PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou Fans

yukonsooner
10/24/2010, 09:47 PM
Just got home from the game and wanted to get other opinions of the mizzou fans. I for one compare most of their fans with lsu fans. Only at the Sugar Bowl was I treated as poorly as I was this weekend. There were a few of the older fans that were cordial, but they were far and few between. I have been to this game many times in the past and have never encountered this type of behavior. As AARP members, my husband and I aren't exactly a threat to these fans, so I don't have a real idea why we received the verbal abuse that was directed towards us. It went so far as having beer poured on our car as we were looking for a parking place.

Iam4OUru
10/24/2010, 09:51 PM
Just got home from the game and wanted to get other opinions of the mizzou fans. I for one compare most of their fans with lsu fans. Only at the Sugar Bowl was I treated as poorly as I was this weekend. There were a few of the older fans that were cordial, but they were far and few between. I have been to this game many times in the past and have never encountered this type of behavior. As AARP members, my husband and I aren't exactly a threat to these fans, so I don't have a real idea why we received the verbal abuse that was directed towards us. It went so far as having beer poured on our car as we were looking for a parking place.

Must be pretty bad.

Whet
10/24/2010, 09:56 PM
Some of the young drunk kids were obnoxious, but they were the minority. I could count on one hand, the number of problematic fans we encountered.

We congratulated the fans on their team's win and wished them well in the game against Nebraska (just like they did us 4 years ago, in our last trip to Columbia)

I did notice this morning, as we were leaving, they are the most trashy group - there was trash everywhere!!!! Even at hardcore NASCAR races, we did not see the amount of trash left by the fans!

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 09:57 PM
Hope your OK.

TahoeSOONER
10/24/2010, 09:58 PM
I tailgated for 5 hours pregame, went to the game with 5 Mizzou fans, and it was fine until they won. After the game the 12 hours of drinking set in and get this, they acted like they never won a big game before. The people we went with were embarassed with some of the taunting. The younger, im 33, the more pathetic it got.

No suprise here.

TigerNuts
10/24/2010, 10:00 PM
There are bad apples in every fan-base. This same thread has been repeated over and over on every sports forum on the Internet.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 10:03 PM
You could at least say your sorry to the old folks in Yukon on your way to Lincoln/huskerboard.com.

http://www.huskerboard.com/

yukonsooner
10/24/2010, 10:07 PM
There are bad apples in every fan-base. This same thread has been repeated over and over on every sports forum on the Internet.

I know that every fan base has their a**h****, but like I said I have never encountered it at Columbia before and never to this extent other than lsu fans.

Pricetag
10/24/2010, 10:14 PM
Were you there in 1998? What other time would you have had the opportunity to see them after a win?

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 10:17 PM
Were you there in 1998? What other time would you have had the opportunity to see them after a win?

:pop:

Soonerfan88
10/24/2010, 10:31 PM
Some of the young drunk kids were obnoxious, but they were the minority. I could count on one hand, the number of problematic fans we encountered.

We congratulated the fans on their team's win and wished them well in the game against Nebraska (just like they did us 4 years ago, in our last trip to Columbia)

I did notice this morning, as we were leaving, they are the most trashy group - there was trash everywhere!!!! Even at hardcore NASCAR races, we did not see the amount of trash left by the fans!

That was my experience in 2006 but this year I agree with the OP -- definitely LSU level. I saw people peeing on Oklahoma cars (not the tires, the cars themselves), cups of beer and pi** thrown on folks, OU fans shoved and elbowed out of the way when there was plenty of room to walk, and more F*** OU and middle fingers than I can count. Yes, most of them were students or younger fans but not one of the older crowd said a word or even tried to apologize for them.

IowaSooner26
10/24/2010, 10:40 PM
Sounds like the Mizzou fans that I encountered during the Big XII Championship in 2008. Luckily for me Sam and the gang shut them all up pretty quickly, minus the drunk broad behind me that decided she wanted to wake up after being passed out for the first half and throw up on me. Dumb Bitch

sooner59
10/24/2010, 10:43 PM
I heard a "F*** OU" on tv that they didn't mute out. I heard muting a number of times, not having anything to do with the "audio problems" they were having. Hell, they probably screwed up the audio on purpose just to cut out their fans cussing so much.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 10:51 PM
I heard a "F*** OU" on tv that they didn't mute out. I heard muting a number of times, not having anything to do with the "audio problems" they were having. Hell, they problems screwed up the audio on purpose just to cut out their fans cussing so much.

