PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 BCS Standings

SoonerNation20
10/24/2010, 07:25 PM
are about to be released. They showed 11-25, and OU isn't there.. so that's good. Let's hope for 7 or 8.

Boomer.....
10/24/2010, 07:27 PM
9th

1 Auburn .9371
2 Oregon .9069
3 Boise State .8846
4 TCU .8833
5 Michigan State .8387
6 Missouri .8006
7 Alabama .7100
8 Utah .7049
9 Oklahoma .6691
10 Wisconsin .6584

Crucifax Autumn
I'll take that with a smile.

Boomer.....
I bet Oregon is pissed! :D

GKeeper316
10/24/2010, 07:28 PM
thats higher than i thought we'd be, but still decent position.

SoonerNation20
Ouch.. number 9

10. Wisconsin
9. OU
8. Utah
7. Alabama
6. Mizzou
5. Michigan State
4. TCU
3. Boise
2. Oregon
1. Auburn

GKeeper316

good

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2010, 07:29 PM
ORegon can suck it.

SoonerNation20
10/24/2010, 07:30 PM
I think we're sitting just fine. Not worried about Utah, Alabama or Auburn will be gone after they play eachother, We'll smoke Mizzou, Michigan State loses at Iowa, Oregon loses at SUC... Boise and TCU kick rocks..

OU vs Alabama national championship.. :)

JLEW1818
10/24/2010, 07:31 PM
I think we're sitting just fine. Not worried about Utah, Alabama or Auburn will be gone after they play eachother, We'll smoke Mizzou, Michigan State loses at Iowa, Oregon loses at SUC... Boise and TCU kick rocks..

OU vs Alabama national championship.. :)

yep, pretty much the only way it could happen.

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 07:33 PM
Actually, we need Bama to lose to LSU just in case one of those teams stay undefeated.

jumperstop
10/24/2010, 07:33 PM
I've seen stranger things happen...

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 07:36 PM
Stick around long enough and even stranger things will still happen.

sooneron
10/24/2010, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure wtf you people are smoking, but after last night's game, do you REALLY think this team should be in the NC game?

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure wtf you people are smoking, but after last night's game, do you REALLY think this team should be in the NC game?

Its all relative. A championship team in year A could be a 7-5 team in year B. If the other teams suck, we'll take it.

GKeeper316
10/24/2010, 07:41 PM
cant win a title if you dont even play for it...

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 07:42 PM
I just want to see us beat Colorado.

JLEW1818
10/24/2010, 07:43 PM
we owe Colorado for 2007

all pain will be taking out on them.

Hawkins has to be scared

SoonerNation20
10/24/2010, 07:46 PM

This year, there's not a clear cut "great" team. I don't think there's a complete team out there this year. Oregon, great offense, suspect defense. Auburn, Cam Newton, no defense. I could go on, but there's no point. I think OU is just as good as any of the teams ahead of us on any given night. If Michigan State beats Iowa, they could easily end up being in the national championship game, and do I think we could beat them? By 14+.

Last night, we obviously killed ourselves.. missed FG, missed 2 pt conversion, kick coverage, and 2 turnovers in the red zone. It was pretty much the worst we could have played, and we STILL had a lead in the 2nd half.

Our team is good enough, and i'm not one to knock the coaching staff, but I think we could all agree that more than a fair amount of the blame from last night can be directed at the coaches. If our coaches fix a couple of things, this team could be great.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 08:21 PM
In two weeks we'll be back in the top 5. Missouri, Michigan State, and Utah plays TCU (one of those teams have to lose) will lose.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 08:25 PM
Looks good, I agree, there is not a team that has not had a few jeckyl and hyde games. Even with the pitiful competition that boise has played they have had some bad quarters.

anything can happen

Sabanball
10/24/2010, 08:27 PM
My team's remaining schedule sets up nice--we have three games against ranked opponents left(two of them at home), one of them against the current no. 1 team, plus a CCG to add even more points. Not sure we can pull it off but if we can find a way to win out I think we've still got an OUTSIDE shot at Glendale.

