PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Press Conference Soft Balls

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 02:05 PM
I get sick of the Oklahoma media tossing softball questions at the press conference after a BS loss.

Just for fun.......What question do you think you will hear?

Al Eschbach will ask if it is tough to bounce back from a loss.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 02:06 PM
And he will also be asked to reflect on his decision to not go for two on the first posession

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 02:07 PM
Two-point conversion and also why in the world would we conceive the game by punting there only to start running all over the field on the last play.

ocsooner
10/24/2010, 02:08 PM
Do you think the rain had anything to do with the loss?

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 02:11 PM
They will get off of the Mizzou game as quick as possible.

Bob...CO has struggled this season. Is it hard to get up for a struggling team after such an emotional week.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 02:20 PM
Bob do you think the team will play better on the road after they get more experienced?

cccasooner2
10/24/2010, 02:37 PM
Do you think you can get a refund from those Pacific guys?

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 02:43 PM
Why don't you find a link to the PC. Then we can put an end to the speculation.

Here's the link of the PC going into the game.

https://www.ouinsider.com/news/story.php?article=5205

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 02:44 PM
Coke or Pepsi??

cccasooner2
10/24/2010, 02:46 PM
Do you forsee giving more consideration to the advise given in SoonerFans.com?

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 02:47 PM
Why don't you find a link to the PC. Then we can put an end to the speculation.

I can't see into the future. I'm talking the Tuesday presser.

By the way...Bob are you glad you get to play CO at home instead of their place?

Soonerfan88
10/24/2010, 03:04 PM
Why did OU not go to the dime instead of having LBs try to cover receivers over the middle? If coaches use the excuse of also needing to stop the run, counter with fact the LBs obviously couldn't do that either, so why not at least try the dime? I don't think the middle has ever been that wide open, even in the RRS after Reynolds went down.

Also, when BV did actually try to blitz, why was it J. Nelson instead of a LB? He actually has the speed to cover the middle.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 03:09 PM
What purpose does asking hardball questions serve?

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 03:11 PM
I can't see into the future. I'm talking the Tuesday presser.

By the way...Bob are you glad you get to play CO at home instead of their place?

Then why bring it up?

I mean...even Leriod is making a good point...what purpose does it serve asking hardballs. I've seen Bob have them thrown at him and he usually make the Press look like a bunch of jackasses, (which they are IMO).

as far as glad to play CU at Home...Sure I am. After we stomp the buffaloes flat like a cow paddy I hope we never have to play them again. Of course 2013 in wide open but I bet they won't have the balls to ever schedule us again.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 03:15 PM
What purpose does asking hardball questions serve?

Real simple. It explains their thought process.

For instance I would like to know what they were thinking when they decided to give up on the run up by 1 point and down by 6 in the third quarter.

I would also like to know why we stayed in base nickel when they kept running 5 wide sets.

I could give a F if Bob like the effort of the deep snapper.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 03:17 PM
Then why bring it up?

I mean...even Leriod is making a good point...what purpose does it serve asking hardballs. I've seen Bob have them thrown at him and he usually make the Press look like a bunch of jackasses, (which they are IMO).

as far as glad to play CU at Home...Sure I am. After we stomp the buffaloes flat like a cow paddy I hope we never have to play them again. Of course 2013 in wide open but I bet they won't have the balls to ever schedule us again.

We wouldn't go to Boulder. That would be stupid as F if we would.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 03:22 PM

For instance I would like to know what they were thinking when they decided to give up on the run up by 1 point and down by 6 in the third quarter.

I would also like to know why we stayed in base nickel when they kept running 5 wide sets.

I could give a F if Bob like the effort of the deep snapper.

Well get yourself a press card or better yet send your questions in to Barry Trammel and have him ask for ya. I bet he doesn't have the nuts to ask either.

Thing is...it might come up. It's hard to ask questions that have seemingly been bother a lot of folks when Bob and the Team are winning games. Drop one and everyone who thinks they know the answers suddenly think they have the right to ask questions like that. Again...what would an answer do for ya anyway? It won't overturn the loss.

I've got faith that Bob will keep this Team moving in a positive direction and I know lots of folks could give a rat's *** as being right about mistakes that happen are more important to them. When we lose is and asking stupid questions are more important than seeing the Coaches try to put the best players on the field every down and try to adjust when guys get injured.:rolleyes:

I know your upset but you should try and relax a bit IMO

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 03:23 PM
Press conferences are pretty worthless events any way, only about 0.01% of the time something "meaningful" come out of them. For the most part they are nothing more than to make the journalists feel important.

Breadburner
10/24/2010, 03:25 PM
"Less Filling"...!!!!

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 03:30 PM
Taste Great!!!

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 03:32 PM
Much better...lol

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 03:35 PM
Let's hope Berry Tramel doesn't show up in a European man thong....:eek:

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2010, 03:37 PM
If I got to ask a question, mine would be a simple three part question.

Why was our great coaching staff unable to make any effective adjustments? Why was the middle of the field open all game long? And Why weren't we able to get pressure on Gabbert?

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 03:38 PM
Let's hope Berry Tramel doesn't show up in a European man thong....:eek:

I hope he does...but if not it might be worth learning to fark just to start sending him some pics to give him ideas to help his career even further into the tank.

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2010, 03:42 PM
Also, if I got a follow up, it would be:

Why is it our team is getting blown away in the fourth quarter?

All four of those questions are what I would love to have answered.

It would be nice to know why our coaches are unable to make successful adjustments throughout the game. Why they stop going with what works. And why we must run a style of offense that is obviously too fast for our players this year.

Oh well, until we get back to the Blake years, no one will ask these type of questions because Stoops is God around here nowadays....even if we are the laughing stock of the nation when it comes to big games and BCS Bowls.

I think it is time to get Bob Stoops to be accountable for his coaches on his staff.

I am not saying we need new coaches. We have two of the best coordinators in the nation, but they seem to forget how to call a game when they are not in Norman!

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 03:44 PM
They didn't even ask them during the Switzer, Gibbs, Blake or Schnellenberger years....the only time they act half way interested is when off the field incidents occur.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 03:48 PM
They didn't even ask them during the Switzer, Gibbs, Blake or that old drunk years....the only time they act half way interested is when off the field incidents occur.

Switzer would have jumped off the podium if anybody would have pissed him off.

I don't want anyone to be a smart a$$. I would just like them to ask the reasoning of questionable in game decisions like abandoning the run game when it seemed Finch was unstoppable.

bluedogok
10/24/2010, 03:53 PM
I don't have a problem with them asking them but I also don't mind if Stoops treats them like the mental midgets that most of them are. Most journalists know less about football than the average SoonerFans poster.

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2010, 03:59 PM
I called in on his show a few years back and asked a few tougher questions. I thought Bob Barry was going to **** himself when I asked them.

Bob answered them, but did say it is easy to make the calls when you are not right there in the heat of the battle.

I understand that. I have been in that type of position (not head coach) but I have had to call plays before in the NAIA ranks. The pressure is tremendous. But I can tell you this, I did not pull a player that was having success, nor did I stop calling plays that were working.

Finch had a hot hand going, and we yanked him. We stopped going further down the field and went exclusively to screens, flares, and short passes. We also abandoned the slants because Missouri shut them down a couple of times.

The problem is, the coaches dont want the tough questions. They dont want to have to explain their decisions. That is the problem. And when they get faced with those tough ones, then they sidestep them or play the "you dont know jack" card to the journalist.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 04:30 PM
Wear these to the presser...

http://www.aaaboxers.com/images/product/softballs-yellow.jpg

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 04:39 PM
Wear these to the presser...

http://www.aaaboxers.com/images/product/softballs-yellow.jpg

LOL! Do those belong to Al Eschbach?

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 04:40 PM
LOL! Do those belong to Al Eschbach?

Probably.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 04:42 PM

And if we were suiting up next week that might matter.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 04:46 PM
If I got to ask a question, mine would be a simple three part question.

Why was our great coaching staff unable to make any effective adjustments? Why was the middle of the field open all game long? And Why weren't we able to get pressure on Gabbert?

Your first question is loaded and would probably garner a complaint from the athletic department questioning your credentials.

The answer to the second question is simple: Our players weren't there.

The answer to the third question is simpler: Missouri has these players called offensive linemen and they got in the way.

Ask stupid questions; get stupid answers.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 04:49 PM
Oh well, until we get back to the Blake years, no one will ask these type of questions because Stoops is God around here nowadays....even if we are the laughing stock of the nation when it comes to big games and BCS Bowls.

http://www.socalbubble.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 04:52 PM
And if we were suiting up next week that might matter.

If we were suiting up next week we would need to worry about executing our individual assignment on every play. Since we are not, we can sit around and ask why they are preventing their players from being successful. If you don't agree with me that is cool, but that is my opinion regardless of what you believe.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 04:54 PM
There are plenty of other teams that are up for being the the biggest laughing stock in the Nation. Matter of fact I think :mack: is a prime candidate right now.

agoo758
10/24/2010, 04:55 PM
Your first question is loaded and would probably garner a complaint from the athletic department questioning your credentials.

The answer to the second question is simple: Our players weren't there.

The answer to the third question is simpler: Missouri has these players called offensive linemen and they got in the way.

Ask stupid questions; get stupid answers.

Those are fair questions IMO, and the first question isn't loaded if you take the word "great" out of it.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 05:00 PM
There are plenty of other teams that are up for being the the biggest laughing stock in the Nation. Matter of fact I think :mack: is a prime candidate right now.

They truly suck. Iowa State coming in and beating them in Austin was awesome. Mack will not be tossed a bunch of softballs. I'll listen in on his presser. At least as long as I can stand listening to his voice.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 06:08 PM
If we were suiting up next week we would need to worry about executing our individual assignment on every play. Since we are not, we can sit around and ask why they are preventing their players from being successful. If you don't agree with me that is cool, but that is my opinion regardless of what you believe.

We can ask. They just don't have to tell us.

Leroy Lizard
10/24/2010, 06:18 PM
Those are fair questions IMO, and the first question isn't loaded if you take the word "great" out of it.

Sorry, but I don't think you understand the term "loaded."

To ask "Why was our great coaching staff unable to make any effective adjustments?" is a loaded question because it forces the the coaches to agree on a point made by the questioner when responding. The coaching staff may very well think that they made effective adjustments but the players simply didn't carry out the plan as needed.

There is nothing logically wrong with the second question. The third question is one of those that coaches love to trample on. It's like asking a basketball player, "Why did you miss that shot?" I mean, wtf are you supposed to say? "Oh, I dunno. I was making shots all night and got bored with it."