PDA

View Full Version : actually liked murray

soonerchris
10/24/2010, 08:14 PM
:pop: playing the slot with finch in the backfield. I thought it really served us well. It would be awesome to see that with broyles in as well. Any thoughts??

Collier11
10/24/2010, 08:15 PM
It seems obvious that Finch's running style fits our run scheme better than Murrays does but we also know how loyal Stoops is. I would imagine it will continue how it has been. Murray getting 20 touches, Finch probably 10

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 08:16 PM
Yeah. I think Finch could play it too and have DM in the backfield. Finch looks like he can catch too. Would be funny to watch them changing positions between snaps.

TigerNuts
10/24/2010, 08:18 PM
I am not looking forward to seeing Finch every year in the future. He is good.

soonerchris
10/24/2010, 08:22 PM
With that unit out there we were soooo much faster. It's amazing to me how much speed we really have. Almost like fantasy football or something

Boomer38Sooner
10/24/2010, 08:24 PM
Just think about this... Murray or Madu in the slot, Murray or Madu on Landry's right or left, and Finch on the other side of him... That would be sweet!

As long as Mossis can hold on the to ball.

HOLD ON TO THE BALL BILLINGSLEY!!!!!

BlownGP
10/24/2010, 08:24 PM
yeah, I loved it..

I have my respect for DM, but I was pissed when Finch wasnt out there. He he so fast and shifty..

soonerchris
10/24/2010, 08:28 PM
Just think about this... Murray or Madu in the slot, Murray or Madu on Landry's right or left, and Finch on the other side of him... That would be sweet!

As long as Mossis can hold on the to ball.

HOLD ON TO THE BALL BILLINGSLEY!!!!!

AND BROYLES!!!!

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 08:28 PM
Watching that footage of DM's hand cut had me pretty worried as it was bleeding pretty good. I wonder how the hell he did that. Also wonder if it bothered him during the game. I know he had it wrapped and they put a glove over it but it still had to have some affect on his catching the ball.

Collier11
10/24/2010, 08:32 PM
I dont know that Madu will see the field much anymore, the guy keeps making mistakes

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 08:32 PM
Watching that footage of DM's hand cut had me pretty worried as it was bleeding pretty good. I wonder how the hell he did that. Also wonder if it bothered him during the game. I know he had it wrapped and they put a glove over it but it still had to have some affect on his catching the ball.

They said they had to put stitches in it.

soonerchris
10/24/2010, 08:34 PM
In the spirit of the "Hot tub time machine" that game was our white buffalo!!!

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 08:38 PM
They said they had to put stitches in it.

Didn't hear that either. That sucks. That means it's probably swollen now and probably hurts like a sum beach. Hopefully it will heal up enough before Saturday.

BlownGP
10/24/2010, 08:38 PM
I dont know that Madu will see the field much anymore, the guy keeps making mistakes

I was shocked to seem him back out there after that, but then its like what are you supposed?
He returns that punt for almost a TD....just glad im not a coach

Breadburner
10/24/2010, 09:19 PM
How did he cut it.....?

oumartin
10/24/2010, 09:28 PM
when murray was playing receiver and finch was the back they moved the ball right down the field. I was NOT suprised we never went back to it.

cvsooner
10/24/2010, 09:29 PM
Announcers didn't say but it was probably banging into a helmet or something.

swardboy
10/24/2010, 09:36 PM
Props to DM even playing with that hand. I forget how many stitches they put in it BEFORE the game.

yankee
10/25/2010, 01:17 AM
when murray was playing receiver and finch was the back they moved the ball right down the field. I was NOT suprised we never went back to it.

heh

sooner59
10/25/2010, 02:23 AM
I heard that Murray held Chuck Norris down while Finch raped him. That's what James Hale is reporting. I'll get back to you when Chip Brown chimes in.

gaylordfan1
10/25/2010, 03:16 AM
Well, listening to Stoops on the Sunday night replay, he said Finch is still learning the offense and wasn't ready for the constant checks at the line. Said they had to make play calls specific to what he knew.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/25/2010, 08:47 AM
Will have to say, Kevin Wilson impressed me with his calls and line up against Mizzou. Innovative and exciting. We just didn't execute well. If we had the first 14 points back Mizzou scored, we would have probably won.

I don't know, but Bob better get that kicking game back in gear. He is the position coach for that!!!

Sooners78
10/25/2010, 09:13 AM
Will have to say, Kevin Wilson impressed me with his calls and line up against Mizzou. Innovative and exciting. We just didn't execute well. If we had the first 14 points back Mizzou scored, we would have probably won.

This. Offensive game plan was great. Take away the KO return, score TDs on our 2 red zone turnovers (not KWs fault), and we win 41-29.

I'm pumped about the coaches working Finch into this offense. We'll be an offensive machine by bedlum. Hopefully, we can outscore the pokes!

sooner518
10/25/2010, 10:10 AM
I thought the series where Finch and Murray were out there was the same series that Broyles was not becuase his ankle was bothering him or something. someone said that yesterday.

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2010, 10:12 AM
If we had the first 14 points back Mizzou scored, we would have probably won.

The same can be said of the last 14 right? :P

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2010, 10:13 AM
I thought the series where Finch and Murray were out there was the same series that Broyles was not becuase his ankle was bothering him or something. someone said that yesterday.

This is correct. I'd like to see all 3 on the field at once.

Sooner_Tuf
10/25/2010, 10:18 AM
The same can be said of the last 14 right? :P

Well yeah if we take away all the points they scored and add a few touchdowns to our score we would have laid a real beat down on Mizzou :/

OUmillenium
10/25/2010, 10:58 AM
Well, listening to Stoops on the Sunday night replay, he said Finch is still learning the offense and wasn't ready for the constant checks at the line. Said they had to make play calls specific to what he knew.

So why not keep doing that if it works?

OUthunder
10/25/2010, 11:11 AM
Yeah. I think Finch could play it too and have DM in the backfield. Finch looks like he can catch too. Would be funny to watch them changing positions between snaps.

This goes for his staff too. Murray will be a slot receiver in the NFL if he makes a team. Maybe a punt returner/kick returner.

soonerchris
10/31/2010, 11:29 PM
Wow. I guess Mr. Stoops DOES read this board.....I'm a visionary:P