PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Getting Booed Out Of Their Own Stadium

VeeJay
10/25/2010, 09:57 PM
If I paid that much for season tix, parking, concessions, etc., I'd be mad as a hornet too. Go out to a game, spend $80 on beers, barely get a buzz and watch the Giants take apart your defense.

bluedogok
10/25/2010, 10:42 PM
We thought about season tix but ultimately my wife decided since we are in Austin it made more sense to just go to a few games and sit in good seats instead of having bad seats all year....seems like a good choice.

mgsooner
10/25/2010, 11:19 PM
Gonna be a looooong cold winter in Arlington.

ouleaf
10/26/2010, 12:00 AM
Cowboys have fallen flat on their face this year....A terrible O-Line, a bad head coach, and undisciplined team....time to cut your losses. cut guys that you know aren't going to be on this team next year, look to develop any projects or young guys and give them game experience. Hope that with a bad record this year means better draft picks next season.

SoonerStormchaser
10/26/2010, 04:44 AM
I don't care who they fire/cut, just as long as they admit failure and start with TFRW.

AlbqSooner
10/26/2010, 05:51 AM
3 people need to be replaced. Tony Romo, Wade Phillips and Jerry Jones. JMHO

Breadburner
10/26/2010, 07:01 AM
I love it....Albq is spot on......

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2010, 07:24 AM
3 people need to be replaced. Tony Romo, Wade Phillips and Jerry Jones. JMHO

Never gonna happen, hell yes, and never gonna happen.

People need to get over the Jerry Jones thing, especially if you are a fan. Him leaving or giving up control is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. all you can do is waittill he dies and hope Stephen isn't the same.

He gave up alot of control recently with Parcells and how did that work out? No playoff wins.

Ike
10/26/2010, 08:45 AM
Never gonna happen, hell yes, and never gonna happen.

People need to get over the Jerry Jones thing, especially if you are a fan. Him leaving or giving up control is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. all you can do is waittill he dies and hope Stephen isn't the same.

He gave up alot of control recently with Parcells and how did that work out? No playoff wins.

You know the whole 'blame the owner' bit is really only valid for a small number of teams that continually put the worst possible team on the field (like say, the Pittsburgh Pirates in baseball...yeah, I'm more of a baseball guy than a football guy, but in this case, the issue is exactly the same). I can remember not terribly long ago when Yankee fans wanted George Steinbrenner run out of town on a rail. Now of course, they think of him as a saint. I'm not saying that Jerry Jones is destined to be cannonized by Dallas fans or anything, but that I would have a hard time believing that he and his staff didn't believe that they had put together this bad of a team at the beginning of the year. Heck, they probably believed they had at least a playoff caliber team when they began. **** happens. Either they'll deal with it and get better, or they wont.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/26/2010, 09:06 AM
This is where you point at Tony Romo and the rest of those Cow-queers and laugh. You know, like that kid from the Simpsons.

http://dangerouslyawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/simpsons_nelson_haha2uwr.jpg

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2010, 09:16 AM
This is where you point at Tony Romo and the rest of those Cow-queers and laugh. You know, like that kid from the Simpsons.

http://dangerouslyawesome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/simpsons_nelson_haha2uwr.jpg

If you're the type of person who cheers injuries to people, then yes, that's what you do.

3rdgensooner
10/26/2010, 09:37 AM
The Cowboys are the aggies of the NFL

Tulsa_Fireman
10/26/2010, 09:40 AM
If you're the type of person who cheers injuries to people, then yes, that's what you do.

My sincere apologies, your Holiness. I didn't know you had the morally superior high ground.

Nobody is cheering injuries. However, I am more than happy to cheer their abject failure. Read the whole post and you'll see I included the whole squad, not just an injured Romo.

This is where I'd normally tell you to eat **** and get off your high horse. But I'm gonna let that slide this time.

JohnnyMack
10/26/2010, 09:49 AM
I think it's amusing that a team as talented as they are is in the position they're in. The blame for this season lies squarely at the feet of Wade Phillips. The talent is in place, but they've played this entire season like they don't give a ****.

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2010, 09:52 AM
Oh, take it easy. I'm just pissed at how this thing turned out, and need to learn to stay away from places like this after a brutal loss.

Imagine if you came here after a tough OU loss and got to read people throwing it in your face. Oh wait, thats all that happens on here. :D

colleyvillesooner
10/26/2010, 09:52 AM
I think it's amusing that a team as talented as they are is in the position they're in. The blame for this season lies squarely at the feet of Wade Phillips. The talent is in place, but they've played this entire season like they don't give a ****.

I agree with this.

soonerbub
10/26/2010, 04:54 PM
Gonna be a looooong cold winter in Arlington.

It's the curse of the rangers for them to win it the boys have to have some pain

AlbqSooner
10/26/2010, 08:33 PM
People need to get over the Jerry Jones thing, especially if you are a fan.

I was a fan of the Cowboys backinaday. After the way Jerry Jones treated Tom Landry I hope they catch all the karma from that fiasco for many years.

nighttrain12
10/26/2010, 09:06 PM
I was a fan of the Cowboys backinaday. After the way Jerry Jones treated Tom Landry I hope they catch all the karma from that fiasco for many years.

You mean fired him for being long past his prime as a coach? It seemed to work out pretty well when he signed Jimmy Johnson as the next coach.

Penguin
10/26/2010, 09:48 PM
Romo broke his clavicle? He should get a second opinion. I've never heard of such a thing. It's like going to the mechanic and he tells you that you need a new Johnson rod. OMG! Oh, noz! I need a new Johnson rod.

Clavicle. Give me a break. Next, he'll need to cast for his waxahachie.

yermom
10/26/2010, 09:50 PM
The Cowboys are the aggies of the NFL

except that the aggies have never been any good

Tulsa_Fireman
10/26/2010, 10:04 PM
You got it backwards.

The doctor told me I needed a new Johnson rod and my mechanic replaced my clavicle.

Penis Joke #88734 brought to you by Skelly Oil.

bluedogok
10/26/2010, 11:32 PM
Romo is a pretty good QB in the league, mainly because QB play is pretty poor anymore. He is the best one they have had since Aikman but hew is more Danny White, Gary Hogeboom than he is Aikman or Staubach. Just look at the wonderful list of QB's who played between Aikman and Romo, he is better than all of them.

Jerry Jones rescued a moribund franchise who was getting worse every season. The main problem with him is he thinks he is a "football guy". Wade is a real good coordinator but a lousy head coach, he was at Denver and Buffalo before Dallas.