PDA

View Full Version : Please fire this staff already..

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 04:35 PM
6-1 isn't working for me. I'm tired of not getting good athletes. To lose on the road by any margin isn't acceptable.

Wake up sheep, this is OU football. We can't accept losing at any level, any game... period!! Bob, I hope you have a good realtor to sell that castle, because you're out of here... BOOK IT, jerk. :mad:

jbstrick
10/25/2010, 04:37 PM
:pop:

En_Fuego
10/25/2010, 05:05 PM
LOL....and take that John Blake dude with you.:rolleyes:

Oldnslo
10/25/2010, 05:06 PM
sometimes, the other team wins. there are many reasons for this.

Take a deep breath. It's a football game. Sure, we had the table set for some big things, but for the loss. Might have even gotten #8. I thought we had a shot at it with 'Bama losing early and things shaping up as they were. But we're not dead yet. And there's a whole lot of football yet to be played.

badger
10/25/2010, 05:09 PM
I say we bring in that Chris Pedersen from Boise State. I think surely if a coach wins at Smurf Turf, they can win at a Big 12 program, as long as it's one that has won both a conference and a national championship so you have some tradition to build on, rather than just start over. Heck, I hope he also has a son that he can start at quarterback so that at least the leader of the offense is familiar with his system once he arrives. I think a former Boise State coach would be very good at instilling the value of a non-intramural football program at the Division 1 level in the Big 12, even if they don't get all of the vacation time that they might prefer.

agoo758
10/25/2010, 05:24 PM
I say we bring in that Chris Pedersen from Boise State. I think surely if a coach wins at Smurf Turf, they can win at a Big 12 program, as long as it's one that has won both a conference and a national championship so you have some tradition to build on, rather than just start over. Heck, I hope he also has a son that he can start at quarterback so that at least the leader of the offense is familiar with his system once he arrives. I think a former Boise State coach would be very good at instilling the value of a non-intramural football program at the Division 1 level in the Big 12, even if they don't get all of the vacation time that they might prefer.

This never stops being :pop:

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 05:32 PM
We're all over it. Coaches should have their walking papers any day now.

badger
10/25/2010, 05:33 PM
This never stops being :pop:

I know that I'm not funny, clever or even witty... because I am Dan Hawkins, and I am inferior at everything involving green turf. My tirade? Mike Gundy did it better. My win over Oklahoma? Boise beat them that year too, as did Texas Tech, and it wasn't even on a BS ref call or two to get them into the endzone. Beating Georgia? Hell, no matter who wins that game we'll be hearing "Battle Hymn of the Republic." I have become inferiority, destroyer of football. Now we are all sons of buffalo b!tches.

TXBOOMER
10/25/2010, 05:37 PM
Stoops has this program in a great place. We lost a game we should not have lost. *hit happens. #8 will have to wait.

agoo758
10/25/2010, 05:40 PM
I know that I'm not funny, clever or even witty... because I am Dan Hawkins, and I am inferior at everything involving green turf. My tirade? Mike Gundy did it better. My win over Oklahoma? WEST VIRGINIA beat them that year too, as did Texas Tech, and it wasn't even on a BS ref call or two to get them into the endzone. Beating Georgia? Hell, no matter who wins that game we'll be hearing "Battle Hymn of the Republic." I have become inferiority, destroyer of football. Now we are all sons of buffalo b!tches.

FIFY

stoopified
10/25/2010, 05:46 PM
I say we bring in that Chris Pedersen from Boise State. I think surely if a coach wins at Smurf Turf, they can win at a Big 12 program, as long as it's one that has won both a conference and a national championship so you have some tradition to build on, rather than just start over. Heck, I hope he also has a son that he can start at quarterback so that at least the leader of the offense is familiar with his system once he arrives. I think a former Boise State coach would be very good at instilling the value of a non-intramural football program at the Division 1 level in the Big 12, even if they don't get all of the vacation time that they might prefer. :D:D:DYou forgot something.....oh yeah,I'll fix it for ya.

rainiersooner
10/25/2010, 05:49 PM
Sarcasm meter broken.

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 06:01 PM
Sarcasm meter broken.

I knew we would have some takers. :D

Serge Ibaka
10/25/2010, 06:04 PM
Sarcasm granted, but Saturday was still a coaching disaster. Idon'tcarewhatyousay.

It's been happening a lot, lately.

Ten years ago we could win with lots of Blake's crappy recruits. Then what happened?

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 06:05 PM
Sarcasm granted, but Saturday was still a coaching disaster. Idon'tcarewhatyousay.

