PDA

View Full Version : **Prrriiide's official sunshine-pumping thread**

prrriiide
10/25/2010, 09:53 PM
The future belongs to OU:

1. Roy Finch.
2. Kenny Stills.
3. Trey Metoyer - I just looked up his current season stats: 60 rec/894 yds/15 ypc/127.7 ypg/15 td :eek:
4. Ronnell Lewis.
5. Trey Franks.
6. Tom Wort.
7. Tony Jefferson.
8. Aaron Colvin.
9. Bronson Irwin.
10. Drew Allen.
11. Trey Millard.
12. Brennan Clay.
13. David King.
14. Dan Noble.
15. Jamarkus McFarland.
16.Corey Nelson.

And a ****load of other 4* freshmen and new recruits. We're gonna arse-rape most of our opponents over the next 2-3 years.

Loss or not, it's great to be a Sooner.

Cornfed
10/25/2010, 09:54 PM
Murderer's row.

Can't wait to watch em play (again)

OU Engineer
10/25/2010, 09:58 PM
makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside....

SONofa47straitSOONER
10/25/2010, 10:10 PM
Also:

Trey Franks (his state champion speed will be put to use, bank it)
Justin McKay (potential that has to be put to use)
Brandon Carter (confident smooth playmaker that makes it look easy)
Brandon Williams (world beater stats)
Danzel Williams (player, whether he's on offense or defense)

THE-JROD
10/25/2010, 10:14 PM
I think i just wet myself!! :D

oksoonerdave
10/25/2010, 10:30 PM
Another rompin, stompin decade for the Sooners kickin teh crap out of horns and cowboys.

josh09
10/25/2010, 10:37 PM
Blake Bell? What about him?? Regardless, the next 3 years should be exciting :D

GottaHavePride
10/25/2010, 10:53 PM
Blake Bell? What about him?? Regardless, the next 3 years should be exciting :D

Considering we haven't even seen him on the field.... ;)

SoonerPr8r
10/25/2010, 11:09 PM
I think i just wet myself!! :D

And he is not talking about pee

oudavid1
10/25/2010, 11:17 PM
The future belongs to OU:

1. Roy Finch.
2. Kenny Stills.
3. Trey Metoyer
4. Ronnell Lewis.
5. Trey Franks.
6. Tom Wort.
7. Tony Jefferson.
8. Aaron Colvin.
9. Bronson Irwin.
10. Drew Allen.
11. Trey Millard.
12. Brennan Clay.
13. David King.
14. Dan Noble.
15. Jamarkus McFarland.
16.Corey Nelson.

great thread, he is my take on the future.

1. Roy Finch. -Will be vital, as a player with the ball, and a decoy
2. Kenny Stills. -Could become clutch, love his blocking
3. Trey Metoyer -Excited about him, hopefully we can bulk him up a bit
4. Ronnell Lewis. -To be honest, not sold on him yet
5. Trey Franks. -Love this kids upside, i think he will surprise people.
6. Tom Wort. -Gets better every game.
7. Tony Jefferson. -Best freshman we have(at least now). period.
8. Aaron Colvin. -Love his upside as well, played great vs Texas.
9. Bronson Irwin. -Got the size, has to put it to work. Fingers crossed.
10. Drew Allen. -Very talented, great backup to have.
11. Trey Millard. -Could quite possibly be the most underrated player ever.
12. Brennan Clay. -Excited to see him and Finch go at it for reps.
13. David King. -I dont see him ever playing big, hope im wrong.
14. Dan Noble. -Maybe our 2nd best DT this year. Gonna be good.
15. Jamarkus McFarland. -Slightly disappointing, but feel he can recover.
16.Corey Nelson. -Feel like he could start this weekend. Wish he RS.

Oh and you left out Blake Bell
Blake -I kinda wanna see if he can WR for the next 2 years, '11 and '12, that would be something.

agoo758
10/25/2010, 11:18 PM
We will without a doubt get better.

KantoSooner
10/26/2010, 09:42 AM
No doubt we have the talent to be a dominant program. And there is no doubt that our coaches have the ability, experience, facilities and support to construct and guide a dominant program.

There is a mental consistency problem, though, that has reared its ugly head for the past several seasons. We sleep walk. We don't finish games. We take plays off. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Part of it is the fact that we're talking about 18-22 year-old males playing the game. Not NFL pros. And 18-22 year-old males have approximately the attention spans of Irish Setters. But that's Bob's job. He needs to get it done and not stand on the sideline with that "I can't believe it!" look on his face. I love the guy and wouldn't want anyone else to coach the Sooners for the foreseeable future. But that crap is getting very tedious.
And no left-coast woo-woo factory consultants are going to magically solve that. I don't have a prescription, only a diagnosis; but to me the mental game is much more of a problem than any lack of talent. I'll withdraw now and let the Taliban tell me why I'm wrong.

OU-HSV
10/26/2010, 09:50 AM
great thread, he is my take on the future....

....Oh and you left out Blake Bell
Blake -I kinda wanna see if he can WR for the next 2 years, '11 and '12, that would be something.

