PDA

View Full Version : Reality Bites

PLaw
10/24/2010, 01:19 PM
Yep, and it bites hard. Here are a couple of realities from mizzery:

1) The '10 Sooners do not have a national championship defense. The D-line is not national championship caliber. Not saying that they are not good, they just aren't playing at a national championship level.

2) Thinking . . . The D-coaching staff continues to show an inability to make in-game adjustments when the opposing offense finds a weakness and then begins to exploit that defect. Mizzery gashed the D play after play on passing routes over the middle. It was gravy for them all night long. If the original game plan does not thwart the opponent's attack, then they are lost.

3) I thought we had a great shot at a national championship. There is no dominate SEC team, the Big XII is really down, and our schedule is solid. It really teed up great for a run at the MNC. I thought this was the year that Bob got his mojo back and resurrected BIG GAME BOB. Fact is, we are still way, way to young on both sides of the ball. There is a ton of young talent that is improving, but they are inconsistent and just don't have the experience to run the table.

4) We still have a real strong shot at winning the South. We beat a schyso UT squad, but will still have to scrape a couple of tough wins in the South at Kyle field and against the pokes and sand aggies.

Yep, reality bites. Get ready for a wild ride over the next few weeks.

BOOMER

Long Live Bob Stoops

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 01:24 PM
Baylor will be tougher than Sand Aggie. Reality is we are not in Bama or Auburns league. I agree we are young and still have a good shot at a BIG 12 title.

CatfishSooner
10/24/2010, 01:29 PM
Are D-line is the weakest we've had under stoops I think...

landrun
10/24/2010, 01:31 PM
Every year our line backers can't cover... this year is the same.

If you want to beat OU, throw over the middle.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 01:33 PM
I was tired of see no pressure on the quarterback and simple trap plays gashing us for yards.