PDA

View Full Version : CALM DOWN EVERYONE

Boomer38Sooner
10/25/2010, 05:56 PM
To all of you who are complaining and moaning and saying to fire the whole staff, stop already. You sound so ridiculous! CALM THE HELL DOWN EVERYONE!

WE ARE OKLAHOMA! We lost 1 game. I repeat. ONE FREAKING GAME. Its not the end of the world. Nobody is perfect. Our boys tried hard on Saturday. We just made too many mistakes and that's part of football. We'll rebound. I promise. We have so much talent and potential, so quit freaking out.

Also, being 6-1 at this point feels a ton better than being 4-3 at this point last year.
And also, at least we aren't Texas.

"Have a great day" :les:

badger
10/25/2010, 06:01 PM
And how, might I ask you, are we supposed to win 47 games in a row if we lost 1 game, I repeat, ONE FREAKING GAME???

:P

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 06:03 PM
So, you're happy with this program? We should have won every title game we have been in. Stoops needs to match Bud with consecutive wins, or we find someone who can.

There's only one Oklahoma, pal.

tommieharris91
10/25/2010, 06:04 PM
We can't even do a meltdown right.

TXBOOMER
10/25/2010, 06:04 PM
It is a big deal if you are hoping for # 8. Being the initial BCS #1 gave us blind hope. Obviously this team isn't ready for that but that takes 72 hours to accept.

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 06:07 PM
It is a big deal if you are hoping for # 8. Being the initial BCS #1 gave us blind hope. Obviously this team isn't ready for that but that takes 72 hours to accept.

You aren't getting this, I never ever ever want to lose. Sorry, losing is for losers and we can never tolerate it. The second losing becomes okay then this program might as well take up water polo.

There are some here who get this, they understand the value of not losing.. ever. It can and will be done, we just need a new staff who understands this. This isn't unreasonable, this is OU football.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/25/2010, 06:08 PM
I personally love this team. I never expected us to go undefeated... this year. And I still expect us to compete for a Big XII championship.... this year.

I think we can take Mizzou if we get them in Arlington. In fact, I am rooting for them vs. NU. I know everyone wanted an OU-NU for the Big XII and for "old times sake", but I am sour on that now. I just want NU to go away and I don't care if the door does hit them in the arse.

Taking on this Mizzou team and seeing what we can cook up a second time through where they don't have home field does a lot more for me both in the short term and going forward.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 06:08 PM
Maybe one of these type threads will work...however I believe that until Bob leaves some of these whiners and moaners will never be happy. SoonerFans has a Smack Central for them to post that crap.

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 06:11 PM
Maybe one of these type threads will work...however I believe that until Bob leaves some of these whiners and moaners will never be happy. SoonerFans has a Smack Central for them to post that crap.

I will only be happy with winning. Losing is for losers. Do you guys think we could pay enough to get Switzer back?

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 06:18 PM

Well it didn't happen and whining and moaning isn't going to change anything. Bob spoiled the heck out of us in his 2nd year and took our team to 13-0. We made the MNC three more times with one loss. This Season losing late and not being in a BCS Bowl last year probably didn't put us in a good position. Bama won it all and lost a game this year and will have a better chance than we do to rebound. I believe that Bob can get us to a BCS Bowl Game this year and position us for a much better run at the MNC next year. Nobody and I mean nobody thought this team would be undefeated going into the Mizzou game and nobody thought we'd win a MNC this year. We had a shot and we didn't win on the road again. Yeah it sucks but finishing now is lots more important now that bitching and moaning. I'm not getting on you just expanding on what you said

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 06:28 PM
I will only be happy with winning. Losing is for losers. Do you guys think we could pay enough to get Switzer back?

Your opinion is assinine and just a cheap shot. We were 8-5 last year in a non BCS Bowl and winning out was really our only way to get #8. It didn't happen but dismantling the Coaching Staff now would probably set our Team back 5-10 years in making it to another MNC. Folks like you only see the little dream in your head and reality isn't something that evidently hasn't crossed your mind. Be mad, kick your dog, smash your TV, post crazy **** on the Internet ifnyou want but ....nothing will get you closer to your dream than rooting for this Team to win the Big XII South and win a BCS Bowl. If we do that...we'll have a much better shot at it next year.

Boomer38Sooner
10/25/2010, 06:29 PM
Some of you guys are ridiculous. Grow up people. I hate losing too but it happens to everyone. Alabama, Ohio State, TEXAS... They have all lost. Everyone is acting like the world is going to end. Seriously, I'm 17 and I'm being so much more mature than some of you people!!!!

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 06:30 PM
Some of you guys are ridiculous. Grow up people. I hate losing too but it happens to everyone. Alabama, Ohio State, TEXAS... They have all lost. Everyone is acting like the world is going to end. Seriously, I'm 17 and I'm being so much more mature than some of you people!!!!

Good job.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 06:37 PM

I kinda had that accepted already - I've watched every game except USU and not a lot screamed BCS title to me. I've called this team a "tweener" team; not a rebuild job, but a team to get from between what we had last year and up to elite level or close by the end of this one. I still think that is possible, but it won't be a breeze. We have 6-7 remaining games and only 2 of them at home; and those appear to be the easiest 2. Still lots to play for - the pokes, division, possible CCG and win a bowl game to launch recruiting and next year's team. How the guys finish this year is still very important.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 06:40 PM

But most of us are toddlers and we throw tantrums when things veer away from what we want.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 06:49 PM
I personally love this team. I never expected us to go undefeated... this year. And I still expect us to compete for a Big XII championship.... this year.

