PDA

View Full Version : hey Sic 'em Baylor

SanJoaquinSooner
10/24/2010, 10:10 PM
Baylor made its first-ever appearance in the BCS top 25, at 25th.

IxAKFlpdcfc

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 10:16 PM
He's pretty stoked.

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 10:34 PM
http://videobeta.net/gifs/6654.gif

sooner59
10/24/2010, 10:37 PM
Baylor vs Pitt in the Fiesta!

CrimsonJim
10/24/2010, 10:47 PM
http://stylembe.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/applause1234363884-1.gif

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 10:21 AM
BEAT TEXAS!!!!

Soonerfan85
10/25/2010, 10:29 AM
You know we're having a rough stretch when this kind of thread shows up!

Good luck Baylor. :pop:

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:31 AM

I laughed, BIG TIME at that.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 10:32 AM
Wonder how many times Baylor has been the higher ranked team in thier game vs Saxet?

OU Engineer
10/25/2010, 10:36 AM
Wonder how many times Baylor has been the higher ranked team in thier game vs Saxet?

Not sure of this STAT, but I do know the last time BU played * when BU was ranked and * wasnt was in 1986.

Baylor won 18-14.

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 10:39 AM
Not sure of this STAT, but I do know the last time BU played * when BU was ranked and * wasnt was in 1986.

Baylor won 18-14.

Here's hoping it happens again!

SicEm, does Baylor have any chants or cheers you can share with us?

badger
10/25/2010, 10:57 AM
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_up5s55fSiPs/Sai4Ejli7rI/AAAAAAAAAIE/3nwREP_n3AU/heath-ledger-as-joker.gif

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 10:59 AM

Baylor won 18-14.

Well there is my prediction score for the game this weekend I guess :D

badger
10/25/2010, 11:09 AM
I don't know why you are all so shocked - they won the crystal ball in 2005. Need a visual reminder?

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7508/baylormnc5lk.jpg

:D

PS: We used to do weekly farkoffs and this was the runner-up of "bizarro" week. Here's a link to that thread here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46499&highlight=baylor+wallpaper) Kudos to NewAzTiger, an lurker from Auburn that joined us during the weird 2004 season.

fadada1
10/25/2010, 11:15 AM
i feel like riding a scooter.

badger
10/25/2010, 11:17 AM
i feel like riding a scooter.

I feel like stealing a scooter.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 11:18 AM
I don't know what's more unbelievable, Baylor winning the MNC or doing it against Vanderbilt.

Oldnslo
10/25/2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drhnc0T1e8

they do this at kickoff. in a full stadium, it's pretty cool. on a video, less so.

badger
10/25/2010, 11:26 AM
SicEm is now going to meet a girl and start another thread about it --- one who likes Zima and Baylor football, whether they are BCS-ranked or not. She is going to be staunchly Republican and when asked to go on a date, she's going to say "Just as long as it isn't during the O'Reilly Factor." Then, they will build a snowman and name it "Frosty."

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/25/2010, 11:28 AM
I don't know what's more unbelievable, Baylor winning the MNC or doing it against Vanderbilt.

or beating ou 52-5... at least we got a safety :D

bmjlr
10/25/2010, 11:37 AM
or beating ou 52-5... at least we got a safety :D

Actually, there was no safety...OU scored a TD, but the extra point was hooked so far left, they subtracted a point! :eek: :D

delhalew
10/25/2010, 12:53 PM
You have my support Sic' em. Beat the bell out of Texas.

SoonerPr8r
10/25/2010, 12:56 PM
Not only ranked but #1 in the Big 12 south (3-1)....:pop:

NormanPride
10/25/2010, 03:27 PM
Sic'Em leaves Baylor and they get good. Sic'Em goes to Ole Miss and they lose to Jacksonville State.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 04:05 PM
Here's hoping it happens again!

SicEm, does Baylor have any chants or cheers you can share with us?

Worse than Baylor! *clap* *clap*, *clap* *clap* *clap*

Or wait a minute...let's not go with that one.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 04:06 PM

...or doing it with GuyMo.

badger
10/25/2010, 04:06 PM

HE FINALLY APPEARS! :D

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drhnc0T1e8

they do this at kickoff. in a full stadium, it's pretty cool. on a video, less so.

We do it before every kickoff/punt.

badger
10/25/2010, 04:15 PM
SicEm, please clear up these Baylor myths as facts/fictions:

1- Your live mascot gets teased with fruit so that it raises its paw, making people think "BEAR CLAW!" and the fans get fired up.

2- The Dr. Pepper is inferior everywhere else outside Waco.

3- The goal post at your off-campus stadium was once carried all the way to campus (how many miles away???) after you beat a Big 12 opponent, and the Baylor president got a chainsaw so that everyone could keep a piece as a souvenir.

4- Baylor actually was not last in the Big 12 South one year, because it beat OSU, making the Pokes last back in Gundy's first year.

5- Baylor screwed TCU out of the Big 12 :) (just because I know the answer and I know you will want to end this discussion once and for all).

6- Baylor once fought with Aggies over Homecoming floats on-field, and the fight could only be stopped by the Aggie band playing the national anthem, forcing the Corps to stop what they were doing and saluting at attention.

7- Baylor has never beaten OU, but has beaten Texas.

8- "That Ol' Baylor Line" refers to...what, exactly???

OK, I can only come up with eight for now, but I'll try to think of more later.

PS: For those of you just tuning in from OUI, SicEm is the resident Baylor fan and is this really cool guy who is actually an OU fan, but became a board favorite after one post - starting a thread before the Baylor game one year telling us all that we were going to lose :)

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 04:39 PM
SicEm, please clear up these Baylor myths as facts/fictions:

1- Your live mascot gets teased with fruit so that it raises its paw, making people think "BEAR CLAW!" and the fans get fired up.

Possible. The Bears are trained and taken care of by what's known as the Baylor Chamber of Commerce. It's a student organization that's essentially a co-ed fraternity. They're responsible for various other Baylor activities and traditions including the Bear.

2- The Dr. Pepper is inferior everywhere else outside Waco.
FALSE. The very best Dr. Pepper is Dublin Dr. Pepper made with Real Imperial Cane Sugar. However, Dr. Pepper is very prevalent at Baylor. Often during the summer, stands are setup around campus giving out free ice cold Dr. Pepper to students between classes. Also, Baylor has a tradition known as "Dr. Pepper Hour" that takes place in the drawing room at the BDSC every week. Dr. Pepper floats are served and students have a chance to mix and mingle with various professors and administration officials in a social setting.

3- The goal post at your off-campus stadium was once carried all the way to campus (how many miles away???) after you beat a Big 12 opponent, and the Baylor president got a chainsaw so that everyone could keep a piece as a souvenir.

TRUE. Absolutely true. I was there. It was the year we defeated Texas A&M 35-34. It was in OT, Shawn Bell completed a TD pass to Dominique Ziegler making the score 33-34. GuyMo called for a 2-pt conversion. The pass from Bell to Ziegler was good and we won 35-34. Mayhem ensued. They tore down the goal post and walked it out of the stadium back to campus which is 2 maybe 3 miles from campus. The goal post was indeed cut up and the pieces given out as souvenirs.

4- Baylor actually was not last in the Big 12 South one year, because it beat OSU, making the Pokes last back in Gundy's first year.
TRUE. It was the year Shawn Bell was injured. We were actually a pretty decent team that year, but when Bell got hurt everything fell apart. We came so close to a bowl that year. We were just a few points shy of winning a couple of games that we lost which could have made us a 7 win team that year. Alas...

5- Baylor screwed TCU out of the Big 12 :) (just because I know the answer and I know you will want to end this discussion once and for all).
FALSE. For the billionth time, TCU was nowhere near the football program that Baylor was in the SWC. Hell, we were the third best team in the state above Texas Tech at the time. We had a dominant record over Texas Tech until the Big XII was formed. I also have little doubt that TCU would have been as inept as we've been in the Big XII. Plus, they bring NOTHING to the table in other sports.

6- Baylor once fought with Aggies over Homecoming floats on-field, and the fight could only be stopped by the Aggie band playing the national anthem, forcing the Corps to stop what they were doing and saluting at attention.

TRUE. I think what your'e talking about is the game back in the 20's when we played at the Cotton Palace in Waco. There was an onfield fight between the Aggies and Baylor students. Baylor students ended up beating to death (literally, they killed him) an Aggie. In retaliation, the Aggies went back to College Station and hitched up a howitzer they had on campus and started heading toward Waco. Their intention was to shell the campus. Thankfully, some Texas Rangers and Sheriffs stopped them before they got to Waco. True story.

7- Baylor has never beaten OU, but has beaten Texas.
TRUE. We've beaten Texas plenty of times back in the SWC days. It was always a big deal, but not all together unusual.

8- "That Ol' Baylor Line" refers to...what, exactly???

Two things: In general, that "Good 'Ol Baylor Line" is our alma mater and refers to the collective spirit of all Baylor men and women. Sort of like the "Thin Blue Line" refers to Police. Same thing with the Baylor line.

Also, it's really the only great tradition we have at Baylor. Every Freshman and ONLY Freshmen are members of what's known as the "Baylor Line." They are given Baylor Line "jerseys" at the start of their Freshman year during Welcome Week. Just before each game, they run out onto the field as a group and greet the players as they come through the tunnel before sitting together in the stands in what is known as the "Line Section." At the very last home game each season, seniors are allowed to run with the Baylor Line one last time before graduation.

OK, I can only come up with eight for now, but I'll try to think of more later.

PS: For those of you just tuning in from OUI, SicEm is the resident Baylor fan and is this really cool guy who is actually an OU fan, but became a board favorite after one post - starting a thread before the Baylor game one year telling us all that we were going to lose :)

yankee
10/25/2010, 04:54 PM
rip 'em up, tear 'em up, sic em BU!

badger
10/25/2010, 04:56 PM
Those Ags are so d@mn crazy. As long as we're on Aggie topic:

1- Baylor hates Aggie because Corps men used to steal their Baylor women.

2- "Battle of the Brazos" refers to the river, right?

3- You got the A&M win by a 2-point conversion. Didn't you try something similar the next year and Fran Fran was so pizzed that he nearly didn't shake Guy's hand because A&M nearly lost again?

And now a few other random ones:

4- Mike Singletary nearly became Baylor's new coach after you fired Guy.

5- Baylor ever have a sellout during Big 12 era? I know you all had a few campaigns to get more people to show up.

6- Sic Em comes from where, exactly? I'd have the same question for an Aggie about "Gig em" really.

btw, womens bball blog starts next week. That is when my Baylor adoration turns to Baylor hate. :D

hgarmorer
10/25/2010, 06:15 PM
TRUE. I think what your'e talking about is the game back in the 20's when we played at the Cotton Palace in Waco. There was an onfield fight between the Aggies and Baylor students. Baylor students ended up beating to death (literally, they killed him) an Aggie. In retaliation, the Aggies went back to College Station and hitched up a howitzer they had on campus and started heading toward Waco. Their intention was to shell the campus. Thankfully, some Texas Rangers and Sheriffs stopped them before they got to Waco. True story.
===========
That's probably one of the most bad *** stories I've ever read. Can you imagine them shelling the hell out of the campus? Holy **** that would have been awesome! No offense Sic 'Em, I mean I know you weren't there or anything but still

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2010, 07:04 PM
Woulda been a hell of a deal if they'd done it.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 07:21 PM
Yeah, the only thing that sucks is that...you know...we killed one of their students.

Baylor - 1
Aggie - 0

SCOREBOARD!

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 07:30 PM

That was actually my Facebook status yesterday. True story.

And you'd be surprised at how many people weren't nearly as amused as I was!:cool:

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 07:34 PM
rip 'em up, tear 'em up, sic em BU!

is this the actual chant? I've been practicing my bear claw swipe all day. Again, too bad my co workers aren't nearly as easily entertained as I am...

AlbqSooner
10/25/2010, 07:47 PM

You know we are MEGA spoiled as OU fans when we consider one loss when ranked #1 in the BCS a rough stretch. Jus sayin.

Good Luck Baylor and Sic em.

Oh yeah, sic em is a command you give to an attack trained dog. It means go do your thing and mess somebody up. (loosely translated)

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 09:28 PM
is this the actual chant? I've been practicing my bear claw swipe all day. Again, too bad my co workers aren't nearly as easily entertained as I am...

There's not really one that I've heard. We do chant that after Baylor fight, but that's about it.

The "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SIC 'EM BEARS!" is pretty much the chant du jour.

JLEW1818
10/25/2010, 09:35 PM
sic'em

will i be able to buy cheap tickets for the OU-baylor game?

do people scalp ?

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 09:51 PM
sic'em

will i be able to buy cheap tickets for the OU-baylor game?

do people scalp ?

Honestly, It's very hard to say.

First, I've never bought a ticket myself. All I ever had to do was flash my Baylor ID and that's all it took. There's a ticket window at the stadium and getting a ticket was never more difficult than walking up to the window a few minutes before kickoff and buying your $35.00 ticket and then you pretty much sat wherever you wanted. I have seen people scalp tickets before, but I could never figure out exactly why. Basically, getting a ticket to the game has never ever been an issue.

HOWEVER, with the way we're currently playing I wouldn't count on that. I think it's best to buy your ticket now online or by calling the ticket office. I'm reasonably sure you could get a ticket on game day, but like I said this season is different.

bluedogok
10/25/2010, 09:55 PM
FALSE. The very best Dr. Pepper is Dublin Dr. Pepper made with Real Imperial Cane Sugar.
The Dr. Pepper Company (Cadbury/Schwepps version) had Heritage Dr. Pepper out this summer made with sugar. It wasn't as good as the Dublin stuff but still better than regular DP.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 10:00 PM
The Dr. Pepper Company (Cadbury/Schwepps version) had Heritage Dr. Pepper out this summer made with sugar. It wasn't as good as the Dublin stuff but still better than regular DP.

Yep, I just had some the other day and concur. Better than regular but a bit short of Dublin in a glass bottle.

The thing is, I absolutely hate normal Dr. Pepper. However, Dublin Dr. Pepper and even the heritage stuff is sooooo much better. Dublin Dr. Pepper in a glass bottle is liquid candy.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 10:08 PM
Those Ags are so d@mn crazy. As long as we're on Aggie topic:

1- Baylor hates Aggie because Corps men used to steal their Baylor women.
FALSE There are thousands of reasons to hate Aggie. I will concede that fine Baylor women dating heathen Aggie scum is not all that uncommon, but you have to keep in mind that the women/men ratio at Baylor is 2/1. There just aren't enough good Baylor men to satisfy their needs!

2- "Battle of the Brazos" refers to the river, right?
Correct, both schools are located on the banks of the Brazos. Aggie is downriver so all of our ****s runs right into College Station where it belongs.

3- You got the A&M win by a 2-point conversion. Didn't you try something similar the next year and Fran Fran was so pizzed that he nearly didn't shake Guy's hand because A&M nearly lost again?
I honestly don't know. I just remember that we lost that game.

And now a few other random ones:

4- Mike Singletary nearly became Baylor's new coach after you fired Guy.
This was a major issue among Baylor fans after the GuyMo firing. There were some major Singletary jock sniffers who wanted to do ANYTHING to get the guy. I was never on his bandwagon. As I understand it, our AD did make an overture and discuss the issue with Singletary, but as I understand it Singletary's demands were much too high and Baylor moved on. We definitely made the right choice in my estimation.

5- Baylor ever have a sellout during Big 12 era? I know you all had a few campaigns to get more people to show up.
We've had a couple. One was last year.

6- Sic Em comes from where, exactly? I'd have the same question for an Aggie about "Gig em" really.
I should know this one, but I'm really not sure.

btw, womens bball blog starts next week. That is when my Baylor adoration turns to Baylor hate. :D
Mulkey will drink your milkshake.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 10:09 PM
By the way, depending on how the rest of this season goes, there's a lot of talk about an on-campus stadium being built.

The consensus among fans seems to be that such a move would greatly improve attendance. However, nobody wants to do something stupid and build some giant 80,000 seat stadium *cough*OSU*cough* when we can't even fill up the one we have now. Nearly everyone wants a very nice stadium with good seating, good facilities, and somewhere in the 50-55k range of seating.

bluedogok
10/25/2010, 10:21 PM
I always thought one along the river east of the Farrell Center across 77 would be a real nice location.

SicEmBaylor
10/25/2010, 10:31 PM
I always thought one along the river east of the Farrell Center across 77 would be a real nice location.

That area is a likely location, but they put the equestrian center there a couple of years ago. I think that'd be a great location, and it shouldn't be that big an issue to put the equestrian center somewhere else.

Another possibility is the area on the other side of the river directly across from the baseball and softball stadiums. Baylor already bought up all that land years ago. They were going to put the Bush Presidential Library there.

soonerchk
10/26/2010, 09:34 AM
I wouldn't build any new stadiums until you see if you can maintain this after Griffin graduates. That kid is a major stud.

bearfan08
10/26/2010, 10:18 AM
The only reason for the new stadium is to prove that Baylor is serious about being in a big football conference. It all stems from being part of the forgotten 5. If you haven't been to the FCS it is not very, how shall I put this, well it sucks. The only good thing about the FCS is the sight lines are awesome and there isn't a bad seat in the house. Everything else is just crap.

Oh and here is to hoping Baylor can stay on top of the big 12 south by itself one more week by beating Texas, or in the preffered local nomanclature *.

badger
10/26/2010, 10:34 AM
They were going to put the Bush Presidential Library there.

But it went to A&M instead, right? Or are you talking about the second Bush? I thought his went to SMU :confused:

What the heck - more questions!

1- Is it true that your coach brought in RG3 from the track team and he had never really played football before your coach brought him over? Also, is the same story true for a lineman from Canada who used to play hockey?

2- Who or what is "Baylor" named after?

3- Any history behind why your mascot is the bear?

4- Aggies have stolen all SWC mascots (and then got uppity when someone stole Reveille, yes) but I heard that when they tried to steal your bear, which was still a baby at the time, it went nuts and destroyed the back of a station wagon so they couldn't even get it back to College Station. Confirm or deny?

5- You guys played in the Cotton Bowl with the Raiders this season. How long is that crap scheduled to continue? Also, you're splitting the stadium wrong :)

SicEmBaylor
10/26/2010, 03:26 PM
But it went to A&M instead, right? Or are you talking about the second Bush? I thought his went to SMU :confused:
I said "they were" going to put the Bush library there. Baylor started putting together their pitch when Gov. Bush first announced he was going to run. I remember the first semester of my freshman year, just a few months after he took office, sitting through a half-hour presentation detailing all of the plans Baylor had for the library. In any case, he chose SMU. Oh well.

What the heck - more questions!

1- Is it true that your coach brought in RG3 from the track team and he had never really played football before your coach brought him over? Also, is the same story true for a lineman from Canada who used to play hockey?

FALSE: While RGIII is an Olympic-class track star, he was recruited as a football player to play at Houston by Art Briles. He was a HS QB and Briles knows talent when he sees it.

2- Who or what is "Baylor" named after?
Baylor is named after its founder, Judge REB Baylor. Judge Baylor was a US Congressman and prominent politician in Texas that helped write the Constitution of the Republic of Texas. Baylor was the first university chartered by the Republic of Texas making it the oldest school in the state.

3- Any history behind why your mascot is the bear?
The bear became the mascot via a student vote in the early 1900s. Sometime just before 1920, the troops at a military post in Texas presented Baylor with a live bear which started the tradition of having live bear mascots on campus. Interestingly, the 2nd choice for a mascot was the "Bookworm."

4- Aggies have stolen all SWC mascots (and then got uppity when someone stole Reveille, yes) but I heard that when they tried to steal your bear, which was still a baby at the time, it went nuts and destroyed the back of a station wagon so they couldn't even get it back to College Station. Confirm or deny?
TRUE This is true. I've heard the story several times both at Baylor and from Aggies..some of whom were involved. The story has minor changes every time it's told, but the basic story is that they stole the Bear and drugged it up with some kind of tranquilizer or sedatives. They didn't give it enough though and on the way back to CS (or once they arrived) it woke up and started destroying their car. They then called Baylor and told us to come pick up our damned bear. ;)

5- You guys played in the Cotton Bowl with the Raiders this season. How long is that crap scheduled to continue? Also, you're splitting the stadium wrong :)

I want to say it's a 5 year deal. The idea is, well, horrible. I hate it.

badger
10/26/2010, 03:43 PM
Thanks! But... you didn't answer the question about the Canadian ex-hockey player. I read about him a year or two ago and was wondering if he ever panned out on the field. Art Briles really does have a knack for spotting talent that isn't all football :D

btw, you're now forever the Baylor Bookworms, regardless of whether you take the Big 12 title or not, I'm calling you the bookworms :P

SicEmBaylor
10/26/2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks! But... you didn't answer the question about the Canadian ex-hockey player. I read about him a year or two ago and was wondering if he ever panned out on the field. Art Briles really does have a knack for spotting talent that isn't all football :D

btw, you're now forever the Baylor Bookworms, regardless of whether you take the Big 12 title or not, I'm calling you the bookworms :P

Sorry, I missed the Canada question. But, yes, he's canadian. If I recall, he's actually the 2nd or 3rd Canadian player we've recruited over the last decade or so.

Our Athletic Director, Ian McCaw, is also Canadian.

Sooner_Tuf
10/26/2010, 04:04 PM
Isn't that Judge Black Bear Baylor now?

bluedogok
10/26/2010, 11:16 PM
I wouldn't build any new stadiums until you see if you can maintain this after Griffin graduates. That kid is a major stud.
A decent sized on campus stadium is much better than one miles away. SMU did a great job with Ford Field as a replacement for Ownby Stadium, much better than when they played at the Cotton Bowl during the construction of Ford Field. There is just something better about the game on campus as opposed to miles away.

soonerchk
10/27/2010, 09:31 AM
A decent sized on campus stadium is much better than one miles away. SMU did a great job with Ford Field as a replacement for Ownby Stadium, much better than when they played at the Cotton Bowl during the construction of Ford Field. There is just something better about the game on campus as opposed to miles away.

They played in Texas Stadium before the death penalty.

bluedogok
10/27/2010, 09:34 PM
I was talking post death penalty SMU.

Pre-death penalty SMU had a few games a year at the Cotton Bowl from 1932 (the rest were at Ownby Stadium) until they moved there full time in 1948, they moved to Texas Stadium in 1978. They played at Texas Stadium until the 1987 death penalty that wiped out the 87 and 88 seasons. When they started back they played at Ownby Stadium on campus until Ford Field was built and they started playing there in 2000. It is a nice stadium, we went there a few years ago when Tech played at SMU on Labor Day weekend.

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2010, 09:39 PM
I know SMU was playing some of their games at the Cotton Bowl, because there was a story about Art Briles being back at the Cotton Bowl for the first time this year since his parents were killed.

For those of you who don't know, Coach Briles played football for Houston. His parents attended every single one of his games, but at the game against SMU at the Cotton Bowl, he noticed his parents weren't in the stands. They had been killed in a car wreck on their way to watch him play. He ended up dropping out of Houston and transferring to Tech (where he graduated but did not play football) so he could take care of and raise his younger brother.

Anyway, it was his first time back at the Cotton Bowl this year when we played Tech since that day his parents died.

CatfishSooner
10/27/2010, 10:02 PM
zzz...sicem and baylor are gheyyyy

sooneron
10/27/2010, 10:20 PM
That stadium is pretty God awful. Weird location, too.
I'm pulling for da bears this weekend against *

SicEmBaylor
10/27/2010, 10:55 PM
The stadium isn't that bad since they renovated the place. We certainly need a place on campus and the location is just....horrible....but the stadium itself isn't that bad. There are a couple of worse venues in the Big12 than The Case.

texaspokieokie
10/28/2010, 10:03 AM
The stadium isn't that bad since they renovated the place. We certainly need a place on campus and the location is just....horrible....but the stadium itself isn't that bad. There are a couple of worse venues in the Big12 than The Case.

i've been to 4 of the last 5 OU games @ the Case. i like it, think it's a nice stadium & the Baylor fans are nice.

bearfan08
10/28/2010, 10:26 AM

He is a senior starter at tackle and is projected as a second round pick in the draft. He was also a firefighter (as well as a hockey player) when someone said he should try and play football (he had never played in his life). He went to a JC in California I believe and that is where Baylor picked him up from. He has struggled this year and last year with the hockey player mentality of not taking crap and hitting players that hit you even if it is after the play, and other teams would some times bait him into a personal foul. He has recently held that in check better.Baylor's starting center is also from Canada, but is more conventional in the fact he had played football before college.

badger
10/28/2010, 10:58 AM
Oh dear... our Baylor resident fandom population seems to have doubled :D

Seriously though, welcome and glad to have another whorn hater on board. We have a few texas lovers, but they usually only lurk before we beat them in October.

bearfan08
10/29/2010, 11:19 AM
Oh dear... our Baylor resident fandom population seems to have doubled :D

Seriously though, welcome and glad to have another whorn hater on board. We have a few texas lovers, but they usually only lurk before we beat them in October.

Eh I have been around the last 2 or 3 years, but I only generally post around the OU baylor game. I did get accused of being the equivalent of baylorpenguin one year though.

badger
10/29/2010, 11:22 AM
Eh I have been around the last 2 or 3 years, but I only generally post around the OU baylor game. I did get accused of being the equivalent of baylorpenguin one year though.

Oh yeah - the penguin is the resident fan of every opposing team - a few n00bs get riled up by the penguin, but everyone else laughs :D

I don't think the Baylor Penguin will make his debut till OU-Baylor week.

In any event, beat Texas and enjoy the little anti-Greg David banned flying over DKR Saturday :D

King Barry's Back
10/29/2010, 07:51 PM
I don't know why you are all so shocked - they won the crystal ball in 2005. Need a visual reminder?

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7508/baylormnc5lk.jpg

Silly me. I forgot that 52-5 beatdown they put on us.