PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Quinton Carter?

CincySooner
10/25/2010, 08:06 AM
Is he going to be okay?

There's a lot of stuff on the front page about the game (of course), but I didn't see anything on his injury. I know he came back into the game, but he didn't look like the same guy.

MoJoOkie
10/25/2010, 08:32 AM
No info, but it looked like a stinger to me. Once you get one, it takes a while before your shoulder feels right again. Hurts like hell too. I don't know that that's what it is, but it looked like it. He couldn't smack after that because the shoulder wouldn't let him.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2010, 08:35 AM
Some one should coach him not to lead with his helmet into a tackle.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 08:40 AM
No doubt about about the helmet hits. Hopefully he'll look back at that play and see how bad it looked. I know the D-backs like to hit hard but no way I like seeing these kids get injuries that can leave them crippled for the rest of their life.

Hopefully we'll hear something positive about him this week.

The refs didn't flinch to give him a penalty on the hit where he lowered his head on Mizzou's Receiver. Hopefully that kid is OK too. These type hit are under a huge amount of scrutiny right now so it's up to the Coaches to talk to their Players IMO about avoiding not only injury but also the penalties that seemingly will be called in future games.

Widescreen
10/25/2010, 08:53 AM
I thought I saw him back in the game after he was taken out. :confused:

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 09:01 AM
I never saw him.

dwarthog
10/25/2010, 09:06 AM
He came back into the game but wasn't laying down the big hits after that stinger though, very tentative on the plays he was involved in after that.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 09:09 AM
He came back into the game but wasn't laying down the big hits after that stinger though, very tentative on the plays he was involved in after that.

That makes me feel better. I guess I missed that. Hopefully he'll be as effective from here on out without the head trauma type hits. It's got to be tough when you get a scare like that.

I guess I need to re-watch the end again. Lots of **** going on during the game then and I think I was shaking my head in disbelief so hard I missed some of it.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 09:16 AM
Just started the replay with 12:43 left in the game. We did a good job stopping the mizzou 2 point conversion attempt after the team got caught off guard with 12 guys on the field. Bob looked like he kind of was losing control of the game then. I haven't ever seem him look like that very many times since he's been at OU. It was almost disturbing to watch. I couldn't tell if he was pissed or in disbelief.

OU 21

MU 26 at that point

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 09:22 AM
On the ensueing kickoff Cory Nelson (25) got a holding penalty and had to be helped off the field. I couldn't see what happened on the replay but it's hard to believe a guy can get hurt and be penalized at the same time....I wish I could see what the heck happened there. Landry throws the INT on 1st down right after that. This is where my head started shaking from side to side. Huge mistake. Then the hook and ladder came. Defense really on their heals at this point but is able to hold them to a FG in the red zone. Defense really did their job considering what kind of spot Landry had put them in with the int IMO. The next series..Lnadry misses DM with a pass and ends up with a 3 and out. That hurt. We really needed to mount a drive. That series...also Landry's fault IMO however the O-Line didn't give him much time on 3rd down to find an open receiver.

NormanPride
10/25/2010, 09:35 AM
As I predicted at the beginning of the season, I think the youth of this team is catching up to it. We're still a pretty salty team, but we can't do too much because we have so many young guys out there that barely know the schemes we run.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 09:38 AM
There QC is at 8:40 back in the game and Mizzou runs the ball for 39 yards and QC is trying to strip the ball and then got burned on a pass after that. Herbpuff does mention that it looks like QC's game had been affected by the penalty and the stinger. The Defense really had a let down on that series...

OU 21

Mizzou 35

Tough game.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 09:39 AM
As I predicted at the beginning of the season, I think the youth of this team is catching up to it. We're still a pretty salty team, but we can't do too much because we have so many young guys out there that barely know the schemes we run.

Injuries and youth have definitely made the D vulnerable. Agreed.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 09:40 AM
Yeah he came back in. There was a play in the fourth quarter after he went out where he was just getting litterally dragged for like 5-10 yards by the Missouri player. I guess he might of been trying to strip it, but I wish he had just got the guy down instead of trying to force the turnover. We needed time at the end of the game, so worry about them getting a first instead of trying and strip the ball.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 09:41 AM
Madu really makes a huge play after bobbling the kickoff. We score on the next series and go for 2 and fail. Pretty close call on Broyles getting that tip. Tough call...if we'd made that Bob would have been a genius.

OU 27
Mizzou 36

The nine point lead had us doomed.

On sides kick fails and Bob's pretty upset...thought we got screwed...I think we got screwed too. Awful call the ball bounces past the 40 yard line before it's touched. Crap call. Still 6:05 left in the game...a 3 and out still makes it possible to pull this game out if you've got a kicker. We don't and we were pretty screwed at this point. Bob needs to work on the FG kicking thing. That's really cost us the last two Seasons. The earlier FG miss really put us in bad shape late in this game. We should have won this game.

cdlbdd
10/25/2010, 09:41 AM
If he hasn't decided to start wrapping up on tackles he can stay out for all I care.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 09:54 AM
Madu really makes a huge play after bobbling the kickoff. We score on the next series and go for 2 and fail. Pretty close call on Broyles getting that tip. Tough call...if we'd made that Bob would have been a genius.

OU 27
Mizzou 36

The nine point lead had us doomed.

On sides kick fails

Yeah I heard people after the game saying that Madu should never see another snap at OU. Come on, sometimes people fumble. Maybe he tries too hard on some plays and doesn't know when to just go down instead of risking fumbling it, but he IS a play maker and acctually gave us a chance in the fourth quarter. I think without his return we don't even score that last touchdown.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:02 AM
Yeah he came back in. There was a play in the fourth quarter after he went out where he was just getting litterally dragged for like 5-10 yards by the Missouri player. I guess he might of been trying to strip it, but I wish he had just got the guy down instead of trying to force the turnover. We needed time at the end of the game, so worry about them getting a first instead of trying and strip the ball.