You might be right about that. It was odd that abc wasn't able to fix the audio

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 10:53 PM
Sounds like the Mizzou fans that I encountered during the Big XII Championship in 2008. Luckily for me Sam and the gang shut them all up pretty quickly, minus the drunk broad behind me that decided she wanted to wake up after being passed out for the first half and throw up on me. Dumb Bitch

Yeah once they started to bail that night The wife and I moved our kids away from the dip****s behind us too. Sorry to hear you got puked on. Gal should have been hauled out once she passed out.

TahoeSOONER
10/24/2010, 11:11 PM
The have some serious hate issues for OU that I haven't seen in a long time in our conference. You can say this kind of stuff is repeated all you want but it was another level on Saturday and it comes down to they just are not use to winning so they get stupid and uppity (insert blazzing saddles joke here) when they finally win one.

yermom
10/24/2010, 11:18 PM
yeah, they are small-time, they better hope we don't see them in Arlington.

"you can't spell ********** without OU" seems like their new mantra

BoomerSoonerGoOU
10/24/2010, 11:38 PM
Meh. I was in Columbia all day yesterday. I had more friendly encounters than not. One guy was talking sh*t from across the street. Shortly thereafter he tripped. We applauded. Dude kept talking sh*t. My Mizzou friend flipped him off and told him she was embarrassed he was wearing gold. That shut him up.

Did anyone else think their crowd was weak? Definitely one of the more quiet stadiums I've been to in the Big 12.

Sooner_Tuf
10/24/2010, 11:51 PM
What goes around comes around.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 12:55 AM
They were probably worse than the fans I encountered on my last two trips to Lubbock.

MeMyself&Me
10/25/2010, 04:40 AM
Did anyone else think their crowd was weak? Definitely one of the more quiet stadiums I've been to in the Big 12.

This is how it came off on the TV. I commented several times that I couldn't believe how quiet their stadium was and this was not during the audio dropouts. I don't think I've ever heard a home crowd down by 60 sound as quiet as it did through the TV. How big is their stadium?

Okie35
10/25/2010, 05:14 AM
This is how it came off on the TV. I commented several times that I couldn't believe how quiet their stadium was and this was not during the audio dropouts. I don't think I've ever heard a home crowd down by 60 sound as quiet as it did through the TV. How big is their stadium?

It holds around 71,000.

MrJimBeam
10/25/2010, 05:57 AM
I was a little surprised by the behavior of some of their fans. It was mostly college age kids though. Their thing was to walk up behind you a boo very loudly in your ear. I did tailgate with some over 30 Mizzou fans before the game and they were great. I only saw one "adult" drop an f*** OU. I shut one Mizzou fan down after the game when I wished him good luck in the Big 10 next year.

MR2-Sooner86
10/25/2010, 06:33 AM
I'm sorry guys, it's my fault :(

I was with several friends at the Big 12 Championship Game in 2008 and we were right in the middle of the Missouri section and...we were drunk so...yeah...

It probably didn't help either when at the tailgate we all took a **** behind the door of the Tahoe we were in and it ran downhill into a big section of Missouri fan's coolers and food...

BFS
10/25/2010, 06:48 AM
What a bunch of "F*%K-STICKS"!!!! One littile sonofabitch tried to slap my hat off my head, did I mention what a bunch of f-sticks?

fadada1
10/25/2010, 07:50 AM
sorry to hear about all the "bad apples". i've never been to game in boulder, but have heard they might be the worst as a collective group (students and adults). tough part about going to away games is the "mob mentality". should you get poked or shoved, you have almost no recourse in defending yourself/wife/girlfriend, as the "mob" most definitely wouldn't help you out should things progress beyond the obligatory, "F*CK OU" shout-outs.

sucks that you have to show up in neutral colors with no markers of loyalty on your vehicle.

oh, well. i have a feeling the world will come crashing down on mizzou very soon.

TigerNuts
10/25/2010, 08:20 AM
You could at least say your sorry to the old folks in Yukon on your way to Lincoln/huskerboard.com.

http://www.huskerboard.com/

What should I apologize for? I wasn't even there.

That sucks that they ran into some *******s. I don't condone it and think it's embarrassing. But to say that it is unique to Missouri is naive.

