PDA

View Full Version : From Spencer Hall:

MikeInNorman
10/25/2010, 02:51 PM
Spencer Hall writes for EDSBS, a hilarious college football blog, and its parent, SBNation. The Alphabetical is one of his weekly submissions to both, and contains this interesting comment:

F is for Faurot Field. The piece of real estate surrendered wholesale and without opposition by the Sooner secondary on Saturday. If you need an answer for how this happened on Oklahoma's part: Willie Martinez, everyone! Without taking credit away from Mizzou, it should be mentioned that until this year Georgia's defense enjoyed nothing more than watching the ball as it sailed into receivers' hands before sound tackling brought opponents down 15, sometimes 20 yards deep in the secondary. If OU's secondary appeared to be porous, forgiving, and affectionate to Mizzou's receivers on Saturday, there's a grand reason for that, and it's in charge of the Oklahoma secondary.

Comments?

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2010/10/25/1772101/college-football-week-8-recap-bcs-bowls

CaliBornSoonerBred
10/25/2010, 02:57 PM
So fire Willie??

KantoSooner
10/25/2010, 03:01 PM
We had far more serious problems than our secondary last Saturday. Nope, our Dline lay at the bottom of that stink pile. And that against an offense that had, at best been mediocre all year long. We're continuing to help make others look good.

OU_Sooners75
10/25/2010, 03:01 PM
Actually, I am more pleased with our Secondary play than our DL play this year.

We are seeing a more aggressive DB play this year and I like it.

Our biggest problem and I mentioned it earlier, is not coaching it is our youth. Yes our coaching is spotty sometimes, but it is good.

We have 16 freshmen in our 2 deep (depth chart). We have 12 Sophomores, 11 Juniors and 10 Seniors there as well.

though I hate the loss, at least this is where I can find my solice in things. Our team is a top 10 team with all this youth!

NormanPride
10/25/2010, 03:04 PM
Yeah, despite the gashing in the air, it wasn't on the actual secondary much. Unless Willie is in charge of teaching the LBs their technique then he's clear... for now.

OU_Sooners75
10/25/2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah, despite the gashing in the air, it wasn't on the actual secondary much. Unless Willie is in charge of teaching the LBs their technique then he's clear... for now.

Yep....Most of the yards through air came up the middle.

Didnt you point that out earlier?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 03:08 PM
Sometimes when I read that kind of stuff, he makes me want to throat punch the writer and then myself for reading it.

Does anybody understand where all defense starts?

CobraKai
10/25/2010, 03:08 PM
If this was the first year this has happened I would perhaps give this some credence, but our D has been known to give up big plays from time to time over the last few years.

OU_Sooners75
10/25/2010, 03:09 PM
Sometimes when I read that kind of stuff, he makes me want to throat punch the writer and then myself for reading it.

On the sideline? :D Thats how our defense played Saturday...LOL J/K

tator
10/25/2010, 03:10 PM
In the weight room

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 03:13 PM
you are all wrong

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 03:14 PM
especially you tator..how anybody can be so wrong on 2 boards is beyond me

yankee
10/25/2010, 03:18 PM
the d-line?

Phil
10/25/2010, 03:20 PM
Orson is a Florida/SEC guy, and Willie Martinez has quite the rep over there after having been fired from Georgia. Having said that, I thought the secondary mostly played OK against Missouri - the LBs were another story.

Of course, if everything goes exactly as it did, except that we don't turn the ball over, we win by a couple of TDs.

Spencer Hall writes for EDSBS, a hilarious college football blog, and its parent, SBNation. The Alphabetical is one of his weekly submissions to both, and contains this interesting comment:

Comments?

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2010/10/25/1772101/college-football-week-8-recap-bcs-bowls

NormanPride
10/25/2010, 03:24 PM

At the snap. Unless there's a penalty. Or a timeout? This is hard. Is it a trick question?

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 03:24 PM
not a trick question..and it is always hard after taking the new meds

NormanPride
10/25/2010, 03:30 PM
Is that a hint? Because

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1I7KiCuAU4k/S4SZku_iqjI/AAAAAAAAFds/cWhhyc1YHDk/s400/Winners_Dont_Use_Drugs.png

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 03:32 PM
no..I just wasn't sure what "it" you were referring to

NormanPride
10/25/2010, 03:36 PM
You need to slow down there, speedy.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/25/2010, 03:49 PM
the d-line?

winner!

Dline looks good when they get pressure and make plays...LBs look good when dline is getting pressure and commanding extra blockers so they can make plays...DBs...look good when the front 7 is stopping the run like they should and getting pressure..

MikeInNorman
10/25/2010, 03:57 PM
I thought the corners had a good game. Safeties were pretty much absent in the run game though. When the other team runs the midline option and the safety is not coming into the picture for 10-15 yards, there are some problems there. Considering that we're playing 3 safeties, and one of them is a direct replacement for the strong side linebacker, my guess is that the safeties had multiple blown assignments defending the midline option, and the jet sweep, for that matter. We also never adjusted to Mizzou isolating Lewis over the middle against a wide receiver. There was rarely safety help in that situation until it was far too late.

tfoolry
10/25/2010, 04:28 PM
Celebration Dog. heh

http://kbiasportsextra.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/video-mizzou-fans-rush-faurot-field/

aero
10/25/2010, 04:55 PM
the LOS is where every game is won or lost