PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Tailgate

C&CDean
10/25/2010, 03:25 PM
OK, we lost a game. It's time to get the **** over it and move on. I'd just as soon forget about last Saturday and start focusing on this Saturday. There's a lot of ball to play, and who knows where this team might end up in January? Just think, we could all be whorns, and how bad would that be?

Details for the CU tailgate:

Time: Tailgate will start around 2:30ish and the food will be ready about 3:30ish. Or whatever. I'll be there around 11:00 or so to set up, and the beer will be cold by noon or so.

Where: Same place as always - west parking lot of Casa Blanca building on the corner of Jenkins and Boyd in Norman, USA.

Menu: Chili. Yes, we usually don't have chili until the final game, however, GHP and a few others specifically requested it for the CU game and that's what we're gonna do. There'll be beef chili, deer chili, and elk chili. There'll be wimpy and warm. Momma will also have some hot dogs and Slovacek's on hand. We'll have cornbread, crackers, fritos, cheese, onion, sour cream, etc. for the chili. If you'd like to bring something that goes with chili or a dessert that would be greatly appreciated. If you'd like to bring your own version of chili please do. Momma kindly requests that you bring it in a crock pot or some type of electrical cooking dealio so we can plug it in and keep it warm.

Beverages: We'll have the usual assortment of beverages in the usual amount. When they're gone, they're gone. If you don't like what we provide, please feel free to BYOB.

Who is welcome: Once again, everyone. Even you Leroid.

Cost: As always, free. Please feel free to donate to the tip jar and/or purchase raffle tickets from Homey by the TV. Without your generous donations we cannot continue the tailgates in the high-fallutin' style to which we've become accustomed.

Tips from management: Enjoy yourself in a great way. Please be responsible and insure those friends/family you bring with you do the same. Please do not tell your entire neighborhood there's a free tailgate so bring all your relations on over and grub/drink for nada. Please do not bitch if we run out of food/drinks. Please let me know if you see someone being irresponsible or displaying any behavior that is out-of-line. Please introduce yourself if you are a poster so we know who you are and identify any friends/family who are with you.

GottaHavePride
10/25/2010, 10:36 PM
WOOOO! IN!

soonercruiser
10/27/2010, 11:24 AM
What time does the game start?

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 12:27 PM
Who are we playing?

olevetonahill
10/27/2010, 12:36 PM
Who are we playing?

MissZoo Dontcha know nuthin ?

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 12:42 PM
MissZoo Dontcha know nuthin ?

Again? F**K!

olevetonahill
10/27/2010, 12:43 PM
Again? F**K!

No ya dumas , this will be our 1st meeting this year .;)

StoopTroup
10/27/2010, 12:48 PM
No ya dumas , this will be our 1st meeting this year .;)

I'm gonna go erase some stuff on my DVR then....BRB.

olevetonahill
10/27/2010, 03:28 PM
I'm gonna go erase some stuff on my DVR then....BRB.

Mulligan :D

C&CDean
10/29/2010, 04:12 PM
Emergency request: Momma just told me she's not gonna have time to bake cornbread, and the person who was going to make cornbread isn't going to be able to make it to the tailgate. So, if anyone would like to make some cornbread and bring it that'd be great.

C&CDean
10/29/2010, 04:24 PM
Got a person already on the CB. That being said, if you make unique cornbread (like jalapeno/cheese...hint...hint) then bring it on.

proud gonzo
10/30/2010, 04:06 AM
I can't help with cornbread, but i might be able to help with pie for the Tech game. :D

AlbqSooner
10/30/2010, 04:35 AM
I can't help with cornbread, but i might be able to help with pie for the Tech game. :D

Please don't confuse people by merging two games.:D

btk108
10/30/2010, 09:13 AM
I'm getting the fried pies for TT, ya'll will just have to wait. And if Lisa doesn't get one this time....we may be having roasted Doleo in the parking lot of Jerry's World.

Lott's Bandana
10/30/2010, 09:51 AM
Hells yeah!

You better make sure Momma gets her pie!

olevetonahill
10/30/2010, 09:53 AM
Hells yeah!

You better make sure Momma gets her pie!

Im branging her her very Own pint of OVJ ;)

btk108
10/30/2010, 08:27 PM
Im branging her her very Own pint of OVJ ;)

Where the fark is mine?

Lott's Bandana
10/31/2010, 12:41 AM
Great time again on a beautiful, if subdued night. The Crab Chili was tremendous!

Got to meet Mrs. StoopTroup, have buffalo chili and watch Tulsa beat Domer.

A good night.

Thanks Momma and Dean...once again!

SanJoaquinSooner
10/31/2010, 12:15 PM
Was there any cornbread?

soonerbrat
10/31/2010, 01:14 PM
Got a person already on the CB. That being said, if you make unique cornbread (like jalapeno/cheese...hint...hint) then bring it on.

did you get any of the jalapeno cheese cornbread I brought? i don't think i put enough jalapeno in it but it turned out pretty good, I thought. it was my first attempt at it.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 01:55 PM
I didn't even eat my Wife's Jalepeno CB Brat. I went with fritos and the deer chili. Awesomenes IMO.

proud gonzo
10/31/2010, 02:09 PM
the chili was fantastic, as always. awesome tailgate again!

GottaHavePride
10/31/2010, 04:19 PM
The antelope chili was AMAZING. Heck yes. And whoever brought the cookies? Good call.

Oh, and whoever made the square pan of the jalapeno / cheesy cornbread? Holy cow. Deliciousness.

C&CDean
10/31/2010, 07:56 PM
The antelope chili was AMAZING. Heck yes. And whoever brought the cookies? Good call.

Oh, and whoever made the square pan of the jalapeno / cheesy cornbread? Holy cow. Deliciousness.

That would be Trina, Mrs. ST.

Oh yeah, momma says "if Carl is bringing fried pies, peach or cherry. If anybody touches my peach or cherry I will kill them." Her words, not mine.

C&CDean
10/31/2010, 07:57 PM
Yes, this means you doleo you ****ing tard.

GottaHavePride
10/31/2010, 10:20 PM
Heh.

GottaHavePride
10/31/2010, 10:48 PM
Oh, and my GF said it was nice meeting all you lunatics. ;)

soonerboomer93
11/1/2010, 02:26 AM
I ate chili

It had beans in it

It was good

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 09:01 AM
did you get any of the jalapeno cheese cornbread I brought? i don't think i put enough jalapeno in it but it turned out pretty good, I thought. it was my first attempt at it.

I don't know if I did or not. I tried a couple different ones and they were all good. Thanks a lot for stepping up and helping out.

There's a few things in life you can't get too much of. Sex. OU football. Harry Potter. Pepper. Garlic. Jalapenos. Pie.

soonerbrat
11/1/2010, 09:57 AM
i dunno, i think i've had too much garlic before. ever eaten at the stinking rose in San Fran?

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 01:33 PM
Nope. Still, it's physically impossible to eat too much garlic. When I do mongolian bbq, I put a couple ladles of that stuff on top, then the dude who's cooking it adds another one to it, and it's still not too much. We're talking soup ladles of garlic here. MMMMMM good.

soonerbrat
11/1/2010, 01:37 PM
Nope. Still, it's physically impossible to eat too much garlic. When I do mongolian bbq, I put a couple ladles of that stuff on top, then the dude who's cooking it adds another one to it, and it's still not too much. We're talking soup ladles of garlic here. MMMMMM good.

ok, well next time you go to San Fran, go eat at the stinking rose. you'll love it. they even have garlic in the dessert and you won't have to worry about ANYONE getting too close to you for a few days :D

http://www.thestinkingrose.com/

btk108
11/1/2010, 02:28 PM

I found some pickled garlic at the store....I'm lovin it...the wife, not so much :D

btk108
11/1/2010, 02:29 PM
Oh yeah, momma says "if Carl is bringing fried pies, peach or cherry. If anybody touches my peach or cherry I will kill them." Her words, not mine.

Will have them there for TT...and she gets both, I'll hide 'em.

StoopTroup
11/1/2010, 02:57 PM
Vampires are sad in their pants after reading this.

Howzit
11/1/2010, 03:03 PM
That would be Trina, Mrs. ST.

Well I sure won't be touching her peach or cherry.

Anymore.

C&CDean
11/1/2010, 03:12 PM
You'd have to be there first mister.

Howzit
11/1/2010, 03:13 PM
Dad's day. Quality time with Jr.

And my mommy.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/1/2010, 03:36 PM
and my penis