BlownGP
10/24/2010, 08:29 PM
This year, there's not a clear cut "great" team. I don't think there's a complete team out there this year. Oregon, great offense, suspect defense. Auburn, Cam Newton, no defense. I could go on, but there's no point. I think OU is just as good as any of the teams ahead of us on any given night. If Michigan State beats Iowa, they could easily end up being in the national championship game, and do I think we could beat them? By 14+.

Last night, we obviously killed ourselves.. missed FG, missed 2 pt conversion, kick coverage, and 2 turnovers in the red zone. It was pretty much the worst we could have played, and we STILL had a lead in the 2nd half.

Our team is good enough, and i'm not one to knock the coaching staff, but I think we could all agree that more than a fair amount of the blame from last night can be directed at the coaches. If our coaches fix a couple of things, this team could be great.

x2.. Was just talking to my neighbor about that. He was saying there's probably going to be a 1 loss team in the NC game. Unless someone puts BSU and TCU in there.

Im very happy with 9. Way higher then I was thinking. Still in the mix of it.

Sabanball
10/24/2010, 08:32 PM
Boise and TCU will not be in it--their SOS will once again be their downfall. Look for them to slowly slide downward in the BCS poll in the coming weeks.

On top of that, who really thinks Mich St is better than Ohio St? I think Bama AND OU could potentially jump an undefeated spartan team when it gets down to crunch time in late November.

SoonerNation20
10/24/2010, 08:35 PM
My team's remaining schedule sets up nice--we have three games against ranked opponents left(two of them at home), one of them against the current no. 1 team, plus a CCG to add even more points. Not sure we can pull it off but if we can find a way to win out I think we've still got an OUTSIDE shot at Glendale.

I think Alabama is in if they can win out, but that's a tough road. My dream scenario is Alabama losing @ LSU, and then beating Auburn. That'd be like heaven.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 08:35 PM
Why are ppl writing off Utah? Don't be surprised if they beat TCU the game is in Mormon Country.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 08:37 PM
Boise and TCU will not be in it--their SOS will once again be their downfall. Look for them to slowly slide downward in the BCS poll in the coming weeks.

On top of that, who really thinks Mich St is better than Ohio St? I think Bama AND OU could potentially jump an undefeated spartan team when it gets down to crunch time in late November.

MSU won't beat Wisconsin next week. I hope :D

BlownGP
10/24/2010, 08:41 PM

ohh, I agree and I hope they do..

Okie35
10/24/2010, 08:45 PM
ohh, I agree and I hope they do..

TCU is actually in a better position than Boise State. They play Utah @ Utah.

SoonerNation20
10/24/2010, 08:47 PM

I don't think getting owned at Utah would be considered 'better position'

Okie35
10/24/2010, 08:49 PM
I don't think getting owned at Utah would be considered 'better position'

I mean as far as playing ranked teams. :D Oh yea and they will be owned. Like I said in two/three weeks we'll be back in the top 5.

Iam4OUru
10/24/2010, 08:54 PM

Not sure how many "points" you'll get from beating a team with 3 or 4 losses. The SEC could end up being it's own worst enemy.

BlownGP
10/24/2010, 08:58 PM

oo, Didnt know that.

Well thats great..watch them fall.

SoonerNation20
10/24/2010, 09:01 PM
Btw, Utah will lose at AFA this weekend.. lock it in.

Sooner70
10/24/2010, 09:01 PM
Better than I figgered. Being in the Top 10 BCS ain't shabby at this point. Gotta concentrate on beating Colorado and starting a run for Big 12 south. It'll be tough to go thru B12 S. undefeated, but if OU can shore up the gaps, maybe so.