It was him and Nelson trying to strip that ball. I agree w/ that.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 10:02 AM
Is he going to be okay?

After watching the end of this game...I think it's hard to say whether or not QC is OK. Yeah he played some more but not like we've seen him play in the past. If it's mental...who knows how he'll be. If he's trying to avoid contact and just putting himself in there...I'd have to say he's really putting himself in danger and hurting the team. IMO it's hard to say. Guess we'll have to wait to see how he does against CU.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah I heard people after the game saying that Madu should never see another snap at OU. Come on, sometimes people fumble. Maybe he tries too hard on some plays and doesn't know when to just go down instead of risking fumbling it, but he IS a play maker and acctually gave us a chance in the fourth quarter. I think without his return we don't even score that last touchdown.

I don't know though its probably awareness. Most of his fumbles happen when ppl are behind him and knock the ball out. I like Madu as a player but he does fumble a lot. I like that the coaches still have faith in him but he fumbled last week too. He'll be alright.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:05 AM
After watching the end of this game...I think it's hard to say whether or not QC is OK. Yeah he played some more but not like we've seen him play in the past. If it's mental...who knows how he'll be. If he's trying to avoid contact and just putting himself in there...I'd have to say he's really putting himself in danger and hurting the team. IMO it's hard to say. Guess we'll have to wait to see how he does against CU.

I think he'll be fine he had a stinger against ISU too. This one did look worse because he got it after leading w/ his helmet but I think he'll be ok.

sooner518
10/25/2010, 10:07 AM
I thought our guy touched it before it went 10 yards and I thought it was pretty clear. The man was past the 10 yards, but he reached back and touched it before it crossed the 40. I think the refs got that one right.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:09 AM
I thought our guy touched it before it went 10 yards and I thought it was pretty clear. The man was past the 10 yards, but he reached back and touched it before it crossed the 40. I think the refs got that one right.

They did. Its where the ball is. The crazy thing though is that he never had to do that because there were no Missouri players in sight.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 10:13 AM
They did. Its where the ball is. The crazy thing though is that he never had to do that because there were no Missouri players in sight.

I wish I could see it again, I'll have to try and find a replay of the game cause I've avoided all media recaps of the game. Being the stands it looked like we had it, but being offsides it didn't really matter either way at that point.

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 10:13 AM
I just rewatched that play 4 times. Unless you could see that play from an endzone view along with the side view they showed...I don't know how anyone could say they got that call right on the on-sides kick. This game was awful as far as ABC's involvement in covering it. Not just the announcers either the camera coverage. Who ever covers these teams that line up quick really needs to re-think how they are going to cover these games for fans. Their coverage was awful.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 10:17 AM
I thought he reached back and touched it too, but I only watched the replay 1 time. It wouldn't have mattered because we got flagged for off-sides as well. I didn't see who was off-side.
EDIT:I'm talking about the on-side kick play

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 10:18 AM
The sign behind Pinkle as they are talking post game...lol

I think Bob looks pretty good with Beiber's haircut....lol

StoopTroup
10/25/2010, 10:19 AM
I thought he reached back and touched it too, but I only watched the replay 1 time. It wouldn't have mattered because we got flagged for off-sides as well. I didn't see who was off-side.
EDIT:I'm talking about the on-side kick play

I think you listened to the announcers a bit much on the off-sides. The flag was for illegal touching.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 10:24 AM
This back to back possessions we had of an INT followed by a 3 and out is what doomed us. That is the situation where a championship team meets the challenge with a relentless drive and puts the pressure on the other guy. No matter how good a team is at blowing other out early, there always going to be a game or 2 each season where a 4th qtr response is required. We just haven't fielded a team lately that seems capable of that and I'm not sure why.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:24 AM
I think you listened to the announcers a bit much on the off-sides. The flag was for illegal touching.

Its illegal touching if it doesn't go ten. The ball didn't but the player did.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 10:25 AM

Could be, but I thought the ref announced both flags, but I've already deleted it from my DVR.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:27 AM
Could be, but I thought the ref announced both flags, but I've already deleted it from my DVR.

I thought they declined one and took illegal touching because if it was offsides we would've got to kick it again. Illegal touching gives Mizzery the ball on a short field.

OUthunder
10/25/2010, 11:24 AM
I thought I saw him back in the game after he was taken out. :confused:

He was, made a hit but held back in doing so.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 11:30 AM
I thought they declined one and took illegal touching because if it was offsides we would've got to kick it again. Illegal touching gives Mizzery the ball on a short field.

Yeah they declined the offsides but accepted the illegal touch. Lets say we hadn't touched it before the ten yards, what are the rules of the offsides? We rekick right?

cvsooner
10/25/2010, 01:13 PM
I wish they hadn't tackled the receiver so quick at the end of the first half. If he takes another two or three steps before they brought him down, time runs out, they can't call time and they don't kick a field goal.

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 01:23 PM
Yeah they declined the offsides but accepted the illegal touch. Lets say we hadn't touched it before the ten yards, what are the rules of the offsides? We rekick right?

Yep. And we'd recover and score and then recover and score again. Refs screwed us!!

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 01:27 PM
Yep. And we'd recover and score and then recover and score again. Refs screwed us!!

I never said they screwed us. I don't think they did the best job, but that is not at all the reason why we lost the game.