I couldn't agree more and lord knows I hate being agreeable. :P

But it wouldn't even take a conference crown to make me very happy with this squad. If we got into one of those road games just like Mizzou and fought it out with focus and composure to the bitter end, I'd be happy. Something a title squat *must* do a couple of games a year to win it all. It would be a great confidence boost to the core returning players of next year's squad.

aero
10/25/2010, 06:50 PM
Well it didn't happen and whining and moaning isn't going to change anything. Bob spoiled the heck out of us in his 2nd year and took our team to 13-0. We made the MNC three more times with one loss. This Season losing late and not being in a BCS Bowl last year probably didn't put us in a good position. Bama won it all and lost a game this year and will have a better chance than we do to rebound. I believe that Bob can get us to a BCS Bowl Game this year and position us for a much better run at the MNC next year. Nobody and I mean nobody thought this team would be undefeated going into the Mizzou game and nobody thought we'd win a MNC this year. We had a shot and we didn't win on the road again. Yeah it sucks but finishing now is lots more important now that bitching and moaning. I'm not getting on you just expanding on what you said

True words. I don't mind a little questioning of some things and maybe even a little bitchin, but I can't think of another coach I'd rather have and we're not in a bad position. And I think we've got some good talent representing OU well. Actually we are better than I'd thought we'd be at this point. Guess everyone got a little excited there with our little win streak. I'd be extremely happy with another B12 title and a BCS bowl win. Especially if we won the B12 over mizzou. BOOMER!

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2010, 06:51 PM
Fire the waterboy!

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 06:52 PM
How the guys finish this year is still very important.

Yep

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 06:52 PM
And how, might I ask you, are we supposed to win 47 games in a row if we lost 1 game, I repeat, ONE FREAKING GAME???

47 :confused: :confused: I must assume you mean 48 because 47 has been done before. It's like sooo '50s.

stoopified
10/25/2010, 06:55 PM
True dat

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 07:10 PM
So, you're saying you don't want Switzer back?

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 07:16 PM
So, you're saying you don't want Switzer back?

When is the last time you saw Barry in person ?

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 07:20 PM
When is the last time you saw Barry in person ?

Last year in the airport he and his wife both were wearing fur coats, seriously.

Dude, I've been messing with you the whole time. You guys are too gullible.

cherokeebrewer
10/25/2010, 07:22 PM
CALM DOWN?...CALM DOWN?...My mom never told me to calm down.

EnragedOUfan
10/25/2010, 07:49 PM
So, you're happy with this program? We should have won every title game we have been in. Stoops needs to match Bud with consecutive wins, or we find someone who can.

There's only one Oklahoma, pal.

Alright, quit being stupid. Who is the better candidate? When you answer this, we can talk. No one comes close to Stoop's track record in accomplishments this last decade. The only person who needs not to be fired, but slowly ran off is Brent Venables.......

soonerboy_odanorth
10/25/2010, 08:07 PM
I will only be happy with winning. Losing is for losers.

How very Ricky Bobby of you. ;)

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 08:16 PM
How very Ricky Bobby of you. ;)

If you ain't 1st your last. ;)

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 08:19 PM
Alright, quit being stupid. Who is the better candidate? When you answer this, we can talk. No one comes close to Stoop's track record in accomplishments this last decade. The only person who needs not to be fired, but slowly ran off is Brent Venables.......

Umm.. Lee Corso or Lou Holtz. ESPN would love us. These guys both know how to give killer speeches. Kids would flock to OU in droves.

KBoomer11
10/25/2010, 08:51 PM
I think whining about the whiners is even more annoying than the whiners. It gets old. Both of em.

OU Engineer
10/25/2010, 09:13 PM
Dont worry, I havent forgotten about the John Blake era yet, so Im still very very happy!

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say I knew our team wasnt MNC caliber this year... but damn them for getting our hopes up!!!!

GottaHavePride
10/25/2010, 10:46 PM
CLAM DOWN! EVERBODY JUSt CLAM DOWN!

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 11:06 PM
I CANT HEAR FOR ALL THE YELLING!

King Barry's Back
10/25/2010, 11:12 PM

Nobody has that kind of money.

And screw Switzer. He lost some games too!

Cornfed
10/25/2010, 11:16 PM
This makes about as much sence asa velvet painting of a dolphin and a whale gettin it on!!!

King Barry's Back
10/25/2010, 11:16 PM

ST -- Don't get me wrong. I agree with the essence of what you are saying -- but "Nobody and I mean nobody thought thought this team would be undefeated going into the Mizzou game" seems off the mark.

As I recall, most everybody picked us to beat Texas, and most everybody picked Texas to be our toughest game. So that pretty much implies a consensus that we are undefeated through the first half of the season.

King Barry's Back
10/25/2010, 11:19 PM
47 :confused: :confused: I must assume you mean 48 because 47 has been done before. It's like sooo '50s.

Yeah. Retro is so over.

King Barry's Back
10/25/2010, 11:21 PM
Umm.. Lee Corso or Lou Holtz. ESPN would love us. These guys both know how to give killer speeches. Kids would flock to OU in droves.

hahahaha. I'd be afraid to put Corso on our sideline. Think it might signal the end of the earth.