PDA

View Full Version : What do you expect from the Thuder in 2010-11?

stoopified
10/25/2010, 06:33 PM
I honestly don't know what to think?The Thunder has thrown me off balance by jumping from 23 wins to 50 in one season.Trying to be objective about it I say the Thunder will be somewhere bewteen 45-52 wins.I guess I figure OKC is more likely to slide back a little then move up.My reasoning ?First they deoend on the Big Three(Durant,Green,Westbrook) so much and they were remarkably healthy last year.Secondly the six supporting regulars all played their parts so well,nobody thinking they were bigger than they are.Can Kristic,Collison,Sephalosha,Maynor,Harden,Ibaka all perform as well as they did last year?Will anyone develop an ego problem in this group ? How does Aldrich fit in? Does he disrupt the Supporting Six rotation? Finally there is coaching,Brooks has done a marvelous job BUT he has 1 2/3 years experience,does he continue upward,level off,or drop off?

I hoestly don't know how to answer that because of Brooks' short coaching career so my best guess is we still in the 50 win neighborhood (+ or - 4games).

Serge Ibaka
10/25/2010, 07:27 PM
Dropping off this season would mean missing the playoffs.

I don't see that.

But the West is going to be weird this year--50 wins could mean a 4 seed this upcoming season (or higher!).

I still expect:
1. At least 50 wins. Even if the Thunder cannot stay healthy like they did in 09/10, this should be a realistic bench-mark.

2. At least a 4 seed in the West. I think they could be 3rd. I know it's hip to like the Thunder, but a lot of national-media types are even predicting them as high as 2nd in the West.

3. A Playoff Series win. I think they can make it to the WCF (or further!) though.

Lott's Bandana
10/25/2010, 08:47 PM
An "n"?

sorry, couldn't help myself

soonerbrat
10/26/2010, 07:35 AM
I'll let you know what I think after the game tomorrow night :D

Dwight
10/26/2010, 06:32 PM
I will be disappointed with anything <50 wins.

It's pretty much the same team as last year, only better (hopefully).

oudavid1
10/26/2010, 08:16 PM
Dropping off this season would mean missing the playoffs.

I don't see that.

But the West is going to be weird this year--50 wins could mean a 4 seed this upcoming season (or higher!).

I still expect:
1. At least 50 wins. Even if the Thunder cannot stay healthy like they did in 09/10, this should be a realistic bench-mark.

2. At least a 4 seed in the West. I think they could be 3rd. I know it's hip to like the Thunder, but a lot of national-media types are even predicting them as high as 2nd in the West.

3. A Playoff Series win. I think they can make it to the WCF (or further!) though.

I will be disappointed with anything <50 wins.

It's pretty much the same team as last year, only better (hopefully).

I would be happy in the 40s, i keep it realistic.

SOONER44EVER
10/26/2010, 11:36 PM
At least 50 wins and not having to play the Lakers in the first round. I've got my season tix and I'm raedy for Thunder ball!!

Collier11
10/28/2010, 01:33 AM
Dont care about wins, I expect a top 4 seed

soonervegas
10/28/2010, 10:35 AM
I think 53 wins should be their goal. That would probably be good for a 3 seed this year.

I expect them to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Anything over that would be awesome.

CatfishSooner
10/29/2010, 01:36 AM
NBA Champions!!