09:51 AM
But they won't try as hard the first time you try? :confused: :rolleyes:

That's just silly. And by "silly" I mean "dumber than ****!!"

;)

I'm not saying they will just roll over and let you walk in, but there won't be the same sense of urgency. A defense can really get up for one play when it must.

TUSooner
10/26/2010, 10:05 AM
I'm not saying they will just roll over and let you walk in, but there won't be the same sense of urgency. A defense can really get up for one play when it must.

Maybe they'll be more tired and discouraged later? I'm just not buying your rank speculation.

goingoneight
10/26/2010, 10:27 AM
I guess if Kenny Stills holds onto the ball that hit him square in the breadbasket, Bob is a genius and Mike Tirico remains the moron he is? Stoops isn't perfect, but it's stupid to argue what was a better time to go for two. It's one or the other. Coin. Toss. Doesn't matter.
Hypothetically speaking, the pressure is much greater waiting for it after the woulda-coulda-shoulda game-tying touchdown. We had to go for two eventually, it doesn't matter which one Stoops chose.

My only gripe is if you punt the way we did inside of three minutes, why all that ridiculous lateral BS at the end? Is there some magical Oregon/Boise play that's worth ten points?

MoJoOkie
10/26/2010, 10:27 AM
You've got to make two yards. You've got to do that either this time or the next. It is six of one and a half dozen of the other. Much ado about nothing. Just something for some message board poster to cling to when he/she is trying to complain. No different than a fake punt, going on 4th down, or any other risk play. Make it you a genius, fail and everybody is smarter than you.

goingoneight
10/26/2010, 10:46 AM
^^^ This... and only this.

THE-JROD
10/26/2010, 10:49 AM
^^^^Double this!!!

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 11:07 AM
The funniest thing about folks who make a big deal out of Bob making that call is....that Landry, Stills [I think] and Broyles almost pulled it off.

picasso
10/26/2010, 11:35 AM
Almost only counts if you're a Poke.

cmoneyou
10/26/2010, 11:38 AM
Fick percentages and probabilites and all that statistical and mathematical crap.
BOB WAS RIGHT THEN, BECAUSE HE'S ALWAYS RIGHT, AND NOBODY CAN SECOND GUESS HIM!!!!!

:rolleyes:

PS- Mike Tirico = student of the game > avergage sophomoric message-board poster

Dick vermeil, every single analysis of game outcomes >>>>>> Mike tirico

Edit: the percentages favor going for 2 so tirico is going against percentages.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 11:40 AM
Almost only counts if you're a Poke.

Or believing that they should never make a call like that considering how bad we suck. Then you're right back to just acting like a poke again.

stoopified
10/26/2010, 01:39 PM
Either way we would have had to, if Bob thought it was best in the situation, which i actually agree with him, it wasnt his fault we didnt get it. And remember, Mike Tirico gets paid to broadcast, Bob gets payed to coached.Bingo

goingoneight
10/26/2010, 09:37 PM
Like I've said... You know you have to go for two when we punched that last score in... it's a flip of the coin. You can chip away at the deficit (AKA... wait and see if you score again), take the easy points and know it's still an uphill battle, OR... you can go out there... EXECUTE and it's a touchdown game. Missouri wasn't sweating any bullets in that game, but remember what happened last time we converted and had a chance to win? It was the Boise Fiasco bowl. Jared Zabransky admitted after the game that he was nervous after we tied it and threw a pick-6 to Marcus Walker.

The Saturday, October 23rd, 2010 Stoops sees the call as "well, time to own up or shut up" when he called to go for two then. Bottom line is when you drop the ball in the endzone, it doesn't matter when you call it.

The lateral thing at the end of the game was a dumb move if this was indeed Stoops's mentality. What... did you hope that you could make it a one-point loss for voters to look at? Silly all around. Wanting style points for a "quality" loss, but then again, I'm not Coach Stoops. If only dreams come true and we destroy #1 Missouri in the BIG 12 Championship Game to advance to the MNC game... :(

85sooners
10/26/2010, 09:48 PM
:gary: