PDA

View Full Version : Taking my son to his first OU game

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/24/2010, 04:00 PM
I'm looking to take my son to his first OU game @ Florida State next year. Has anyone been to a game there? How is the crowd? Since, I live in South Carolina this seems to be a good pick because of the distance considerations. Once I look at travel costs I may pick another game, so does anyone have any suggestions?

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 04:14 PM
Right now that seems to be the closest and cheapest way to go. Maybe once next year's schedule is hammered out you might think otherwise but there's nothing wrong with planning ahead.

jumperstop
10/24/2010, 04:30 PM
National championship is going to be in New Orleans next year. That's closer than going to Norman. :D

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 04:32 PM
There will be some good people and several A-Holes would be my guess. I sat in section 5 in Norman this year and damn near put a beat down on a smart arse.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 04:42 PM
National championship is going to be in New Orleans next year. That's closer than going to Norman. :D

Not if you live in South Carolina.

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/24/2010, 04:54 PM

I was hoping to take him to one sooner than that but that would be an awesome first game even more if we were to win

jumperstop
10/24/2010, 05:03 PM
Not if you live in South Carolina.

Really? Norman is closer to South Carolina than New Orleans? I guess you have to travel a lot further south than I thought to get the Louisiana.

yankee
10/24/2010, 05:12 PM
NoleFan will know.

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/24/2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the help.

Sooner_Tuf
10/24/2010, 06:49 PM
I would bring him to Norman if he really wants to see an OU game. You will definitely get a better Sooner experience in Norman than anywhere else.

Plane tickets may not be much different and most likely hotels, food, etc will be cheaper in Oklahoma as well.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 06:51 PM
I would bring him to Norman if he really wants to see an OU game. You will definitely get a better Sooner experience in Norman than anywhere else.

Plane tickets may not be much different and most likely hotels, food, etc will be cheaper in Oklahoma as well.

No doubt. There is no place like home.

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/24/2010, 07:52 PM

I agree about the hotel costs and food as I can always stay with family in Tulsa. Guess it all comes down to airfare.

Thanks again