PDA

View Full Version : Our Meltdown vs. Their Meltdown

MR2-Sooner86
10/24/2010, 06:32 PM
I'll let you decide who is worse. Enjoy :pop:

Will we beat Baylor? We'll play down to anyone's level. Will we beat Florida Atlantic?

Oklahoma State is going to donkey rape us.

now that I think about it, Baylor is probably better than Iowa State. Jesus, our team sucks so bad

I'm not sure that this team will even be bowl eligible at this point. ISU was the worst defense we had left on the schedule (total defense was #112 and scoring D was #104). There is no reason to believe that this offense can score more than three touchdowns against anyone at this point.

I can't believe I'm praying for 7-5.

**** dude, this team couldn't beat off right now. Might as well lay back and accept the suck.

For the Baylor game I'm gonna start sniffing airplane glue and hope I pass out before kickoff.

"Heh heh, that's funny Dorothy... no we beat Iowa State 52-3. Gilbert had 4 TD passes and DJ Monroe had 21 carries for 254 yards."

MB and GD are having some Brokeback Mountain **** going on and Sally found out. To pay Mack back, she ****ed DJ Monroe. Mack found out and is out to ruin him by giving him only 1 touch per game. He'll flunk out and won't make it to next season due to grade altering by MB. Viola, now I get it.

I've never been a Mack Brown fan. He's a below average in game coach and doesn't do a very good job game planning, IMO. I'm tired of all of his apologists too. It's time for MB and GD to go. Too bad that my opinion is so upsetting to you. There is absolutely no excuse for losing o UCLA AND ISU at home in the same season. If there's a line that can't be crossed, that's it.

What the apologists in this thread and on this board don't want to admit is that this year's team sucks in large part because of the coaching staff. Mack and GD need to retire. They're done.

**** you Mack Brown. **** you and your clapping. **** you and your ****ty game preparation. **** you and your inability to motivate. **** you and your loyalty to ****ty coaches. **** you and your loyalty to players that aren't the best we can field. **** you and your puckering *******. **** you and your thin skin.

oh come on, some of you pussies sound like the guy with the whore wife wishing it will get better after she ****s another man one more time... We lost to ISU at ****ing home. JESUS.

Hey, Mack. I was ****ing booing you. You arrogant ***! He needs to retire after this season. These are Mackovicesque types of losses. There simply isn't an excuse for losing to UCLA and/or ISU at home with the talent that this team has.

Just remember. Mack makes $13,698 A DAY. If you figure he worked 5 days on this brillaint game plan for the Cyclones, that is $68,490 for this abortion.

We're Texas. We have most expensive abortions evar!!!!!

With all the resources we have, texas should reload and not get beat physically, emotionally and spiritually on the field to ****ing iowa ****ing state ...****, come on, their budget is 25% of ours and their recruiting is far worse. come on with the bull**** excuses. **** you bunch of pussies

Well, once again, Greg Davis' own words are all anyone needs to read to see that he doesn't have a ****ing clue as to what he's doing.

**** you Mack and **** your butt buddy Greg too. Every ****ing week you say you don't know what went wrong and you have to look at the film.
But nothing ever gets fixed. Nobody gets benched. Nobody gets fired.

the coaches are the ones who are ****ing arrogant. That rubs off on the players and it all goes to ****. I bet they think they can just roll out there and beat anyone and when they get punched in the mouth they don't have a plan, so they just stick to the bull**** they always run and we lose. I bet if they got paid by the win, they would take this **** more seriously. I bet GD thinks that he can half *** it all the time because there is no threat of him getting fired. The powers that be need to give these guys an ultimatum. Coach or GTFO!

Yeah Mack we know you'll put the loss on your ****ing shoulders how thoughtful of you, lets see some changes.

The worst part in all of this is how completely obvious it is to basically everyone what our problems are and the folks in charge do not appear to earnestly intend to do a goddamn thing about it. I know the "in the real world" analogies get old, but come on. If you are a manager, and you have an employee that royally ****s up his job one week and you go to that guy and talk to him about it and he says, "Oh yeah boss, I'm sorry about that. I'll look at what went wrong and fix it. Won't let you down again." and then he goes right back out and makes all of the EXACT SAME MISTAKES AGAIN and it happens week after week after week...don't you fire that guy?

Again, how many tanked football seasons and loses to unranked opponents at home does the Colt and VY era buy? We should accept mediocre football and ****ty loses because of two good QB's from the past?

We'll probably lose to Baylor or Aggy or K-State and the apologist will still pump out the "it's ok guys remember when we had VY and Colt!" Current success is so overrated!

Even Greg Davis hates Greg Davis. Greg Davis just can't understand the play calling and offensive decisions that Greg Davis is making. Greg Davis can save us from Greg Davis.

The more Mack says the more I wish he would step down.

The passing game opened up in the 4th because Iowa St. was playing loose coverage. Rather than defend our 2 yard passes at the LOS, they laid off a few yards and let us get 5 yards instead of 2. Of course Davis gives himself credit for "opening" up the gameplan in the 4th. ****ing jackass.

If Muschamp leaves and GD stays then my interest in the football team will have to decline significantly.

I'm not ****ting you when I say that Greg Davis is actually get a modest pay raise this offseason. I have a friend at the Athletic Dept.'s contract office.

And the best part is he'll get all these mysterious "offers" from other schools that we'll never hear about.

Let's see, Mack is fat, overpaid and a terrible coach with a staff that needs to be fired (except for Major). Anything else while we are at it?

somebody needs to tell Mack he looks fat, overweight, out of shape and it shows on the sidelines.

This has to be affecting him health wise

God Bless you Mack. In order to take care of your team, please first take care of yourself

Feel bad for him? His offensive coaches have failed to produce for years and he has protected them. He has been paid extremely well and has the best facilities in the land.

Rebuilding you lose to OU or NU. You don't lose to UCLA and ISU. You certainly don't lose those games at home.

I don't think that OU was losing at home to the likes of Iowa St. or UCLA last year or in '05.

Please, please no more marketing gimmicks. It was embarrassing when it came out last week, and it's even more embarrassing now that we lost.

tommieharris91
10/24/2010, 06:37 PM
I don't think that OU was losing at home to the likes of Iowa St. or UCLA last year or in '05.

As bad as last year was, no, we didn't lose to bad teams like UCLA or Iowa St.

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 06:37 PM
well we were disappointed we're not going to the MNC, they're disappointed they might not make it to a bowl game altogether :D. Our realistic preseason goal is still well alive.

so yeah theirs is worse :D

sooner518
10/24/2010, 07:54 PM
As bad as last year was, no, we didn't lose to bad teams like UCLA or Iowa St.

we did lose to UCLA in 2005. but it wasnt at home. I think that was like Bomar's third game

rekamrettuB
10/24/2010, 08:48 PM
we did lose to UCLA in 2005. but it wasnt at home. I think that was like Bomar's third game

Not only "not at home" but that UCLA team ended up 10-2 and in the top 20.

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 08:52 PM
With all the resources we have, texas should reload and not get beat physically, emotionally and spiritually on the field to ****ing iowa ****ing state ...****, come on, their budget is 25% of ours and their recruiting is far worse. come on with the bull**** excuses. **** you bunch of pussies
More of the Whorn fans thinking they are the Yankees and deserve the top spot just for being Texas.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 08:52 PM
big playes killed us that game, AD showed what a stud he was in that one though.

Sucks to be Texass

soonerchk
10/24/2010, 08:56 PM
Did they call their college aged QB horrible names?

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 09:01 PM
You had me at "oSu is gonna Donkey rape us"

Funny....

soonerchk
10/24/2010, 09:05 PM
More of the Whorn fans thinking they are the Yankees and deserve the top spot just for being Texas.

Well yeah. The media has kissed Mack's a$$ to the point that they do think that. What other team would be flying banners over another team's game and send their coach to pimp them at halftime of every ESPN game?

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 09:09 PM
texass has made a mistake with the QB they have. He sucks. Changing the offense also hurt. The death of Mack will be if he continues on that path. I know they have a very talented zone read type QB coming in there as a freshman next year but they need to find a JUCO dude. Gilbert doesn't have what it takes. I hope they stand pat.

fadada1
10/24/2010, 09:09 PM
because texas has 27 titles, just like the yankees.

bent rider
10/24/2010, 09:17 PM
I thought this was going to be OU vs OSU fan meltdown. <smacks self in head>

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2010, 09:19 PM
Sheephumper meldown ended when OU lost. Further proof that their entire existence revolves around us.

BoulderSooner79
10/24/2010, 09:26 PM
We have a "Meltdown" gap! Get after it people; we need more caustic raking of the refs and players and a larger and more violent lynch mob for the coaches! Vent like you mean it and put the horn fans to shame!

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 09:26 PM
because texas has 27 titles, just like the yankees.
Much like OSU and their wrasslin' titles swimming doesn't count the same...:D

If you want to see other meltdowns, try Broncos Country (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1) after today's game, an epic beatdown at the hands of the Raiders, 59-14....and it wasn't really as close as the score indicates.

proudsoonergal
10/24/2010, 09:44 PM
Ah...it's a fun week to live in Austin.

One good thing about OU's late start time next week is that I'll be able to watch the first half of Baylor/Texas. Hope it is as enjoyable as ISU/Texas, but the longhorns are so schizo this year, who knows. They could as easily lose by 10 or beat them by 24.

bent rider
10/24/2010, 09:45 PM

If you want to see other meltdowns, try Broncos Country (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1) after today's game, an epic beatdown at the hands of the Raiders, 59-14....and it wasn't really as close as the score indicates.

Reminds me of this video meltdown...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17sX3z0SMYg

landrun
10/24/2010, 09:54 PM
Reminds me of this video meltdown...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17sX3z0SMYg

Nice find... that was funny... or sad... or... :D

yankee
10/25/2010, 01:13 AM

he actually has a point.

with being able to pick and choose from the absolute best players in texas and the nation, this kind of season really shouldn't happen for UT. which is what makes this more enjoyable for me. it's also a testament to the general notion that whorn fans didn't acknowledge until this season started going downhill...that mack is a helluva recruiter but a mediocre coach.

Okie35
10/25/2010, 01:49 AM
he actually has a point.

with being able to pick and choose from the absolute best players in texas and the nation, this kind of season really shouldn't happen for UT. which is what makes this more enjoyable for me. it's also a testament to the general notion that whorn fans didn't acknowledge until this season started going downhill...that mack is a helluva recruiter but a mediocre coach.

the mediocre coaches are standing out this year more than most

Leroy Lizard
10/25/2010, 03:17 AM
Nice find... that was funny... or sad... or... :D

Staged?

If you want to see the real deal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJTRXaVxE1w

"You're a genius" to "You're fired Meyer" in only two minutes.

GKeeper316
10/25/2010, 04:00 AM
this is bull****... we cant let them nasty cows meltdown better than us!

MELTDOWN HARDER! YOU AREN'T MELTING DOWN HARD ENOUGH!!!!!

Sooners78
10/25/2010, 09:32 AM
Just remember. :mack: makes $13,698 A DAY. If you figure he worked 5 days on this brillaint game plan for the Cyclones, that is $68,490 for this abortion.

We're Texas. We have most expensive abortions evar!!!!!

Classic!

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 10:17 AM
Ah...it's a fun week to live in Austin.

One good thing about OU's late start time next week is that I'll be able to watch the first half of Baylor/Texas. Hope it is as enjoyable as ISU/Texas, but the longhorns are so schizo this year, who knows. They could as easily lose by 10 or beat them by 24.

I need to find something green to wear for that one!

Scott D
10/25/2010, 11:33 AM

ahh that meltdown warms my cold silver and black heart. not enough to taunt my orange and blue loving father though.

Scott D
10/25/2010, 11:33 AM
this is bull****... we cant let them nasty cows meltdown better than us!

MELTDOWN HARDER! YOU AREN'T MELTING DOWN HARD ENOUGH!!!!!

their athletic department has a bigger meltdown budget.

badger
10/25/2010, 11:36 AM
We started the season with high hopes but lower expectations. Texas was on a bunch of preseason mags (including Sports Illustrated) as one of the top teams in the country.

2010 for Texas is like 2009 for us - a big string of disappointments after a conference championship season and a national title game appearance. They are melting down through graduation of the Colt/Jordan connection (derp, can't we just replace them with their younger brothers, derp?) whereas we melted down through continuous injuries.

I wasn't among all of you melting down this weekend, because it's hard to not enjoy a 6-1 start after last year's start. Let Hook em and :mack: cry about losses.

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2010, 11:38 AM
Agreed. We don't have any reason to melt down.

3rdgensooner
10/25/2010, 11:41 AM
I wasn't among all of you melting down this weekend, because it's hard to not enjoy a 6-1 start after last year's start. Let Hook em and :mack: cry about losses.
Preach it!

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 11:42 AM

Agree, we may have people complaining about our loss. But losing your first game of the season at a pumped up missouri to make your team 6-1 is a bit different than lossing at home to UCLA and ISU to make your team 4-3. And those people who say our home record is inflated cause we don't play Texas at home, how come the almighty texas longhorns don't have the same home record? :D

badger
10/25/2010, 11:52 AM
I was cranky most of Saturday because of the rain, but I wasn't any more cranky before or after the loss. On top of that, the Packers won last night, so that makes me happy :)

3rdgensooner
10/25/2010, 11:54 AM
And those people who say our home record is inflated cause we don't play Texas at home, how come the almighty texas longhorns don't have the same home record? :DBecause they named their stadium after a former Sooner and it has the same effect as building it on an Indian burial ground.

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 11:56 AM

But but but: Venables sucks, Wilson sucks, Stoops sucks, Landry sucks, and Finch should have gotten all of Murray's snaps!! WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!

:inserthaironfire smilie.

Scott D
10/25/2010, 11:57 AM
Sports to me just aren't worth melting down anymore.

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 11:58 AM

Well then you suck as a fan. This is very very important!!!!:eek:

BoulderSooner79
10/25/2010, 12:07 PM

If everyone had a bad attitude like that, I would not be entertained by the various meltdowns that get posted around the net. :mad:
;)

Scott D
10/25/2010, 12:08 PM
Well then you suck as a fan. This is very very important!!!!:eek:

I like to think it's because I've matured. Plus, seeing how some people in other countries meltdown, common sense just seems the better way to go about it.

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 12:09 PM
If everyone had a bad attitude like that, I would not be entertained by the various meltdowns that get posted around the net. :mad:
;)

Exactly. And then who would I get to feel superior to?:cool:

soonerboy_odanorth
10/25/2010, 12:11 PM
I was cranky most of Saturday because of the rain, but I wasn't any more cranky before or after the loss. On top of that, the Packers won last night, so that makes me happy :)

F*** YOU badger, F*** YOU!

WORST!

FOOTBALL!

WEEKEND!

EVAR!!!!!

;)

Scott D
10/25/2010, 12:12 PM
Exactly. And then who would I get to feel superior to?:cool:

easy enough to feel superior to either a Poke or a Whorn...both of them have to live life loving disgusting shades of orange.

soonerchk
10/25/2010, 12:15 PM
easy enough to feel superior to either a Poke or a Whorn...both of them have to live life loving disgusting shades of orange.

That's too easy. My ego needs a bit more of a challenge.:)

soonerhubs
10/25/2010, 12:26 PM
Ahhh... the relativity of judging someone's schadenfreude behavior. It's the University of Oklahoma, not the University of "We Hate Texas."

Am I wrong?

Come on Sooner Fans! We're better than this! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3008069&postcount=9)

jumperstop
10/25/2010, 12:43 PM
Ahhh... the relativity of judging someone's schadenfreude behavior. It's the University of Oklahoma, not the University of "We Hate Texas."

Am I wrong?

Come on Sooner Fans! We're better than this! (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3008069&postcount=9)

Are we better than this? ;)

I understand what you're saying but nobody here is saying they are happy that OU lost. But whether or not OU lost, you can't pass up the chance to make fun of Saxet lossing at home to Iowa State. A chance doesn't come around like that too often. I have OSU friends who were making fun of OU losing, but didn't mention conviently that they lost too. But we played a ranked team on the road. Texas got dominated by Iowa State at home, a team we beat 52-0 at home the week before. I'm going to get my kicks out of it.

soonerhubs
10/25/2010, 12:47 PM
Fair enough, I suppose.

bluedogok
10/25/2010, 10:13 PM
ahh that meltdown warms my cold silver and black heart. not enough to taunt my orange and blue loving father though.
I'm just glad that we ended up not going to Denver this weekend. Since Tech was playing in Boulder and the Broncos had a home game we considered going up there for both games. Well, my wife's Red Raiders eeked one out but that would have been brutal to be at Invesco yesterday...I ended up turning the big screen over to the Pats game and moving the Broncos game to the small screen and continued to shake my head...there was nothing much else to do about it. My wife was surprised that I didn't have my usual excitable moments this weekend.

A Sooner in Texas
10/25/2010, 10:25 PM
That's too easy. My ego needs a bit more of a challenge.:)

I don't think there's anything about whorn or aggie that's going to challenge anyone's ego. Especially right now.