PDA

View Full Version : No "Perspective" Post?

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 06:28 PM
Usually after a loss we have the obligatory "perspective" post, where a fan finds some story about a family wiped out in a car wreck or someone dying of cancer.

I guess we're handling this loss better than usual.

yankee
10/24/2010, 06:36 PM
last night, someone posted a link about a girl who has some disease and the kids at school are making fun of her because of it. he then said something along the lines that our problems have nothing on hers, or something like that.

olevetonahill
10/24/2010, 06:39 PM
Yer right Limptard , It could be worse, we could all be like YOU.:rolleyes:

Sooner_Tuf
10/24/2010, 06:40 PM
Usually after a loss we have the obligatory "perspective" post, where a fan finds some story about a family wiped out in a car wreck or someone dying of cancer.

I guess we're handling this loss better than usual.

I think it is your turn to make the post. We have all been waiting and it seems you've dropped the ball.

cherokeebrewer
10/24/2010, 06:42 PM
I'm severely depressed, if that counts...

A Sooner in Texas
10/24/2010, 06:54 PM
My car broke down last night. After midnight. Miles from my home.

The loss was just the icing on the cake. :P

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 07:08 PM
I think it is your turn to make the post. We have all been waiting and it seems you've dropped the ball.

Hmmmm.... let me think about that one.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 07:18 PM
Okay, here's my contribution. For maximum effectiveness, I have cast this in the form of a template that others can use after every loss. Here goes...

Guys, I know we're all down after losing to [team], but sometimes things happen in life that puts things in perspective. I just heard from my [relative] that his [friends or relatives] is/was

a. diagnosed with [disease]
b. [badly injured/killed]

This [friend/relative] was a great guy who I had known for [years].

It just goes to show ya' that football is just a game and that we shouldn't get too upset when our favorite team isn't victorious.

For the responses, just cut and paste any of the following.

:( (That's all you need. Super simple.)

That sucks! Prayers to [him/her] and [his/her] family.

Yeah, we often forget that it's just a game.

LOL! That's funny. (This one's reserved for me.)

Veritas
10/24/2010, 07:20 PM
Yeah it could be worse. You could be a Mizzou fan, destined to enjoy one or two moments of happiness every few years and the rest of the time in the basement.

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2010, 07:24 PM
Exactly.

cccasooner2
10/24/2010, 07:51 PM
Bangs could be back in style.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/alternatethumbnails/story/2010-10/56992904-22182127.jpg

oudivesherpa
10/24/2010, 07:57 PM
Living in Houston,it's hard to see the Sooners lose, but the Horn fans are in a deep depression, trying to get bowl eligible so the can the journey to San Antonio for the Alamo Bowl.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 08:00 PM
Horn fans shouldn't fret too much. Most likely they will probably play their bowl game in their own home state, as usual.