Why would we want to take a QB with his potential and burn a couple years with him at WR? I mean from what I saw on his highlight reel, and also when I watched one or two high school games of his on espn, he's a legit QB. And mobile (at least against high school teams). I know it's tough to say anything college related about him yet since we haven't seen him. But if Landry was to ever get hurt, and/or Drew Allen didn't pan out, we'd want Blake to be totally ready to take the team over I would think.

madillsoonerfan5353
10/26/2010, 09:51 AM
No doubt we have the talent to be a dominant program. And there is no doubt that our coaches have the ability, experience, facilities and support to construct and guide a dominant program.

There is a mental consistency problem, though, that has reared its ugly head for the past several seasons. We sleep walk. We don't finish games. We take plays off. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Part of it is the fact that we're talking about 18-22 year-old males playing the game. Not NFL pros. And 18-22 year-old males have approximately the attention spans of Irish Setters. But that's Bob's job. He needs to get it done and not stand on the sideline with that "I can't believe it!" look on his face. I love the guy and wouldn't want anyone else to coach the Sooners for the foreseeable future. But that crap is getting very tedious.
And no left-coast woo-woo factory consultants are going to magically solve that. I don't have a prescription, only a diagnosis; but to me the mental game is much more of a problem than any lack of talent. I'll withdraw now and let the Taliban tell me why I'm wrong.

+1 Have some green!! :D

IronHorseSooner
10/26/2010, 10:41 AM
If we were to get to a BCS game this year, which, of course, is still within OUr power, then I would say that we are a year ahead of schedule. We are what we are- a young, but talented team. We have, by far, the most productive freshman class in the country. I know that some, to include myself, wanted the whole enchilada this year, but sometimes you need a game like Mizzou to teach these guys a lesson and to humble them.

With being #9 in the BCS at this point in the season, we can still get to the big one, as we could have another shot at Mizzou. A lot of football is left, and I don't think there will be any undefeated BCS conference teams this year.

That all being said, we need to shore up the DL. We have young guys who have the talent, they just need more experience.

oudavid1
10/26/2010, 03:32 PM
Why would we want to take a QB with his potential and burn a couple years with him at WR? I mean from what I saw on his highlight reel, and also when I watched one or two high school games of his on espn, he's a legit QB. And mobile (at least against high school teams). I know it's tough to say anything college related about him yet since we haven't seen him. But if Landry was to ever get hurt, and/or Drew Allen didn't pan out, we'd want Blake to be totally ready to take the team over I would think.

No no no, i meant he would be a QB apprentice, but i would want to get his athletic ability and size on the field. Texas A&M does it right now with Tanehill and it is working. I really would wanna see this just for fun, i dont think we need him there though.

OU-HSV
10/26/2010, 03:57 PM
No no no, i meant he would be a QB apprentice, but i would want to get his athletic ability and size on the field. Texas A&M does it right now with Tanehill and it is working. I really would wanna see this just for fun, i dont think we need him there though.

Ah, I see. I was thinking you were saying permanent move.

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 04:02 PM
You notice I didn't respond to any sunshine pumping thread.

Wait!

CRAP!

swardboy
10/26/2010, 04:12 PM
It was nice to see Brandon Caleb out there making a catch. Hard to believe he's a senior. Come to think of it, all our seniors want it NOW. That had to be a devastating loss to them. Keep hope alive boys.

swardboy
10/26/2010, 04:15 PM
Does anyone hear any reactions to Caleb Gastelum? He was home-schooled, and I believe played for NOAH. Saw some video and he certainly was a dominant LB. Number 45 for OU.

OUEngr1990
10/26/2010, 06:17 PM
makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside....

Every carry that Finch has made so far made me warm and fuzzy, and no, it's not cause I peed my pants :D

oudavid1
10/26/2010, 07:43 PM
Ah, I see. I was thinking you were saying permanent move.

oh no, i think he will be a pretty groovy qb.

aj44mc
10/26/2010, 09:58 PM
I for one am excited to see Archie Bradley get some time in a few years. I hope he doesn't go play Baseball in the pro's. Or maybe he can comeback when OU needs a qb in a few years and lead the team.

OU-HSV
10/26/2010, 10:57 PM
I for one am excited to see Archie Bradley get some time in a few years. I hope he doesn't go play Baseball in the pro's. Or maybe he can comeback when OU needs a qb in a few years and lead the team.

I've kinda kept up with him this year. I've listened to some of their games on the radio and watched some of one of their games when it was replayed on t.v. I don't think Archie has had a great year. But it's hard to tell because B.A. has been running the ball a crap ton this year. I'm still going to try to make it to a game so I can see Archie and B.A. play in person and see how he does.

prrriiide
10/27/2010, 12:55 AM
Hay...HayHAYHAYHAAAYYYY!!!

This is a SUNSHINE-PUMPING thread!!!

IF YOU AREN'T PUMPING SUNSHINE OR SHOWING ME A SPECTACULAR SET OF BEWBS,

GTFO OF MY THREAD!!!

TYVM. :D

Sooners78
10/27/2010, 01:40 PM
If Finch stays healthy, I predict at least one heisman.