Ten years ago we could win with lots of Blake's crappy recruits. Then what happened?

Is this double sarcasm? You're probably right though, Blake would have dominated the Big 12 given enough time and money. :D

slh1234
10/25/2010, 06:06 PM

11 years ago, OU was 7 - 5 with all those "Blake's crappy recruits." then what happened?

Soonermagik
10/25/2010, 06:09 PM
11 years ago, OU was 7 - 5 with all those "Blake's crappy recruits." then what happened?

You don't mean that... take it back.

85sooners
10/25/2010, 06:18 PM
:gary:

jbstrick
10/25/2010, 06:42 PM
I knew we would have some takers. :D

I knew better than to take the bait.

tulsaoilerfan
10/25/2010, 06:55 PM
Stoops has this program in a great place. We lost a game we should not have lost. *hit happens. #8 will have to wait.

I'm not sure number 8 will ever happen with BV in charge of the defense

ashley
10/25/2010, 07:31 PM

No, it was a player disaster.

prrriiide
10/25/2010, 09:12 PM
I'm not sure number 8 will ever happen with BV in charge of the defense

I don't know.

I do know that there is sumpin' goin' on on the defensive side of the ball that ain't right. I mean, if a 60-70% Adrian Taylor is our best option at DT, WTF have the coaches been doing in their recruiting? I mean, when we have an elite DT like Tommy or GK, do they just take a couple of years off in recruiting DTs? McFarland is a season away from living up to his hype when he signed, and I don't know that he'll ever be in GK's class. Where are the elite DTs from the 2007/2008 classes?

Did Gabbert even get hurried by a DT at all on Saturday? I know Beal got in there a couple of times, but I don't recall seeing the DTs ever being an issue AT ALL for the Mizz offense.

I can take an offense's blocking scheme creating mismatches and opening holes for the RBs. That happens to an extent in most games, and that can be fixed with in-game adjustments. But our DL was getting blown off of the ball every play, and it wasn't so much blocking scheme as it was our DL just getting whupped every down.

And yes, I know the OP was tongue planted firmly in cheek.

OU Engineer
10/25/2010, 09:16 PM
I know I just started a thread questioning the fact, but I agree whole heartedly with this thread.

I am very happy with where we are.

Its not that I dont want to fire any of our staff. Its more that Im wondering why after 4 and 6 years respectively they havent been offered/taken a head coaching job?

We used to be a (successful) head coaching factory... and now?

Kadosh
10/26/2010, 01:43 AM
I think we need to hire more coaches - a 4th quarter coach and an away games coach. Seems our players are kept in a vacuum that there are only 3 quarters in a game, and every game is played in Norman.

C&CDean
10/26/2010, 08:49 AM

WTF do you know? You're an Obama humper.

bmjlr
10/26/2010, 09:15 AM
Fire Jason White!!!!! Oh wait...nevermind. D*mn!

TigerNuts
10/26/2010, 09:40 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/576273/circleoflifein1stplace_medium.gif

3rdgensooner
10/26/2010, 09:41 AM
^^ Dude, Stoops owns Pinkel.

TigerNuts
10/26/2010, 09:49 AM
Not in the modern era (2010-)

:)

Sooner Brewcrew
10/26/2010, 09:59 AM
sometimes, the other team wins. there are many reasons for this.

Take a deep breath. It's a football game. Sure, we had the table set for some big things, but for the loss. Might have even gotten #8. I thought we had a shot at it with 'Bama losing early and things shaping up as they were. But we're not dead yet. And there's a whole lot of football yet to be played.

I agree totally. Things happen. It's very hard to run the table. things could be a lot worse this year. There is still a chance for it to be a pretty good year. Not saying I'm happy about the loss but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2010, 10:07 AM
TigerNuts, you what is one of the great things about sports? There is always a next year. We'll see you in Norman in '11 and I wouldn't be surprised if OU is carry the #1 BCS tag again. Except this time, we will in fact be the best team in the land.

TigerNuts
10/26/2010, 10:17 AM
TigerNuts, you what is one of the great things about sports? There is always a next year. We'll see you in Norman in '11 and I wouldn't be surprised if OU is carry the #1 BCS tag again. Except this time, we will in fact be the best team in the land.

I know, man, I'm just giving you a hard time. It was a great game and the Sooners are still a great team (and will be for the forseeable future). I'm actually looking forward to playing OU and UT every year b/c it's time to start stacking our program up against the best and stop worrying about beating kU, KSU, ISU, etc. Doesn't mean we'll win or anything, but at some point we've got to elevate our mindset to the point where we believe we can compete with upper-level competition. Plus, there won't be any of this BS about not playing OU or UT in a given year (I'm looking at you, kU). We will know exactly where everyone stands.

goingoneight
10/26/2010, 10:43 AM
Missouri made all the right moves last weekend. First time I've ever seen OU cower to Pinkel under Stoops, but it happens. If not for luck, we'd have probably lost in 2002 too.

THE-JROD
10/26/2010, 10:45 AM

We may not even have to wait that long....very good possibility of seeing them in Dallas :D

ThinMan
10/26/2010, 10:49 AM
Not in the modern era (2010-)

:)

The retards from Missouri are exactly why I want Missouri in the Big 12 CCG this year.

BoulderSooner79
10/26/2010, 11:09 AM
The retards from Missouri are exactly why I want Missouri in the Big 12 CCG this year.

I agree, but I'm not putting TigerNuts in that group. He'd be on OK fan if he was a fan of OK.

(I pre-apologized for that one):P

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 11:16 AM
Every time someone's pulls a win out of their *** against us...we endure the trolls like tigernutz and tiger4life. You won't see them tell you what mizzou message board we'd be welcome at. We give our opposition fans quite a bit of latitude every year and sometimes we get a few decent posters that understand they are a guest but most times they are trolls who come here to boast and **** on our internet shoes.

I call them how I see them.

The Gary Pinkle thread drew them to the board and they have never left since their Team pulled off a win at Home that evidently not many folks thought would happen. They hoped it would happen but they didn't bet the house on it.

Hell...mizzou is still getting 6 to 7.5 points this week as they head into Nebraska.

Soonermagik
10/26/2010, 12:04 PM
This Missouri team will fall. They may go down to Nebraska. I hope they don't, because they won't face the same OU team that played on their home field.

It will be 80% OU fans and this team will knock their head off. We all know how good Pinkle is in Big 12 championship games lol.

Kadosh
10/26/2010, 01:56 PM
We give our opposition fans quite a bit of latitude every year and sometimes we get a few decent posters that understand they are a guest but most times they are trolls who come here to boast and **** on our internet shoes.

Latitude my @ss. Any reference to an opposing team on this forum has some negative connotation to it - bugeaters, coon dogs, agroid, etc. That clearly says welcome to soonerfans.com?! Heck, even the Texas...oh sorry, Sexat... board is more courteous that SF.com, and it hurts me to say that.

Show some form of respect up front, instead of eating crow later on.

C&CDean
10/26/2010, 01:58 PM
You're still posting Kadosh. I think that shows great latitude.

Oldnslo
10/26/2010, 02:15 PM
I, for instance, suck.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/26/2010, 02:19 PM
Latitude my @ss. Any reference to an opposing team on this forum has some negative connotation to it - bugeaters, coon dogs, agroid, etc. That clearly says welcome to soonerfans.com?! Heck, even the Texas...oh sorry, Sexat... board is more courteous that SF.com, and it hurts me to say that.

Show some form of respect up front, instead of eating crow later on.

Don't forget "d**che". As in Kadosh is a Ka-d**che.

I think rather, if you actually have ever set your envy and whining aside to actually read, you would find us commonly referred to on other fan sites as gooners, loser sooners, land thieves, zero u, paperclips, trailer u, dust bowl u, f-in hillbillies... it's a fun list and it goes on and on and on.

But I'm afraid the list describing your screen presence pretty much begins and ends with d**che.

Sorry.

EnragedOUfan
10/26/2010, 02:20 PM
WTF do you know? You're an Obama humper.

So what you're saying is being patriotic and supporting the president of the United States is a bad thing?..............??????????

TigerNuts
10/26/2010, 03:36 PM

It was a joke, dude, relax. If you read my posts you'll notice I've complimented your team several times and never once talked about how great Mizzou is. I know full well where we've come from and what our status is in the landscape of college football. But, I'm also not going to crap on my team (or OU) and down-play the game last weekend.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 11:53 AM
It was a joke, dude, relax. If you read my posts you'll notice I've complimented your team several times and never once talked about how great Mizzou is. I know full well where we've come from and what our status is in the landscape of college football. But, I'm also not going to crap on my team (or OU) and down-play the game last weekend.

Well...I know OUr Team had a bad night on the road but I'm still sticking to my guns that Mizboo isn't all that great and it must suck this morning digging corncobs out of their butts.

soonercastor
10/31/2010, 12:01 PM
it must suck this morning digging corncobs out of their butts.

:pop: :pop: