PDA

View Full Version : Mack Not Having Fun

Leroy Lizard
10/25/2010, 10:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5727226

"I'm the CEO who's responsible for it," Brown said. "[But] I expect Greg Davis to run the offense and get his coaches to get their players ready to play. I expect Will Muschamp to run the defense and get his players, get his coaches to get the guys ready to play ... I tell them all the time, 'Get it fixed.' That's their job."

http://blogs.democratandchronicle.com/chili/files/2009/09/thrown_under_the_bus.jpg

THE-JROD
10/25/2010, 10:10 PM
:D

soonercastor
10/25/2010, 11:00 PM
:pop:

OU Engineer
10/25/2010, 11:23 PM
:texan: :mad: = :D

SoonerPr8r
10/25/2010, 11:34 PM
It's my fault but not really it was all them

Okie35
10/25/2010, 11:55 PM
"I told them if one of your guys is playing bad, I can change them. If three of your guys are playing bad, I change you," Brown said.

:( :D

Blue
10/25/2010, 11:57 PM
"Um Yeah, Mack. Can you tell us what exactly it is that you do here?" :D

http://thefurtiveglance.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/office-space-bobs.jpg

soonercastor
10/26/2010, 12:07 AM
:texan: :mad: = :D

+1000
nice equation

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 12:21 AM
Another interesting item:

On what is being done to motivate the team: I have more emotional motivation sayings and motivational stuff up in the locker room then we’ve ever had. You can’t even see the walls, we’ve got stuff everywhere. --MB

So they lift weights AND read motivational posters. I wonder what those look like?

I said, I WONDER WHAT THOSE LOOK LIKE??

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 12:25 AM
Apologies if this has been posted. Does anyone know what the Hell he is saying here?

On if there are ways to motivate the team mentally: The motivation comes against a team like UCLA that they don’t know much about and don’t have much respect for. It comes against a team like Iowa State, and again Iowa State played so poorly [previously], and they saw it on film. We missed it on both cases. We didn’t get our team ready in both cases, and that really bothers you. They know Baylor. Baylor is an old Southwest Conference team. They have a bunch of buddies on the Baylor team. They’ll play hard this week. If it’s an old Southwest Conference team or a Big 12 South team, they play hard. Some of the Big 12 North teams, in the past, we just haven’t gotten the word through [to] them. Our fans don’t have a history with them. Our media doesn’t have history with them. We actually touched on Iowa State last week saying; here is Ames, here is their university, here are their colors, here is their mascot - because our guys don’t know anything about them. And I think our team took them for granted. I do think it will help next year, when you play a team every year and go back and forth. You’ll have a better sense of exactly who they are when you see them.

SOFSooner
10/26/2010, 12:26 AM
Would you want to work for him? Looks like ***** might be looking for a new Head Coach in waiting, and Muschamp might be going to Georgia after all after those comments. (LOL)

batonrougesooner
10/26/2010, 03:09 AM
I think they saw OU smoke ISU at home the week before and assumed it would be a cakewalk.

Jacie
10/26/2010, 06:35 AM
So the reason the lost to UCLA and ISU is because they didn't know what their school colors were?

tcrb
10/26/2010, 06:44 AM
So the reason the lost to UCLA and ISU is because they didn't know what their school colors were?

No, it was because they didn't know what city the school is in, what their mascot is, and the school colors.....pay attention next time. :D

jiminy
10/26/2010, 06:47 AM

Exactly, how can you be expected to tackle the other team's running back when you don't even know what color uniform they will be wearing?

TUSooner
10/26/2010, 07:37 AM
So s*** rolls downhill. Who'd have guessed! :D

I don't think he should call the asst. coaches out publicly, but he definitely should do it privately.

btb916
10/26/2010, 07:52 AM

I don't think he should call the asst. coaches out publicly, but he definitely should do it privately.

It's so much more fun when he calls them out publicly though :D

swardboy
10/26/2010, 08:35 AM
Oh the circus that is Asstown.....

OU-HSV
10/26/2010, 09:01 AM
Apologies if this has been posted. Does anyone know what the Hell he is saying here?

Sure.
He's saying they spent too much time with their Iowa State history lesson and too little time practicing for the game. (that's the way I read it anyway):D
Oh and I'm pretty sure somewhere in there he said he likes watching his team take showers.

Veritas
10/26/2010, 09:03 AM
It's funny, when they gave him the big extension and raise I told this whorn friend of mine "dude, your program just paid a bunch of money to go back down the toilet." He thought I was crazy.

Guess not.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/26/2010, 09:14 AM
I tell you what is puzzling to me is the whole recruiting of Gilbert..I really think the kid has talent much like Stephen McGee did coming out of high school..

But much like McGee, Gilbert went into an offense that absolutely doesn't fit his skill set. At AtM, they made McGee stick with the plan..I remember hearing McGee went to Franchione early on and asked him when are they going to start running the offense that DF told him they was going to run. And Franchione had everybody believing McGee couldn't throw the ball because they spent 90 percent of their practices running options and other running plays.

Texas recruits a guy who does not fit their system, so they change the system. Scrap techniques their line was taught, the runningbacks were taught and decide to go to some power running game. In the meantime, the coaches are wondering why they have 3 losses and the quarterback has to be wondering why did I come here

OU-HSV
10/26/2010, 09:38 AM
I tell you what is puzzling to me is the whole recruiting of Gilbert..I really think the kid has talent much like Stephen McGee did coming out of high school..

But much like McGee, Gilbert went into an offense that absolutely doesn't fit his skill set. At AtM, they made McGee stick with the plan..I remember hearing McGee went to Franchione early on and asked him when are they going to start running the offense that DF told him they was going to run. And Franchione had everybody believing McGee couldn't throw the ball because they spent 90 percent of their practices running options and other running plays.

Texas recruits a guy who does not fit their system, so they change the system. Scrap techniques their line was taught, the runningbacks were taught and decide to go to some power running game. In the meantime, the coaches are wondering why they have 3 losses and the quarterback has to be wondering why did I come here

You touch on something interesting here, and actually relevant to something Sooner related.

I've been wondering for a while now what exactly OUr plan was had we landed Cam Newton. I mean were we going to bring him in and and leave a guy with that kind of talent on the bench?? Or were we going to change up our offense to fit him better and make him the starting QB and bench Landry?
I am no offensive coordinator, but it's been a long time since we used a QB as a weapon in our ground game. So I know had we brought Newton in and had we planned on using him, the offense would've had to have been changed up quite a bit right? I mean I guess we could've thrown in a bunch of zone reads and what not, but wouldn't it have needed to change pretty drastically, which in turn would've put guys like Landry and Drew Allen on the bench. While maybe using Cam Newton and Blake Bell's running capabilities as a better fit for a changed offense. Anyway, just something I've been wondering lately.

OklahomaTuba
10/26/2010, 10:08 AM
Think it would matter if we had Cam Newton? Wilson would still be trying to pass it in the 4th quarter, and Finch would still be on the bench.

OU-HSV
10/26/2010, 01:11 PM
Think it would matter if we had Cam Newton? Wilson would still be trying to pass it in the 4th quarter, and Finch would still be on the bench.

You may be right :D
But I was actually asking a serious question. Just trying to figure out what exactly their plan of action was going to be. Because to me, if you have a player that's as diverse as Cameron Newton seems to be, you can't leave him on your bench.

stoopified
10/26/2010, 01:22 PM
"Um Yeah, Mack. Can you tell us what exactly it is that you do here?" :D

http://thefurtiveglance.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/office-space-bobs.jpgLet me answer that for mack; I recruit.That is all I know how to do,if I wasn't a coach I would sell used cars.

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 01:24 PM
No, it was because they didn't know what city the school is in, what their mascot is, and the school colors.....pay attention next time. :D

Remembering that info alone would have tapped Vince Young's intellectual skills.

Leroy Lizard
10/26/2010, 01:29 PM

This is a bigger problem than Horn fans think. Yes, Mack has given them what they want (a calling out of assistants' performance), but once coaches start getting led around by the fans bad things happen.

We all saw this happen to John Blake. This could get ugly.

OUstud
10/26/2010, 04:21 PM
Another interesting item:

So they lift weights AND read motivational posters. I wonder what those look like?

It's a bicep, dude! :D

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/8/57/20460_512x288_manicured__ztLEoUatokWxNQlLvIf8LA.jp g

OhU1
10/26/2010, 04:42 PM
Sounds like Mack is having a mini meltdown. As full of used car saleman B.S. as Mack is even he runs out of excuses evenutally: "It was the wind" "it was an 11:00 AM game and my players are not used to getting up that early" "let me answer that for Chris"

Now the "I did a bad job - that's on me" line has become "my assistant coaches did a bad job, that's on them".

What does UT expect out of Mack for only $5,000,000 a year? :P :texan:

kbsooner21
10/26/2010, 04:48 PM
You touch on something interesting here, and actually relevant to something Sooner related.

I've been wondering for a while now what exactly OUr plan was had we landed Cam Newton. I mean were we going to bring him in and and leave a guy with that kind of talent on the bench?? Or were we going to change up our offense to fit him better and make him the starting QB and bench Landry?
I am no offensive coordinator, but it's been a long time since we used a QB as a weapon in our ground game. So I know had we brought Newton in and had we planned on using him, the offense would've had to have been changed up quite a bit right? I mean I guess we could've thrown in a bunch of zone reads and what not, but wouldn't it have needed to change pretty drastically, which in turn would've put guys like Landry and Drew Allen on the bench. While maybe using Cam Newton and Blake Bell's running capabilities as a better fit for a changed offense. Anyway, just something I've been wondering lately.

That is something a buddy and I talked about while watching Auburn/LSU before our game last week. Kind of wondered if OU really wanted to land Newton or were just acting like they were interested to keep the fans happy.

badger
10/26/2010, 04:49 PM
UT has the money... for football. They don't for National Merit Scholars anymore, but they do for football. They will write off Mack's salary as a business expense and go wherever from there, because the donations will keep coming in for whorn football, whether the team wins or not, whether fans attend the games or not.

You know who I really think is on the chopping block among assistants? No, not Greg Davis or Crazy Will.

Major Applewhite. Mack's benched him once before, he'll bench him again! Or rather... um... what's the coaching equivalent of benching?

kbsooner21
10/26/2010, 04:52 PM
Major Applewhite. Mack's benched him once before, he'll bench him again! Or rather... um... what's the coaching equivalent of benching?

:les: Pistols...err...Whorns Firing!!! [hairGel]

OhU1
10/26/2010, 04:55 PM
You know who I really think is on the chopping block among assistants? No, not Greg Davis or Crazy Will.

Does Chris Simms need a job?

TheHumanAlphabet
10/26/2010, 05:04 PM
Mack may just have an aneurysm with being all mad and choked up...

Scott D
10/26/2010, 05:33 PM

You know who has to be pissed off but is at least publicly taking it well? John Chiles.

ThinMan
10/26/2010, 05:37 PM

In my office they put up the dumbest motivational signs ever. Probably the same things at Texas.

"Winners win"
This might be depressing them now since that implies that they are currently losers.

"A rising tide lifts all ships."
Probably don't want anything with the word "tide" in it right now.

"If the impossible becomes possible, anything can be accomplished."
This is it. This is the sort of inane drivel I'd expect Mack Brown to be posting.

soonerbub
10/26/2010, 06:50 PM
I've seen parts of all their games. It's almost obvious that ol Mack has been hittin the sour mash at a higher rate this yr

it's funny

ashley
10/26/2010, 08:02 PM
I have never seen a coach throw his team and coaches under a bus like this. He is suppose to be a classy guy. In private, anything is ok, but in public it shows how he takes pressure. He has always been know for giving his coaches hell in private but not in public. This is very bad pr in Texas high school circles. You cannot imagine the talk down here.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 09:10 PM
I have never seen a coach throw his team and coaches under a bus like this. He is suppose to be a classy guy. In private, anything is ok, but in public it shows how he takes pressure. He has always been know for giving his coaches hell in private but not in public. This is very bad pr in Texas high school circles. You cannot imagine the talk down here.

Then it's all good here.

Poor :mack:

Leroy Lizard
10/27/2010, 12:59 AM
"If the impossible becomes possible, anything can be accomplished."

:confused:

TheMind__Gap
10/27/2010, 01:43 AM
Kind of wondered if OU really wanted to land Newton or were just acting like they were interested to keep the fans happy.

Yeah, they were probably just playcating the fans...

But what if he had commited to us? The coaches woulda felt real dumb huh.

Keep up the insightful posts and I may subscribe to your newsletter.

rainiersooner
10/27/2010, 01:47 AM
Mack Brown is a fat piece of shizzle.

Crucifax Autumn
10/27/2010, 02:28 AM
playcating

http://www.arizonagrandresort.com/images/masthead/playcation-landingImage.jpg

rainiersooner
10/27/2010, 02:36 AM
he sucks!

kbsooner21
10/27/2010, 08:26 AM
Yeah, they were probably just playcating the fans...

But what if he had commited to us? The coaches woulda felt real dumb huh.

Keep up the insightful posts and I may subscribe to your newsletter.

Do you really think Stoops would have sat Landry and changed the offense for Cam?

oudivesherpa
10/27/2010, 08:39 AM
It's funny, when they gave him the big extension and raise I told this whorn friend of mine "dude, your program just paid a bunch of money to go back down the toilet." He thought I was crazy.

Guess not.

That's ok they don't honor contracts in Texas:D

Okie35
10/27/2010, 08:42 AM
Do you really think Stoops would have sat Landry and changed the offense for Cam?

Nope and thats why you recruit around your offense. Good coaches know that.

agoo758
10/27/2010, 11:35 AM
:confused:

It means that when the IMPOSSIBLE becomes POSSIBLE, then it is POSSIBLE!:rolleyes: