PDA

View Full Version : Dear Sooner Players and Staff

oudavid1
10/24/2010, 12:35 PM
I would just like to thank you for going to Missouri and trying so hard to win in that hostile environment. I know it was tough, i know we made a lot of mistakes, but you guys didnt give up. The best news i can offer anyone is that of the season still has a long way to go and team is still in better shape now than it was last year. Cant wait to see you Saturday vs Colorado.

-Boomer Sooner
-OUDavid1

Tailwind
10/24/2010, 12:39 PM
Thanks for that post David! It was awfully hard to watch that game; I had to mute it because The announcers **** me off. We're way ahead of where we thought we'd be at this point. BOOMER!

kevpks
10/24/2010, 12:41 PM
The best news I can offer is that we get Colorado at home this week.

CrimsonJim
10/24/2010, 12:42 PM
I feel sorry for the Buffs...nahh, not really. :D

colinreturn
10/24/2010, 01:06 PM
they did give up. Punting to not get scored on is giving up. it sucks.

stoopified
10/24/2010, 02:08 PM
Well said D1

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 02:15 PM
I like you sentiment but the effort went away in the 4th especially late. Punting on 4th down was a white flagger as well my friend. Buffs are a suck team in Norman. They will get a beating. Need to leave the starters out there in high gear for 4 quarters to condition them for tough games.

swardboy
10/24/2010, 02:19 PM
they did give up. Punting to not get scored on is giving up. it sucks.

Don't put that on the players.

We're 6-1. I didn't hear ANYONE predicting anything better than 10-2 before the season started.

Soonerfan88
10/24/2010, 02:51 PM
The players never gave up. That is why they were still trying to score on the last play of the game even though they needed 9 points to even tie. I don't really put much blame on the defense for their 4th quarter play as they were on the field way too long and even the best would be tired at that point. Overall, there were a lot of folks that messed up and this was a complete team loss, including coaches.

However, I'm still a fan and will be wearing my colors ready to taking a beating at work tomorrow.

TXBOOMER
10/24/2010, 02:55 PM
The players never gave up. That is why they were still trying to score on the last play of the game even though they needed 9 points to even tie. I don't really put much blame on the defense for their 4th quarter play as they were on the field way too long and even the best would be tired at that point. Overall, there were a lot of folks that messed up and this was a complete team loss, including coaches.

However, I'm still a fan and will be wearing my colors ready to taking a beating at work tomorrow.

For shats and grins go by a Nebbish shirt for work.

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2010, 03:04 PM
I'm wearing OU stuff right now and I don't and never will feel any shame about that.

StoopTroup
10/24/2010, 03:36 PM
I'm wearing OU stuff right now and I don't and never will feel any shame about that.

Same here. Of course I could wear Sooner gear everyday and have a clean extras in the closet at the end of the week. It's got a hold on me...:D

CarolinaSoonerFan
10/24/2010, 03:45 PM

^ This

OU_Sooners75
10/24/2010, 03:49 PM
Well said...but one question.

With all the drops and unforced errors late. With the inability to stop Missouri late in the game, do you really think the players gave it their all all game long?

If so, then we must concede that Missouri was just that much better than us, and they aren't.

It seemed once it hit the 10 minute mark in the 4th, we just folded up the tent and was waiting for our bus to show up.

I know mistakes will do that, and I find solice in that we are an extremely young and talented team. And we are still in control of our destiny when it comes to the Big 12 Title.

Last night was hard to watch and I just hope we do not see that type of execution the rest of the season.

BOOMER!

jumperstop
10/24/2010, 03:59 PM
There was some OU fans on the bus back to the hotel last night joking about switching into Missouri shirts in the bath room before waking to the busses so they get left alone. I would never even joke about such a thing. At loses, I've learned to just take my verbal abuse and ignore everyone. No use and trying to talk **** back to opposing fans, you're way out numbered.

budbarrybob
10/24/2010, 04:25 PM

Not me I'll be delivering the beatings :D :mad: :D
JUST GIVE ME A REASON!!!

colinreturn
10/24/2010, 04:27 PM
Don't put that on the players.

We're 6-1. I didn't hear ANYONE predicting anything better than 10-2 before the season started.

Thread title "Dear Sooner Players and Staff

not smashing the players.

also, phil steele was.

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 05:47 PM
Dear players and staff.. put last night behind you except for the lessons learned and get ready for Colorado. Glad your all Sooners.

P.S. Wore my OU hat all day for the drive back from Topeka to Hays to Dodge City, etc., and I don't really care what anybody else thought about it.