PDA

View Full Version : WE SUCK!

MR2-Sooner86
10/24/2010, 12:44 PM
I hate to be a downer after a a bad loss but I know when a team has "it" and this Sooner squad just doesn't make the cut. So what if we have a bunch of true freshmen and new guys still learning the game and filling in for players who we lost to the NFL draft and adjusting to a high powered offense that set NCAA records? It doesn't change the fact that we suck.

We still suck like we have in years past. We couldn't do anything against Missouri when we have better coaches and talent. This is nothing more than evidence of Kevin Wilson with his vanilla 'play not to lose' offense and Brent Venables' defense straight from the special olympics. We had more chances to score too. The thing is these running backs, like Finch, which everybody is slobbing their knob over, are not that good. I mean if they were good, they would have made the TD instead of trying to put on a dog and pony show. I mean Missouri's wide receivers ran better than our running backs if that tells you anything.

DeMarco Murray, when was the last time he ran a nice 50 yard TD run? Yeah, Finch looked much better than him. We need to bench him until he learns to carry the load like everybody else.

Landry Jones, is still a very average QB and frankly he has hit the limits of where his "talent" will take him. He is just like our lasty crappy Rose Bowl MVP, Big 12 Championship winning quarterback Nate Hybl and doesn't make good decisions at all. We can tell who his coach is because that interception at the end of the drive towards the end zone looked just like Josh Heupel when he threw the same kind of pass in the Orange Bowl against Florida State. We need to bench him as well because he obviously isn't making the cut even though he won us our first bowl game in four years.

Ryan Broyles, he is still no Mark Clayton and never will be. Yeah, he can catch the ball, sometimes, but what does he do afterwards? He can't run and has no moves and just falls on the ball because he's afraid to take a hit. What was the crap with the two point conversion? Hey Ryan, you're suppose to catch the ball BEFORE it hits the ground. I think he needs to be benched.

As for our defense, still a merry-go-round, missed assignment, titty bump tackling, joke that is being fielded. It's just not the same since Mike Stoops left. We need to fire Brent Venables, bench the defense, and just start over.

Also, how about that kicker? He can't even make it into the endzone unless he has a 50 mph wind behind him. A simple 30 yard field goal and you can't make it? I bet if he tried to hang himself he'd miss the chair.

Oh what's with all the injuries? We've lost so many players and Ryan had to have his ankle taped up because he couldn't take a little boo boo like a man. This just goes to show that Jerry Schmidt takes good players and pushes them too hard and they fail on us. It's either that or we're not getting the right guys who have any sort of work ethic.

It all comes down to coaching though which we've lost. We got an offensive coordinator who goes into a shell whenever possible, a defensive coordinator who can't blitz package to save his life, and our head coach has lost the edge since his brother left.

I hate to break it to you guys but we'll probably lose to Colorado and drop another game or two, AT LEAST. We just don't have it this year, or next, until we get better players and get this entire coaching staff into shape and that includes a few terminations.

;)

CrimsonJim
10/24/2010, 12:49 PM
After reading all the tripe this board's whiners have to offer, this didn't help lift my spirits, even with your winkie. Thank you for making my eyes bleed. :rolleyes:

MR2-Sooner86
10/24/2010, 12:51 PM
That's the thing Jim, we lose and the world ends. I just wanted to take it to the extreme. Let some people know they're taking it way too far and things aren't over. We're still in good shape.

Okie35
10/24/2010, 12:52 PM
Haha, are you being serious? We'll easily climb back in the polls.

EDIT: ok nevermind, I figured you were being sarcastic.

CrimsonJim
10/24/2010, 12:53 PM
That's the thing Jim, we lose and the world ends. I just wanted to take it to the extreme. Let some people know they're taking it way too far and things aren't over. We're still in good shape.

Point taken and understood...and agreed with. It still made my eyes bleed. ;)

tcrb
10/24/2010, 12:57 PM
Point taken and understood...and agreed with. It still made my eyes bleed. ;)

Consider yourself fortunate....it made my a** bleed.

olevetonahill
10/24/2010, 12:58 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/12/7/129046518590535378.jpg

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 12:59 PM
We're still in good shape.

I'm not sure we're in good shape...I think injuries are taking it's toll on us and we aren't gelling as a team. We are filling in the gaps with kids who aren't 100% ready to play at the levels we needed last night. I saw guys make mistakes and then redeem themselves later but when your playing a game like we did on the road last night...injuries, turnovers and mistakes will cost you a game. I hope whatever shape we're in is good enough to keep winning the rest of our games. We'll know where we're at by the end of the CU game this week.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/24/2010, 01:03 PM
In the end, it's still just a freakin' game...fortunately.

soonercastor
10/24/2010, 01:07 PM
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/UncleItchyBalls/lu3z6gif.gif

caseysooner
10/24/2010, 01:37 PM
I would say the kicking assesment is spot on sarcasm aside

ashley
10/24/2010, 01:45 PM
Come on, he is kidding.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 01:48 PM
I think we should give back our six wins..... NOT

Jboozer
10/24/2010, 02:17 PM
I bet if he tried to hang himself he'd miss the chair

If this happened would he succeed in hanging himself?