PDA

View Full Version : Sideline/Locker room video - ISU victory over Texas

WestLakeHillsSooner
10/25/2010, 11:41 AM
Well...this helped cheer me up this morning:
http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/index.html

Yes, I do take pleasure in seeing Texas being beaten but this is more. This is really what college football is all about here guys. The coach is overcome with emotion on the sideline in the final seconds and pure joy in the Iowa State locker room, formerly winless against Texas.

virginiasooner
10/25/2010, 11:44 AM
I'm happy for I-State and Coach Rhoads beating the Horns. But are the Horns vulnerable enough to lose to the Pokes this Saturday? I sure hope so!

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 11:46 AM
I'm happy for I-State and Coach Rhoads beating the Horns. But are the Horns vulnerable enough to lose to the Pokes this Saturday? I sure hope so!

They play Baylor this weekend...But yes I think they will lose to the pokes. If Gumby is going to get a win over Saxet this is his year.

Jacie
10/25/2010, 11:48 AM
I can hardly wait to see The Paul Rhoads Story!

As for the hapless whorns, they are vulnerable enough to lose to anybody at this point.

badger
10/25/2010, 11:48 AM
Um... did anyone understand what Paul Rhoads said before tossing the ball?

yermom
10/25/2010, 11:52 AM
"it's Cyclone football"?

Partial Qualifier
10/25/2010, 12:01 PM
that is sofaking awesome. Good for those guys!

OU Engineer
10/25/2010, 12:02 PM
Um... did anyone understand what Paul Rhoads said before tossing the ball?

"A lot of places this ball could go"

Thats all I got..

agoo758
10/25/2010, 12:06 PM
Great to see a team rebound after a terrible loss, and to come away with a big win. A lot of heart on that team, I like Coach Rhoads and what he is doing with that program, and if he stays around for a few years, they can become a very good football team.

Lott's Bandana
10/25/2010, 12:09 PM
Was that field turf? I've never even looked at that stadium before...

Seriously, FIELD TURF?

WestLakeHillsSooner
10/25/2010, 12:24 PM
Was that field turf? I've never even looked at that stadium before...

Seriously, FIELD TURF?

Yes. My Texas buddy told me that last year and I couldn't believe it. The grass stays green here all year, I guess UT didn't have the cash to maintain it through the winter or were worried about being tied to word "grass" once again, since that was such a common occurrence in the Cedric Benson/Ricky Williams eras. ;)

3rdgensooner
10/25/2010, 12:25 PM
This is really what college football is all about here guys.Yes it is. Very cool for them.

badger
10/25/2010, 12:29 PM
"A lot of places this ball could go"

Thats all I got..

I looked up the answer - he's all like lots of place this could go... but this is Cyclone Football so we we don't nee d a d@mn game ball! to the cheering of the entire team.

speaking of the game :mack: is really, REALLY deferring blame to everyone else on this loss, saying that he was ready for the game, telling a reporter when asked about the offensive struggles that he was calling the plays (while pointing at Greg Davis) and saying that the players were arrogant.

Even though I know that eventually it will have bad consequences for OU, I hope Paul Rhoads stays at ISU and continues giving Cyclone fans hope for better things out of a tiny program. Yes, ISU will beat us if he stays at that school for long enough, but it will also mean tons of beatings for everyone else too :)

Mississippi Sooner
10/25/2010, 12:35 PM
Yah, but no one ever stays at a program like Iowa State. Once they have a bit of success, they jump at the first opportunity. Iowa State is just a stepping stone.

Widescreen
10/25/2010, 12:45 PM
I was surprised to learn that ISU had a fight song.

Booner
10/25/2010, 04:23 PM
I'm a little surprised to know that Iowa State still plays football.

badger
10/25/2010, 05:18 PM
Yah, but no one ever stays at a program like Iowa State. Once they have a bit of success, they jump at the first opportunity. Iowa State is just a stepping stone.

I get what you're saying, but when you have such a good thing going in one place, why leave?

Yeah, I know - money, prestige, job security, fertile recruiting grounds, etc. etc.

But, it's time for someone to not be Urban Meyer, Dan Hawkins, Brian Kelly, Lane Kiffin or any of the countless other snakes who leave a program high and dry after a bit of winning to go to a bigger name program for more money and prestige, and job security, and recruiting, etc. etc.

(or course, there are also coaches out there who do absolutely no winning at all like Gene Chizik that also leaves programs high and dry after a bit of losing for a better job... in that case, it's totally the right move, hehe)

Perhaps, just perhaps, Paul Rhoads will not be like every sleazeball coach before him and will stay put.

yermom
10/25/2010, 06:30 PM
the one before Chizik was fired after almost winning the North a couple of seasons earlier

they deserved losing with Chizik IMO

kbsooner21
10/25/2010, 06:45 PM
Iowa State just beat a bad Texas team. Let's not act like they're next in line for greatness. Just sayin :D