3rdgensooner
10/25/2010, 08:35 AM
But to say that it is unique to Missouri is naive.Sooner fans are known for their naivete. Good call.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2010, 08:38 AM
Here is a measure of the Mizzou fans (worst in Big 12, never been to CU so..)

Was in the pep band for a trip 78/79 - I forget. As a Tuba, I was in the last row - had a fiberglass horn. I ended up using the bell of the horn to deflect $hit thrown our way the whole game. We complained to the Missouri state police and they said, they're throwing stuff at us too. Wouldn't do anything. They are as bad or worse than LSU fans. They may just not smell like corn dogs.

I have no desire to ever set foot on that campus again.

BFS
10/25/2010, 08:38 AM
I am not naive and I can take the f-bombs but don't put your grubby F'N hands on me!

MU Tiger fan
10/25/2010, 09:07 AM
Sorry to see so many reports of abusive behavior, but I'm not surprised. 18,000 of those students had been drinking from Game Day on. No excuse. I'll say this about the Sooner fans I encountered, much better than NU fans. At every NU v MU game in Columbia, I've seen NU fans inciting the crowd, yelling things from cars, etc. The Sooner fans I saw were all respectful of the Tigers, and seemed to be enjoying themselves, despite the outcome. However, I don't sit on the student side. That was a crazy mob scene. It’s probably hard to imagine how bad Tiger fans wanted this one. Before the game it occurred to me that we might see a student on the field attempting a tackle. Some had not slept the night before, Red Bull, 5-hour energy drinks, liquor and weed. Smelled weed at the Game Day taping about 7:30 am. So perhaps this was over the top for the average OU fan. But I’ve got a feeling your students might have been able to hang in there with them.

I found the comment about the stadium not being loud funny. It was obvious that the Sooner O thought it was loud. It's as loud as we ever get. You got our whole game, fans and team. We brought pretty much everything we had. I thought we were loud.

sooneron
10/25/2010, 09:11 AM

This is true, but some fan bases have well more than their share of turds. This looks to be true for yours, as well.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
10/25/2010, 10:13 AM
Sorry to see so many reports of abusive behavior, but I'm not surprised. 18,000 of those students had been drinking from Game Day on. No excuse. I'll say this about the Sooner fans I encountered, much better than NU fans. At every NU v MU game in Columbia, I've seen NU fans inciting the crowd, yelling things from cars, etc. The Sooner fans I saw were all respectful of the Tigers, and seemed to be enjoying themselves, despite the outcome. However, I don't sit on the student side. That was a crazy mob scene. It’s probably hard to imagine how bad Tiger fans wanted this one. Before the game it occurred to me that we might see a student on the field attempting a tackle. Some had not slept the night before, Red Bull, 5-hour energy drinks, liquor and weed. Smelled weed at the Game Day taping about 7:30 am. So perhaps this was over the top for the average OU fan. But I’ve got a feeling your students might have been able to hang in there with them.

I found the comment about the stadium not being loud funny. It was obvious that the Sooner O thought it was loud. It's as loud as we ever get. You got our whole game, fans and team. We brought pretty much everything we had. I thought we were loud.

Maybe it was where I was sitting. I'm sure it was louder on the field for our O. Having attended a football game at 11 of 12 Big 12 schools and several games across the country, including Oregon 2006 and KSU 2000, I know loud. Loud is where I used my fingers as ear plugs; loud is when I can't hear myself think. However, crowd noise is relative. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere was tremendous, but methinks it was relative to what you guys are accustomed to.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:16 AM

I mean I wasn't there but on TV I swear there were times the crowd was dead silent. It was mostly in the 3rd quarter.

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 10:26 AM
They've never been there before, so it's hard to expect them to know how to behave.

We'll educate them next year on how to win with grace and dignity.

MU Tiger fan
10/25/2010, 10:26 AM
Well, regardless of the relative home field advantage, I'm sure glad we played you in Columbia this year!

You've got three tough road games left in front of you. Maybe Columbia was the easiest place to play of OSU, aTm, and MU... but surely it was a tough as Baylor! right?

If OU runs the table, and MU does what it takes to win the North, we'll have a great game on an (almost) neutral field.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 10:28 AM
After going to away games the past few years I've had experiences with lots of rude fans. I used to talk **** back, but doesn't really do anything except get the mob of excited fans more rude. The things I hated about the Missouri game that I haven't experienced other places was after they won, they thought they need to get up in my face and yell at me and start clap right in front of my face. I just ignored them and kept walking but a bit childish if you ask me. Also I was behind the band and during the fourth quarter thier fans would not stop taking pictures of the OU fans, like maybe 10-15 people doing this. Is this common behavior after a win for some fans? Are they going to home and get off to the pictures of pissed off OU fans? I mean I've seen people take images from the TV of a pissed off fan, but sitting there taking pictures of random strangers is a bit rude to me...

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:29 AM
Well, regardless of the relative home field advantage, I'm sure glad we played you in Columbia this year!

You've got three tough road games left in front of you. Maybe Columbia was the easiest place to play of OSU, aTm, and MU... but surely it was a tough as Baylor! right?

If OU runs the table, and MU does what it takes to win the North, we'll have a great game on an (almost) neutral field.

ATM won't be tough. I mean you guys won there, right :rolleyes:. OSU will be a tough one.

OU Engineer
10/25/2010, 10:34 AM
I wouldnt generalize this across all fan bases.

Seems to me most of the time the fans who dont know how to win or lose with class are the ones that also dont have any tradition. Think about it: Nebbish fans are for the most part good people, hell I've even had my fair share of * fans tell me "good game" after we whooped that a$$.

But when it comes down to it, the fans with no tradition tend to be the most drunk and most rude. E.G.:

oSu
Mizzou
LSU
TTU

Im not saying there arent bad apples in every group, but when they dont know how to win big games they dont know how to win with class.

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 10:40 AM
I got spit on in Stillwater 15 years ago. I haven't been back, and I can't imagine that I ever will.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 10:42 AM
I got spit on in Stillwater 15 years ago. I haven't been back, and I can't imagine that I ever will.

:eek:

OUEngr1990
10/25/2010, 10:45 AM
Thats because OU has been winning big games amd championships for DECADES. We've been there before, many times. These teams never really won anything, then when they beat OU, all that pent up frustration comes out. Sucks to be them..

OUEngr1990
10/25/2010, 10:47 AM

I've got aggies in my family (yes, there I admit it). They whine and complain about how bad OU fans are, when in reality, they are much worse.

3rdgensooner
10/25/2010, 10:48 AM
OU fans are very hospitable in Norman. We have no interest in being courteous in the Cotton Bowl. And probably aren't on best behavior with the pokes.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 10:57 AM
Meh. I was in Columbia all day yesterday. I had more friendly encounters than not. One guy was talking sh*t from across the street. Shortly thereafter he tripped. We applauded. Dude kept talking sh*t. My Mizzou friend flipped him off and told him she was embarrassed he was wearing gold. That shut him up.

It might have helped since you were with Mizzou people...and I would say for the most part they were nice before the game. Older people coming up saying welcome to Columbia. After the game was when they were *******s

humblesooner
10/25/2010, 11:18 AM
Regarding the noise issue (from a TV viewer's perspective), we noticed that the announcers were talking in a normal voice and we had no problem hearing them. But we also commented how quiet the crowd sounded and wondered if they had put the announcers on a different line of communication due to the audio problems and lost the "crowd noise" mics. We had no trouble hearing the announcers and they were not yelling like you will sometimes hear on loud games. But the crowd noise was almost non-existent on TV.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 11:22 AM
I was there, seemed pretty loud. Not the loudest but they probably played a part in the game.

OU_Sooners75
10/25/2010, 11:30 AM
From my experience with them in 2008 in KC, they are obnoxious and very stupid when it comes to football.

I am not saying that for all of them, but there are a lot of tools as fans here...mainly like Okie Lite because nobody really cares for them outside of people associated with that school in one way or the other.

picasso
10/25/2010, 05:30 PM
We can throw the every school mantra around but I never see fans treated in any way shape or form like this in Norman.
Only one time in 2001 when k-state visited. And it was an isolated bit.

Any fan who acts this way leads a sad little life.

tfoolry
10/25/2010, 06:07 PM
For what it's worth, I ran into a bunch of them in the Party Cove in Lake of the Ozarks several years ago & they had a lot of bad things to say about every other Big 12 school but had nothing but respect for OU. Their maniacal post-game reaction proves that.

