PDA

View Full Version : I listened to the Mizzou radio crew call the game...

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 03:02 PM
And I sure hope that Joe C. attempts to hire Mike Kelly from their crew...

For the 3rd time, I listened to Kelly call the OU-mu game and I always come away impressed. Obviously, they should know about their own football team, but Kelly had a thorough knowledge of OU and about every player that stepped on the field..He calls such a neutral game its hard to believe he works for the Tigers. Some of the things I noticed:

He kept talking about what the OU safeties were doing and how they were shadowing one way or the other...and said what plays would work against that defensive formation..

Expressed surprise throughout the game that OU wasn't bringing extra pressure.

Had obviously done his homework on Finch.

Brought up this story...talked about how OU had beaten mu in the past by dropping everybody into coverage, but the dline was getting pressure..Chase Daniel came to the sideline and told Pinkel "I can't tell where the blitz is coming from." Pinkel looked at Daniel and said "Thats because they aren't blitzing."

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 03:52 PM
Brought up this story...talked about how OU had beaten mu in the past by dropping everybody into coverage, but the dline was getting pressure..Chase Daniel came to the sideline and told Pinkel "I can't tell where the blitz is coming from." Pinkel looked at Daniel and said "Thats because they aren't blitzing."

:P :)

oudivesherpa
10/25/2010, 03:58 PM
Bring Gerald McCoy back.

oudavid1
10/25/2010, 04:40 PM
FIRE JAY NORVELL!!!!!

Sorry, wrong thread.

Lott's Bandana
10/25/2010, 05:06 PM
I listened to that crew last year(?) when aggy went there.

They actually are excellent and very professional without losing the college football vibe.

SoonerJack
10/25/2010, 09:07 PM
Kelly's pretty good. The other guy (John Cadillac??), not so much.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 09:12 PM
yeah he sounds like a drunk hee haw cast member