PDA

View Full Version : Baylor; the new Texas!

rainiersooner
10/25/2010, 02:28 AM
I just about pissed myself when I read this:

Saturday will bring another rarity: A ranked Baylor team will face an unranked Texas team for the first time since 1986. "I'm just honored and proud to be a part of what happened [Saturday night] and what's continuing to happen at Baylor University," said Bears coach Art Briles.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/10/24/missouri-michigan-state-bcs/2.html#ixzz13LzGAcz8

Oh sweet (albeit aggy-like) schadenfreude.

soonercastor
10/25/2010, 02:30 AM
If they manage to win this game then the trip to Baylor will be more than a formality this year.

rainiersooner
10/25/2010, 02:32 AM
No doubt. All our remaining road games are questionable in my opinion. I think we'll win out, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Collier11
10/25/2010, 02:45 AM
a&m doesnt worry me, they are horrible. Baylor and osu will be tough games...cant believe im saying that :eek:

rainiersooner
10/25/2010, 02:52 AM
That's right. OSU worries me more than Baylor. It just depends on which OU team shows up. Saturday night still baffles me. You ever hear the saying that a plane doesn't crash because one or two things go wrong, but because twenty unrelated things go wrong? Maybe that's what a football game amongst relatively equal teams is like. There are many things collectively this team could have done better than they did Saturday night...but take away only one or two of them (don't fumble in the red zone; kick the field goal) and who knows what would happen.

And so who knows what will happen the rest of the season. I sure as hell don't.

Baylor. Jesus Christ.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 05:16 AM
Congrats to Baylor I hope they're still ranked when we play them.

MR2-Sooner86
10/25/2010, 06:35 AM
So what type of meltdown could we possibly see if Iowa State and Baylor beat Texas in back to back home loses?

Jacie
10/25/2010, 06:37 AM
Baylor, the new sa*et?

I wouldn't wish that on anybody!

Okie35
10/25/2010, 07:28 AM
So what type of meltdown could we possibly see if Iowa State and Baylor beat Texas in back to back home loses?

None. Everything Texass will probably implode.