PDA

View Full Version : Question for realtors

landrun
10/25/2010, 07:29 AM
If you make an offer on a house, is it legal for the realtor NOT to present that offer to the seller? If not, does this happen anyway? Fairly often?

If this does happen, how, as a buyer, do you deal with it? Can you call the seller directly? I mean I know I could, but is he bound by law not to discuss the sell with you directly?

XingTheRubicon
10/25/2010, 07:45 AM
your offer is too low

landrun
10/25/2010, 07:58 AM
your offer is too low

Can't be. I haven't even made on yet. :D

rekamrettuB
10/25/2010, 09:28 AM
If you make an offer on a house, is it legal for the realtor NOT to present that offer to the seller? If not, does this happen anyway? Fairly often?

If this does happen, how, as a buyer, do you deal with it? Can you call the seller directly? I mean I know I could, but is he bound by law not to discuss the sell with you directly?

Ya I don't think you can call the seller directly. I'll ask the wife...she's a real estate agent. Even if the agent thinks you wouldn't get a counter because it's too low it doesn't make any sense not to present it to at least get the counter offer ball rolling.

Theskipster
10/25/2010, 09:33 AM

Are you paying the realtor or is the seller paying your realtor? Makes a huge difference about how a realtor must act.

sooner_born_1960
10/25/2010, 09:34 AM
A realtor will probably tell you not to contact the seller directly. I doubt there is anything to prevent you from do it.

rekamrettuB
10/25/2010, 09:41 AM
A realtor will probably tell you not to contact the seller directly. I doubt there is anything to prevent you from do it.

Ya I kind of misspoke. You can call the seller but the seller may not be able to talk to you about the sell.

landrun
10/25/2010, 10:08 AM
Are you paying the realtor or is the seller paying your realtor? Makes a huge difference about how a realtor must act.

They would be paying. I'm the buyer.

47straight
10/25/2010, 10:32 AM
Don't call the seller, or what? What's gonna happen? Misdemeanor? State going to seize the house?

If you think the seller's agent is running you around, call the seller with just a quick note saying - "Hey, I gave an offer to your agent, and they acted like they weren't going to give it to you. You might want to give them a call."

Theskipster
10/25/2010, 10:43 AM
Basically there are two types of realtors in Oklahoma. Transaction brokers or Single-Party Broker. If you don't already have a signed single party broker agreement with a realtor, he is acting as a transaction broker and does not have to do anything you ask. And by law, he cannot be an advocate for you during the transaction or help you against the seller in anyway.

olevetonahill
10/25/2010, 10:52 AM
Its Been years since I had My own Realty Company
At THAT time . You were REQUIRED to submit all offers to the seller.
Nothing stopping you from contacting the seller directly. If he is still under a listing contract with the agency he will still have to pay a commission.

rekamrettuB
10/25/2010, 03:50 PM
Its Been years since I had My own Realty Company
At THAT time . You were REQUIRED to submit all offers to the seller.
Nothing stopping you from contacting the seller directly. If he is still under a listing contract with the agency he will still have to pay a commission.

This is exactly what the wife said.