View Full Version : Missed opportunities

Dan Thompson
10/24/2010, 12:23 PM
First Interception in the red zone.

Madu fumble, after a great run.

Missed field goal.

Bad pass in the End Zone to Broyles

Missing 2 point conversion pass.

I think we could have gotten at least 14 points out of a possible 26.

I believe we can be them when the CCG comes around.

okienator
10/24/2010, 12:39 PM
All night they were comparing this years teams against recent games between ou and miz. I think the real difference is our front four on the d line.They cant seem to get any pressure on the qb giving him all day to find a receiver.

cvsooner
10/24/2010, 01:13 PM
Their defensive line played very well against ours. Their whole front seven played very well.

Their offensive line really did the job against our d. Man. Completely took out linebackers time and again. I thought Mizzou couldn't run the ball? Sure didn't look like it last night. Our secondary was making way too many tackles.

All in all, too many mistakes, by players and coaches.

I suspect Mizzou had a few things nobody had seen, and we were adjusting on the fly. Supposedly they had this game circled on the calendar...been looking forward to it all season. And then we don't play superbly. You have to play absolutely perfectly in a game like this, and we didn't.

Mizzou will lose at Nebraska. We'll see one of them again in the CCG.

Dan Thompson
10/24/2010, 01:32 PM
I couldn't believe how many times they ran thru the right side of our d-line.

stoopified
10/24/2010, 02:28 PM

Missed field goal.

I believe we can be them when the CCG comes around.THATS WHAT I'M COUNTING ON.

MamaMia
10/24/2010, 02:50 PM
I couldn't believe how many times they ran thru the right side of our d-line.

I noticed that too. :(

Breadburner
10/24/2010, 03:26 PM
The onside kick troubled me as well.....!!!

CU Sooner
10/24/2010, 04:12 PM
This may be our weakest rotation on dt's in Stoops' tenure.

PSK2080
10/24/2010, 05:14 PM
A fully healthy Adrian Taylor would help right now...as it stands, the fact that we have to play a less than healthy Taylor alot of snaps isn't good...McGee will probably be good in time, but McFarland has been a disappointment, and no one else has stepped up...too much youth and inexperience at the DT spots...

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 05:33 PM
I suppose the rain also didn't help any last night but all in all we were still outplayed.. outcoached and we failed to execute. Happens.

I still look forward to the rest of the season because we have a lot of talent who are still learning.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 05:35 PM
The thing about the rain is both teams are getting rained on.

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 05:36 PM
The thing about the rain is both teams are getting rained on.

Noted.. duly noted. Thats why I only mentioned it plus all of the rest. We were indeed outplayed but the rain still didn't help.

Cornfed
10/24/2010, 05:39 PM
Even with all that happened, if we tackle better we win IMHO.

We had several chances at tackles for loss or short gains that they turned into first downs on third down.

MyT Oklahoma
10/24/2010, 05:52 PM
Our tackling sucked as did the opening kickoff return for a touchdown.. two interceptions that resulted in points for Mizzou.. a missed short field goal.. a fumble in the red zone resulting from someone punching the ball out from behind because the ball wasn't protected.. an overthrown open TD pass.. you name it our offense and special teams probably did more to lose last night than our defense. But still the rain didn't help any. I hate football games in the rain.

CBUS_SOONER
10/24/2010, 06:40 PM
How about demarco falling around the ten yd line when he could have walked in and scored. Then Landry throws the big pick. that was huge

TrophyCollector
10/24/2010, 06:48 PM
This may be our weakest rotation on dt's in Stoops' tenure.

JF - 4 tackles
AT - 1 tackle

cvsooner
10/24/2010, 09:27 PM
Two dropped interceptions too. Yeah, we just didn't get it done. We give up a TD on the kickoff and miss a chip shot field goal...we don't do those two things and we're talking 31-29 us (since we wouldn't in all likelihood have gone for two). We moved the ball well in the first half but not so much in the second.

Well, it's over. Problems to fix. Tackling is one of them. Defensive line needs to get into the backfield and linebackers have to fight off blocks. That was the basic problem with the run game. And Box didn't seem to be in position way too much.

Really, I'm disappointed, but not surprised. Nothing that happened isn't anything we haven't seen in practically every game this season. Mizzou was finally good enough to make us pay for it.

Mobits
10/24/2010, 10:06 PM
How about demarco falling around the ten yd line when he could have walked in and scored. Then Landry throws the big pick. that was huge
This is the one I've been having the hardest time with. That play was HUGE.

yukonmiller
10/24/2010, 10:45 PM
Adding to the list; demarco getting tripped up by the carpet monster.

The over turned fumble/non-catch. Phantom pass interference on slick Colvin. All of the coaching blunders and clock mis-management. I like our chances in ccg as well.

Sooner Brewcrew
10/25/2010, 10:18 AM

Missed field goal.

I believe we can be them when the CCG comes around.

Not sure a CCG is in the cards this year. We still have a tough game or two left before then.