I'd think Stoops line to the troops is that their Goals are still intact and doable. Win B12S, Win Big 12, BCS Bowl & maybe even NC.

Unfrozen Caveman Sooner
10/24/2010, 10:38 PM

#1 is cursed so far, I bet they are happy under the radar at #2.

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 10:42 PM
Yeah he's right, TCU will be ranked higher than BSU in the BCS if they win out. However winning at Utah is going to be difficult.

NOVSooner
10/25/2010, 07:32 AM
of the top 10, you have #5, #6 probable and/or most likely to lose this week, we're in a good position imo. auburn should lose at some point. oregon has usc with usc having 2 weeks to prepare. this is going to be an interesting stretch of the remainder of the season. and if mizzou loses this week and we win, wonder if we jump them?

madillsoonerfan5353
10/25/2010, 07:48 AM
and if mizzou loses this week and we win, wonder if we jump them?

yOU know, I think it could happen. If mizzOU were to lose to NU, a team that lost at home to a team that got beat at home by ISU :D you never know! I want to see how NU plays mizzOU because oSu moved the ball pretty good on NU.

The Maestro
10/25/2010, 08:32 AM
The team that bothers me and could be the hard one to leap is Michigan State. If they don't lose at Iowa this week, they should very much run the table. Last few games are cakewalks...toughest one would be at Penn State. Go Hawkeyes!!

Utah and TCU will all play each other out. Utah has the easiest schedule in the world so far and now has to play at Air Force and San Diego State while hosting TCU. I would love for Air Force to beat Utah this week and Utah take care of TCU the following week.

I still think Boise wins out and is in the title game. If they lose it is at Nevada.

Auburn will lose...somewhere. At Ole Miss this week and Houston Nutt always gets an unexpected win somewhere...they host an improved Georgia team, host Alabama and then the SEC title game if there.

Bama is at LSU, hosts Mississippi State, hosts Auburn and then the SEC title game.

Missouri...feel free to win out until Dallas!

Oregon really needs to lose this week...I feel dirty pulling for Lane Kiffin and USC...but we need it! Not sure at Cal, hosting AZ and at Oregon State are tougher than at USC in their only game to make national noise.

sooneron
10/25/2010, 09:23 AM
cant win a title if you dont even play for it...

Can't play for it if you really don't belong in the game. Yeah, there are some teams that have had a couple of close calls, but this team has ONE good win against a good opponent- FSU and thank GOD, they have gotten better as the season has progressed or we'd be ****ed. Saying that we can be there because "any team can beat yadda yadda yadda..." makes you sound like you're making Boise's argument. Name 6 teams that we are straight up better than that are ranked ahead of us. Teams that we SHOULD beat on a neutral field.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 09:34 AM
Can't play for it if you really don't belong in the game. Yeah, there are some teams that have had a couple of close calls, but this team has ONE good win against a good opponent- FSU and thank GOD, they have gotten better as the season has progressed or we'd be ****ed. Saying that we can be there because "any team can beat yadda yadda yadda..." makes you sound like you're making Boise's argument. Name 6 teams that we are straight up better than that are ranked ahead of us. Teams that we SHOULD beat on a neutral field.

Honestly on a neutral field and depending on which OU team shows up, I think we could beat any of the teams in front of us. MSU, Utah, BSU, TCU, Missouri I think we could beat 7 or 8 out of 10 games. Alabama, Oregon, and Auburn maybe 5 out 10 times. If you want to sit there and argue why we don't belong then go ahead. I think most people understand it is a long shot at getting to the MNC, but if some things happen and the we somehow manage to sneek back into the picture I'm not going to be complaining. I think that most teams out there have had a game or two in which they didn't look dominate in some cases struggled and/or lost. Not saying we are the best team out there right now, but if we can make it to the game I think we have as good of a chance as any.

Sabanball
10/25/2010, 12:43 PM
Not sure how many "points" you'll get from beating a team with 3 or 4 losses. The SEC could end up being it's own worst enemy.

Even if it's just one basis point it's one more we'll get than someone that does NOT play a CCG if we win it. That's part of the beauty and advantage of having a CCG--it's an additional opportunity to impress voters in the human polls AND grow your computer average. That could be critical when trying to jump teams like Mich St or Oregon, both of which will be sitting at home during the first week in Dec. with NO opportunity to garner more points.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 12:56 PM
Even if it's just one basis point it's one more we'll get than someone that does NOT play a CCG if we win it. That's part of the beauty and advantage of having a CCG--it's an additional opportunity to impress voters in the human polls AND grow your computer average. That could be critical when trying to jump teams like Mich St or Oregon, both of which will be sitting at home during the first week in Dec. with NO opportunity to garner more points.

It's going to be sad next year when we don't get that opportunity.

Sabanball
10/25/2010, 12:59 PM
It's going to be sad next year when we don't get that opportunity.

I hear ya. It's going to seem like you guys are back in the old Big 8 in a way with the round robin schedule coming back, where you play all the other 9 teams every year. I don't look for that to last long though, I see expansion talk starting back up in the off-season and the Big 12 picking up a couple of other teams in the near future.

sooneron
10/25/2010, 02:42 PM
Honestly on a neutral field and depending on which OU team shows up, I think we could beat any of the teams in front of us. MSU, Utah, BSU, TCU, Missouri I think we could beat 7 or 8 out of 10 games. Alabama, Oregon, and Auburn maybe 5 out 10 times. ...

Yadda Yadda... you named 5.

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 04:19 PM
Yadda Yadda... you named 5.

Honestly on a neutral field and depending on which OU team shows up, I think we could beat any of the teams in front of us. 1) MSU, 2)Utah, 3)BSU, 4)TCU, 5)Missouri I think we could beat 7 or 8 out of 10 games. 6)Alabama, 7)Oregon, and 8)Auburn maybe 5 out 10 times.

Count much? :D

MiccoMacey
10/25/2010, 05:05 PM
1) Oregon is the best team so far. And their defense isn't as suspect as you might think. It's just out there more because their offense is scoring so quickly (read: Sooners circa 2008).

2. Alabama will be in the NC game. I honestly see them winning out.

3. TCU is better than Boise State. And after they beat Utah at Utah, they'll be the team everyone talks about as the deserving non-AQ. Their defense is for real. Ask Air Force.

4. People forgot that all pre-season long, we all thought we were a 2-3 loss team. Then the BCS comes out with us as #1, and we all of a sudden see us as NC contenders. We're not. Our defense is the 80th best defense in total defense. We've let the media influence how good we think we are. We're a top ten team (probably somewhere between 7-9). Until we start to progress the way we hoped to progress with all of our youngsters, that ain't going to change.

5. Missouri had all the comforts for that game...home field, night game, homecoming, Game Day crew...all the intangibles you could ask for. We'll see them again in Dallas for the Big Twelve title game, and I'd just about bet the house we win. Not to take away anything they did...they earned that game. And we have weaknesses (especially the DT and K positions). But we win the rematch on a neutral field.

soonercastor
10/25/2010, 05:13 PM
1) Oregon is the best team so far. And their defense isn't as suspect as you might think. It's just out there more because their offense is scoring so quickly (read: Sooners circa 2008).

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1015168.html

Leroy Lizard
10/25/2010, 05:17 PM
Will Oregon break our 2008 scoring record?

soonercastor
10/25/2010, 05:22 PM
They are probably on track to do so, at least we faced 7 ranked teams that year; their schedule is beyond ridiculous. Even Boise St has a higher SOS, and the computers have us ranked higher than them even with one loss; tells you how horrible their schedule has been.

Sabanball
10/25/2010, 07:41 PM
First, Mizzou will lose in Lincoln. Sat night was a fluky situation--unlike the finesse O they used to have with Chase Daniels, they basically beat you guys just running it right at you--who would have ever thought that? Add to that the confluence of several other things--Game Day presence, night game at home(even having to ship in lights for the stadium they are so rare), etc..it was just the perfect storm for a upset. Just like the other upset in the other Columbia two wks ago, the team in crimson is the better team even though it lost on the scoreboard.

Like I said earlier, my Crimson Tide is in good position schedule-wise but we have our work cut out for us. If we slip up in Baton Rouge on 11/6 it's over for us, and all we will do with Auburn on 11/26 is play spoiler. Of course, I'm not complaining because we lost by two td's to a SC team that is really not that good, so we are fortunate to be where we are at.

I see you guys eventually playing Nebraska in your CCG and winning the Big 12. No doubt about it you guys will be in a BCS bowl and with your youth you will be preseason top 3 in 2011.

soonercastor
10/25/2010, 07:47 PM
Like I said earlier, my Crimson Tide is in good position schedule-wise but we have our work cut out for us. If we slip up in Baton Rouge on 11/6 it's over for us, and all we will do with Auburn on 11/26 is play spoiler. Of course, I'm not complaining because we lost by two td's to a SC team that is really not that good, so we are fortunate to be where we are at.

I see you guys eventually playing Nebraska in your CCG and winning the Big 12. No doubt about it you guys will be in a BCS bowl and with your youth you will be preseason top 3 in 2011.

Bama wins out they're in. But that is a really long shot.

Sabanball
10/25/2010, 07:52 PM
Bama wins out they're in. But that is a really long shot.

I agree. I feel really good about our game in Baton Rouge, but unless we bring our A- game and play up to our potential on 11/26, we will lose to Auburn. Of course, it's our rivalry game and motivation shouldn't be a problem. But we are very young on D, with virtually no pass rush so far this season, and until sat night in Knoxville we haven't had a real, vertical passing threat all year. That being said, in those few games where we've been able to put it all together, we've been unstoppable. IF...if, we play up to our potential, we can win all of our remaining games. If we don't, we won't--it's as simple as that.

BlownGP
10/25/2010, 08:14 PM
I agree. I feel really good about our game in Baton Rouge, but unless we bring our A- game and play up to our potential on 11/26, we will lose to Auburn. Of course, it's our rivalry game and motivation shouldn't be a problem. But we are very young on D, with virtually no pass rush so far this season, and until sat night in Knoxville we haven't had a real, vertical passing threat all year. That being said, in those few games where we've been able to put it all together, we've been unstoppable. IF...if, we play up to our potential, we can win all of our remaining games. If we don't, we won't--it's as simple as that.

You coming to the game?
I thinking about going, just to see bama cream them

I dont see LSU winning, they have a change cuz that stadium will be rocking, but JJ and Lee are just so bad..

MiccoMacey
11/10/2010, 08:42 PM

2. Alabama will be in the NC game. I honestly see them winning out.

3. TCU is better than Boise State. And after they beat Utah at Utah, they'll be the team everyone talks about as the deserving non-AQ. Their defense is for real. Ask Air Force.

4. People forgot that all pre-season long, we all thought we were a 2-3 loss team. Then the BCS comes out with us as #1, and we all of a sudden see us as NC contenders. We're not. Our defense is the 80th best defense in total defense. We've let the media influence how good we think we are. We're a top ten team (probably somewhere between 7-9). Until we start to progress the way we hoped to progress with all of our youngsters, that ain't going to change.

5. Missouri had all the comforts for that game...home field, night game, homecoming, Game Day crew...all the intangibles you could ask for. We'll see them again in Dallas for the Big Twelve title game, and I'd just about bet the house we win. Not to take away anything they did...they earned that game. And we have weaknesses (especially the DT and K positions). But we win the rematch on a neutral field.

Dang Alabama...I had a good streak going there.

Other than that, I was pretty much spot on.

Spot.

On.