LRoss
10/25/2010, 07:01 PM
I wasn't there on Saturday but went to an OU basketball game there a couple years back. It was a big late-season game and the fans created an unbelievable atmosphere in the gym and maintained it the whole game. I had to hand it to them on that, but it is obviously easier in basketball (smaller capacity, shorter game). I did ask one fan nearby if it was like that every game, and he said no, not at all or even close, except for Kansas.

For the most part I was treated reasonably by people (even after they won), but no question there were a couple absolute morons in our section yelling the most idiotic things, but nothing physical. In all it wasn't bad.

msteudem
10/25/2010, 11:43 PM
That was my experience in 2006 but this year I agree with the OP -- definitely LSU level. I saw people peeing on Oklahoma cars (not the tires, the cars themselves), cups of beer and pi** thrown on folks, OU fans shoved and elbowed out of the way when there was plenty of room to walk, and more F*** OU and middle fingers than I can count. Yes, most of them were students or younger fans but not one of the older crowd said a word or even tried to apologize for them.

You must have been in Section 1. Out of all the Sooner fans in our section we had a married couple about 23 yrs old or so that were Mizzou fans sitting next to us. Right after the first TD the girl puts both middle finger high to everyone around her and starts yelling at the top of her lungs FU OU over and over. She got into it with my friend 10 mins later who was almost 3 times her age. Her husband tried get me to fight but I just ignored him until he started walking passed me and tried elbow me and putting his forarm into me. I had security come get him then his wife started cussing me out and everyone around us. I got the security's attention again and said here's another one, come get her too. She left and everyone applauded in our section. Unfortunately they let them return back to our section with a warning. By then we had found all of their hidden liquor. The girl started taking pics with her digital camera after the game and tried to put it up in my face to get a close up but I knocked it out of her hand. Her husband had sobered up by then and didn't try anything with me. They started leaving and he shouts into my friends face (again the lady almost 3 times their age), "We beat you, yeahhh!!!!" To which she replied sarcastically, "Well, it's about time." :D
My wife was in our SUV driving with my kids and people were flipping them off and yelling obscenities when they say our OU magnet on the door.
I was shocked at the behaviour even though I did run into some decent fans.
I for one will not go back to another game there. The game would have been a lot more palatible had we not had to deal with those numbnuts.

GottaHavePride
10/25/2010, 11:48 PM
I have several friends who spent years in the KU marching band. One in particular said every time he went to Missouri he was glad he marched with cymbals, because he could use them to block the flying beer bottles.

SDMizzou
10/26/2010, 12:41 AM
Hey OU fans. I would like to respond to a few things I have read on this thread:

1) You guys were talking about the crowd noise at faurot field. I have been to Faurot for some fairly big games (hasnt been many in my lifetime) but I have never heard it very loud. That being said I have been to some big games in the Hearns Center, Mizzou Arena and Arrowhead stadium for the 07 KU game and have heard Mizzou fans extremely loud at those venues dispite less people. I just think Faurot field isnt set up to trap noise and doesnt get very loud.

2) I was extremely impressed with your team after watching the game Saturday night. I admit, I thought you guys were slightly overrated coming into the game but now I am sure that OU, MU and NU could all be the best team in the Big 12 on any given night (NU is the most inconsistent though). Finch is a freak athlete, kinda reminds me of a young Barry Sanders. I wouldnt want to be Colorado next week. I'd take you guys by 50 in that game.

3) I will be the first to admit, Mizzou has some really bad fans. Anyone disrespecting OU fans need to be punched. I probably respect OU's athletic program more than any other in the country if only for the reason that everytime Mizzou gets to the top, OU is always there to put us in our place, both basketball and football (Elite 8, damn you guys). OU fans have always treated me with respect even at Arrowhead in 08 for the Big 12 CG. That day sucked more than you could understand, but it was never thrown in my face.

4) GottaHavePride - You can't use KU as an example, the Rivalry between us and KU has more hate than you could ever understand unless you are a life fan of either team. It goes both ways and as far as respect goes, there is none between these two schools. That was a terrible example. I will shake the hand of an OU fan or a Nebraksa fan after a good game that we lost, but I would never and will never give KU credit for anything, that's just the way it is.

noobalicious
10/26/2010, 01:42 AM
The difference between OU fans and a lot of other fan bases is that when OU wins, our fans act like they've been there before and generally leave the opponent's fans alone. I know there's a few idiots, but I can't tell you the number of times I've walked out of our stadium after a win and everyone is just chatting. Sometimes the other fans will come up to you and say "congrats" or "you guys have a good team" or something like that, but in general I haven't seen anyone give them a hard time.

I was at Mizzou one time for the game in 06 and I ran into quite a few morons. They weren't as bad in San Antonio.

It's amazing how I have more problems with other fans at games like that than I do from undoubtedly our biggest rival - Texas.

SDMizzou
10/26/2010, 02:13 AM
If Mizzou was taking turns with OU going to the National Championship every other year, I dont think I would have a problem with anyone or anything, haha.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/26/2010, 02:27 AM
sorry to hear about all the "bad apples". i've never been to game in boulder, but have heard they might be the worst as a collective group (students and adults). tough part about going to away games is the "mob mentality". should you get poked or shoved, you have almost no recourse in defending yourself/wife/girlfriend, as the "mob" most definitely wouldn't help you out should things progress beyond the obligatory, "F*CK OU" shout-outs.

sucks that you have to show up in neutral colors with no markers of loyalty on your vehicle.

oh, well. i have a feeling the world will come crashing down on mizzou very soon.Doubtful the bugs will drop 8 passesagainst the Wannabe Defectors.

SDMizzou
10/26/2010, 03:38 AM
Also doubtful: Gabbert going 4/16 with only 62 yards

Okie35
10/26/2010, 05:54 AM
Also doubtful: Gabbert going 4/16 with only 62 yards

He can go 18/35 for 283 yards and 2 TDs. Your backs can go over 200 yards for 2 tds and Moe can have 150 yards receiving and 2 tds. You'd still have a hard time winning.

swardboy
10/26/2010, 07:31 AM
They've never been there before, so it's hard to expect them to know how to behave.

We'll educate them DECEMBER 6TH on how to win with grace and dignity.

FIFY

MichiganSooner
10/26/2010, 07:42 AM
I tailgated for 5 hours pregame, went to the game with 5 Mizzou fans, and it was fine until they won. After the game the 12 hours of drinking set in and get this, they acted like they never won a big game before. The people we went with were embarassed with some of the taunting. The younger, im 33, the more pathetic it got.

No suprise here.

This. They never won a big game before.

soonerbrat
10/26/2010, 07:44 AM
Worst Misery fan experience: 2007 BIGXII championship game in San Antonio.

the fans before the game were completely obnoxious, totally confident that they would beat the crap out of Oklahoma, cursing at me and my friends, calling us names, taunting us....every time one of them would say something about how Misery would win, I'd just laugh and say "we'll see" and that would really make'em mad.

after the game I went with my friend to a bar on the riverwalk. this girl from Mizzou and her boyfriend were all "oh, that was a good game, congratulations, let me buy you guys a shot"

So, they bought me a shot and the girl poured it all over my face.

The End.

soonerchk
10/26/2010, 09:30 AM
FIFY

No, if we get them in December and win, we're gonna rub their punk noses in it.:cool:

yukonsooner
10/26/2010, 12:11 PM
TigerNuts post is just a prime example of mizzou fans. I can't believe the pic. You know if he was doing that in a parking lot that would be one thing, but now a guy can't take a leek without picturers??? Or was TigerNuts taking the picture for his future enjoyment after he was alone????

OU_Sooners75
10/26/2010, 12:18 PM

Where were you before the 2008 Big 12 Championship Game?

They were talking mad smack then. Hell, inside Arrowhead I had some dip**** Missouri fan talking ****.

I just turned around and said to him and his buddies, "Will you be here after halftime?" And that was before the game started.

Needless to say, the only people in our section at half time were Sooner fans and maybe a couple Missouri fans frozen to their seats.

After the game, we were walking back to the car. There was some drunk stupid missour fans cussing and yelling at an old couple that happened to be parked two stalls down from them. One of the guys did have a clear head, because he pushed his friends into the car.

Another area, the pissed off Missouri fans just dumped their hot coals onto some trash and lit it ablaze and left.

It was a pathetic site to see.

I didnt go to the NC in N.O. So i cannot say how their fans were. But I can say that of all the fans I have ran across, Missouri is right near the top of the rudest and stupidest!

soonerbrat
10/26/2010, 12:26 PM
Where were you before the 2008 Big 12 Championship Game?

They were talking mad smack then. Hell, inside Arrowhead I had some dip**** Missouri fan talking ****.

I just turned around and said to him and his buddies, "Will you be here after halftime?" And that was before the game started.

Needless to say, the only people in our section at half time were Sooner fans and maybe a couple Missouri fans frozen to their seats.

After the game, we were wlaking back to the car. There was some drunk stupid missour fans cussing and yelling at an old couple that happened to be parked two stalls down from them. One of the guys did have a clear head, because he pushed his friends into the car.

Another area, the pissed off Missouri fans just dumped their hot coals onto some trash and let it ablaze and left.

It was a pathetic site to see.

I didnt go to the NC in N.O. So i cannot say how their fans were. But I can say that of all the fans I have ran across, Missouri is right near the top of the rudest and stupidest!

weren't you there with me at a tailgate at one of those in KC, maybe against KSU? and someone threw beer bottles at us?

OU_Sooners75
10/26/2010, 12:30 PM
weren't you there with me at a tailgate at one of those in KC, maybe against KSU? and someone threw beer bottles at us?

That was the Kansas State Game in 2003.

Yeah, KSU fans were almost as bad as the Missouri fans.

I do remember a small group of them intentionally running into my brother and I (and you neither of us are small guys) trying to start a fight. I was drunk, but my bro wasnt. I was ready for a fight...but the security guards saw it all and stepped in. They ushered the KSU fans out of the stadium.

TigerNuts
10/26/2010, 03:44 PM
TigerNuts post is just a prime example of mizzou fans. I can't believe the pic. You know if he was doing that in a parking lot that would be one thing, but now a guy can't take a leek without picturers??? Or was TigerNuts taking the picture for his future enjoyment after he was alone????

Actually, according to last year's fan poll, OU ranks just ahead of us as the rudest fans for visitors. And, according to your own fans, there are at least 5 schools ahead of us.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/specials/fansurvey/2009/big12.html

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 03:48 PM
Actually, according to last year's fan poll, OU ranks just ahead of us as the rudest fans for visitors. And, according to your own fans, there are at least 5 schools ahead of us.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/specials/fansurvey/2009/big12.html

I have a lot of faith that if your team can keep being an actual threat in the Big XII for a decade instead of a few games...mizzou's numbers will rise.

3rdgensooner
10/26/2010, 03:56 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/ncaa/specials/fansurvey/2009/big12.htmlNot much expertise in this poll:

Are you a season-ticket holder?
Yes ......No
29.7% ...69.7%

How many home games do you attend per season?
None...... 1-2...... 3-4...... 5 or more
24.9%......35.0%....12.7%......27.1%

How many road games, including bowls, do you attend per season?
None...... 1-2...... 3-4...... 5 or more
46.1%......47.4%....4.1%......1.9%

I'd be interested to know how many have actually visited the campuses they're rating.

Cornfed
10/26/2010, 03:59 PM

Let me get this straight you tout an online poll as proof that OU fans are rude.

3rdgensooner
10/26/2010, 04:02 PM
Tomahawk Nation disagrees with the poll (http://www.tomahawknation.com/2010/9/15/1690716/welcome-to-norman-were-glad-your)

10/26/2010, 04:22 PM
Regarding the noise issue (from a TV viewer's perspective), we noticed that the announcers were talking in a normal voice and we had no problem hearing them. But we also commented how quiet the crowd sounded and wondered if they had put the announcers on a different line of communication due to the audio problems and lost the "crowd noise" mics. We had no trouble hearing the announcers and they were not yelling like you will sometimes hear on loud games. But the crowd noise was almost non-existent on TV.earlier in the broadcast, before the crowd noise seemed anemic, it was QUITE LOUD, esp. when OU was on defense.

goingoneight
10/26/2010, 04:28 PM
I don't know why we have threads like this anymore. Some of the most embarassing excuses for people you'll find at sporting events. I could go a BYU and find an angry, foul-mouthed, idiotic drunk fan amongst thousands of happy-go-lucky Mormons. I will say just based on reputation and what I see on TV, though... I hope to never be in the vicinity of any Philadelphia sport's fanbase. Gotta draw the line somewhere. And Stoolwater... yeah... Fark Stoolwater.

soonerbrat
10/26/2010, 04:32 PM
I don't know why we have threads like this anymore. Some of the most embarassing excuses for people you'll find at sporting events. I could go a BYU and find an angry, foul-mouthed, idiotic drunk fan amongst thousands of happy-go-lucky Mormons. I will say just based on reputation and what I see on TV, though... I hope to never be in the vicinity of any Philadelphia sport's fanbase. Gotta draw the line somewhere. And Stoolwater... yeah... Fark Stoolwater.

i didn't see a single cursing angry mormon when we played them.

OKLA21FAN
10/26/2010, 05:18 PM
i didn't see a single cursing angry mormon when we played them.

this

StoopTroup
10/26/2010, 05:24 PM
It never seems to be a big deal until you pull in and 40-50 opposing fans start ****ing with you...then I think it's the right thing to do to mention it to them via the internet. At some point the School is responsible to try and clean up their Fans act IMO. If I was Yukon...I think I'd write Brady J. Deaton the Chancellor there about his trip to Columbia.

http://chancellor.missouri.edu/about/biography.php

Nothing might come of it but at least they hear about it.

Also nothing like having a little video evidence to back up your claims these days too.

Just sayin'

yukonsooner
10/26/2010, 09:14 PM
It never seems to be a big deal until you pull in and 40-50 opposing fans start ****ing with you...then I think it's the right thing to do to mention it to them via the internet. At some point the School is responsible to try and clean up their Fans act IMO. If I was Yukon...I think I'd write Brady J. Deaton the Chancellor there about his trip to Columbia.

http://chancellor.missouri.edu/about/biography.php

Nothing might come of it but at least they hear about it.

Also nothing like having a little video evidence to back up your claims these days too.

Just sayin'
Thanks for the suggestion and address I'll be on that first thing in the morning.

OU_Sooners75
10/26/2010, 09:20 PM

LMFAO...that is about the biggest pile of **** I have ever seen.

Ask any FSU fan, Air Force Fan, USU Fan, TCU Fan, Alabama Fan, UCLA Fan, Miami Fan, any fan that is not in our conference that has visited Norman.

Most from that poll are from Texas and Okie Lite...and the rest of the big 12....I would hate OU fans too if I werent as spoiled as they were!

OU fans are some of the most knowledgeable and gracious hosts in the nation.

10/26/2010, 10:27 PM
Let me get this straight you tout an online poll as proof that OU fans are rude.Maybe that makes good sense on Missouri websites

DakotaSooner
10/27/2010, 09:44 AM
It might have helped since you were with Mizzou people...and I would say for the most part they were nice before the game. Older people coming up saying welcome to Columbia. After the game was when they were *******s

I totally agree that the ones we were tailgaiting with were nice. Everyone we ran into before the game welcomed us to Columbia and invited us to have a beer with them. My family and I live in South Dakota so even when we go to OU games it is a road trip for us. We honestly had just as much fun there as we have had in Norman. Obviously after the game there was taunting going on, that is the risk you take when you go to a road game....

I personally was impressed with their crowd....I have been to Iowa St and K State games and they were much louder than those places. I know that MO seats and extra 15,000 or so more than those two places but impressed with the crowd turn out and the willingness of the students to wave the pom poms every chance they got.

Stingers2
10/27/2010, 04:09 PM
I personally told every Sooner fan I saw, good luck on Saturday. Heck we even had some Sooner fans at our Tailgate that were in the RV Lot. Nice folks. Every fan base has idiots, you all would be naive to think otherwise.

Whet
10/27/2010, 07:55 PM
Which lot? O or X

OU_Sooners75
10/27/2010, 08:08 PM
I personally told every Sooner fan I saw, good luck on Saturday. Heck we even had some Sooner fans at our Tailgate that were in the RV Lot. Nice folks. Every fan base has idiots, you all would be naive to think otherwise.

I think we all know every fan base has their idiots....just some have more than others.

StoopTroup
10/31/2010, 11:50 AM
Wonder how it going for Tigernuts? Wonder if NU fans are patting them on the back for kicking their ***?

MyT Oklahoma
10/31/2010, 01:22 PM
Somehow I really doubt that all of those obnoxious Mizzou fans of a week ago were running their mouths quite as much in Lincoln as they were at home against OU.

The true test of any fan base is their sportsmanship. Mizzou was tested and found lacking. And yesterday so was their football team. :rolleyes: